Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

Finally! We are so excited to announce our showcase artist of the event! Jeff Granito has prepared an original print for the Original Tiki Market Place! We will be giving 100 away free to the first 100 paid attendees.

Because this is such an exclusive offer, the giveaway is limited to one per family. The prints are on heavy duty paper in 11x14 sizing and are ready to be framed! There will be frames available at the event from a couple of our fantastic artist-vendors!

Jeff Granito will be on hand to personally sign your print! He will also have all of his fantastic artwork with him for your shopping pleasure!

Now, for fun and to reward our Facebook, Instagram and Tiki Central followers, here is the code phrase to get yours: "Jeff Granito Rocks!"

Fret not if you are unable to be in the first hundred lucky people! There will be a limited few additional prints for sale at a reduced price during the event!

We, the Original Tiki Market Place want to thank all of the wonderful vendors that came out Saturday to show their crafts, artwork and other Tiki goodies! We also want to thank all of our guests that came out to have a good time and make the event what it is! It was great to see everyone leaving with smiles on their faces and lots of tiki goodies to take home!

I also have a big shout-out to Ken Tiki AKA Ken Hudson for giving us his painkiller recipe (that he used at his L.A. Adventurer's Club Tiki Lecture earlier this year) and allowing the Garden Grove Elks Lodge to prepare Painkillers for the masses! I spoke with many people and they all enjoyed the Painkillers as well as the Mai Tai's, and a good time was had by one and all!

Thank you to the Garden Grove Elks Lodge for once again providing a venue that allowed us to showcase so many talented vendors in an open space that provided ample aisle ways, a nice large stage in the middle to showcase the entertainment, a bar so people can Sip & Shop, and plenty of parking and just overall relaxed atmosphere!

And a super big MAHALO to my wife Karen for a greeting every single person that came through the door with a smile and a big "WooHoo!"

Yesterday's overall experience (and for all of the reasons listed above and so many more) is why Karen and I continue the great tradition of providing a venue that is focused on Tiki Vendors and Great Entertainment so that everybody has a place to get their Tiki on! Since January 2012, 52 Tiki Market Places and going strong!

We look forward to hosting you all again July 28th at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge from 10am to 3pm. Put it on your calendar today so you don't miss out on all the fun!

SAVE THE DATE!!! JULY 28TH FOR THE "SUMMER EXTRAVAGANZA"

http://www.tikioasis.com
http://www.facebook.com/OriginalTikiMarketPlace

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2018-06-11 07:43 ]

We have a FUN announcement coming in the next few days! Stay Tuned!!!

The Original TIKI Market Place Summer Extravaganza is Right Around The Corner.....WooHoo! Here is a Sneek Peek at Our Tiki-Studded List of Vendors: Buzzy, Buzz Rhino, Clee, Design Krime Studios, Go Tiki, Jeff Granito, Jungle River Boat, Kapalua Designs, KenTiki, Kustom Krafts by Kitty, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Jungle Ginger, Jungle River Boat, Liltiki Lagoon, The Martini Kings, No Ka 'Oi Shaved Ice, Eric October Ms. Paisley's Palor, Pineapple Palette, Ron Monster, Sex & Monsters, Smokin Tikis, Spring Candles, Stilettoed Devil, Surf City Hawaiian Shirts, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Heaven, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Tikiman Hawaiiana, Vicki's Moon Art, & Vintage Guyz.

Entertainment by Desi Relator, Martiki, & Kpoly Entertainment.
**Stay Tuned for More Exciting News Coming Soon!!!

We are very excited to announce the next artist in our Artist Series Print Giveaway for the year 2018! Eric October is a very talented graphic artist and has been amazing people with his talents for many years now. This will be the Fourth in a series of artwork that we are giving away to the first one hundred attendees throughout the year at the Original Tiki Market Place at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge July 28th with doors opening at 10 am.

Coconut News Flash: Want to be in a music video? Well here's your chance! The Martini Kings will be recording and releasing a new album very soon and they are going to be shooting a music video for one of the new songs on the album at our show at the Original Tiki Market Place July 28th (from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.) At the Garden Grove Elks Lodge.
Wear your brightest Aloha Wear and be in the background! The planned shoot will take place between 12: 30 and 1: 30 and open to all paid attendees. Your participation is your acceptance and agreement that you waive All rights to any compensation or other renumeration. Also, it does allow you bragging rights and the potential to have a really good time!

Summer is Heating Up.....Woohoo! Come Cool Off at The Original TIKI Market Place Saturday, July 28th, from 10am-3pm.
More Info Here: https://www.facebook.com/events/260063228067477/?ti=cl

Save the Date! Mark your calendar....SEPTEMBER 8th!!!

We are Excited to add DeeDee's Aloha Islands Dolls to Our Line-up of Entertainment along with Desi Relator and Kpoly Entertainers at The Original TIKI Market Place's End of Summer Extravaganza on Sept. 8th....WooHoo!!
More Information here: https://www.facebook.com/events/280253692726100/?ti=cl

We are excited to announce our showcase artist of the event! Rick Kess of Design Krime Studios has prepared an original print for the Original Tiki Market Place! We will be giving 100 away free to the first 100 paid attendees on September 8th.

This will be the 5th print in our Artist Series celebrating our 7th year of the Original Tiki Market Place. We decided to do this to have some fun and celebrate some of our great Artist/Vendors!

Because this is such an exclusive offer, the giveaway is limited to one per family. The prints are on heavy duty paper in 11x14 sizing and are ready to be framed! There will be frames available at the event from a couple of our fantastic artist-vendors!

Rick Kess will be on hand to personally sign your print! He will also have all of his fantastic artwork with him for your shopping pleasure!

Now, for fun and to reward our Facebook, Instagram and Tiki Central followers, here is the code phrase to get yours: "I want my Design Krime Studios!"

This Saturday the 8th of September! Come listen to the soothing island sounds of Desi Relator and then be taken away to the islands with a special hula show by DeeDee's Aloha Island Dolls, and cap off your experience with KPoly Entertainers featuring Owen and his dancers!

With all this wonderful entertainment I almost forgot to mention our most Awesome Tiki Artists and Vendors! We are once again so excited to be showcasing some of Tiki's Premier Talent and Brand New to the Tiki Scene Artists! Come see them at the Original Tiki Market Place at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.!

Author/Artist Nadia Reddy
Buzzy
Chaotic Creations
Culture Cove
Design Crime Studios
Go Nuts
Jeff Granito
HB Tiki
Hottiki
Hula Hideaway
Humble Poi
Kapalua Designs
Jungle Ginger
Mele Tiki Guyz
Ms Paisley’s Parlor
No Ka ‘Oi Shaved Ice
Picture Show Gallery
Pineapple Palette
Plumeria Palace of Orange County
Scary Beard/Coscrafted by Erin
Smokin’ Tikis
Stilettoed Devil
Struck Studios
Surf City Hawaiian Shirts
Tiki Broker
Tiki Heaven
Tiki Man Hawaiiana
Tiki Shaker
Tiki Trove
Tiki Vato
Vicki’s Tiki Moon Art
Volcano Tiki Art

AND... the Mai Tai's and Pain Killers will be flowing! (Only $5!!!)

11551 Trask Ave. Garden Grove (at Trask and Newland off the 22 fwy between Harbor and Euclid- 2.5 miles south of Trader Sam's!)

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/3001/5b9138a3.jpg[/mmg]
[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/3001/5b913893.jpg)

Save the Date!!! October 20th for the OTMP "OcTikiFest"! Special Announcements coming soon! Awesome Artist/Vendor list coming soon! Outside in our beautiful Koko Beach Park (under the GIANT shade structure!) Live Hawaiian Entertainment, Great Food and Drinks, Lot's of room to roam, Sip n Shop, See Your Friends and more!!! Come out and see why we are bringing you the ??55th?? Original Tiki Market Place!!! Always family friendly! AlooooooooooooooHA!

Here is a "Peek-a-BOO!" of a special visitor who will disembark his pirate ship on Saturday October 20th! Only 30 of these Perilous Purple Pig Privateers will be ashore, and one of these will be ladened in 24 karat gold! To the lucky silent bidder will go the Gilded Swine!

The gate to Koko Beach Park (@ the Garden Grove Elks Lodge) will open at 10 a.m. and remain open until 3 p.m. but come early to get the deals! Nearly 40 tiki artists, makers and vendors will be on hand to satisfy you tiki needs!

** Proceeds will be donated to The Purple Pig California-Hawaii Elks Association Major Project that Helps Disabled Children Walk, Talk, See, and Play.

Items I'll be bringing this Saturday!

***THIS JUST IN FROM THE COCONUT WIRE..........

57 events, thousands of guests from All Over the World, over 114 entertainment acts & 100's of Tiki Carvers, Artists and Vendors later...We have reached our 7th Anniversary! MAHALO & Thank You!!! Please join us JANUARY 12th where we will once again be showcasing some of the Best in Tiki Vending both seasoned, incredible vendors and new fresh and exciting vendors!

We will have Live Hawaiian Entertainment, Tasty Refreshments and Food, Ample Parking and Room to move around and "Sip and Shop" or just kick back and listen to some great music! (We are working on a special surprise act, so stay tuned!)

When we started this event in January of 2012 we had in mind the International Market Place of old...Where there was live local music and vendors under and around the Big Banyan Tree and Don the Beachcomber close by to serve food and tasty drinks. We have striven to keep our event comfortable and fun, for both our guests and the vendors. We hope you can stop by and enjoy it with us!

FREE to the first 70 paid attendees this Saturday January 12!!! An original print created for the Original TIKI Market Place by Incredible Tiki Artist Clee Sobieski!!! 11"x14" on Heavy Stock. Ready to frame and hang! There will be artist/vendors with 11x14 bamboo frames at the show!!!

Don't fret! There will be a limited amount of additional prints available for purchase for a very low price!!!

Come on down for all the fun stuff! Live Hawaiian Music, Food, Friends, Beverages (including Mai Tai's and Painkillers!), Alohas Shirts, Tiki Jewelry, Hair Flowers, Tiki Art and Carvings!

Doors open at 10am....And remember, we're only 2.5 miles from Disneyland and Trader Sam's!!!

T

Aloha everybody!

Just picked up some new stuff today from the printer and the ceramic studio just in time for tomorrow!

I've been on a Moana kick lately, so I created a painting of one of the monsters that tries to attack her when she arrives in Lalotai (Realm of Monsters).

It's 8x10, acrylic on paper, framed and ready to hang. I'll also have prints available tomorrow!

I also created a ceramic pendant of the monster's PNG-inspired face. I then took the mold, made a face, and then sculpted a whole body for it! It's a shot glass that stands about 3.5" high. The face is glazed like the pendants, but for the body I used a cool new matte black glaze I discovered- looks awesome, but doesn't photograph well... at least with my crummy camera.

See everybody at the Marketplace!

SAVE THE DATE!!! MARCH MOAI MADNESS....

Like most people, we were taken aback with the sudden loss of an intrical and regular fixture of our Tiki community. Mr. Tiki head, AKA Andrew McClain, left us tragically this past weekend. At noon on March 9th during the Original Tiki Market Place event we will hold a moment of silence in remembrance of a person who brought smiles and happiness to so many through his creative and talented abilities to bring to life the Tiki Head art that we have all come to love. Though he graces the aisles and dance floors at parties and events no more, he will always be remembered as someone who was a bright light and positive influence in our Tiki community.

video from our last event: Original Tiki Market Place Video

Mahalos to our friends Ashleigh and Bryan! Come down this Saturday and get your "Tiki" on!

Garden Grove Elks Lodge 11551 Trask Ave. Garden Grove, CA 10a-3p

The early bird gets the work! (The ARTwork that is!) We are very pleased to announce that Joseph Dunn AKA Jungle River Boat is our featured artist of the event! Joseph has created an original print for us to give away to the first 100 people attending the Original Tiki Market Place March 9th. Joseph will be on hand to sign your prints as well as show you all of his wonderful artwork! Again this is limited to the first 100 paid attendees so come early to make sure you get yours! And thank you for helping to make our event a success! #58 and going strong!

March 9th 10a to 3p Garden Grove Elks Lodge 11551 Trask Avenue Garden Grove California.

Just like the hills of SoCal are blooming gold with California's state flower, the Golden Poppy, the Original Tiki Market Place will be "Poppin" with Moai Madness this Saturday!

Mark your calendars for the Original Tiki Market Place June 15th with great Tiki artists, vendors, Live Entertainment and more. Only at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge!
Entertainment for The Original TKI Market Place's Summer Kickoff on June 15th: Desi Relator, Martiki, and The Polynesian Paradise Dancers... Woohoo!!!
Current lineup of Tiki Artists and Vendors: Current Updated Vending List:.
Adri Tiki, Blossoms of Aloha, Buzzy, Caricatures by Ren Guizar, Chippy, Design Krimes Studio, Erika's Jewels Designs, Jeff Granito, Hawaiian Import, HB Tiki, Hooligan Hawaiians, Humble Poi, Islanders Trading, Jungle Ginger, Jungle River Boat, Kapalua Designs, KenTiki, Liquid Alchemist, Martini Kings, Moon Shine Mama, Eric October, Outl1n3 Island, Ms. Paisley's Parlor, Pineapple Palette, Ron Monster, Sex & Monsters, Smokin Tikis, Spring Candles, Struck Studios 3, Surf City Hawaiian Shirts, Tiki Al, Tiki Heaven, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Trove, Tikiman Hawaiiana, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Vicki's Tiki Moon Art, Vintage Guyz & more!

Bringing Tiki to Our Ohana Since 2012....Woohoo!
https://youtu.be/cROaMPHpAvk

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2019-04-27 09:14 ]

Live from The Coconut Wire: Here's a Sneak Peak of the Design of The Original TKI Market Place's 2019 Limited Edition Tiki Drum Mug by Tiki Diablo that will be available at Our Summer Kickoff Show on June 15th....Woohoo! Stay Tuned for More Details.

Make sure you have June 15 on your Calendar! We have a day full of Food, Drinks, Entertainment, Tiki Vendors, Artists, Mug Releases and More!

Here is our schedule:
10am-**Doors open!
**Tiki Diablo Mug Release! The Tiki Drummer Mug! (Limited to only 150! $80 Show Special-cash only-ATM on premises!)
**Desi Relator on stage to provide Smooth Island Sounds!

12 Noon-**MarTiki on stage (fresh off their month-long residency at Disneyland's Club 33 with the Martini Kings!)

1:30pm-**The Paradise Polynesian Dancers will take the stage providing a hi-energy Hula Performance! (NOT to be missed!!!)

All this in the "Climate-Controlled" environment of the Garden Grove Elks Lodge Grand Hall! Come for the food, fun, tiki vending and art and stay for the entertainment. Meet up with your friends old and new!

11551 Trask Ave. Garden Grove, CA (between Euclid and Harbor just north of the 22 Fwy-only 2.5 miles south of Trader Sam's at Disneyland!

Please check out our Facebook Event Page and let us know you're comingFacebook Event Page

http://www.tikioasis.com
http://www.facebook.com/OriginalTikiMarketPlace

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2019-06-07 12:08 ]

Only only 5 More Days...Woohoo !!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2019-06-10 21:12 ]

Come Spend The Day in Paradise: This Saturday is The Original TKI Market Place's Summer Kickoff with Event Poster Giveaway, OTMP Limited Edition Mug Release by Tiki Diablo, Tiki Artists/Vendors, $5 Mai Tais & Pain Killers, and Live Hawaiian Entertainment from 10am-3pm...Woohoo!
This Event is Family Friendly...Kids Under 12 Free Admission
https://www.facebook.com/events/1456889221110897/?ti=cl

We are so happy with the new Tiki Diablo Tiki Drummer Drum mug! So many people came out to the Original Tiki Market Place to pick one up last Saturday! We do have a very few left for those interested. $90 + $15 shipping. Message me today before they're gone.

Also, don't forget to put the date on your calendar! July 27th 10am-3pm

Woo Hoo and Soccer, your event is so wonderful that I am always wishing we lived closer so we could go to every one of them. Tiki is so much fun to collect. I hope it just keeps on growing until it's almost, but not quite, mainstream.

Wendy

On 2019-07-08 20:02, danlovestikis wrote:

Woo Hoo and Soccer, your event is so wonderful that I am always wishing we lived closer so we could go to every one of them. Tiki is so much fun to collect. I hope it just keeps on growing until it's almost, but not quite, mainstream.

Wendy

Wendy,
Mahalo for your kind words! Praise from Tiki stalwarts like you and Dan mean so much to us and give us the positive mana to keep going! Event #60 is this July 27th!!! Aloha Nui! WoohooWahine & SoccerTiki

Looking forward to the next marketplace! Will it be outdoors this go around?

You put on terrific events. I wish I lived closer and could go to every single one. Cheers, Wendy

On 2019-07-22 09:29, danlovestikis wrote:

You put on terrific events. I wish I lived closer and could go to every single one. Cheers, Wendy

Mahalo for your kind words! It's that kind of input that keeps us going! Hope to see you and Dan soon!

T

We met Johnny Aloha!!!!

Very cool! Wendy

October 18th is Right Around The Corner...Woohoo!

What:The Original TIKI Market Place Presents..."OcTikiFest Scoot-In Event!
Who: Tiki Vendors, Live Hawaiian Entertainment, Food, & More!!!
When: Saturday, October 17th, 10am to 3pm
Where: Garden Grove Elks Lodge
Cost: $10 admission (CASH ONLY) Includes a drink voucher!

***This is a Family Friendly event! Children under 12 are free!!! STROLLER FRIENDLY!!!
***The Garden Grove Elks Lodge is located at 11551 Trask Avenue, Garden Grove (Between Euclid & Harbor at Newhope-just off the 22 Fwy)

The Original TIKI Market Place is and has always been about "Ohana"; an Hawaiian word meaning family...and in an extended definition it includes adopted and intentional members. It is this feeling, or "vibe" we have created over the past SEVEN years and are so proud of! We are grateful for our friends, both vendors and guests, for your support!

"COME SEE YOUR FRIENDS & MEET NEW ONES!"

*Food, Friends, Tiki Artist, Carvers & Vendors, Live Hawaiian Music & More!!!

Thank you for the announcement WooHooWahine :) I planning on making it this time !!

On 2019-10-07 14:53, PineappleWhip wrote:
Thank you for the announcement WooHooWahine :) I planning on making it this time !!

We hope to see you there! And to clear up any confusion, the event is on Saturday October 19th. Aloha!

Tiki Claus is Coming to Town!

We are very excited to offer a limited edition print giveaway by Rarabird aka Laura Harper/Tiki Cutie to the first hundred people on December 8th! Additional prints will be available for sale at a special price with all proceeds going to a holiday charity to be announced soon. Along with Laura's wonderful artwork and hat pin designs there will be over 36 other Tiki Vendors, Carvers, Artists and Makers for your Tiki holiday shopping! We will also entertain you with smooth Hawaiian Sounds by Desi Relator and the fun Olde Tyme Christmas music of Emmett Hadley (with Muffy!) And a special Christmas hula show by the Polynesian Paradise dancers! And a very special appearance by Tiki Claus! So bring your list of Christmas wishes cuz he'll be checking it twice to see if you've been naughty or nice!

H
Hamo posted on Sun, Nov 24, 2019 1:16 PM

I'll be in town on the 8th, and I'm looking forward to stopping by the Market Place!

On 2019-11-24 13:16, Hamo wrote:
I'll be in town on the 8th, and I'm looking forward to stopping by the Market Place!

We look forward to welcoming you!

Sunday December 8th...
Live Entertainment:
10am-Desi Relator (smooth Hawaiian tunes!)
11am-Tiki Claus ( so well, tell Santa what you want for Christmas he knows if you've been naughty or nice!)
12pm-Emmett Hadley with Muddy (Olde-Tyme Christmas Music)
1pm-Tiki Claus returns!
2pm-Polynesian Paradise Dancers Holiday Hula Show!

On 2012-01-21 14:18, SoccerTiki wrote:
What:The Original TIKI Market Place Presents..."Mele KaTIKImaka Happy Huladays" Event!
Who: Tiki Vendors, Live Hawaiian Entertainment, Food, & More!!!
When: Sunday, December 8th,10am to 3pm
Where: Garden Grove Elks Lodge
Cost: $10 admission (CASH ONLY) Includes a drink voucher!

***This is a Family Friendly event! Children under 12 are free!!! STROLLER FRIENDLY!!!
***The Garden Grove Elks Lodge is located at 11551 Trask Avenue, Garden Grove (Between Euclid & Harbor at Newhope-just off the 22 Fwy)

The Original TIKI Market Place is and has always been about "Ohana"; an Hawaiian word meaning family...and in an extended definition it includes adopted and intentional members. It is this feeling, or "vibe" we have created over the past SEVEN years and are so proud of! We are grateful for our friends, both vendors and guests, for your support!

"COME SEE YOUR FRIENDS & MEET NEW ONES!"

*Food, Friends, Tiki Artist, Carvers & Vendors, Live Hawaiian Music & More!!!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2019-10-23 06:30 ]

On 2019-11-24 13:16, Hamo wrote:

Hamo, Wear a name tag or a loud shirt so we can find and meet you.
C-ya soon

This Sunday-December 8th...Don't forget the Children!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies