Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

The books should have been delivered in a Brink's truck due to the fact that so many folks wanna get their hands on a copy :D The event looks like it is going to be a fun one.

WooHooo! Today's the Day......See You Soon!!!

On 2012-01-21 14:18, SoccerTiki wrote:

What: International TIKI Market Place (In our 3rd year!)
Who: Over 40 Tiki Vendors, Live Entertainment & More!!!
When: Saturday, July 19 10am-3pm
Where: Don the Beachcomber, Hidden Village and High Chief's Room
Cost: You pay $10 admission (CASH ONLY) and get $10 voucher for food and/or drinks!!!
Why: In line with Donn Beach and his founding the International Market Place in Hawaii in 1956, we bring the International Tiki Market Place to Don the Beachcomber.

This is a Family Friendly Event, Kids Under 12 Free.

We want to thank you all in advance for sharing our vision of bringing the spirit of the International Market Place (founded by Donn Beach in 1956) and the spirit of TIKI which we all share thanks to Don the Beachcomber! And a special thanks to Art Snyder who gave us the opportunity to bring this idea to you! Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo!-SoccerTiki & WooHooWahine, Promoters

“Don the Beachcomber admires very much the work that members of our community have put into the development of such events as the amazing Tiki Oasis, The Hukilau, and other big ticket gatherings of our clan across the United States. Through that work a very positive effect has been felt in the growth and expansion of Tiki in America. DTB supports each of them, both financially and emotionally.

However, we believe that Tiki would additionally benefit from the development of smaller projects, that do not demand long trips, reduce costs to the participants simply by holding the costs to those who stage them to a minimum, making access possible to vendors who otherwise would not be able to afford it.”
Art Snyder, Owner, Don the Beachcomber

And a very BIG MAHALO to our sponsors:

[ Edited by: soccertiki 2014-06-15 09:58 ]

WooHoo! Cheers to Another Tiki-rrific International TIKI Market Place!
Mahalo! Mahalo to All the Vendors, The Don The Beachcomber Ohana, The Smokin' Menehunes, Ka'amai, Kimo, and to Everyone who made the trek to The International TIKI Market Place today. See You October 11th.

Thanks Soccertiki & WooHoo for another great day Saturday!
I had to miss the last couple, so I'm extra-glad I came.
Too long a wait until October!

Thanks to all who made it out for a great day at the International TIKI Market Place! We again broke a record for attendance!
WooHooo!!! Thanks to all the great Vendors who continue to amaze us with their great stuff! Thank you to the Smokin' Menehunes, Ka'amea and Kimo for providing the right vibes all day long! Thank you Don the Beachcomber and staff for allowing us to carry on in a true tiki temple!

Sven's book release/signing along with Tiki Farm's mug release and signing was a complete success! Sven sold out! And after three hours Holden and Sven's wrists had to be sore from all the signing!!!

Wow, thanks again to Chris, Karen, and everybody else who contributes to making the ITMP such a success, time after time. It seemed like there were a lot of first timers, so thank you to everyone for helping spread the Aloha spirit and Tiki culture.

For those of you who stopped by to say hi or purchase one of my pieces, thank you very much, the support is greatly appreciated.

If you missed out on one of my pieces, you can always see what's available on my website or pre-order something from my Etsy shop.

Mahalo and aloha!

junglemodern.bigcartel.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/junglemodern

Can anyone give me information on the vendor who had the ceramic tiles printed with exotica album covers?

T

On 2014-07-30 21:26, KrakenHunterSteve wrote:
Can anyone give me information on the vendor who had the ceramic tiles printed with exotica album covers?

The vendor shared a space with Tiki Al. The vendor has a moniker of Gonzo Tiki on Facebook. His Facebook page has his art and prices listed. Some really nice stuff. Let me know if you have trouble contacting him.

One More Month.....Woohoo!

AW YEAH!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:13 ]

B

well shoots, i guess i am coming back for this one. Check out a wee bit of madness i am working on for the event. these are the Frankies Lava Letch mugs that i designed, produced by Tiki Farm. I am painting up 24 "Golden Zombies". 5 are spoken for, so i will have 19 available for S150. each. Here is what they look like to start with:

Here I have painted them all black with 1 shot enamel, and now i am working on the details with metallic enamel. thanks for looking.

I will also have 2 other one of a kind painted mugs, canvas and paper prints, Green Zombie Tiki Pendants, and my new hand-painted alumimum "Makua" pendants cast by the indefatigable MK Grider Company, which go for $40.

These are guaranteed to ward off the bad spirits, especially the ones in the Brady Bunch TIKI CAVES episode!

looking forward to seeing the Tiki Ohana!

Updated Vendor List for 10/11-Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Big Toe, Crazy Al, Dave's Paradise Tikis,Deadhead Rum, Dee Cache, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Herb’s Herbs, Hottiki, Johnnie Velour, Jungle Ginger, Ken Ruzic, MTKahuna Vintage Polynesia, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, OB Tiki, Odd Rodney, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Polynesiac, PowerJive Records, Red Belle’s Boutique, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Sweet Siren Designs, Tiki Al, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Farm, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Pops, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vintage Island Art and more!

http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com
http://www.tikioasis.com
http://www.facebook.com/InternationalTikiMarketPlace

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2014-10-10 18:59 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:14 ]

My husband, Tiki Bong, is selling an 8 foot 3 inch lodge pole carved by Mr. Leroy Schmaltz at the world-famous Oceanic Arts. This lodge pole was originally carved for The Tiki Bar on Placentia Ave in Costa Mesa, and was installed there for a few years. His friend and original drummer for the Hula Girls, Dominic Tucchi, was friends with the original owner of the Tiki Bar. The bar changed hands and the new owners removed 2 of the carved lodge poles, I think about 2 or 3 remain. We bought the lodge pole from Dominic around 2002. The pole features 4 tiki faces carved around the pole; the eye of one face is shared with another and so on around. The carving starts starts 26 inches from the top, and is 3 feet in length, the last 3 feet are not carved. It was another of Leroy’s great ideas. As soon as we told Bob van Oosting at OA I had bought the pole, he immediately made a copy of the original invoice, which will go with the pole for provenance. The cost at the time was $505.60 for the pole, $139.50 for the carving, and $10 for the sanding, staining and sealing. All this is detailed on the invoice copy. We are asking $900 for the pole and this to be a fair price given the artist that carved it and its history. If you are interested, message me, Madame Bong. Tiki Bong's band, The Smokin’ Menehunes will be playing at the International Tiki Market Place this Saturday, October 11th. You can talk to him then if you want. We only live about 20 minutes away in Huntington Beach. It is one heavy piece and will have to be a pick-up.

[ Edited by: Madame Bong 2014-10-06 18:28 ]

Bummed I can't make it this time :(. Next time for sure!!! :D

On 2014-10-07 20:35, forgotten tikiman wrote:
Bummed I can't make it this time :(. Next time for sure!!! :D

[/quote

You will be missed :)

MUST HAVE!!!!!

Mug Release!

Get your Tickets for This Festive Event @ The International TIKI Market Place this Saturday. Tickets are only $15. See Chris Garland or Tony Marsico to purchase your tickets.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1531152773787169/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2014-10-08 19:26 ]

So excited to be vending at the ITMP tomorrow!
I'll have some Custom mugs leftover from Oasis
as well as ONE Custom painted Kolohe mug (Ginger Edition)
and ONE Custom painted Kainoa Bowl!

a crateful of individually wrapped Original Drawings!

and some paintings!

Lucky YOU!
Come visit the booth over in Sin Alley
with Doug,Toe,Odd Rodney,BooBen and yours truly
all in attendance!
HI HO!

Tomorrow is the day! No early birds! Doors open at 10am. Check out these vendors:
Updated Vendor List-Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Big Toe, Crazy Al, Dave's Paradise Tikis,Deadhead Rum, Dee Cache, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Herb’s Herbs, Hottiki, Johnnie Velour, Jungle Ginger, Ken Ruzic, MTKahuna Vintage Polynesia, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, OB Tiki, Odd Rodney, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Polynesiac, PowerJive Records, Red Belle’s Boutique, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Sweet Siren Designs, Tiki Al, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Farm, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Pops, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vintage Island Art and more!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:11 ]

I will have a nice selection of "Vintage Aloha Shirts" mostly large & XL
look for them at the "Jungle Ginger Hair Flowers" table where the ladies
will find only the best quality handmade Hair Flowers around!

WooHoo! Today's the Day!! Remember this is a Family Friendly Event.... Kids 12 and Under Free. $10 Cash Only Please.

WooHoo! It was Another Attendance Breaking Day at The International TIKI Market Place Yesterday. Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone who came from Far and Near to Spend the Day in Paradise. A Giant Thanks to All of The Vendors, The Smokin' Menehunes, Kimo and The Don the Beachcomber Ohana for all they do to help make the International TIKI Market Place happen and Cheers to SoccerTiki for all the hours, hard work, and dedication he puts in to bringing THE International TIKI Market Place to You.

Mark it On Your Calendars.....The Next International TIKI Market Place will be on Saturday, December 6th :)

H

A few carvings that will be at the ITMP December 7th

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:12 ]

Hi Friends, Dan and I will not be attending Don the Beachcomber's Marketplace on December 6th. We hope to see many of you next year.

little lost tiki I'm going to collect those hugs next year.

Wendy

thinking about coming to this one, its been quite a while since Ive been to one.

Jeff(btd)

K

So looking forward to returning - June was the last one for me!

The Purple Pig will be making a Guest Appearance at The International TIKI Market Place this Saturday. Bring all your loose change to help fill him up. Your donations will help Disabled Children Walk, Talk, Hear, & See. All proceeds will be donated to The California-Hawaii Purple Pig Project

We're getting a little rain right now, but rest assured, this weekend the skies above the International TIKI Market Place will be clear! You might want to plan to be here when we open as we have a few special appearances! First off, Jason T. Smith of Spike TV's "Thrift Hunters" will be making an appearance and vending some of his choice vintage Chrsitmas Stuff & Aloha Wear and collectibles! Also, we have the return of Gecko'z South Seas Art bringing his latest custom Tiki Mugs direct from Hawaii! Lake Tiki comes back out from the chilly shores of Wisconsin to bring his hand crafted tiki signs, pendants and other goodies! Tikiyaki Orchestra will have tickets available for their New Year's Eve show at Don's (and a little freebie if you buy the tickets this Saturday!

AND...We will have tickets available for the 17th Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party for sale for only $15! The Ding Dong Devils will be opening with some all new Christmas melodies and Emmett Hadley will also make an appearance!

Come early and stay late! Your friends will all be here!

T

Last year's Christmas International Tiki Market Place was incredible and it appears that this year will top that. The list of artists that will be vending is on the Who's who of the Tiki World. I'm glad I have saved my $$$ for this special event.

I'll have the gorgeous Tara MiSioux and Lindy Sue signing our Tiki Calendars! They'll be at the marketplace around noon.
They make a great Christmas gift (oh… the calendars, not the ladies)!!
Hope you can come by!

You can also buy the calendars here: http://www.thehulagirlsmusic.com

T

Made some new lamps!!!

The first two have inlaid tapa cloth The third is take off on war clubs.

We'll also have some vintage purses. Many more than this.

Vintage Jewelry & sweater clips too!!

Even some stuff for the kids!

Plus our rack of Vintage dresses & shirts, some new mugs too!!

See you all Saturday!!

T

Nice variety of stuff there Pops, especially love your lamps, good work.

This Just In*

Due to an outcry on the coconut wireless (mostly Lance)we have kidnapped Tice (the Karaoke guy) and we will have Hawaiian/Tiki music in the Dagger Bar from 3pm to 6pm following the ITMP!!!

Plan on stopping by the Dagger Bar and having a cocktail and good conversation with friends and relaxing music.

Yes! we have the Dagger Bar again!
a drink for all my friends!

I challenge all vendors (and anyone who likes drinky-poos) to total mayhem......... or just a casual fun time in the bar after the marketplace

Drink-a-palooza 2014!

Woohoo!!! See You Tomorrow :)

On 2014-12-01 18:49, WooHooWahine wrote:
The Purple Pig will be making a Guest Appearance at The International TIKI Market Place this Saturday. Bring all your loose change to help fill him up. Your donations will help Disabled Children Walk, Talk, Hear, & See. All proceeds will be donated to The California-Hawaii Purple Pig Project

CA

last 10 in the edition of only 50 of these

and only two of these left of only 5 made

I'll be heading to my APE gig in SF shortly after noon:30... so get to my booth early if you can!

also: i'll try and sell you this again...

On 2014-10-29 18:05, SoccerTiki wrote:

[/quote)

Woohoo! Today's The Day!

Woohoo! It was Another Attendance Record Breaking Day at The International TIKI Market Place. Mahalo to EVERYONE who came from Far & Near to Help Celebrate The Huladay Season with Us! We would also like to send a Giant Thank You to Our Ohana of Vendors who work so hard to make & provide all the goods for you. And last but not least, We would like to Thank Don The Beachcomber for providing the perfect place for The International TIKI Market Place. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to You! See You on January 24th - Soccertiki & WooHooWahine

For me, I am especially grateful for it all because it is so great to come home after a 3 month stint in Europe and -BAM- get to see everyone in one place - it's like a goddamn' family meeting!

Representing the many others not pictured, here are:

Tiki Tony and Aileen Murphy, Sabu, and Johnny Velour...

Lotsa love, sun and good food and drink, here with my wife Naomi:

The amount of talent and fantastic Tiki wares is amazing!

Representing the many others not pictured, here's Michael Sbicca table

I had spent my Tiki money already way in advance: By pouncing on this sign (and 2 more!) from Dave "Lake Tiki" Hansen as soon as he posted them:

A worthy acquisition, DustyCajun concurred!

And anybody I did not meet yesterday, I will meet at the Tonga Hut's Tiki Wonderland today! :)

It's good to be home.

On 2014-12-07 10:23, bigbrotiki wrote:

I had spent my Tiki money already way in advance: By pouncing on this sign (and 2 more!) from Dave "Lake Tiki" Hansen as soon as he posted them:

Sven, I was seated in my brother tikiato ’s booth resting from all the great shopping. I watched as you made your purchase’s. My kid’s had that same look on their faces when opening their presents on Christmas morning. Conrgat’s on some very nice buy’s
Merry Christmas!

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-12-08 17:22 ]

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-12-08 17:23 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies