Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

Thanks KB you beat me to it, it is very well put together
and shows the last marketplace, check it out!

On 2014-05-04 12:59, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
This was splattered all over Facebook and it definitely needed to be seen here

Randomland: International Tiki Marketplace

Thanks KB! And thank you Justin!

Haha!! Love that guy from LFDP. He makes some great videos. Great exposure for ITMP. Can't wait for the next one. :D

The International TIKI Market Place is proud to welcome back Ka'amea to play live during our next ITMP June 14th at Don the Beachcomber! Ka'amea brings their authentic sounds of the islands and is returning after playing to sold out venues from Las Vegas to the West Coast and regions beyond. Their performance is included for free, so make sure your calendar is marked today!

We also have a packed Market Place of Vendors for you once again! Special vending appearances by Lake Tiki and Gecko!!! (These guys are coming a long way to be part of the event and will be bringing their latest items to share with you!)

Go have a great time at Tiki Caliente this weekend (we'll see you there!) And plan on making it to the ITMP June 14th to see Ka'amea, your friends and all of the great vendors!!!

A-looooooooooHA!

Here is the updated list for the upcoming "Dads and Grads" International TIKI Market Place:

Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Baypark Buzzy, Bosko, Deadhead Rum, Dee Cache, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Falling Cocos, Fancy Fruits, Gecko, GoTiki, Grider Co., Happy Chi, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Josh Agle Objects, Lake Tiki, Mahalo Tiki, Martini Kings, Marty Lush, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, O.B. Tiki, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, PowerJive Records, Retro Ruthie, Smokin Tikis, Spike, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki , Broker, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vintage Island Art, Wildesville Man & more!

And don't forget, Ka'amea will be providing island tunes live!!!

You'll want to come early to take advantage of all the deals on the great stuff the vendors will be bringing! And don't forget to welcome back Lake Tiki and say aloha to Gecko!!!

More exciting news to follow soon!!!!

http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com
http://www.tikioasis.com
http://www.facebook.com/InternationalTikiMarketPlace

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2014-05-24 12:41 ]

I don't come to the INMP often,but when i do I bring Marty Lush and his new Alika Lyman Cd and Rocks Glasses and a boat load of Tiki Caliente gear.

Catch you on the Flip you Tiki freaks.

W

I may even bring Barry,who knows

BIG NEWS!!! Okay, I didn’t want to announce anything until I was 100% sure. This is going out only to our Facebook Group Friends and Tiki Central Friends today and will be released to the general public Monday 6/9.…So here it is:

The International TIKI Market Place will be offering a very limited tiki mug in tribute to the old school hand carved tikis. He looks like he was just carved out of wood, but fear not, he is ceramic! He’s holding a shrunken head in one hand and a tiki mug in the other. On the back it says, “International TIKI Market Place Est. Jan 2012” He stands approx. 6 1/2'” tall and is approx. 3” wide. They are $45.00 pre-sale and $50 at the ITMP (if any are left!) They are limited to a run of 50 (and numbered on the bottom) and NO MORE will be made! Please message me for payment arrangements. Made in the USA by our friends at TikiGuy Studio!

Great Response to our mug release! Only a handful left of the 50 total! See below for the details on how get one before they're gone.
See you this Saturday!

On 2014-06-06 11:50, SoccerTiki wrote:
BIG NEWS!!! Okay, I didn’t want to announce anything until I was 100% sure. This is going out only to our Facebook Group Friends and Tiki Central Friends today and will be released to the general public Monday 6/9.…So here it is:

The International TIKI Market Place will be offering a very limited tiki mug in tribute to the old school hand carved tikis. He looks like he was just carved out of wood, but fear not, he is ceramic! He’s holding a shrunken head in one hand and a tiki mug in the other. On the back it says, “International TIKI Market Place Est. Jan 2012” He stands approx. 6 1/2'” tall and is approx. 3” wide. They are $45.00 pre-sale and $50 at the ITMP (if any are left!) They are limited to a run of 50 (and numbered on the bottom) and NO MORE will be made! Please message me for payment arrangements. Made in the USA by our friends at TikiGuy Studio!

i will be bringing the last 5 of the Tiki Caliente 6 Pendants on Saturday as well as my last 3 SHAG Mod-PalmSprings Pendants.

Please purchase them early so I can have some cash to buy myself cocktails.

W

On 2014-06-09 15:54, Wildsville man wrote:
i will be bringing the last 5 of the Tiki Caliente 6 Pendants on Saturday as well as my last 3 SHAG Mod-PalmSprings Pendants.

Please purchase them early so I can have some cash to buy myself cocktails.

W

I hear yea!

WooHoo! Only 5 More days!!!

H

Will have a few HOTTIKI mugs at the show Saturday

Big 10 inch...holds 32 ounces

How much!? Those are lovely.

C

On 2014-06-10 10:27, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
How much!? Those are lovely.

Have you seen his pendants? This mug is like a king sized version of his pendants. One of the best mugs I have seen in a long time.

Newly "Discovered'
Puan Tribal Art & Artyfacts
(Created by me that is!)

From My Enchanted World of Lana Pua ....
The Lost Kingdom of The Floating Flower Islands

Arriving at the International Tiki Marketplace
June 14th in Huntington Beach
Don the Beachcomber

As a side note ....
As some you may know, the vast majority of my illustrations, paintings, sculptures, figures and artyfacts are not from the world of purist Tikidom ... but are items I have created as pieces from MY Enchanted World of Lana Pua ... A once lost island kingdom.

My work is influenced by many cultures, and my own personal artistic expression, MY world is an amalgamation of them all. So expect the unusual, expect bizarre, and hopefully I manage to surprise and intrigue you as well.

I create what I love ... but most of all I love it when I can share the adventure I am creating with YOU!

2014 "Jungle Orb of Spirits"
Limited Edition Drink Bowl / Jumbo Mug

This Limited Edition is Only 12 Pieces.

These are going fast !!! Low Numbers in this edition are still available.

PreOrder Now and pick yours up at the International Tiki Marketplace
First come first served.

Email me at [email protected]
or
PM me Here

H

Cook Island Fishermen's God.....Wall Plaque...new for Saturday's Show

I will be sitting next to TikiTony selling some crap :) Come and get some

H

Bongo Player Redux...Wall Plaque...Sat. June 14th

H

only one day left...Cook Island Tiki...painted wood...Saturday

Last chance to make sure you get the new ITMP tiki mug. There only a few left and whatever is not spoken for by tonight will be sold tomorrow morning for $50 "first come-first served" and less than 10 left! Message me to get yours today.

See you tomorrow...All your friends will be there!

On 2014-06-06 11:50, SoccerTiki wrote:

WooHoo! Today's the Day!!!

WooHoo! Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone who came to The International TIKI Market Place yesterday, to Ka'amea & Kimo for Filling the Air with Tropical Tunes from the Islands, to Delia & the Don The Beachcomber Ohana for keeping our Tiki Mugs Full , and a Giant Mahalo to All the Vendors for All They Do to Create All of these Tiki Treasures for you.

See You July 19th!!!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jun 15, 2014 11:07 AM

Thanks Chris.

K

What the hell was up with the parking attendants/rerouting of parking? I've never seen that before! Lordy did I wish I had brought a stroller for the little one, she's getting heavy.

Thanks Chris ,Karen, Don the Beachcomber staff & to all the great vendors & Artists
whom make this a great day!

Thank you to over 400 of you that came out to have a fun day in paradise! Lot's of great vendors with their tiki wares, and good drinks and food and most of all, good friends! Thank you Kimo and Ka'amea for providing the entertainment and to Don the Beachcomber for allowing us to use their tiki temple. The vendors are already gearing up for the next ITMP July 19th...Stay tuned for more fun info!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:16 ]

WooHoo!!! Straight from the Coconut Wire.......BIG News Coming Soon!! STAY TUNED!!!

CONFIRMED!!! The North American Premier of Sven A. Kirsten's newest literary masterpiece, "Tiki Pop" will take place at the International TIKI Market Place Saturday July 19th! But wait! There's more! Our friends at the farm, Tiki Farm that is, will be debuting their "Tiki Pop" Tiki Mug and Bookmark along side Sven, the collaborator of the mug and bookmark. Doors open at 10am. NO EARLY ENTRIES!!! Come see Sven, Holden, all the great vendors, and the rest of the tiki ohana!

Looking forward to see your eyes bug out when you see that whopper of a book, chockful with Tiki eye candy !

It is bilingual in English and French, since it is the catalog for my Paris Tiki Pop exhibition: https://www.facebook.com/tiki.pop.paris

Weighing in at 6.2 pounds, with close to 400 pages illustrated with over 800 (!) images, I am selling it for the list price: $ 60.-
Please note that I can only take cash. The average walk by customer might shy away from that price, so I am bringing a limited supply of copies - come early to secure yours! I will sign and dedicate only books bought at the table - not that you can get the book anywhere else yet :)

http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/popculture/all/02897/facts.tiki_pop_america_imagines_its_own_polynesian_paradise.htm

The Tiki Pop MUG, brought to you by Holden in person, has a tasseled BOOKMARK for the book inside:

The mug is modeled after the vintage Mai Tai Room menu in the book and show:

…which also provided the name and logo Tiki for the Tiki bar built by Cheeky Tiki in the exhibit:

…with the matching Tiki carved by Jamie Wilson:

(No, this album does not exist - yet!)

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2014-07-11 13:25 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:17 ]

WooHoo! Only 1 More Week!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:18 ]

I'm gonna be SOOOO broke after this weekend!

[ Edited by: Hpetridis 2014-07-14 20:34 ]

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!
Here are some new items I'll have in store.

On sale I'll have some wheelthrown pieces from my coconut collection.
Unplanted hanging planters $45

Small lidded jars $20
Medium lidded jars $30

Lidded mugs with naval straw holes $45

Thanks for looking and I hope to see you all on Saturday! If we only know each other on TC, FB, or Instagram, please stop by and say hi, as it's always nice to connect real life with social media friends.

Looking good, Mike!

Get Ready....This Saturday-10am. NO EARLY ENTRIES!!!

THIS SATURDAY:

This is pretty exciting: The very first shipment of the book in America will just make it to my house the evening before Marketplace:

UPS
In Transit: On Time
Business Day(s) Left3

Request Status Updates
Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 18/07/2014, By End of Day

Last Location:
Departed - Chambersburg, PA, United States, Tuesday, 15/07/2014

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2014-07-15 20:21 ]

Thanks, Lance, see you Saturday!
Saturday sounds like it's gonna be awesome! Hope I sell a mug or two so I can get my copy of Tiki-Pop :)

Wow! With all the great news coming out for this ITMP I almost forgot to tell you about the fabulous vendors we have lined up! Here is the updated list as of today: Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Big Toe, Bosko, Deadhead Rum, Dee Cache, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Grog, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Herb’s Herbs, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Jungle Ginger, Mahalo Tiki, Mimsy B’s Kitsch Corner, MTKahuna Vintage Polynesia, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, PowerJive Records, Red Belle’s Boutique, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Sven Kirsten, Tee-Ki Togs, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Farm, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Trader Pup, Vintage Island Art.

And don't forget about the awesome talents we have acquired to entertain you! The Smokin' Menehunes AND Ka'amea! Yes! Both will be performing their Hawaiian classics and original music!

Mahalo to our Sponsors: DeadHead Rum, Don the Beachcomber and Rhino Mortgage & Realty Services!

Really looking forward to this one!

DC

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:15 ]

Here's a new lamp I'll have this Saturday.
Hawaiian Bird of Paradise bark cloth, curved rattan accents & sea glass bottom.

Here are some of the other lamps I'll have.

Moai & Tapa Cloth

Router carved tiki faces

Hawaiian flower bark cloth & bamboo

mosaic glass & bamboo

Mahalo

They're HEEE-IRRRR! :D

Plumber's Cleavage Alert!

Tadaaah!:

Thanks for comin' through, UPS!

Nice!!!! :D. Will not be there at the Market Place this time but I will be seeing you at the Tonga Hut Sven. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies