Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 4, 2012 11:31 AM

It was great hanging out and talking with you Bosko Dude.

HT

Grog, it was nice to see you sunday and that you took the time to come down to visit old friends at The International Tiki market place. I also really like the proof mug from Primitive that I got from you, You put a lot work and time into your mugs. Looking forward to you vending at the market place. Again thanks for the great mug.

[

[ Edited by: HB TIKI 2012-04-08 17:56 ]

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 4, 2012 12:51 PM

A little clarification here for people who might be mislead by this post. HB got this from Rory off of ebay, not from GROG at this last international marketplace. This was the artist proof that lead to the run of 100 for Goin' Primitive. There are no more available in these colors.

GROG glad you like GROG' mugs, HB. Don't know that GROG will have time to do any mugs for vending at Don's before GROG go back to work in May. GROG have plenty of old mugs, bowls, and salt and pepper shakers that GROG have to fix that GROG still owe people patiently waiting for them before GROG can get onto some more new stuff.And once GROG back to work in animation, there not really time for doing any ceramics.

HT

The International Tiki Market Place at Don the Beachcomber created by Soccer Tiki like being back in Old Hawaii with real Hawaiian Music, food , great drinks, Tiki Vendors. Towards the end of the Market place Art of DTB was buying and original art work from Doug Horn, A Puffer Fish for the Restaurant, as I walked by I got a framing job. Here is a picture of the puffer fish framed. If you need a unique picture framed for an up coming events, please pm HB TIKI at tiki central.

Listening to vendors and people who attended The International Tiki Market was that they had fun, close to home and a nice way to spend time with the family. Here is the picture I did for DTB and other frames I have done for my self

Will the Marketplace be happenin' in May?

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:18 ]

On 2012-04-06 05:43, The Blue Kahuna wrote:

It is skipping May due to the many events around that time
so the next one will be in June BK.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:18 ]

ATP is correct! We're giving vendors a chance to replenish their inventories. :P Stay tuned for exciting news about our next International TIKI Market Place at Don's JUNE 3rd!!! Details coming soon! Start saving your pennies!

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2012-04-06 19:49 ]

@ Soccer Tiki... Keep Laura and I in mind for vending. We are downsizing with the TIKI stuff and want to sell some of our furniture and some other oddities !!! Please let us know if we can get in on the action?

@ Soccer Tiki... Keep Laura and I in mind for vending. We are downsizing with the TIKI stuff and want to sell some of our furniture and some other oddities !!! Please let us know if we can get in on the action?

Had a great time at the International Tiki Market April 1st...... Lots of fun and met alot of new Tiki friends!!!! Great Vendors!! Can't wait until the next one in June.. great job Chris and Karen!!!

WooHooo! Mark it on Your Calendars...... The Next International Tiki Market Place will be Sunday, June 3 :)

H

Thanks to Karen, Chris, and Art for another great Sunday (April 1st) at Don The Beachcomber's International Tiki Market Place.
The whole family had fun enjoying the food and drink. We also got good deals on some tiki purchases. On a side note I believe the award for farthest distance traveled to the show by tiki affectionados goes to the delegates from Holland !

H

Dutch Tiki Collectors

TM

On 2012-04-07 21:11, hottiki wrote:
On a side note I believe the award for farthest distance traveled to the show by tiki affectionados goes to the delegates from Holland !

Shame I didn't meet them. I am half Dutch.

On 2012-04-06 06:05, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2012-04-06 05:43, The Blue Kahuna wrote:

What he said ...?????

No, but you will not forget June. Fo sho!

HT

Looking forward to vending at The International Tiki Market Place on June 3, at Don The Beachcomber.

Mark it On Your Calendars..... The Next International Tiki Market Place will take Sunday, June 3. Details Coming Soon.

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2012-04-09 18:03 ]

You will NOT want to miss this very special event!!!

Updated-Vendors for the June 3rd Market Place
COMING SOON!!!

C

Mrs Chippy and I plus the Chiplets have marked our calendar.

The First BIG Announcement!!!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2012-04-26 08:30 ]

How do I apply to sell at one of the Marketplaces and also what does it cost to vend Id really love to get the info. Ive been to 3 of these and had a great time every time, and now Id like to try and sell at one. My email is [email protected] thanks and see you in June.

The good cocktails never last long enough

[ Edited by: Walt_Tiki 2012-04-24 12:06 ]

On 2012-04-24 12:05, Walt_Tiki wrote:
How do I apply to sell at one of the Marketplaces and also what does it cost to vend Id really love to get the info. Ive been to 3 of these and had a great time every time, and now Id like to try and sell at one. My email is [email protected] thanks and see you in June.

The good cocktails never last long enough

[ Edited by: Walt_Tiki 2012-04-24 12:06 ]

Contact (PM) SoccerTiki for info...

Thanks ATM. Yes, if you are interested in vending at one of our International Tiki Market Place events, please PM me and I'll add your name and email to our wait-list. With the popularity of this event raising beyond our expectations, we have unfortunately had to start a waiting list for those vendors who wish to take part. In the future we will expand in hopes of handling all the vendors that want to participate. The key is to not make a "swap meet" out of it and keep the "feel" of the International Market Place intact.

Stay tuned for upcoming announcements!

Here we go! The second BIG announcement!!!

That's right! Bob Van Oosting and Leroy Schmaltz will be in attendance along with Tiki Diablo to sign their new Tiki Mug!!!

***Because of this and Tiki Farm/The Pizz mug release there will be NO EARLY ADMISSION TO THIS EVENT! DOORS OPEN AT 11AM!!!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2012-04-26 08:29 ]

RD

Those are some sweet looking mugs that are being released. It looks like the next marketplace is going to put a big dent in some of our wallets.

Now DATS cool! Bob and Leroy at a Tiki event - that's a first!

On 2012-04-26 09:13, Rum Dog wrote:
Those are some sweet looking mugs that are being released. It looks like the next marketplace is going to put a big dent in some of our wallets.

WooHoo! It's the perfect way to spend your tax refunds :)

This one is DEFINITELY NOT TO BE MISSED! Chris and Co. put on an awesome event (the last one was my first and I had an awesome time!!!) I'm not vending this one, but I am going to come down and hang for a bit fo sho! Music! Art! Great people! Don the Beachcombers!!!! Can't go wrong!

On 2012-04-26 10:37, WooHooWahine wrote:

On 2012-04-26 09:13, Rum Dog wrote:

WooHoo! It's the perfect way to spend your tax refunds :)

...or make some back as a vendor, if Uncle Sam cleaned you out, in my case :o

Speaking of bitchin' Mugs...I'll be selling these limited Edition Tikiyaki Polynesian Village Hotel Mugs , by BOSKO....

Alone....$50 - special International Tiki Market Place price (normally $55 plus shipping on http://tikiyakiorchestra.com)

or in the Deluxe Vacation Getaway Package set for $100

All Tikiyaki Polynesian Village Hotel souvenirs from this package will be available separately as well.

Aloha, Baby! See everyone there !

My plane ticket is purchased and I'm proud to once again be a part of the International Tiki Market Place!

My booth will be stuffed again with hand carved tiki decor created in the spirit of the South Pacific!

Art inspired by the Cook Islands, Hawaiian Islands, Marquesan Islands and Papua New Guinea.

Also a little "Polynesian Pop" sprinkled in for good measure!

Masks, Tikis, Wall Panels and Tiki Pendants!

I'll be debuting a new collection of tiki carvings at this event that are in the works right now!

See you at Don's!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:19 ]

3rd BIG Announcement!!! Final Vendor List for our June International TIKI Market Place:

Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Big Ed, Bosko, Crazy Al, Doug Horne, Eric October, Go Tiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hot Tiki, Hula Girls Shave Ice, Johnnie Velour, LakeTiki, Miss Does It All, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, Tiki Diablo w/Oceanic Arts(Bob and Leroy), Picture Show Gallery, The Pizz, Tiki Farm, Tiki Madness, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Stan, Tiki Tony, Tikiyaki, Smokin' Tiki and Taboo Island!!!!!!

Due to the release of not one, but TWO limited edition tiki mugs, there will be NO early admittance....Market Place hours are from 11-4.

Now that's a hell of a vendor list & a great bunch of people to boot!

Can't wait for this event! Went to OA today and Bob was excited about vending at the Marketplace! Gonna do some serious shopping to outfit (what will become a full tiki louge) our 'Breezeway'.

First time EVER OA will be vending at a tiki event. Way honored to get my buddies out of their shop. The mug is secondary to these living legends honoring us with their participation at this special event.

4th BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
This next International TIKI Market Place with have The Smokin' Menehunes

AND.......King Kukulele!!!

The entertainment starts at 11am and ends at 4pm...And the party may just keep happening!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2012-04-29 07:55 ]

[i]AND.......King Kukulele!!!

This.Is. Awesome!

Long live the king!

http://soundcloud.com/lucas-vigor/sets/set-3/

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2012-04-29 10:20 ]

really bummed to be missing this one.
:(

Jeff(btd)

Can't wait, you and Woohoo put on a first class event!

Sweet! This is shaping up to be one of the major tiki events of the summer!

Awesome lineup for music, entertainment, tiki legends and vendors!

I am CRYING all the way from the East coast!!!!!

I love that TF set!

On 2012-05-01 11:15, Tavarua Tiki wrote:
Can't wait, you and Woohoo put on a first class event!

Mahalo Tavarua Tiki! We do it because it we love it :)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:28 ]

I'm definately going to score some more stuff from you ben at the next market place. Dont forget to post some pics of tapa hanging lamps if you make some. I need one more from you. :)

ALOHA!!!!!!

[ Edited by: forgotten tikiman 2012-05-07 12:49 ]

[ Edited by: forgotten tikiman 2012-05-07 12:49 ]

Don't miss the Smokin' Menehunes!!! June 3 from 11am to 2pm in the Hidden Village!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies