Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

Woohoo Rise & Shine! Today's The Day!

What: International TIKI Market Place
Who: Over 40 Tiki Vendors, Live Entertainment, Food, & More!!!
When: Saturday, September 5, 2015 10am to 3pm
Where: NEW LOCATION! Garden Grove Elks Lodge (in the KoKo Beach Park)
Cost: $10 admission (CASH ONLY)

***This is a Family Friendly event! Children under 12 are free!!!

The Garden Grove Elks Lodge is located at 11551 Trask Avenue, Garden Grove (Between Euclid and Harbor at Newhope-just off the 22 Fwy)

As the International TIKI Market Place takes flight and lands in Tropical Lush Garden Grove we will be greeted by the following members of our Ohana (vendors): Baypark Buzzy, Culture Cove, Delightful Accents by Dee, Doug DoRr, Doug Horne, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Hotiki, Humble Poi, Jungle Ginger, Lance Priebe, Moai Marcus, OB Tiki, OutL1n3, Pacific Nautical & Island Traders, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Power Jive Records, Reagan, Red Belle’s Boutique, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, Terry Flynn Plumerias, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tasi’s Vintage Polynesia, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vicki’s Tiki Moon Art, Wonderama & more!!!

*Live Entertainment: The Smokin' Menehunes and KPoly Ohana Entertainers

The Purple Pig will be making an Guest Appearance at The International Tiki Market Place on September 5.

Feed the Pig with your loose coins to help Disabled Children Walk, Talk, & See,

*All Proceeds will be donated to The California-Hawaii Elks Lodge's Purple Pig Foundation

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2015-08-30 16:34 ]

Wow, that was awesome! That venue is fantastic! Huge outdoor space. Lots of shade, lots of sun, tasty drinks, tasty food and great music. Thank you to everyone who showed up and shopped. Wish I could be at the next one, but I'll be at Mod in Palm Springs. Can't wait to vend at the one after that. Thank you Chris and Karen for all of your hard work. And a big thank you to the Elks Lodge! Great venue!

WooHoo & Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone who came from Far and Near to help us Celebrate The Debut of Our New Location for The Original International TIKI Market Place. It was a day full of lots of friends & fun. A Giant Mahalo to All of Our Vendors & Entertainers, Kpoly Entertaniment & The Smokin Menehunes, for providing us with their Tiki Treasures & Tropical Tunes. A Special Thanks to Tom Green aka Hottiki for all the work he did to get The Vendors Village and Koko Beach ready for you.
Mark It on Your Calendars...The Next Original International TIKI Market Place will be October 10. Stay Tuned for More Details....Aloha 'Oe!

K
kkocka posted on Sat, Sep 5, 2015 8:19 PM

I'd love to hear what others thought of the event today, given its drastic setting difference. I was unable to make the event, but given all the recent hiccups between ITMP and Don's I'm certainly curious.

T

Mahalo Nui to Chris and Karen for a great day at the Original International Tiki Market Place. I hope somebody posts some pictures as I was too busy to take any.

The food was very tasty and affordable. I love the open air feel to it. I felt the Aloha spirit from all the Ohana, New and Old.

There was a long line for drinks but that was not on Chris. The Elks did not heed Chris's warning that this is a thirsty crowd. I did talk to their event manager and he said that they will be ready next time around.

I am looking forward to the next Original Tiki Market Place on October 10,2015.

Mahalo,

TikiVato

[ Edited by: TikiVato 2015-09-05 20:27 ]

T

On 2015-08-30 21:24, TikiVato wrote:
Some of my lamp parts came in on Friday and I was able to make four Tiki Diablo Lamps today. I will have them for sale at the Original International Tiki Market Place on September 5th at the Elks Lodge in Garden Grove. I am excited to see all the goodies that the other vendors are bringing. I have a feeling that I will be spending more than I will be selling. (again)

Those lampshades looked great today! I like the one with the hula girls best

On 2015-09-05 20:19, kkocka wrote:
I'd love to hear what others thought of the event today, given its drastic setting difference. I was unable to make the event, but given all the recent hiccups between ITMP and Don's I'm certainly curious.

KK, My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at todays event (1030 am to closing) My son and his family including four children (7-12 yrs old) all said they had a blast. The venue is park like- lotsa trees, a playground and even a “tiki hut”. The vendors were able to spread their wares out and there was plenty of room to get a good look at the goodies.Most of the venders and buyers were in the shade of the large canopies that are a semi-permanent part of the Elks property.This open air event with it’s live music, dancers. and the peeps dressed in Aloha attire certainly had the feel of a marketplace on the Islands. The only thing missing was some Poke Ahi . We're looking forward to the next one.
Cheers

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2015-09-06 20:38 ]

S

I had a great time! I also thought that the outdoor, park-like venue had the same feel as any marketplace that you would go to in Hawaii. There was a large covered area for customers to sit and eat and drink while listening to the live music too. I was busy with my booth and didn't take any photos.....hopefully others did and will post them here. Thanks again Chris and Karen!

We are already excited about the next ITMP! So many kind words and positive comments about our event venue! Here are a few pics ..More to follow soon!

My wife says I should take a moment out and apologize to those
I may have offended yesterday, especially for sexually harassing well known
low brow Tiki artist Doug Horne, but it was so hard to resist those Come-hither
bedroom eyes of his.

Chris, sorry for wagging my wienie at the Go-Pro cameras, hope you can edit that out.

To the The Smokin' Menehunes for repeatedly requesting In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.

For pitching a fit at the bartenders for not having those little paper umbrellas for my Mai Tai.

To all the Aloha shirt vendors for trying on each and everyone of their shirts, regardless of size
yet not buying anything.

To the Poly Hai crew for slipping them mushrooms, so they thought, I was more funny than I really am.

For harassing Buzzy for wearing way to much Old Spice Cologne, when in fact it was I whom poured a whole bottle under his table.

And last but not least for pit roasting a whole pig and not sharing with anyone else, I really thought I could eat it all!

Who: Over 40 Tiki Vendors, Live Entertainment, Food, & More!!!
When: Saturday, October 10, 2015 10am to 3pm
Where: Garden Grove Elks Lodge (in the KoKo Beach Park)

The Garden Grove Elks Lodge is located at 11551 Trask Avenue, Garden Grove (Between Euclid and Harbor at Newhope-just off the 22 Fwy)

Atomic Tiki Punk I was just telling a bunch of people that you were doing much better. I'll ask Jungle Ginger to give you a spanking for all these activities. She needs to control you better. Wendy

I guess I was primed to misbehave this last weekend, Wendy! :lol:
hope to see you vending with us sometime soon.

For those of you out of towners The Holiday Inn Express& Suites Garden Grove is less then 2 miles away from The Original International TIKI Market Place @ The Garden Grove Elks Lodge......WooHoo!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-09-09 21:48 ]

WooHoo! For those of you who will be in town for The Original International TIKI Market Place Charle's Phonix will be having this show Sunday & Monday

Charles Phoenix's ANAHEIMLAND

A Live Comedy Slide Show Performance Celebrating The Magic Kingdom Inside & Out !!!

Be prepared for your local pride to swell when Ambassador of Americana, Charles Phoenix, sweeps you away on a time travel adventure extravaganza celebrating Disneyland in the 1950s & 60s … in beautiful Kodachrome color.

With his gracious sense of humor, unbridled enthusiasm, and keen expertise, Charles also shares the stories and glories of Anaheim’s many other classic and kitschy landmarks, legends, lore and … and more !!! …

Presented by the Anaheim Halloween parade and AHS Alumni Club !!! …

More Information Here: http://www.charlesphoenix.com

Festive dress is encouraged but not expected !!!

The Purple Pig will be returning to The International Tiki Market Place on October 10.

*All Proceeds will be donated to The California-Hawaii Elks Lodge's Purple Pig Foundation

The International TIKI Market Place is and has always been about "Ohana"; an Hawaiian word meaning family...and in an extended definition it includes adopted and intentional members. It is this feeling, or "vibe" we have created over the past three and a half years and are so proud of! We are grateful for our friends, both vendors and guests, for your support!

Looking forward to seeing you all October 10th at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge, the new venue for the Original International TIKI Market Place.

There shouldn't be any confusion over anything pertaining to The International TIKI Market Place. The International TIKI Market Place that we have been running & hosting for almost four years has moved to a new venue. We filed with our trademark attorney in March of 2014 for the name and logo. We also created and run the The International TIKI Market Place's Facebook Pages and started The New Topic: The Original International TIKI Market Place's Tiki forum on Tiki Central. The venue that is having the event that is causing the confusion has its own name & logo that they should be using to promote their events. The dates of the ITMP where chosen by us last Spring so we could work them into our own work schedules.
We know that for many of our vendors, this is what they do for a living and support them in all that they do. We created The International TIKI Market Place for The Vendors. The Vendors are The Stars of This Show.....WooHoo!

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2015-09-16 21:37 ]

H

On 2015-09-16 12:15, WooHooWahine wrote:
... We also created and run the The International TIKI Market Place's Facebook Pages and the Tiki Central Forum. ...

You need to clarify this, it can be misread as saying you created and run the Tiki Central Forum.

Sorry for Any Confusion :) We started the New Topic: The Original International TIKI Market Place's Tiki forum on Tiki Central.

On 2015-09-16 13:32, Hakalugi wrote:

On 2015-09-16 12:15, WooHooWahine wrote:
... We also created and run the The International TIKI Market Place's Facebook Pages and the Tiki Central Forum. ...

You need to clarify this, it can be misread as saying you created and run the Tiki Central Forum.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-09-16 15:13 ]

Who: Over 40 Tiki Vendors, Live Hawaiian Entertainment, Food, & More!!!
***The Garden Grove Elks Lodge is located at 11551 Trask Avenue, Garden Grove (Between Euclid & Harbor at Newhope-just off the 22 Fwy)

The International TIKI Market Place is and has always been about "Ohana"; an Hawaiian word meaning family...and in an extended definition it includes adopted and intentional members. It is this feeling, or "vibe" we have created over the past three and a half years and are so proud of! We are grateful for our friends, both vendors and guests, for your support!
We are looking forward to seeing you all October 10th at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge, the new venue for the Original International TIKI Market Place.

The Purple Pig will be returning to The International Tiki Market Place on October 10.

WooHoo! Here's a Sneak Peak to Some of The Vendors who will be vending their Tiki Treasures at The Original International TIKI Market Place @ The Garden Grove Elks Lodge: Baypark Buzzy, Doug DoRr, Erich Troudt, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Moai Mike, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, OB Tiki, Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Skootiki, Sneaky Tiki, Starlite Confetti, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Heaven, Tiki Pops, Tiki Tasi's Vintage Polynesia, Tiki or Death, The Toastin' Traders, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tikiyaki Orchestra, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, and Vicki’s Tiki Moon Art & More.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-09-16 21:57 ]

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-09-17 13:24 ]

H

Only 20 more days until THE ORIGINAL INTERNATIONAL TIKI MARKET PLACE !!!!!

New carvings in the works...see them Oct. 10th at The Garden Grove ELKS LODGE #1952

[ Edited by: hottiki 2015-09-21 21:28 ]

My first time at the original ITMP! Woohoo!

Tropical Trim

Very nice!

On 2015-09-21 17:31, IDoVoodoo wrote:
My first time at the original ITMP! Woohoo!

Tropical Trim

I am so trying to go to this! Only been to the ones at DTBC, but we just bought a house so obviously we need to furnish it and the backyard.

On 2015-09-21 13:57, hottiki wrote:
Only 20 more days until THE ORIGINAL INTERNATIONAL TIKI MARKET PLACE !!!!!

New carvings in the works...see them Oct. 10th at The Garden Grove ELKS LODGE #1952

[ Edited by: hottiki 2015-09-21 21:28 ]

Tom, I have seen dat Heitiki. The pic does not do justice to your skills, the size , or color of dat piece. it is awesome! Wish I could be at the next event, Gonna be outta the country. Hope they let me back in.
Cheers my friend.

WooHoo! October 10th is Right Around The Corner...

***The Garden Grove Elks Lodge is located at 11551 Trask Avenue, Garden Grove (Between Euclid & Harbor at Newhope-just off the 22 Fwy)

We are looking forward to seeing you all October 10th at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge, the new venue for the Original International TIKI Market Place.

WooHoo! Here's a Sneak Peak to Some of The Vendors who will be vending their Tiki Treasures at The Original International TIKI Market Place @ The Garden Grove Elks Lodge: A Pinups Closet, Baypark Buzzy,Erich Troudt, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Moai Mike, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, OB Tiki, OHA 4 You, Pacific Nautical Island Traders, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Skootiki, Sneaky Tiki, Ron Monster, Starlite Confetti, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Heaven, TikiLong Beach, Tiki Pops, Tiki Tasi's Vintage Polynesia, Tiki or Death, The Toastin' Traders, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tikiyaki Orchestra, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, and Vicki’s Tiki Moon Art & More.

Entertainment by Emcee DJ Bong & Kamaki Kalaluhi Keawe & Bruddah "O" K/O Mele

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-09-25 08:02 ]

WooHoo, Our travel plans have been tweaked just enough to allow CeCe and I to make it to the mrktplc this month. Woohoo!

On 2015-09-24 23:06, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
WooHoo, Our travel plans have been tweaked just enough to allow CeCe and I to make it to the mrktplc this month. Woohoo!

WooHooo!! Can't wait to See You Two and to hear about your adventures!!!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-09-25 08:03 ]

On 2015-09-22 10:48, NilePrincess wrote:
I am so trying to go to this! Only been to the ones at DTBC, but we just bought a house so obviously we need to furnish it and the backyard.

WooHoo! Come on Out!! I know you will find lots of Tiki Treasures to fill those empty spaces of your new home :)

H

14 days till the show...THE ORIGINAL INTERNATIONAL TIKI MARKET PLACE GARDEN GROVE ELKS LODGE #1952

Faux Whale Tooth Pendants... All Real Organic Material from the South Seas
Flame Shaded with Woodburned Tapatattoo Designs

WooHoo & Cheers to Ron Monasterio aka Ron Monster for this Tiki-rrific Video. Come See him and all your other Favorite Vendors at The International TIKI Market Place on October 10th @ The Garden Grove Elks Lodge.
https://vimeo.com/140626848

T

Only 12 more days for the next Original International Tiki Market place at the Elks Lodge in Garden Grove. My puffer fish connection has dried up and I haven't been able to add to my inventory. I only have about a dozen left and I don't know when or if I will get more. As a result I have been busy making other items. Here's just two of my new stock. I will be posting more pictures of my other new items in days to come. I made 31 spears that I will be selling for $5.00 each.

I've been busy making lots of different styles of swag lamps. Here's one:

S

45' tall, 10" wide and 2 1/2" thick wall hanger

various sizes and dispositions...TiKis
We'll see ya at the International TiKi Marketplace

MCM Day Bed, sold!

T

G, Your work is awesome. Can hardly wait to see it on the 10th at the Original International Tiki Market Place at the Elks Lodge in Garden Grove.

T

On 09-25 I posted on the International Tiki Market Place at the Elks Lodge on Facebook that I would be giving away a few items but I failed to post it here on TC. If you missed it, here is one of the items. More to follow.

This just in!...Updated list of vendors for the Original ITMP at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge October 10th:
A Pinups Closet, Baypark Buzzy, Erich Troudt, HB Tiki, Hotiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Moai Mike, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, OB Tiki, Oha 4 You, Pacific Nautical & Island Traders, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Ron Monster, Skootiki, Sneaky Tiki, Starlite Confetti, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Heaven (Paul Miraldi), Tiki Long Beach, Tiki or Death, Tiki Pops, Tiki Tasi’s Vintage Polynesia, Tiki Vato, Tikiyaki Orchestra, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vicki’s Tiki Moon Art & More
Stay tuned for more news soon!

http://www.tikioasis.com
http://www.facebook.com/InternationalTikiMarketPlace

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2015-09-30 08:05 ]

On 2015-09-29 18:33, TikiVato wrote:
G, Your work is awesome. Can hardly wait to see it on the 10th at the Original International Tiki Market Place at the Elks Lodge in Garden Grove.

Tikivato, I've always loved your stuff; I have a puffer connection too, but the biggest they have right now is 8 to 9 inch. Crazy. Looking forward to meeting in person!

WooHoo! See You Next Weekend :)

WooHoo! Here's a Sneak Peak to Some of The Vendors who will be vending their Tiki Treasures at The Original International TIKI Market Place @ The Garden Grove Elks Lodge: A Pinups Closet, Baypark Buzzy,Erich Troudt, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Moai Mike, Native Rythms, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, OB Tiki, OHA 4 You, Pacific Nautical Island Traders, Skootiki, Sneaky Tiki, Ron Monster, Starlite Confetti, Taboo Island, Teri's South Seas Treasures, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Heaven, TikiLong Beach, Tiki Pops, Tiki Tasi's Vintage Polynesia, Tiki or Death, The Toastin' Traders, Tiki Vato, Tikiyaki Orchestra, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vichdzart, and Vicki’s Tiki Moon Art & More.

Entertainment by Emcee DJ Bong & Kamaki Kalaluhi Keawe & Bruddah "O" K/O Mele

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-10-02 09:12 ]

THIS JUST IN! We are having a very exciting EARLY BIRD DRAWING for ALL guests that come in from 10-11:30! You will each be given a raffle ticket for the raffle of over 15 Tiki Treasures donated by our awesome vendors!!! The list of items is still growing!!! The drawing will be held @ 12:30 and the winners must be present. RULES: 1 ticket per paid admission (along with your drink voucher!) Must be present and hear your ticket being called from MC Bong at the Band Gazebo in Koko Beach Park (next to the Vendors Village) We'll call numbers until all the Treasures are given out!!! Now how much fun is THAT?!!!

H

HOTTIKI Pendant for the Raffle at the ORIGINAL INTERNATIONAL TIKI MARKET PLACE at the GARDEN GROVE ELKS LODGE #1952
this Saturday October 10th, 2015

T

Tiki Vato T-shirts, Women's V-neck and Mens for the FREE Raffle at the ORIGINAL INTERNATIONAL TIKI MARKET PLACE at the GARDEN GROVE ELKS LODGE #1952 this Saturday October 10th, 2015.

These are some of the things I'll be bringing to sell at the event. Super reasonable prices.

Material, vintage mugs, coco joes, tiki hibachi, strikow decanter, swag lights, vintage mugs, newer mugs, matson line menu, hawaii brochures, wood router pieces, hawaiiana, von franco frankentiki posters, and tons of other stuff.
I'm bringing too much stuff for the space.Going to have to sell stuff in shifts lol

T

I picked up this Witco piece a couple of days ago. I bought it right and will be passing on the deal to someone that wants it. I paid $200 for mine over a year ago and I thought I got a good deal. I am selling this one for $175.00 only at the Original International Tiki Market Place at the Elks Lodge in Garden Grove on October 10th.

Wow, looks like everyone is bringing amazing stuff! I wont be able to make it to this one, (going to Mod Palm Springs), but can't wait to head out to Decembers Original International TIKI Market Place!

Have fun everyone. Enjoy the sun, drinks, entertainment and all the great tiki venders!

T

Finished converting ten Tiki Diablo planters into lamps. Will put the shades on them on Saturday at the Original International TIki Market Place at the Elks Lodge in Garden Grove. I drilled a hole in the base of one of the planters, attached a light on the inside of the planter then placed a tiny float over the hole. I only made one with the lighted float. All the others have a float attached to the base but no light.

Hey TikiVato, I was thinking of converting one to a light also, but I was worried
about drilling into the composite material the planters are made of, did you have any issues
when you made your lamps?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies