Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

H

Thanks Karen and Chris for another fun day of Tiki talk, music and chance to pick up some more great Tiki treasures ( Glass fish floats, Tikis, Wall mask, and Paper items ). I've started carving some new pieces and look forward to showing them at your next International Tiki Market Place. See You Then !!!!!!

[ Edited by: hottiki 2015-07-27 17:38 ]

H

To: WooHooWahine & SoccerTiki- Congrats on One Hundred Pages in Tiki Central on Your Thread...THE INTERNATIONAL TIKI MARKET PLACE.WELL DONE !!!!!

Sooo, what's up with the new location at the Elks Lodge? I can't believe Chris and Karen got booted from Don's.

DC

Come Join us at the next International Tiki Market Place Sept 12th From 10am-3pm!

The event since its inception has been and will always be for the tiki community and its followers as our beloved Arthur Snyder’s vision intended it to be. We are announcing the end of our working relationship with Chris & Karen Garland and wish them the best on all of their future endeavors.

We are proud to keep the traditional alive here at Don the Beachcomber and Its business as usual. If you would like to secure a location to vend please email [email protected] and we will gladly reserve a vending space! Mahalo!

Also as a reminder there is no vendor fee for the month of September and the new fee is $25!

Woohoo! Mark it On Your Calendars......The Next International TIKI Market Place will be on September 5

What: International TIKI Market Place
Who: Over 40 Tiki Vendors, Live Entertainment & More!!!
When: Saturday, September 5, 2015 10am to 3pm
Where: NEW LOCATION! Garden Grove Elks Lodge (in the KoKo Beach Park)
Cost: $10 admission (CASH ONLY)

***This is a Family Friendly event! Children under 12 are free!!!

The Garden Grove Elks Lodge is located at 11551 Trask Avenue, Garden Grove (Between Euclid and Harbor at Newhope-just off the 22 Fwy)

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2015-07-30 17:52 ]

Come Join us at the next International Tiki Market Place Sept 12th From 10am-3pm!

The event since its inception has been and will always be for the tiki community and its followers as our beloved Arthur Snyder’s vision intended it to be. We are announcing the end of our working relationship with Chris & Karen Garland and wish them the best on all of their future endeavors.

We are proud to keep the traditional alive here at Don the Beachcomber and Its business as usual. If you would like to secure a location to vend please email [email protected] and we will gladly reserve a vending space! Mahalo!

Also as a reminder there is no vendor fee for the month of September and the new fee is $25!

On 2015-07-30 21:23, Don The Beachcomber wrote:

Don the Beachcomber,

Why are you advertising on this thread when you started you own thread for your the event? This does not seem right. Can you fill me in?

DC

T

On 2015-07-30 21:23, Don The Beachcomber wrote:

You can remove me from your vendor list. I will be vending wherever Chris and Karen future endeavors take them. I appreciate all the hard work they poured into making the International Tiki Market Place such a success. I will reach out to all my friends and customers and ask them to follow Chris and Karen.

Mahalo,

TikiVato

[ Edited by: TikiVato 2015-07-30 22:03 ]

WTF...Come on DTB at least change the name.

Karen, You and Chris are two of the most decent people in the tiki community, and there are some mighty fine folks in this sphere. CeCe and I are looking forward to seeing you guys on Sept. 5th. Best of luck, you’ve got lots of the Ohana rooting for you.
David and CeCe
Btw Don’s, I’m not as nice as DC. Why are you advertising on this thread? It is wrong! It’s not yours nor is “International Tiki Marketplace"

K

On 2015-07-30 20:36, Don The Beachcomber wrote:

Wow, if this doesn't sound like a conflicting statement...

The ITMP at The Garden Grove Elks Lodge on September 5 will have The Same Vendors, The Same Entertainment, The Same Ohana Spirit, & Mai Tais Galore....Woohoo!

T

Kkocka, I think they mean that after sept. the fee will be $25. Clearly not a professional in charge of their marketing and promotions.

Splitting an event like this will damage attendance on both sides...initially. One will reign supreme, who will it be?

…Also Don’s, think about what you’re doing by spamming someone’s forum thread.

T

Man, why Don's!!!!! WHY!!!???? Doesn't seem fair. Chris and Karen put in so much time and effort building this thing from nothing.

P

Look forward to your new venue Chris and Karen. You will always have my support.

a hui hou !

As the International TIKI Market Place takes flight and lands in Tropical Lush Garden Grove we will be greeted by the following members of our Ohana (vendors): Baypark Buzzy, Culture Cove, Deeliteful Designs, Doug DoRr, Doug Horne, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Hotiki, Humble Poi, Jungle Ginger, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Power Jive Records, Reagan, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, Tee–Ki Togs, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup & More!!!

Stay tuned for more exciting information!

On 2015-07-30 21:20, WooHooWahine wrote:

Can the $10 admission be used for food/drink as before, or is it just a cover fee now?

On 2015-07-31 08:14, Loki-Tiki wrote:

On 2015-07-30 21:20, WooHooWahine wrote:

Can the $10 admission be used for food/drink as before, or is it just a cover fee now?

Guests will receive a drink coupon along with food and drink specials.

T

Being unaware of developments leading to this parting of ways, we are shocked and saddened. We have sent an email directly to Don's expressing in no uncertain terms what a mistake they've made. We do not want them to have any reason to use this thread. Consider that the Tiki Community showed up in force recently at the city council meeting and helped keep them alive. So sad.
See you soon WooHoo and Soccer!
Mahalo!
tikitnt

We will not go to Don the Beachcomber's in the future. Woo Hoo and Soccer Tiki we are so happy you have found a new place and will continue on.

The joy of Marketplace was that of seeing all our friends and buying wonderful art and vintage items. It's sad to lose the building but it was so much more than that and wherever you are the fun will follow.

We hope all the Tiki Ohana will stick together on this one and follow you wherever you may go. Hugs, Wendy and Dan

as much as i like don's, i've never driven from sacramento just to go there, but i have made the trip several times to go to chris and karen's itmp. c&k, you have my full support in your new endeavor and i hope to attend again soon.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2015-08-01 06:00 ]

Mahalo! Mahalo for All of Your Support. Due to circumstances beyone our control The International TIKI Market Place had beern moved to a New Location. We look forward to Seeing You at The International TIKI Market Place @ The Garden Grove Eljs Lodge on September 5......Woohoo!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-07-31 12:17 ]

Woohoo! Mark It on Your Calendars....September 5 -Same Vendors, Same Entertainment, Same Aloha Spirit, and Lots of Mai Tais. Food & Drink Specials too.

As the International TIKI Market Place takes flight and lands in Tropical Lush Garden Grove we will be greeted by the following members of our Ohana (vendors): Baypark Buzzy, Culture Cove, Deeliteful Designs, Doug DoRr, Doug Horne, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Hotiki, Humble Poi, Jungle Ginger, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Power Jive Records, Reagan, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, Tee–Ki Togs, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup & More!!!

Stay tuned for more exciting information!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-07-31 13:14 ]

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-07-31 13:15 ]

Chris and Karen's love and passion for tiki far exceeds anyone I've ever met. Their willingness to travel to the ends of the earth for events and their willingness to volunteer and support others in the tiki community is incredible.

I have, on many occasions, thought up of a cool tiki event. Those thoughts last a few moments, I consider the work involved, then say to myself "no way in hell".

Then show up to the Marketplace to vend and see I Chris busting his ass. I know he has been then before the sun rose. I know he and Karen have had to deal with emails, vendors and DtB..... and I know I am right to say "no way in hell".

There is no way I can put on an event like that. There is no way I have the dedication and passion to do what Chris and Karen do.

I am so thankful that they put on an event that brings the tiki community together on a consistent basis, one that introduces so many new people to this amazing community we all enjoy and partake in.

I'm happy to show my support for Chris and Karen. I'll will happily be following them and their amazing, traveling International Tiki Marketplace to wherever it ends up each month.

Cheers to Chris and Karen, and the International Tiki Marketplace.

Hear, hear.

On 2015-07-31 02:55, WooHooWahine wrote:
The ITMP at The Garden Grove Elks Lodge on September 5 will have The Same Vendors, The Same Entertainment, The Same Ohana Spirit, & Mai Tais Galore....Woohoo!

WooHoo!

To Our ITMP Ohana - For the past three and a half years we have put our heart & souls into bringing you The International TIKI Market Place. Due to circumstances beyond our control and lack of communication, cooperation, and appreciation we found in the best interest of Our Vendors to move this event on. The words that have been said by others are not true and the way they were shared was very unprofessional. We both have full time careers but do this for our love of Tiki.
We have and always will appreciate all of the love and support that we have received from The Tiki Ohana. It is all of you that have helped to make this event what it is today with the Aloha Spirit.
Whether this event be held on a sandlot or in a building its you the Ohana, that makes it what it is. This event will continue and we look forward to having you being a part of it.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-08-01 05:36 ]

I think everyone/group has a bit of drama from time to time in their lives. It's not easy, but sometimes you have to cut ties and move on. I know you both will do what is best for the Tiki Ohana and the Artists' Community. You are appreciated in so many ways and your Love of Tiki will carry on. Don't take the anger of others into you hearts. You shine as a bright star and guide to a lot of wonderful people. I will always count you as my friend.
HUGSHUGS, Marlene

My wife and I first met Karen and Chris some years ago( prior to The mrktpl at Don’s) at one of Bamboo Bens garage sales. It was held on the parking lot there at Bens shop.The marketplace events at Don’s have been wonderful (food, music, and drinks) amid a true tiki setting/experience. That said-we brought our own tropical beverages and shared them with the Ohana among the “pop-ups” crowded there at Ben’s. The music was there , the Ohana were there and the spirit of Aloha was certainly there.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the Elk’s in September.
Cheers

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2015-08-01 22:19 ]

WooHoo! See You September 5th @ The Garden Grove Elks Lodge

Where: NEW LOCATION! Garden Grove Elks Lodge
*This is a Family Friendly event! Kids 12 and under are free!

Vendors: Baypark Buzzy, Culture Cove, Delightful Designs by Dee, Doug DoRr, Doug Horne, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Hotiki, Humble Poi, Jungle Ginger, OB Tiki, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Power Jive Records, Reagan, Red Belle's Boutique, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, Tee–Ki Togs, Terry Flynn Plumerias, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Farm, Tiki Tasi's Vintage Polynesia, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tom & Karen Trueblood, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vicki's Tiki Moon Art, Vintage Island Art, Wonderama & More!!

*Live Entertainment: The Smokin' Menehunes and KPoly Ohana Entertainers

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-08-08 13:24 ]

More exciting details coming soon!!!

Now That Tiki Oasis is over, it's time to keep the party going. See You September 5 @ The Garden Grove Elks Lodge......WooHooo!

Vendors: Baypark Buzzy, Culture Cove, Delightful Designs by Dee, Doug DoRr, Doug Horne, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Hotiki, Humble Poi, Jungle Ginger, OB Tiki, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Power Jive Records, Reagan, Red Belle's Boutique, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, Tee–Ki Togs, Terry Flynn Plumerias, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo,Tiki Tasi's Vintage Polynesia, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tom & Karen Trueblood, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vicki's Tiki Moon Art, Vintage Island Art, Wonderama & More!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/605811459559996/

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-08-18 10:15 ]

WooHoo! The Purple Pig will be making an Guest Appearance at The International Tiki Market Place on September 5.

Feed the Pig with your loose coins to help Disabled Children Walk, Talk, & See,

*All Proceeds will be donated to The California-Hawaii Elks Lodge's Purple Pig Foundation

T

I made three lamp shades for the September 5th,International Tiki Market Place. One will go with my puffer fish float table lamp.

Very nice Tiki Vato. We will miss this one but we hope to attend in the future. Wendy

Only 2 More Weeks!!!

Now That Tiki Oasis is over, it's time to keep the party going. See You September 5 @ The Garden Grove Elks Lodge......WooHooo!

Vendors: Baypark Buzzy, Culture Cove, Delightful Designs by Dee, Doug DoRr, Doug Horne, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Hotiki, Humble Poi, Jungle Ginger, OB Tiki, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Power Jive Records, Reagan, Red Belle's Boutique, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, Tee–Ki Togs, Terry Flynn Plumerias, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo,Tiki Tasi's Vintage Polynesia, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tom & Karen Trueblood, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vicki's Tiki Moon Art, Vintage Island Art, Wonderama & More!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/605811459559996/

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-08-18 10:15 ]

My wife and I went to the Elks tonight. Wow what a place. It was packed and they had a live band playing, We met a whole lot of nice people. We saw the area where the vendors will be set up, the Tiki Bar and where the bands will play. This place is not only great for the vendors but the visiting Ohana as well. I'm excited about this new venue. Good things happen to good people.

TikiVato that sounds wonderful. See you in the future, Wendy

THIS JUST IN!!! Up to Date Vendors List!!! Only at the Original International TIKI Market Place on September 5 at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge see....Baypark Buzzy, Culture Cove, Delightful Accents by Dee, Doug DoRr, Doug Horne, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Hotiki, Humble Poi, Jungle Ginger, Lance Priebe, Moai Marcus, OB Tiki, OutL1n3, Pacific Nautical & Island Traders, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Power Jive Records, Reagan, Red Belle’s Boutique, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, Terry Flynn Plumerias, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tasi’s Vintage Polynesia, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tikiyaki, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vicki’s Tiki Moon Art, Wonderama & more!!!

http://www.tikioasis.com
http://www.facebook.com/InternationalTikiMarketPlace

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

[ Edited by: soccertiki 2015-08-29 07:50 ]

Cheers y'all im exited to be a part of this new chapter on ITMP

WooHoo! Only 6 More Days!!!!

Who: Over 40 Tiki Vendors, Live Entertainment, Food, & More!!!

***This is a Family Friendly event! Children under 12 are free!!!

The Garden Grove Elks Lodge is located at 11551 Trask Avenue, Garden Grove (Between Euclid and Harbor at Newhope-just off the 22 Fwy)

As the International TIKI Market Place takes flight and lands in Tropical Lush Garden Grove we will be greeted by the following members of our Ohana (vendors): Baypark Buzzy, Culture Cove, Delightful Accents by Dee, Doug DoRr, Doug Horne, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Hotiki, Humble Poi, Jungle Ginger, Lance Priebe, Moai Marcus, OB Tiki, OutL1n3, Pacific Nautical & Island Traders, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Power Jive Records, Reagan, Red Belle’s Boutique, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, Terry Flynn Plumerias, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tasi’s Vintage Polynesia, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vicki’s Tiki Moon Art, Wonderama & more!!!

The Purple Pig will be making an Guest Appearance at The International Tiki Market Place on September 5.

Feed the Pig with your loose coins to help Disabled Children Walk, Talk, & See,

*All Proceeds will be donated to The California-Hawaii Elks Lodge's Purple Pig Foundation

T

Some of my lamp parts came in on Friday and I was able to make four Tiki Diablo Lamps today. I will have them for sale at the Original International Tiki Market Place on September 5th at the Elks Lodge in Garden Grove. I am excited to see all the goodies that the other vendors are bringing. I have a feeling that I will be spending more than I will be selling. (again)

I know it's a little off-topic, but I'll again have my matchbook-based "collages" available, and as I've had several requests recently for Disney matchbook collages, I'll have these along. - tom

T

On 2015-09-02 23:48, tongaroatom wrote:
I know it's a little off-topic, but I'll again have my matchbook-based "collages" available, and as I've had several requests recently for Disney matchbook collages, I'll have these along. - tom

Off Topic? Not even. Your collages are awesome and can't wait to see em in person. See ya tomorrow at the Original Tiki International Market Place.

Mahalo,

TikiVato

[ Edited by: TikiVato 2015-09-04 18:38 ]

WooHoo and Mahalo Doug Horne for the flyer!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-09-05 06:05 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies