Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

See You Tomorrow.......WooHooo!

Can't wait. I just hope I have enough room in my car for all my treasures!

On 2015-04-16 21:09, RevBambooBen wrote:
Here are a few Bamboo Ben Tiki lamps I'll be bringing to this ITMP.

Any idea on pricing?

Is this an arm AND a leg?

Will I have to sell both kidneys or just one?

:wink:

M

Looking forward to another marketplace! Here are a few of the pieces I'll have for sale.
See you tomorrow!
Reagan

Nice stuff Reagan.

Woohoo! It was ANOTHER Tiki-rrific Day at The International TIKI Market Place! Mahalo to Everyone who came to Spend the Day with Us in Paradise. A Giant Mahalo to All the Vendors, The Smokin' Menehunes, Kimo, and to Delia & Don's Ohana for All they Do to help us make The International TIKI Market Place happen. See you June 13th....Woohoo!

T

I had a great time even though I spent a whole lot more than I made. My best buy was Danny's 48" tall carved tiki. The details on it are incredible. I haven't picked a permanent spot for it in the Tiki Nui so it's temporally guarding my bar.

Love that tiki. WOW!

On 2015-04-19 19:32, TikiVato wrote:
I had a great time even though I spent a whole lot more than I made. My best buy was Danny's 48" tall carved tiki. The details on it are incredible. I haven't picked a permanent spot for it in the Tiki Nui so it's temporally guarding my bar.

Joe, I’m looking at dat tiki all da way from San Diego. Danny is outta control-dat tiki is killa!
Later

What: International TIKI Market Place
Who: Over 40 Tiki Vendors, Live Entertainment & More!!!
When: Saturday, June 13 10:00am-3:00pm
Where: Don the Beachcomber, Hidden Village and High Chief's Room
Cost: $10 admission (CASH ONLY)
Why: In line with Donn Beach and his founding the International Market Place in Hawaii in 1956, we bring you the International Tiki Market Place to Don the Beachcomber.

This is a Family Friendly Event, Kids Under 12 Free.

We want to thank you all in advance for sharing our vision of bringing the spirit of the International Market Place (founded by Donn Beach in 1956) and the spirit of TIKI which we all share thanks to Don the Beachcomber! And a special thanks to Arthur Snyder who gave us the opportunity to bring our idea to you! Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo!-SoccerTiki & WooHooWahine, Promoters

“Don the Beachcomber admires very much the work that members of our community have put into the development of such events as the amazing Tiki Oasis, The Hukilau, and other big ticket gatherings of our clan across the United States. Through that work a very positive effect has been felt in the growth and expansion of Tiki in America. DTB supports each of them, both financially and emotionally.

However, we believe that Tiki would additionally benefit from the development of smaller projects, that do not demand long trips, reduce costs to the participants simply by holding the costs to those who stage them to a minimum, making access possible to vendors who otherwise would not be able to afford it.”
Art Snyder, Owner, Don the Beachcomber

And a very BIG MAHALO to our sponsors:

Yeah, the sentiment of the above comment (Posted by soccertiki) is nice...But as for being affordable for vendors,especially NEW ones,,,come on! Vending went from $35 to $50! Ouch! And the truth is many with bigger pieces are left out or hv NO room to hv a decent display unless they can find a way to use the parking lot (or perhaps stop cramming vendors and buyers..moving some outside would help with the ventilation and having NO air conditioning,sheesh! Mahalo (for listening)

It seems to me like the vendor list fills up really fast so a small price bump should be no big deal, since this price is much cheaper than many of the other events. The AC and parking lot situation is far out of their control and the event planners do everything that they can to make it an enjoyable environment for everyone involved.

I think Soccertiki and WoohooWahine are doing an amazing job! This is one of my favorite things to look forward to and I try to make it to as many of them as I can each year. The ITMP will surely go down in history as one of the key ingredients in tiki revival. We should not take this for granted. I DO NOT want to see this event go away.

Thank you to all who put in the hard work to make the ITMP happen. Please keep up the great work!

T

I have been vending at the ITMP since the beginning and I love it. It started at $20.00 for a space and has gradually increased to it's current rate of $50.00

The spaces have remained about the same size but the entertainment has increased tremendously. The musicians don't play for free and are paid for with funds from the vendor fees.

Chris and Karen do the best with what they have to work with within the guidelines of the management of Don's. Chris and Karen keep up the great work.

Awwww..i like the ITMP too.i was just keeping it real. As for the entertainment,they fill the 'Village" with vendors now.I haven't seen a band or anyone one there in a while.I felt sorry for the very talented slide guitarist hidden in a small alcove above left of the water fall! I wonder how many people realize the music they were enjoying was live!? He was terrific! Maybe next time we will be able to see him! And bring back the BIG FAN! Mahalo,,,,, "there's always rum just around the corner"

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2015-04-22 09:04 ]

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:01 ]

T

We're not vendors... only wish we had the talent! But just wanted to say we think Chris and Karen are doing an awesome job in the face of significant challenges. We make it to most of the ITMP's all the way from the Bay Area, it's that good!
Mahalo to Chris and Karen and Don's!
tikitnt :drink:

S

Once again, I had a great time at the last ITMP ! Thanks Karen and Chris for all your hard work with this event. For me, it's always like a mini-vacation. See ya in June....I'll bring some TiKis and stuff!

Sootiki it's the same for us. A mini vacation with one hundred or more friends. Always making new ones too. That's a wonderful tiki you are showing. Wendy

WooHoo! June 13 is Right Around The Corner!!!

I'll have one or two of these 2tiered/3 legged/ 5 Moai side tables for sale at the ITMP on June 13th

The Tiki Caliente Table will be bringing some of these choice pieces.

On 2015-05-28 09:59, WooHooWahine wrote:

Any idea of which vendors will be there?

This just in!!! We have some special Vendor Guests this ITMP!!! Lake Tiki joins us from the far off regions of the Great Lakes and Johnny Aloha joins us from the far off regions of Hollywood! Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Bosko, Culture Cove, Deeliteful Designs, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Dorr, Doug Horne, Dirk, Culture Cove, Fancy Fruits, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Humble Poi, Humble Poi, Johnny Aloha, Jungle Ginger, Lake Tiki, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, OB Tiki, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Power Jive Records, Red Belle’s Boutique, Retro Ruthie, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, Tee-Ki Togs, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Caliente, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Trader Pup, Vicki’s Tiki Moon Art, Vintage Island Art & more

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-06-02 17:22 ]

T

On 2015-05-31 11:25, Wildsville man wrote:
The Tiki Caliente Table will be bringing some of these choice pieces.

Yay! I want one of those brown coffee cups!

Woohoo! Only 1 More Week!!! This is a Family Friendly Event. Admission: $10 CASH Only Please. Kids Under 12 Free. *For Safety Reasons Please NO Strollers.

This just in!!! We have some special Vendor Guests this ITMP!!! Lake Tiki joins us from the far off regions of the Great Lakes and Johnny Aloha joins us from the far off regions of Hollywood! Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Bosko, Culture Cove, Deeliteful Designs, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Dorr, Doug Horne, Dirk, Culture Cove, Fancy Fruits, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Humble Poi, Humble Poi, Johnny Aloha, Jungle Ginger, Lake Tiki, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, OB Tiki, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Power Jive Records, Red Belle’s Boutique, Retro Ruthie, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, Tee-Ki Togs, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Caliente, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Trader Pup, Vicki’s Tiki Moon Art, Vintage Island Art & more

WooHooo! See You Tomorrow!!!!

On 2015-06-06 11:34, WooHooWahine wrote:
Woohoo! Only 1 More Week!!! This is a Family Friendly Event. Admission: $10 CASH Only Please. Kids Under 12 Free. *For Safety Reasons Please NO Strollers.

I'll have these and many more tiki matchbook collages available today!

Today's The Day....Woohoo!

We will miss you all today. This is such a wonderful event. Woo Hoo and Soccer Tiki you two rock! Wendy

Today's The Day....Woohoo!

Woohoo & Cheers to Another Tiki-rrific Attendance Record Breaking Day at The International TIKI Market Place! Mahalo to EVERYONE who came from Far and Near to Spend the day in Paradise with Us. We really appreciate your continued support. A Giant Thank You goes out to All of Our Vendors who continue to create tiki treaures for everyone, to The Smokin Menehunes for filling the air with tropical tunes, and to Delia and the Don the Beachcomber Ohana for all that they do. Aloha Oe'.........See You July 25!

Had a blast yesterday. Great vibes. Can't wait for the next one.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 08:26 ]

WooHoo! July 25th is Right Around the Corner!!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-07-14 08:07 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 08:26 ]

See You Next Saturday...WooHoo!!

https://www.facebook.com/InternationalTikiMarketPlace

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-07-19 11:03 ]

Woohoo! See You Tomorrow! This is a Family Friendly Event. Addmission $10 Cash Only. Kids Under 12 Free. **For Safety Reasons No Strollers Please.

The International TIKI Market Place wishes to thank their sponsors!!!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jul 25, 2015 6:54 AM

GROG share a table with Wildsville Man. So, it'll be a couple of apes selling some apes.

Mahalo to Everyone Who Came from Far and Near to Help Us Celebrate ANOTHER Incredible Tiki-rrific Day at The International TIKI Market Place. It was So Good to See So Many Old Friends and to Make New Friends too. This is What The True Spirit of OHANA is All About. I would like to also Thank All of Our Vendors who continue to create all of these Tiki Treasures for you . If it wasn't for the Vendors The International TIKI Market Place wouldn't be what it is today. Cheers to The Smokin' Menehunes for supplying us with their tropical tunes from the islands and a Special Thanks to Mean Gene of South Pacific Promotions for being our sponsor. Last but not least, I would like to thank my husband, Chris "SoccerTiki" Garland, for all the hours and hours he dedicates his time each month to bring The International TIKI Market Place too. Cheers to Another Great Day.....Aloha 'Oe & WooHoo!!!

Thanks Chris & Karen! great vendors, great customers, great day!
always nice to be a part of your event.

I drive 2-1/2 hours each way, and it's worth every mile and gallon of gas to go. Thanks SoccerTiki and WooHoo Wahine for putting this on. I love it!

Patrick McNeal
"Trader Pat"

Visit Patrick's Tiki Hut!

[ Edited by: Biotron2000 2015-07-26 17:00 ]

On 2015-07-26 17:00, Biotron2000 wrote:
I drive 2-1/2 hours each way, and it's worth every mile and gallon of gas to go. Thanks SoccerTiki and WooHoo Wahine for putting this on. I love it!

Patrick McNeal
"Trader Pat"

Good to know I'm not the only one from Kern County who drives 3 hours to spend some time with a great group of people and enjoy a couple of MaiTai's. Can't wait till the next one!

I drove from the Phoenix area just to experience it. Always thinking of when I can find an open weekend to do it again.

On 2015-07-27 08:46, Trusty Shellback wrote:

On 2015-07-26 17:00, Biotron2000 wrote:

Patrick McNeal
"Trader Pat"

Good to know I'm not the only one from Kern County who drives 3 hours to spend some time with a great group of people and enjoy a couple of MaiTai's. Can't wait till the next one!

Thank you both for the support! We will continue to bring you the best event possible!!! Cheers!

On 2015-07-27 09:10, Tiki Republic wrote:
I drove from the Phoenix area just to experience it. Always thinking of when I can find an open weekend to do it again.

We'll do our best to make your drives out here worth it!!! Cheers!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies