Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

R

ITMP and a mug release. It's going to be a great holiday season!

[ Edited by: ron-tiki 2013-11-11 15:48 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:05 ]

The Purple Pig will be making a Guest Appearance at The International Tiki Market Place on Saturday, December 7th.

'Tis the Season to help out those who aren't as fortunate as us. Bring in all your loose coins to The ITMP and help fill The Purple Pig. Your donations will help Disabled Children Walk, Talk, See, & Play.

*All Proceeds will be donated to The California-Hawaii Elks Major Project.

Mahalo! - WooHooWahine

OK...Here is the (up to date) list of over 40 Vendors for the Holiday Spectacular International TIKI Market Place!!! Remember to come early!!! Can You Say "MUG RELEASE"???

Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Bodytopia, Bosko, Crazy Al, Deadhead Rum, Dee Cache, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Fancy Fruit, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Herb’s Herbs, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Kari Hendler, Kingfish Vintage Stuff, Mahalo Tiki, Tiki Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, O.B. Tiki, Retro Ruthie, The Schmaltz Family, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Farm, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vicki’s Florals, Vintage Island Art & more

Wow! I am so looking forward to seeing my whole Tiki family all in one place after I will just have returned two days earlier from an extended stay in the old world colonies.

I'm bringing a few boxes full of munktikis, geckos, tiki tony, tiki farm, vintage bowls, etc. to sell at buzzy's space.
I'll have stuff from $10 to $200.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2013-11-19 19:53 ]

T

On 2013-11-18 11:00, WooHooWahine wrote:
The Purple Pig will be making a Guest Appearance at The International Tiki Market Place on Saturday, December 7th.

'Tis the Season to help out those who aren't as fortunate as us. Bring in all your loose coins to The ITMP and help fill The Purple Pig. Your donations will help Disabled Children Walk, Talk, See, & Play.

Mahalo! - WooHooWahine

I am grateful for all my customers that have put my floats and puffer fish into their Tiki Bars. Now is the time for me to give back to those in need. I will be selling a PURPLE float and every cent ($40.00) will donated to the PURPLE Pig cause.

On 2013-11-20 21:25, TikiVato wrote:

Mahalo! - WooHooWahine

I am grateful for all my customers that have put my floats and puffer fish into their Tiki Bars. Now is the time for me to give back to those in need. I will be selling a PURPLE float and every cent ($40.00) will donated to the PURPLE Pig cause.

WooHoo! Mahalo! Mahalo for your generous offer Tiki Vato!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:06 ]

Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends at Marketplace the best shopping place in the USA. Wendy and Dan

Thank you Wendy and Dan! We are truly thankful to have the wonderful support of all of our Guests, Vendors, Don the Beachcomber (Delia Snyder), and our Sponsors Deadhead Rum & Rhino Mortgage & Realty Services.

HOT OFF THE PRESS***********TO BE RELEASED DECEMBER 7TH at the ITMP*******************

Deadhead Rum Limited Edition
Classic Cocktail Set

Barware with "Pizz"azz!

Deadhead Rum is proud to present you with our brand new Classic Cocktail Set. Designed for us by notorious lowbrow artist The Pizz and manufactured for us by world famous Tiki Farm, our cocktail set includes an oversized pitcher featuring hand-etched and hand-stained Deadhead Rum art as well as 2 accompanying hand-etched and hand-stained martini-style inspired mugs plus each set comes with an oversized swizzle stir stick to mix up your libation of choice.

The pitcher measures an impressive 9 1/2" in height and has a 28 oz. capacity and each mug measures 4 3/8" in height and has a 4 oz. capacity. Manufactured in Guadalajara, Mexico in high quality, high temperature fired ceramic stoneware, this beautiful set is both microwave and dishwasher safe. With a total run of just 1,000 sets, each set comes individually boxed in a high quality tuck top box with signed and numbered commemorative art on the cover signed by Deadhead Rum founder and creative genius, Kim Brandi.

You can purchase a Deadhead Rum Classic Cocktail Set Saturday, December 7th at the International Tiki Market Place held at Don The Beachcombers, Huntington Beach, CA. Doors open at 9:30am so come early.

FREE Deadhead Rum 50ml Pygmie with purchase. If you can't make it, we are offering FREE shipping anywhere in the United States.

Here is a link to the online store: http://store.iconicbrandsinc.com/deadhead-rum-limited-edition-classic-cocktail-set/

F

Yay, one less day now until Saturday's ITMP!

So...any of you fine artisans want to tease us tiki-plebs with some of the stuff you plan to bring to the Marketplace this weekend?

Pretty please? :D

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: finky099 2013-12-02 15:26 ]

Mahalo! - WooHooWahine

WooHoo! Only 5 More Says :)

S

I'll be there with TiKis for sale

A TiKi under the Christmas tree....?

Lot's of "Maybe's" and "Invited"-still undecided....Well, how about this to help you get off the fence? A very special performance of Emmett Hadley's Olde Tyme One Man Christmas Band! Yes! You heard right! Only at the International TIKI Market Place for a matinee performance at around noon! This will be a short performance that you do NOT want to miss!

I can't wait to see and hear Emmett Hadley's Olde Tyme One Man Christmas Band!

I'll have a hand full of Forbidden Island drink menus all signed by myself. My design and illustrations. $20

More previews to come!

TM

On 2013-12-03 08:32, martini kings wrote:

Might have to stick around for this. I like anything Marsico does.

On 2013-12-03 11:07, lucas vigor wrote:

On 2013-12-03 08:32, martini kings wrote:

Might have to stick around for this. I like anything Marsico does.

Mick- You gotta stick around since he'll be playing between your sets!!!

TM

well then, I am IN!

Hey that Emmett Hadley chap has a familiar looking proboscis...

TM

On 2013-12-03 12:00, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Hey that Emmett Hadley chap has a familiar looking proboscis...

kinda has that Colonel Sanders thing going on!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:07 ]

Mahalo! - WooHooWahine

On 2013-12-03 15:04, RevBambooBen wrote:
SanTiki's avail this Sat!!!

Free candy cane with every purchase :)

p.s. Woo Hoo. You're gonna need a bigger pig!! :wink:

Everyone Needs a Bamboo Ben Santa Claus............WooHooo!!! :)

On 2013-12-03 15:04, RevBambooBen wrote:
SanTiki's avail this Sat!!!

Free candy cane with every purchase :)

p.s. Woo Hoo. You're gonna need a bigger pig!! :wink:

Ben-Yes Please!!!! Those are very cool!!!

HT

Buy your Tiki pendant from Hottiki and then buy a Santa Hat from HB TIKI to have a Tiki Xmas.

FM

Those SanTikis look great!

F

Cool stuff, Ben and HB Tiki! Thanks for the pics. I forgot about the FB page and didn't realize that folks were posting pics there.

Martini Kings are vending and bringing alot of goodies, 2 xmas cd's and about a dozen other Martini Kings cd's this saturday for sale for the holidays. stop by our booth at the internation tiki market place at don the beach combers in seal beach.
Also be sure to catch a noon til 12:30 only show from Emmett Hadley! Come get in the aloha xmas spirit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5q_OplqU5o

T

Aloha & Merry Christmas!

Here are some of the lamps I'll this Saturday.

Along with these 3 Mele Kalikimaka signs.

2 Santa Tiki's with removable hat so you can keep them up all year.

Ladies, we have some new vintage dresses, be sure to come check them out.You can also check out our daughter's vintage inspired sweater clips.

Plenty of other stuff too.

BK

Is the new "Art The Beachcomber" mug going to be available?

On 2013-12-05 08:01, Big Kahuna wrote:
Is the new "Art The Beachcomber" mug going to be available?

Released from Tiki Farm's Facebook page December 3rd:

"This coming Saturday, from 9:30am to 2:30pm, Tiki Farm and special guest Delia Snyder will be previewing and taking pre-orders for our newest and most very special mug, our tribute to the late Arthur Snyder of Don the Beachcomber fame. The mug, aptly named "Art The Beachcomber" is what's in store for you! This will happen at the International Tiki Marketplace event held at Don the Beachcomber in Huntington Beach "Surf City", CA!

Our Art The Beachcomber mugs are $25 each (cocktail NOT included) and the run is 500 per glaze color so we anticipate the mugs selling out quickly both at Don's and on our Tiki Farm website.

These beautiful mugs will be made available very soon at a mug release party at Don's - more information on that event as it becomes available. Our Art The Beachcomber mug will be available for sale at http://www.tikifarm.com after the Tiki Mug Release Part has concluded.

Designed and sculpted by Art's old friend and our legendary pal Crazy Al Tikimania, this is a very striking mug. Thank you Al for all of your hard work on this! You are the manic whittler my friend!!

So please, come stop by our Tiki Farm/Don the Beachcomber booth at this weekend's event and say hi and pre-order what is we believe the most important Tiki mug of 2013. We're the first booth on the right inside the Hidden Village."

BK

Thanks, Chris!

SF

The Art of Doug Horne

Just a few of the limited edition prints I will have on hand this Saturday.

Plus lots more!

HT

Beautiful Hawaiian Art available for sale at Don the Beachcomber SunSet Beach International Tiki Market Place on December 7th. Purchased in Hawaii at Outrigger Hotel. Signed and Numbered. HB Tiki img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/10038/52a0c220.jpg[/img]

Lining up to be a great Holiday event, looking forward to it!

DC

SF

The Art of Doug Horne

From a land far away and fresh off of
the USS Merchant Ship "Salty Wench".
Swamp Fire Lounge Tiki mugs!!
For sale this Saturday at the ITMP!!

NEW DOUG MUGS!!!

T

Here's two more signs for Saturday.

See ya Saturday!!

SATURDAY is almost here and i still gotta pack everything up!
HUMBUG!
Here's just a taste of what;s in store this Saturday at Don's!
in a mad Dash to provide some affordable gifts for the ohana...

Here's some 5x5 lil baby canvases that will be in attendance on Saturday at Don's!

"Volcano Bowl"
"Tiki Mug Studies"
5 x 5"
acrylic and cel-vinyl on canvas

"Pineapple King"
"Orongo"
5 x 5"

"the Feast"
"Crocodile and Two Birds"
5 x 5"

"Surprised Ku"
"the Fish Brothers"
5 x 5"

and a weeeeee weeeeeeee lil baby baby one

"Crocodile and Bird"
4 x 4"

Monkeypods?
Folks bug me about Painted monkeypods
EVERY TIME at these events...
Like Clockwork.....
friggin Clockwork.....

So here are a few ...

"Smiling Face"
acrylic on monkeypod
6 x 6.25"

"Tiki Pineapple"
acrylic on monkeypod
5 x 6.5"

"Lono Pineapple"
acrylic on monkeypod
5 x 6.5"

"Jungle Bowl"
acrylic on monkeypod bowl
8 x 14.5""

Also have this strange find of some kind of a palm Fond-Yellow in color,with the ends spray painted gold....
Curious.....
Anyways,it was singing out to be transformed after quite a spell in the monkeypod box here at the studio.....

"Ancestor figure Tamberan House Abelam Maprik Area Papua New Guinea"
22 x 5"
acrylic and cel-vinyl on palm frond

Woodburns?!?!
Did Somebody say WOODBURNS?!?!?
Whuzzat?
Here are two that i was able to squeeze in this Holiday weekend...

"Night Row"
5x5"
pyrography on wood with cel-vinyl tinting

and one a lil more involved....
"the Lost Village"
10 x 10"
pyrography on wood with cel-vinyl tinting

Also FINALLY finished a piece that was started about eight months ago.....and NOW it's finished! YAY!

"Appearance of the Bird Fish"
24 x 24"
Acrylic,metallic paintpan,and cel-vinyl on acrylic and tissue-paper stained canvas

Finally.....
Billy the Crud carved two BIG wooden shield masks
(based on some of the characters in my PNG paintings)
and gave me two at this summer's Oasis in San Diego to paint up...

Well....Old Father Time finally granted some
and here dey is!

"Watcher of the Hut"
29 x 17"
Cel-vinyl and acrylic on wood
Carved by Billy the Crud
Painted by LLT

and a close-up to get a feel for the Rough hewn painting and distress on it!

"Bar Guardian"
32 x 17"
Cel-vinyl and acrylic on wood
Carved by Billy the Crud
Painted by LLT

I'll be bringing em both
but will only allow ONE to be adopted
the other is for the studio...
Unless you can make me an offer i cannot refuse

Also will be bringin just a FEW actual semi-big paintings
like this one!
"Evening Feast"
cel-vinyl and acrylic on wood
with a Bamboo Ben frame!
23 x 27"

Will also be bringing some individually wrapped drawings of a very high quality....
"the Village"
pen and ink on ink and tissue paper stained Aquarelle Watercolor paper

ONE hand-painted PINGO mug
to be revealed as soon as i take pix.....

and some hand-painted
Tiki Farm Classic Cocktail Sets
This"Colorforms" edition still available!

along with loads of other goodies...
Hope to see you there!
FREE HUGS and HOHOHOs!
:)

THIS JUST IN!!!!

I will have available tomorrow
a Hand-painted TikiFarm "PiNGo" mug!
the ONLY one of it's kind
lovingly designed and NOW enameled by yours truly
JUST FOR YOU!!!!

No other painted PiNGos on the schedule
or on this earth!
and y'alls know how easily i get distracted by other projects

SO THIS MAY BE THE ONLY ONE!

:)

Great to see that Leroy Schmaltz’ wife Vivian and their Daughter Lea will be there tomorrow. Counting the hours-hope they bring mo of these tee’s. Make great stocking stuffers.

Back view

Front view

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2013-12-06 23:12 ]

Hey Doug-If you see this post please save me a menu. Gotta have one!
Mahalo

Mahalo! - WooHooWahine

Woohoo! Today's the Day......See you at The International Tiki Market Place today!

Mahalo! - WooHooWahine

Woohoo! Today's the Day......See you at The International Tiki Market Place today!

FM

A lot of cool stuff today at the Marketplace!

What a great turn out today! Thanks to everyone who purchased vintage tiki, barware, etc. Had a great time vending, as always.

Special thanks to Chris and Karen for organizing this great event.

Looking forward to vending next month.... And to celebrate the marketplace's 2nd Anniversary!

A “Shopper’s” View at the itmp; what a great variety of new and vintage “stuff-So hard to choose where to plop down the bucks. We spent plenty on many items even though we got there late. Lucky for me Doug still had some F. I. menus and Kinny still had his hand painted “Pingo” Mug which now belongs to me. Great to see so many familiar faces! And so much talent unner one roof!
Thanks Chris! Thanks Karen! And thank you Vendors and Artists!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies