Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

On 2012-01-21 14:18, SoccerTiki wrote:

What: International TIKI Market Place
Who: Over 40 Tiki Vendors, Live Hawaiian Entertainment, Food, & More!!!
When: Saturday, December 5, 2015 10am to 3pm
Where: Garden Grove Elks Lodge (in the KoKo Beach Park)
Cost: $10 admission (CASH ONLY)
***This is a Family Friendly event! Children under 12 are free!!! Strollers welcome!
***The Garden Grove Elks Lodge is located at 11551 Trask Avenue, Garden Grove (Between Euclid & Harbor at Newhope-just off the 22 Fwy)

The International TIKI Market Place is and has always been about "Ohana"; an Hawaiian word meaning family...and in an extended definition it includes adopted and intentional members. It is this feeling, or "vibe" we have created over the past four years and are so proud of! We are grateful for our friends, both vendors and guests, for your support! Come see your friends and meet new ones!

Operation Huladays Toy Drive - 'Tis the Season to Help Spread Some Holiday Cheer. We will be collecting New Unwrapped Toys or Gift Cards to donate to The Garden Grove Elks Lodge's Holiday Toy Drive at The December 5th Original International TIKI Market Place. Let's help make some children have a Very Merry Christmas.....WooHoo!!

This Saturday!!! What to expect:
320 Main, Aloha Vintage Surf Art, Baypark Buzzy, Billy the Crud, Clee Sobieski, Doug DoRr, Erich Troudt, Falling Cocos, Gotiki, Grider Co., Hawaiian Lei, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Hula Girls Shave Ice, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Jungle Modern Ceramics, Kingfish Vintage Aloha, Milo Wedel, Moai Mike, Native Rythms, OB Tiki, Oha 4 You, Picture Show Gallery, Power Jive Records, Ron Monster, Schroederville, Skootiki, Smokin Tiki, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Guy Studios, Tiki Heaven, Tiki Pug, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tikiyaki Orchestra, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vic Hdz Arts, Vicki’s Tiki Moon Art, Wonderama & more!

*Live Tiki Carving Demonstration!
*Live Hawaiian Music & Dancers!
*Food, Friends, Tiki Vendors, Drinks & More!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2015-12-03 08:38 ]

Woohoo! Today's The Day! FYI...Overflow Parking is permitted at the church and on the street.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-12-05 07:10 ]

Woohoo & Mele Kalikimaka! Cheers to Another Tiki-rrific International TIKI Market Place. Mahalo to Everyone who joined us today to help spread some Holiday Cheer. The Vendors Village was filled with Ohana from far & near.
Special Thanks to All the Vendors, Entertainers, and The Garden Grove Elks for All They Do to Help Make the Magic of The International TIKI Market Place happen.
Mark it on your 2016 Calendars: The 4 Year Anniversary of The Original International TIKI Place will be held @ The Garden Grove Elks Lodge on January 23.....Woohoo!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-12-05 20:08 ]

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-12-05 07:08 ]

Photos of the event, please.

On 2015-12-06 09:04, danlovestikis wrote:

Photos of the event, please.

Hi Wendy. I just posted bout nine in Mr Tiki’s Wild Ride thread (General Tiki). Gonna post plenny mo tomorrow night.Not so much about the event but you know em all and we luv you guys. Don’t let me know if you don’t like em.
Cheers

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2015-12-07 00:16 ]

Cool, I'll go look there, thank you for everything, Wendy

On 2015-12-11 21:17, danlovestikis wrote:
Cool, I'll go look there, thank you for everything, Wendy

You are welcome!

If you all hate Don the Beachcomber so much why don't you edit the first 99 pages of this topic?

You're still advertising for them!!!

It cracks me up reading the past posts then the new ones and the stuff on Face Book too.

Aloooooha!

Stay tuned for more info!

K

On 2015-12-14 07:20, RevBambooBen wrote:
If you all hate Don the Beachcomber so much why don't you edit the first 99 pages of this topic?

That requires common sense and web literacy. :P

Soccer,I’ll be there just for that tiki punch you concocted. PM me if you want me to whip up some Liliko’i syrup.
Later

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2015-12-16 12:26 ]

WooHoo! Save The Date: Mark January 23rd on Your 2016 Calendars. More Information Here: https://www.facebook.com/events/421139258085173/

WooHoo! Here's a Sneak Peek of Our Tiki-studded Vendor list for The 4th Anniversary of The International TIKI Market Place: 320 Main, Aloha Vintage Surf Art, Baypark Buzzy, Billy Crud, Norm Daniels, Doug DoRr, Fluff, Gotiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Hottiki, Hula Girls Shave Ice, Humble Poi, Mahalo Tiki, Milo Wedel, Native Rythmns, Oha 4 You, Schoderville, Skootiki, Starlite Confetti Jewelry, Surf City Hawaiian Shirts, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Heaven, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tikiyaki Orchestra, Tom Hofer, Tony Marsico, Vic Hdz Arts and more.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2016-01-03 14:31 ]

H

Some of the carved wooden wall plaques made by Hottiki
Will be at the show on January 23 at the Garden Grove Elks #1952

Hope you're feeling better Tom!

HotTiki, I really like that plaque. What are the dimensions? I Might not be able to make it to the Elks much as I’d luv to be there. birthdays and anniversaries get in the way

Are you really suing Don's?

Wow! you people suck!

The last of the tiki temples in SoCal!

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-01-06 21:34 ]

WooHoo!! January 23rd is Right Around The Corner....

WooHoo! Here's a Sneak Peek of Our Tiki-studded Vendor list for The 4th Anniversary of The International TIKI Market Place: 320 Main, Baypark Buzzy, Billy Crud, Norm Daniels, Doug DoRr, Ms. Fluff, Gotiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Hottiki, Hula Girls Shave Ice, Humble Poi, Mahalo Tiki, Milo Wedel, Native Rythmns, Oha 4 You, Schoderville, Skootiki, Starlite Confetti Jewelry, Surf City Hawaiian Shirts, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Heaven, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tikiyaki Orchestra, Tom Hofer, Tony Marsico, Vic Hdz Arts and more.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2016-01-07 11:13 ]

Woohoo....Hot Off The Coconut Wire: The 4th Anniversary Celebration of The Original International TIKI Market Place will be held inside the Iconic Lodge Room of The Garden Grove Elks Lodge #1952.

T

As much as I love vending in the park, (not to be confused with a parking lot) I am glad to hear that the upcoming Original ITMP will be inside theLodge Room at MY Garden Grove Elks Lodge.

H

FAUX WHALE TOOTH PENDANTS from HOTTIKI

Carved from light weight woods from the South Seas

January 23rd at the OITMP at the Garden Garden Elks Lodge # 1952

H

ONLY 13 MORE DAYS TILL OITMP
GARDEN GROVE ELKS LODGE #1952
JANUARY 23rd, 2016

HOTTIKI 32 OZ. MUGS AVAILABLE AT THE SHOW

H

Only Nine Days To Go !!

H

6 Days Till the OITMP at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge #1952.....HOTTIKI TAPA WOODBLOCK PLAQUES

T

I have a few custom made swag lights I will be selling for only $50.00 at the Original International Tiki Marketplace ONLY at my Elks Lodge in Garden Grove on January 2016. More pictures of tapa swag lamps and float lamps to come.

More of my lamps that I will ne selling at the Original International Tiki Marketplace ONLY at my Elks Lodge in Garden Grove on January 2016. More to follow

Some of the great Entertainment for the show this Saturday at the Elks Lodge in Garden Grove:
The Smokin' Menehunes

KPoly Entertainers

Looking for a Place to Start your Saturday Night after The Original International TIKI Market Place's 4th Anniversary on January 23rd?? Our Friend, Jennifer Stewart, at Azteca Restaurant & Lounge is offering an International TIKI Market Place Special once again! Just mention the code word:TIKI to your server and you will receive 10 percent off of your food order. If you are a fan of Elvis this is the place for you.....WooHooo!
http://www.theazteca.com

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2016-01-17 19:01 ]

T

Wow looking forward to the entertainment. Here's another one of a kind lamp I will have for only $40.00 Will be posting more pics of more lamps.

Mahalo,

TikiVato

[ Edited by: TikiVato 2016-01-18 21:58 ]

T

I will be lowering the price of these 8" float swag lamps to $30.00 for the next ITMP on January 23rd. More specials to come.

Mahalo,

TikiVato

[ Edited by: TikiVato 2016-01-18 09:09 ]

S

I'll bring this bunch with me to the International TIKI Marketplace (at the Elks Lodge in Garden Grove) on Saturday Jan 23rd

See ya there!

H

Looks like it's only four more days till the big show at the Elks Lodge #1952

See You This Saturday Rain or Shine.....WooHooo!!

Who: Tiki Vendors, Live Hawaiian Entertainment, Food, & More!!!
When: Saturday, January 23, 2016 10am to 3pm
Where: Garden Grove Elks Lodge (in the KoKo Beach Park)
***This is a Family Friendly event! Children under 12 are free!!! Strollers welcome!
***The Garden Grove Elks Lodge is located at 11551 Trask Avenue, Garden Grove (Between Euclid & Harbor at Newhope-just off the 22 Fwy)

The International TIKI Market Place is and has always been about "Ohana"; an Hawaiian word meaning family...and in an extended definition it includes adopted and intentional members. It is this feeling, or "vibe" we have created over the past four years and are so proud of! We are grateful for our friends, both vendors and guests, for your support!

Come see your friends and meet new ones!

RAIN OR SHINE... We have a great spot INSIDE the Iconic Garden Grove Elks Lodge for this Saturday's International TIKI Market Place! Built in the mid-50's, this building has character! Live Hawaiian Entertainment starts at 10 with KPoly Entertainers and The Smokin' Menehunes will play from 12-3. The Elks Lodge will have great food and refreshing drinks all at affordable prices!

I just lucked out and got 20 Duke's Hula Pie Bowls, The back stamp is marked Buffalo China. The stamp used on these plates started in 1980. I called Duke's Waikiki and asked about their Hula Pie Bowl, I was told they haven't used the buffalo china for a long time. I have seen their plates sell for over $25.00 I bought them right and will sell them for $12.00 each. No Chips.

Nice find now you can start a reality TV show. I wonder what to call it? Pretty cool Joe!

T

I decided to have an early bird special on the Witco inspired lamp with the glass globe. From 10am to 12pm only, I will be selling these lamps for an unheard of price of $100.00 NO ONE else sells this size.and can ONLY be purchased at the Original International Tiki Market Place at my Elks Lodge located in Garden Grove.

Very similar to the Witco frame in Doug Horne's print. I have Doug's print in my tiki lounge and my witco inspired lamp couples nicely with it.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2016-01-22 09:31 ]

See You Tomorrow Rain or Shine.....WooHooo!!

When: Saturday, January 23, 2016 10am to 3pm
Where: Garden Grove Elks Lodge

The International TIKI Market Place is and has always been about "Ohana"; an Hawaiian word meaning family...and in an extended definition it includes adopted and intentional members. It is this feeling, or "vibe" we have created over the past four years and are so proud of! We are grateful for our friends, both vendors and guests, for your support!

*The Elks Lodge takes Credit Cards for Food & Beverage Purchases

Overflow Parking Available at Church Across The Street.

Some of the stuff I'll be bringing.

What a Tik-rrific Way to start off 2016! Lots of Friends from Far & Near gathered in one place helping us to Celebrate the 4th Anniversary of The International TIKI Market Place . It was a day of fun for all. Mahalo for Your Continued Support. See You March 5th... Woohoo!

T

Thank you Karen and Chris for all the hard work you put into todays' event to Celebrate the 4th Anniversary of The International TIKI Market Place . Thanks to all the staff of my Elks Lodge 1952 for all you did to make this such a special day. I loved having it inside which allowed me to show off my lamps however I can hardly wait for summertime. I enjoy having the market place outdoors in the Hawaiian themed park. It takes me back to a time when I visited the International Market Place in the 70's when I was in the Navy. I didn't have much money back then but I loved walking through the market place and the streets of Waikiki.
Thanks to all the Ohana that took so many of my lamps to their home tiki huts/bar. See you again on March 5th.

I purchased this awesome Tiki from Victor Hdz

Mahalo,

TikiVato

[ Edited by: TikiVato 2016-01-23 22:43 ]

D'oh!

I thought I posted on the Don's thread.

D'oh!

[ Edited by: revbambooben 2016-01-24 18:28 ]

Woohoo....Save The Date: March 5

When: Saturday, March 5, 2016 10am to 3pm
Where: Garden Grove Elks Lodge (In the iconic Meeting Hall)
Cost: $10 admission (CASH ONLY) Includes a drink voucher

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2016-01-24 12:13 ]

T

I learned this quote from a dramatist years ago, "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

Geez Ben, really!? Why post that here?

DC

On 2016-01-24 14:11, Dustycajun wrote:
Geez Ben, really!? Why post that here?

DC

Honest mistake. D'oh!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies