Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

H

On 2016-01-25 08:21, hottiki wrote:

Seen dem cards Tom, show what you’re gonna bring.

Woohoo....Save The Date: March 5

What: International TIKI Market Place
Who: Tiki Vendors, Live Hawaiian Entertainment, Food, & More!!!
When: Saturday, March 5, 2016 10am to 3pm
Where: Garden Grove Elks Lodge (In the iconic Meeting Hall)
Cost: $10 admission (CASH ONLY) Includes a drink voucher
***This is a Family Friendly event! Children under 12 are free!!! Strollers welcome!
***The Garden Grove Elks Lodge is located at 11551 Trask Avenue, Garden Grove (Between Euclid & Harbor at Newhope-just off the 22 Fwy)

The International TIKI Market Place is and has always been about "Ohana"; an Hawaiian word meaning family...and in an extended definition it includes adopted and intentional members. It is this feeling, or "vibe" we have created over the past four years and are so proud of! We are grateful for our friends, both vendors and guests, for your support!

Come see your friends and meet new ones!

*Live Tiki Carving Demonstration!
*Live Hawaiian Music & Dancers!
*Food, Friends, Tiki Vendors, Drinks & More!

More Information Here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1666514063566081/

Hey WooHoo, are you guys planning on moving back outside when da weather gets back to normal? I luv that park like setting-reminds me of an open air mrktplace I went to on Oahu.

On 2016-01-26 21:17, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
Hey WooHoo, are you guys planning on moving back outside when da weather gets back to normal? I luv that park like setting-reminds me of an open air mrktplace I went to on Oahu.
[/quote

As The Seasons Change and The Weather Warms Up We will return to Koko Beach Park...Woohoo!

I hope we get to see many photos of the event each time you have one. I really enjoy them when we can't be there. Wendy

BIG NEWS!!! Hot Off the Coconut Wire....... Jay Strongman, author of the just-released Ritual of the Savage novel will be signing copies of his book available at the Original International Tiki Market Place March 5th at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge!

Here's a blurb about the book and Jay: "Jay's first novel "Ritual Of The Savage" is being published in November of 2015 by Hungry Eye Books and was inspired by rainy afternoons as a child spent watching Bogart films on TV, reading Raymond Chandler, Ray Bradbury and Jonathan Latimer novels as a teenager and drinking rum cocktails in Tiki Bars as an adult in 1990s California."

and

"Jay Strongman is a renowned international DJ and a long-time writer on popular and underground culture. Like many of his generation growing up in 1960's and 70's Britain, Jay was heavily influenced by the American TV shows , movies and music that permeated British culture at the time.

That love of 20th Century Americana led him to starting London's first neo-rockabilly clothing store, "Rock-A-Cha", in 1979 and fronting a rockabilly band called The El-Trains a year or so later. A couple of years later he started DJ'ing in London and his pioneering mix of music (incorporating hip-hop, rockabilly, house, punk, disco and soul) led to him becoming one of the first DJs-as-popstars, working on radio and in nightclubs around the world.

Besides his thirty-plus year career as a DJ, Jay has also been a regular writer on music and fashion for such publications as The Face magazine, the London Sunday Times, i-D Magazine, Vogue and the NME. He has written two art books on popular culture: "Tiki Mugs - Cult Artifacts of Polynesian Pop" (2009 Korero Books) which spent seven weeks at Number One in the Popular Culture category on Amazon.com, and the highly acclaimed "Steampunk - The Art of Victorian Futurism" (2011 Korero Books) which is now on its third printing."

Stay tuned for more exciting news soon!!!

WooHoo! More Breaking News! Hot Off the Coconut Wire....The Original International Tiki Market Place is honored to announce the 2nd author/artist to do a book signing on March 5th at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge!!!

Miss Fluff, Claudette Barjoud will bring her new book "Mermaids" to sell and personally sign for guests and fans.

Is it bad taste to ask the price of the books?

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 5, 2016 2:19 AM

GROG love Claudette.

H

An inquiry was made to me if I had any weapons left as had been seen at a previous show.
Not all are presently available, but still a few examples to choose from. Thanks for the interest !!

T

Tom, your craftsmanship is amazing. I have four of your above pieces of art plus a few others, including my favorite one.

Mahalo,

TikiVato

[ Edited by: TikiVato 2016-02-05 22:02 ]

H

Thank You TikiVato...A True Patron of the Arts !!!

Woohoo....March 5th is Right Around The Corner!

***This is a Family Friendly event! Children under 12 are free!!! Strollers welcome!
***The Garden Grove Elks Lodge is located at 11551 Trask Avenue, Garden Grove (Between Euclid & Harbor at Newhope-just off the 22 Fwy)

The International TIKI Market Place is and has always been about "Ohana"; an Hawaiian word meaning family...and in an extended definition it includes adopted and intentional members. It is this feeling, or "vibe" we have created over the past four years and are so proud of! We are grateful for our friends, both vendors and guests, for your support!

*Two New Book Release Signings: Jay Strongman, author of the just-released Ritual of the Savage novel will be signing copies of his book and Miss Fluff, Claudette Barjoud will bring her new book "Mermaids" to sell and personally sign for guests and fans.

Here's a Sneak Peak to Our Tiki-Studded Vendors List: 320 Main, Baypark Buzzy, Pua Tiare Kalani Gifts, Doug DoRr, Golden Rhodes Jewelry of Hawaii, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Heartthrob Customs, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Jay Strongman, Jim Ducote, Jungle Modern Ceramics, Milo Wedel, Ms. Fluff, Native Rhythms, Norm Daniels, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin' Tikis, Surf City Hawaiian Shirts, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Vic Hdz Arts, and more.

*Live Entertainment by The Smokin' Menehunes & Kpoly Entertainers

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2016-02-08 20:17 ]

Today temps are in the 80’s . Will you move it outside if it’s another gorgeous California day?

On 2016-02-06 21:22, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
Today temps are in the 80’s . Will you move it outside if it’s another gorgeous California day?

The advantage of having it at our new location is we can have it inside or out....Woohoo!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Feb 11, 2016 12:36 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Love ya, Ben. :D

Stay Tuned for More Exciting News.....WooHoo!!

*Two New Book Release Signings: Jay Strongman, author of the just-released Ritual of the Savage novel will be signing copies of his book and Miss Fluff, Claudette Barjoud will bring her new book "Mermaids" to sell and personally sign for guests and fans.

Here's a Sneak Peak to Our Tiki-Studded Vendors List: 320 Main, Baypark Buzzy, Pua Tiare Kalani Gifts, Doug DoRr, Golden Rhodes Jewelry of Hawaii, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Heartthrob Customs, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Jay Strongman, Jim Ducote, Jungle Modern Ceramics, Milo Wedel, Ms. Fluff, Native Rhythms, Norm Daniels, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin' Tikis, Surf City Hawaiian Shirts, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Vic Hdz Arts, and more.

H

ONLY 22 DAYS****COUNTDOWN BEGINS !!!!

Hey Tom, Show some stuff!
: ^ )

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 12, 2016 6:36 PM

You should be more specific when addressing a nudist.

H

I've got nothing to hide !!

Dats wat she said.

H

Photos sent in from Market Shoppers

This sounds fun! I hope to make this one!

On 2016-02-16 15:35, Enchanted Tiki Guy wrote:
This sounds fun! I hope to make this one!

Woohoo! We look forward to seeing you :)

Hot off the Coconut Wire! We will be bringing back our Original Early Bird Raffle Drawing!!! Every customer attending from 10am to 11:30am will recieve a Free Raffle Ticket to win one of many great prizes donated from our wonderful vendors!!! Drawing will be held at noon (between bands.) Winner must be present, so come early for the great deals and awesome tiki goods, stay for great food and drinks AND win prizes!!!

Updated Vendor List: 320 Main, Baypark Buzzy, Pua Tiare Kalani Gifts, Doug DoRr, Golden Rhodes Jewelry of Hawaii, GoTiki, Grider Co., HB Tiki, Heartthrob Customs, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Jay Strongman, Jim Ducote Vintage Hawaiian, Jungle Modern Ceramics, Milo Wedel, Ms. Fluff, Native Rhythms, Norm Daniels, Oha 4 U, Retro Ruthie, Ron Monster, Skootiki, Smokin' Tikis, Surf City Hawaiian Shirts, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Vic Hdz Arts, and more.

It's always been about our great artists/vendors, fantastic musicians, and YOU, the awesome people that enjoy the Polynesian/South Seas lifestyle and decor. We look forward to seeing your smiling faces! Mahalo!

T

A couple more lamps I will be selling at the next Original Tiki Market Place at my Garden Grove Elks Lodge on March 5th.

Izzat diving helmet lamp brass or copper?

Earlybird Raffle Update: We are receiving lots of great prizes from our vendors! Be sure and come early to get your free raffle ticket and all the great deals from our amazing vendors. March 5, 10-3 @ the Garden Grove Elks Lodge.

Counting the days Chris. Save me a seat!
Cheers

Only a week to go and I'm eagerly anticipating my book signing at the Original International TIKI Market Place on March 5th. Looking forward to catching up with old faces and hopefully seeing lots of new ones too. Just wanted to let people know that the signed copies of my novel will be selling for $10 - which seems a nice round, uncluttered number. Unsigned copies will be going for $20 - NO - just kidding, they'll be $10 too!

Only 1 More Week...WooHoo!!

***This is a Family Friendly event! Children under 12 are free!!!

*Book Signings!!!

H

Only One More Week !!!
HOTTIKI PENDANTS made from WOODS of the SOUTH SEAS

Once again, Our Friend, Jennifer Stewart, at Azteca Restaurant & Lounge is offering an International TIKI Market Place Special this Saturday, March 5 Just mention the code word:TIKI to your server and you will receive 10 percent off of your food order. If you are a fan of Elvis this is the place for you.....WooHooo!
http://www.aztecaoc.com

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2016-02-29 20:56 ]

TM

On 2016-02-29 20:38, WooHooWahine wrote:
Once again, Our Friend, Jennifer Stewart, at Azteca Restaurant & Lounge is offering an International TIKI Market Place Special this Saturday, March 5 Just mention the code word:TIKI to your server and you will receive 10 percent off of your food order. If you are a fan of Elvis this is the place for you.....WooHooo!
http://www.aztecaoc.com

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2016-02-29 20:56 ]

The place is very fun, and the food is not-very-authentic "Mexican" food that is so good even my Mexican co-workers go there a lot and like it. The garlic sauce for the tacos is very interesting and good, and the chili rellenos are fabulous.

This is going to be a great market place. I really love the vibe at the Elks club in Garden Grove. (Any place where people are drinking at 8 in the morning is alright in my book.) Plus, the smoking menehunes and I believe, Uncle Owen, will be performing. Real Hawaiian music from the golden age of hapa haole, ONLY at the original tiki market place!

Attention Tiki Enthusiasts and Collectors!!! This Saturday, March 5th the International Tiki Market Place will be at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge. There will be almost everything there to get your tiki freak on! Artists, Carvers, Vendors of all things "tiki", LIVE Hawaiian music and more! (Even an "Early Bird Raffle" to win some great items donated by our wonderful artists!) Come early to get the goods!!! Your friends will be there! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1666514063566081/

T

I made these lamps last week for the Original International Tiki Market Place on March 5th.

I am giving this 18" float to the early bird raffle.

See You Tomorrow....Woohoo!

***This is a Family Friendly event! Children under 12 are free!!!

*Book Signings!!!

Woohoo!, can’t wat!

Sample of things I'll be bringing to tomorrow's marketplace. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone who attended The International TIKI Market Place today. It was so good to see so many old friends and to meet new friends too. We hope you all had as much fun as we did. See you at The Next International TIKI Market Place on April 16th....Woohoo!

Mahalo Chris and Karen. We had a blast. What a selection of merchandise. Her’s some pix Wendy.

Jay Strongman Author , Ritual of the Savage during a rare break.

Next three-Crowd pix.

BigBro

BongoFury (Ron) serenading DustyCajun (Scott)

John-o

Save the date!!! Thank you Norm Daniels for the new flyer design!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2016-03-06 06:38 ]

Great time once again! Thank you to Chris, Karen and everyone where was there to shop and have a great time. Can't wait till next month!

I got there later then I had planned so a lot had already gotten out the door. I was thrilled that GoTiki still had this Marwal inspired mug that my wife CeCe wanted.
I think that GoTiki is one of the most underrated artist on the tiki scene today.

S

the latest trend in TiKi attire ???? modeled by Skootiki at the International TiKi Marketplace

T

Yesterday was a great day at the Original Tiki Market Place at the Elks Lodge. On my breaks from vending I got some really cool stuff.
Mr Pendant from Scott

Danny's incredible and beautiful tiles

Trader Vic print from Michael, two dvd's from Bongo Fury, Miss Fluff's signed book

Miss Fluff Purse, bamboo bottle cage from Milo, bottle rack from H B Tiki, triple skull from Michael

signed Ritual of the Savage by Jay and a purse by Lorna Chapel

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies