Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

On 2012-03-26 10:28, RevBambooBen wrote:

No other civilians have this shirt!

Super collectible!!!

Wanna bet? should I wear mine?
but yes it is super collectable.

Jeff(btd)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 10:11 ]

Vendors for the April 1st Market Place
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Bongo Fury, Bosko, Big Ed, Crazy Al, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Dr Z, Eric October, Falling Cocos, Go Tiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hot Tiki, Hula Girls Shave Ice, Johnnie Velour, Mahalo Tiki, Michael Sbicca, Miss Does It All, Picture Show Gallery, Polynesiac, Tiki Magazine, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Pops, Tiki Stan, Tiki Tony, Tikiyaki, Smokin' Tiki, & Taboo Island!

Come out and be part of the "Ohana"!

Hours: 11am to 4pm

16278 Pacific Coast Hwy
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
562-592-1321
http://www.donthebeachcomber.com

On 2012-03-27 09:42, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2012-03-27 01:22, bigtikidude wrote:

On 2012-03-26 10:28, RevBambooBen wrote:

No other civilians have this shirt!

Super collectible!!!

Wanna bet? should I wear mine?
but yes it is super collectible.

Jeff(btd)

Yes you should wear yours!

And, does it come with a story?

I'm not going to the International Market Place on Sunday, but I will wear my Mai Kai uniform shirt to the Tonga Hut on Saturday for the Tiki Mag release party and vending.

Very collectible indeed.

What's your shirt's story Bamboo Ben??

DC

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 10:13 ]

Doh!!!

I dunno if I should reveal how it was acquired.
I have to ask the person who gave it to me as a B-day gift.

Jeff(btd)

T

Only 5 more days!! Here are the lamps I'll be bringing on Sunday.

I have a some others in the works, hopefully I can finish them up by Sunday. We'll also have few different items I have done.
We'll have our very affordable rack of vintage & older shirts & dresses.
Be to stop by & check us out.

CA

A dang tiki wonderland this thing is. Happies place in tiki? Hope it gets some press! See ya all soon and don't forget to save shipping on this guy featured in Tiki Magazine.
Tiki #34 Mug.
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/ALmug34.html

Speaking of saving shipping, Al read your PM's :)

Crazy Al in da House! glad you can make it!

With all these great vendors, I suggest that you come early to shop, stay for some food and drink, then shop some more!!! Oh yeah, and listen to some great Hapa Haole Hawaiian music from the Smokin' Menehunes all afternoon long under the same roof! Shave Ice will be in the house as well!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: revbambooben 2016-03-25 10:23 ]

WooHoo! Only 2 More days....

TS

Woo hoo is right! Can't wait. Happy Birthday to me...uh oh...where's my DD? Oh well...bartender...?
Tiki Slob

The International TIKI Market Place is this SUNDAY!!!

Come here the Smokin' Menehunes play their Hapa Haole Hawaiian music by the waterfall in the Hidden Village!

Come see all these vendors:
Updated-Vendors for the April 1st Market Place
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Bongo Fury, Bosko, Big Ed, Crazy Al, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Eric October, Go Tiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hot Tiki, Hula Girls Shave Ice, Johnnie Velour, Mahalo Tiki, Michael Sbicca, Miss Does It All, Picture Show Gallery, Polynesiac, Tiki Magazine, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Pops, Tiki Stan, Tiki Tony, Tikiyaki, Smokin' Tiki, & Taboo Island!

Come early and get the goods, then stay for Happy Hour that starts at 3pm!!!!!

RD

I hope to make it by this weekend. Will the cool Atomic Kitty print of the Hula Girls playing at the Dagger Bar be available at the Don's booth?

On 2012-03-30 09:39, Rum Dog wrote:
I hope to make it by this weekend. Will the cool Atomic Kitty print of the Hula Girls playing at the Dagger Bar be available at the Don's booth?

I'll request it!!! Good suggestion!

HT

Here are some of the New Tiki Mugs that GECKO sent me to sell at The international Tiki market Place on Sunday April 1. Get there early for the best choice of mugs.

HT

At 12:13 on Sunday April 1, we would like to have a 30 second observance to remember CHUCK TATUM IS TIKI who passed on during his enhancement surgery. Please raise your drink to honor him. Thank you

My Bro and I will be stopping by, tomorrow to see you folks. It's been awhile...

On 2012-03-31 11:08, The Sperm Whale wrote:
My Bro and I will be stopping by, tomorrow to see you folks. It's been awhile...

Very cool! Just follow the native sounds into the Hidden Village where you'll be greeted with a boisterous "WoooHooo!"

HT

Tomorrow is the big day for The International Tiki Market Place at Don the Beachcomber, It the third Tiki Swamp where you can enjoy Drinks, food, hawaiian Music with the Smokin' Menehunes and 30 tiki dealer all under one roof with a short drive for everyone. To celebrate this event, Soccer Tiki is having a no cost drawing, just fill out a card at the door to enter. Winner need to be present. Here is a picture of one item to be given away. A Tiki liquor or mug cabinet that lights up. See you all tomorrow at 11am.

HT

Some of the items I will be bring to Soccer Tiki's International Tiki market Place at Don's tomorrow for sale, with a box of gecko Tiki Mugs.Also I am going to make a few frames for the Tiki Caliente 4 poster. Please let me know if interested.

GT

Looking forward to this event, Thanks to Chris, Karen, and Art

We have some cool new stuff:

1. Two treasure craft look ashtrays

1. Two tiki lamps with custom shades by Dani

1. "Don the Beachcomber" Artist proof mega sipper tiki mug

1. Some favorites, Tiki torch mugs

Plus many other cool items, Come and join the fun, Cheers! Gogo and Dani

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2012-03-31 17:14 ]

On 2012-03-31 16:57, GO TIKI wrote:
Looking forward to this event, Thanks to Chris, Karen, and Art

We have some cool new stuff:

1. Two treasure craft look ashtrays

1. Two tiki lamps with custom shades by Dani

1. "Don the Beachcomber" Artist proof mega sipper tiki mug

1. Some favorites, Tiki torch mugs

Plus many other cool items, Come and join the fun, Cheers! Gogo and Dani

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2012-03-31 17:14 ]

Wow!!! Gogo's bringin' it!!! Those are too cool! Good job brother!

It's already looking like a beautiful day in Huntington Beach!!! Come out for a nice drive by the beach and stop by for some great vending, relaxing Hawaiian music and some great food and drinks!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 10:24 ]

C
cdtiki posted on Sun, Apr 1, 2012 8:27 AM

Diana and I wish we could be there to check out all the cool stuff today Chris. But work gets in the way yet again.

Have fun.

Duane

R

On 2012-04-01 07:29, RevBambooBen wrote:
Been thinking this past year of quitting the TIKI Decor Biz and getting into something else. It's been flooded with kooky people, designs getting ripped off and just not the same as it was in the past. I've been doing it for a while, kinda made a name in it and I think it's just time to move on. Today will be the last sale of any Bamboo Ben Tiki Stuff. Come on down to Don's today and say good bye. Cheers!!!

APRIL FOOLS!!!FOOL..

Bamboo Ben is Retiring? is the safety commission breathing down your neck?were will I get my dangerasly build tiki products from if you retire?

: )

W

HT

Today at 12:13 when we all raised our glasses to honor Chuck Tatum is Tiki who died last month from enhancement surgery. At this time we included BamBooBen who is retiring from Tiki building. Both men will be missed from the Tiki World.

HT

Today at The international Tiki Market Place at Don the Beachcomber was a very rewarding day. This was the 3th Market place, the next one is scheduled for June 3th which will be bigger than this one. Thanks to Soccer Tiki for making this event possible. This event would not take place if it was not for tiki people that attend, vendors, and DTB for the great drinks and Tiki atmosphere in one of the best Tiki Bar and restaurant anywhere. Today a new event was added by and idea from Soccer Tiki, that was a no cost drawing to reward tiki customers that attended.

Some items were donated by vendors and DTB. Go Tiki gave a tiki torch mug won by Hot Tiki beautiful wife Dottie, and a Tiki mug/liquor cabinet lighted by HB TIKI. We had Tiki People from Northern Ca and San Diego,and all over Ca. What a great day for Tiki people/. Ohana was in the Air. Thanks for great music by Smoking Menahunes.

We made the drive from Vegas for this one...

Great one soccertiki...

Had fun, great Mai-Tai, nice to see old friends n make new ones...

and lots o stuff...

HB Tiki! I thought you were going to tell everyone here on Tiki Central that you LOVE MY ORIGINAL DESIGN that you are KNOCKING OFF with all those smaller version cabinets you are making and selling????

The best part of today was selling with a great bunch of Tiki Vender's
a virtual who's who of the creative side of the revival.

Nice to see Wendy & Dan come all the way down to see us all!
Thanks Chris for another crazy day at Don's.

We will miss you Ben!

It was a great day today! Thank you vendors and customers/guests! The vibe was "pure tiki!
Thanks Smokin' Menehunes for setting the tone! Another great show that was free to the public!
It's sucn an honor that Bamboo Ben chose our International TIKI Market Place for his final vending! I'm sure he'll be successful at whatever he attempts in the future!

See ya all in June with another, bigger, outdoor market place!

HT

RevBamBooBen, I spend a lot of time at DTB ,especially on TC mondays. Since I am there a lot I do look at the great mug cabinet that you built. So I wanted to make a smaller version so other Tiki People could a have a smaller BamBooBen cabinet for there home or tiki bar. Thank you Ben for the idea. also, the one I make lights with Tiki door handles.

WooHooo..... What a Fun Day!! Mahalo! Mahalo to All the Vendors & Everyone who came to The International Tiki Market Place at Don's.

TS

Thanks to the team for putting on such a fun TIKI marketplace experience. I really dug it and I had a fantastic time. I brought my wife, two youngest sons and one of my grandsons and we had a blast.
Mahalo nui loa you guys!
Tiki Slob

Thank you guys so much for putting this event on. I had a great time and cannot wait until the next bigger, outdoor version!

B

Thanks to all and it was great making new friends!

We just got back to our home in Norcal and happy we made the trek!

See you all at Caliente!

S

Don's was the perfect setting for such a gathering of vendors and it was only enhanced by the sounds of The Smokin' Menehuenes and I am so happy I got a chance to attend.

Thanks to everyone who helped make it possible-from Chris and Karen to all those who were selling and to the staff at Don's who made tasty food and provided quick and friendly service.

Really hope I am able to come down for the next one.

Mahalo!

O

Had a great time and some great food. Already looking forward to the next one :)

CA

Ya. What they all said. ..too

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:17 ]

Thanks to Soccer Tiki and WooHooWahine for inviting me, it was a great event in the most perfect environment, it really was a cool view from the back of the room (in my booth) to see all the vendors and crowds it felt (and looked) more like the old International Marketplace should have been was when I went years ago. Also wonderful to see old friends and make a few new ones, hope to see you all there in June.

Bosko

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 4, 2012 11:30 AM

It was great hanging out and talking with you Bosko Dude.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies