Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

Wow, that was a packed Market Place! Thank you Chris and Karen, the DTBC staff, the musicians, and other vendors for making it another memorable event. It was great meeting a lot of first timers and catching up with old friends. Thanks for stopping by to say hi and thank you to everyone who brought home one of my ceramic pieces, the support is greatly appreciated.

Sven, great seeing you as always! There was a lot of great artists there today, many of who have been an inspiration for me, so I'm honored that you chose to share my work. Thank you very much, your support really means a lot. I'm looking forward to spending more hours in the studio and trying to improve everyday.

Have a happy and safe holiday season everyone!

FM

On 2014-12-03 13:15, Luckydesigns wrote:
I'll have the gorgeous Tara MiSioux and Lindy Sue signing our Tiki Calendars! They'll be at the marketplace around noon.
They make a great Christmas gift (oh… the calendars, not the ladies)!!
Hope you can come by!

You can also buy the calendars here: http://www.thehulagirlsmusic.com

I picked up my calendar and those gals are smokin' hot!

Woohoo! Mark It On Your Calendars

What: International TIKI Market Place 3rd Anniversary
Who: Over 40 Tiki Vendors, Live Entertainment & More!!!
When: Saturday, January 24 10:00am-3:00pm
Where: Don the Beachcomber, Hidden Village and High Chief's Room
Cost: $10 admission (CASH ONLY)
Why: In line with Donn Beach and his founding the International Market Place in Hawaii in 1956, we bring the International Tiki Market Place to Don the Beachcomber.

This is a Family Friendly Event, Kids Under 12 Free

This just in! Updated Vendor List for the 24th: Ali’i’s Treasures, Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzz, Vicky Berg, Crazy Al, Dee Cache, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Falling Cocos, Fancy Fruits, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Jungle Ginger, Mahalo Tiki, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, OB Tiki, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, PowerJive Records, Reagan, Red Belle’s Boutique, Smokin Tikis, Sweet Siren Designs, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Herb, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vintage Island Art & More!

At least you could list me as Mr. Jungle Ginger......I feel so marginalized.

I will be seeing you there Mr. Jungle Ginger. :)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:08 ]

Ben,
Sent you a pm

Jeff btd

T

Here's a new lamp for Saturday. Just needs electrical added.

Carved bottom

I have another one that will be finished by Saturday.

We will also have are usual array of cool stuff. We have new
vintage clothes.

See you all Saturday!!

WooHoo! See You this Saturday :)

This just in! Updated Vendor List for the 24th: Ali’i’s Treasures, Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzz, Vicky Berg, Crazy Al, Dee Cache, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Falling Cocos, Fancy Fruits, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Jungle Ginger, Mahalo Tiki, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, OB Tiki, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, PowerJive Records, Reagan, Red Belle’s Boutique, Smokin Tikis, Sweet Siren Designs, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Herb, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tikiguy Studio, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vintage Island Art & More!

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2015-01-21 09:02 ]

WooHoo! See You Tomorrow!!!!

This just in! Updated Vendor List for the 24th: Ali’i’s Treasures, Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzz, Vicky Berg, Crazy Al, Dee Cache, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Falling Cocos, Fancy Fruits, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Jungle Ginger, Mahalo Tiki, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, OB Tiki, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, PowerJive Records, Reagan, Red Belle’s Boutique, Smokin Tikis, Sweet Siren Designs, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Herb, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tikiguy Studio, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vintage Island Art & More!

We are going to miss seeing all our tiki buddies at Marketplace today. Have a great time without us!
This event can't be beat and we are so sad to not be there. Enjoy, Wendy and Dan

Fun times and a huge turnout! Thanks to Chris, Karen and Don the Beachcomber. And a real big thanks to everyone who came and bought stuff!

Mahalo to EVERYONE who came out to The International TIKI Market Place today to help us Celebrate our 3rd Anniversary. Cheers to The Vendors for all of their hard work creating Tiki Treasures for you and to Our Entertainers: The Smokin Menehunes and Kimo for filling the air with sounds from the islands. Special Thanks to Delia Snyder for keeping The Spirit of Don the Beachcomber alive. Happy 2015 to You! See you at the next International TIKI Market Place on March 7......Woohoo!

One of these days, I'm gonna make it out for this!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:09 ]

Need pics....

Artwork by the extremely talented Doug Horne. Doug has been a long-time vendor and supporter of the ITMP. You can see him and his incredible art March 7.

http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com
http://www.tikioasis.com
http://www.facebook.com/InternationalTikiMarketPlace

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

[ Edited by: soccertiki 2015-02-08 08:51 ]

This just in! Here is the up-to-date vendor list for upcoming March 7th show: Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Crazy Al, Dee Cache, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Dorr, Doug Horne, Fancy Fruits, Fluff, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Jungle Ginger, Monkeyman, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, OB Tiki, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, PowerJive Records, Reagan, Red Belle’s Boutique, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Sweet Siren Designs, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Stan, Tiki Tony, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vickie Berg, Vintage Island Art & more!

I finally made it to a market place without buying a mug. I did, however, buy a bunch of art, sooo......

martini kings will be vending saturday. last chance to get cd's as we are going digital download only.
drop by and say hi!

On 2015-02-11 11:18, SoccerTiki wrote:
This just in! Here is the up-to-date vendor list for upcoming March 7th show: Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Crazy Al, Dee Cache, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Dorr, Doug Horne, Fancy Fruits, Fluff, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Jungle Ginger, Monkeyman, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, OB Tiki, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, PowerJive Records, Reagan, Red Belle’s Boutique, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Sweet Siren Designs, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Stan, Tiki Tony, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vickie Berg, Vintage Island Art & more!

Last minute changes: Fluff will make an appearance, but not have a booth :( BUT...Sven Kirsten will be vending with Pete Moruzzi! AND...Tony Marsico (aka Martini Kings, Cisco and Dewey, Emmett Hadley) will be vending as well!!! Come Early to get the goods!!!

Hokeeeh folks: I dove into my storage, and I am pulling out a couple of resin float lamps from KELBO'S! for sale

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28566&forum=2&start=15

PLUS I will be selling THIS original KELBO'S SIGN for my friend, restaurant archeologist and LA Magazine editor CHRIS NICHOLS:

It is 8 foot long and can be backlit:

This one-of-a-kind original, in as is condition, will set you back a mere 500.- clams!

Now about those floats: Folks erroneously believe that glass floats are it, but back in the day, RESIN and fiberglass floats were the more common ceiling decor in Tiki restaurants - and you cannot get THOSE today anywhere, while glass ones are common again. I will sell these for cheap:

Here's some Kelbo's floats I've had hanging on my porch for years:

ALSO: You might have heard the tale of the Zamboanga's tailless monkeys - but how about Kelbo's tailless puffer fish!? I bet that many of you have sat in some old Tiki bar and stared at the old puffers petrified by countless nicotine nights, and wondered about their age? Now YOU can call such a rare specimen, steeped in the mana of a long gone Tiki palace, your own!:

PLUS I am getting rid of a bunch of Hawaiian shirts, so there will be some stuff for the XL guys.

But that's NOT ALL!: My friend and author colleague PETE MORUZZI will be joining me to sell the rare vintage mugs and decor items that graced his now defunct basement bar, so c'mon early, we'll be in front of the big waterfall!

FM

It's gonna be a fun one tomorrow! Can't wait!

Today's The Day....Woohoo !

Have fun
Stuck at work :(

Woohoo & Cheers to Everyone who came out to The International TIKI Market Place today. We had Another Attendance Record Breaking Day. Mahalo! Mahalo to All the Vendors, Our Entertainment; The Smokin' Menehunes & Kimo, and to The Don The Beachcomber Ohana who help keep the Magic of The International TIKI Market Place Alive. See You at the Next International TIKI Market Place on April 18..... Cheers-Chris & Karen

Special Thanks to Claudette Barjoud of Fluff for proving an Extra Special Treat for The Early Risers....WooHoo!

Claudette Barjoud thank you so much for the print. We were so lucky to get #15 of 15 for Dan's birthday.
Thank you Karen and Chris for another perfect event. It's always worth the drive from Sacramento.
We enjoyed seeing everyone and scoring some terrific tiki treasures. It's sad to leave but we are so
thankful for all the joyful smiles and hugs, Wendy and Dan

Thank you Chris and Karen. Always well worth my drive from Pismo Beach. This Marketplace was crazy. So many people this time. Great seeing friends too. Till next time. :D

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:06 ]

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 08:24 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:07 ]

Nice mugs Ben!

I heard a rumor that the new Tiki Ti mugs by TikiDiablo are going to premier at the next ITMP! Supposed to be a tiki with a cobra around him for the drink Cobra's Fang. We should all cross our fingers! :)

This just in! Updated Vendor List for April 18th: Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Big Toe, Bosko, Crazy Al, Dee Cache, Dirk, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Dorr, Doug Horne, Fancy Fruits, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Jungle Ginger, Kona Clive & Vontiki, Monkeyman, OB Tiki, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Power Jive Records, Reagan, Red Belle’s Boutique, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Sweet Siren Designs, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Trader Pup, Vicki Berg, Vintage Island Art & More!!!

Have you ever seen such a diverse group?! Come early to get the goods!!!

(Shhhh! Don't tell anyone! I hear HB Tiki is going to have some "Early Bird" and "Senior Citizen" discounts!!!)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:01 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Apr 7, 2015 9:32 AM

Back to your original spot across from us?

R

Ha!

Upvote for GROG!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:02 ]

WooHooo! Only 1 More Week!!!

Folks I got a couple of items to sale but no booth is there space or way for me to offer these items up. Just have to ask since I am making the treck down there. I dont want to undermine the tiki economy by selling it outside : )

Cheers

[ Edited by: gold zephyr 2015-04-12 16:23 ]

[ Edited by: gold zephyr 2015-04-12 16:24 ]

Come out and say hi to your friends and all these great vendors: Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Big Toe, Bongo Fury, Bosko, Crazy Al, Dee Cache, Dirk, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Dorr, Doug Horne, Fancy Fruits, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Jungle Ginger, Kona Clive & Vontiki, Monkeyman, OB Tiki, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Power Jive Records, Reagan, Red Belle’s Boutique, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Sweet Siren Designs, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Trader Pup, Vicki Berg, Vintage Island Art & More!!!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2015-04-14 19:30 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:03 ]

What Ben said.

On 2015-04-12 16:23, gold zephyr wrote:
Folks I got a couple of items to sale but no booth is there space or way for me to offer these items up. Just have to ask since I am making the treck down there. I dont want to undermine the tiki economy by selling it outside : )

Cheers

[ Edited by: gold zephyr 2015-04-12 16:24 ]

All of Our Vending Spots for The ITMP are Completely Full. There is No Outside Vending. Come Shop & Spend the Day in Paradise.......WooHooo!!!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-04-15 16:03 ]

What WooHoo said!

T

Why don't you post pics of your stuff you have to sell here on TC
on another thread of course gold zephyr.

You live in California and are close to lots of the buyers of tiki.
I got to ship many of my sales TO California, so you got a head start.

Have seen other peoples sales stuff that they don't post on TC in photos of people
at events posing at booths.

These items can only be seen in the background, and then it hits you, no
photos are posted on TC of these items because they are dead on copies of others
tiki art style.

Not saying that's you.

BUT there is a whole section on stuff for sale on TC.

On 2015-04-16 09:10, tikiskip wrote:
Why don't you post pics of your stuff you have to sell here on TC
on another thread of course gold zephyr.

You live in California and are close to lots of the buyers of tiki.
I got to ship many of my sales TO California, so you got a head start.

Have seen other peoples sales stuff that they don't post on TC in photos of people
at events posing at booths.

These items can only be seen in the background, and then it hits you, no
photos are posted on TC of these items because they are dead on copies of others
tiki art style.

Not saying that's you.

BUT there is a whole section on stuff for sale on TC.

I agree with Tikiskip. There are threads for you to post items you have for sale. This thread is exclusively for vendors of the event. I constantly remind the vendors to use this tread as a showcase for what they will have at our event. Not too many take advantage though!?!

Come to the ITMP this Saturday and enjoy friends, vends,& tiki drinks!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:04 ]

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 08:23 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies