Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

HT

Don't forget on June 3th to stop by and buy an autograph print by HB TIKI and BAMBOOBEN of his retirement
photo from The International Tiki Market Place from April 1st event.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:21 ]

Tiki TP?

Jeff(btd)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:21 ]

I am pretty excited about this. I just feel a little poor now.

Some of The Hula Girls are going to make it out to this Marketplace to do some shopping. Can't wait!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 10:28 ]

On 2012-05-09 15:41, RevBambooBen wrote:

Bamboo Ben,

Reserve one of these for my Mo-Tiki motorhome. Could we go a little lighter on the stain? Or is this Mugoomba Bar wood?

DC

HT

Famous retirement from BAMBOOBEN with HB TIKI from International Tiki Market PLace April 1 , 2012 will be for sale on June 3th. at Dons.

love the hanging tapa lamp ben very nice

WooHoo! June 3rd is just around the corner :)

Once again I want to say, that with the release of not ONE, but TWO tiki mugs by two prominent artists and mug makers, there will be NO early admission!!! The doors to the International TIKI Market Place will open at 11am sharp! To help move things along we will go through the line about 10:45 and collect the admittance of $10 and give out wristbands.

We have 29 Vendors & Artists on the list including the following:
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Big Ed, Bosko, Crazy Al, Doug Horne, Eric October, Go Tiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hot Tiki, Hula Girls Shave Ice, Johnnie Velour, LakeTiki, Miss Does It All, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, Tiki Diablo w/Oceanic Arts, Picture Show Gallery, The Pizz, Tiki Farm, Tiki Madness, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Stan, Tiki Tony, Tikiyaki, Smokin' Tiki and Taboo Island

And all in a climate-controlled enviroment!!!*

FREE Entertainment by the following:
The Smokin' Menehunes 11-2
King Kukulele 2-4

Come support the vendors/artists, see the bands and enjoy Don the Beachcomber's food, drinks and "tiki" vibes!!! I truly think you'll feel like you've left the mainland and landed on a beautiful island!

See you June 3rd in Paradise!!!

It has to be said again.....KING KUKULELE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feels it in my bones, This is going to be a good one!

Great Venders!
Start of Summer!
Don the Beachcomber!

C

Wow, that is a great list of vendors. I hope there is still some limited edition stuff left by the time the Mrs, myself and the Chipletes get there around 1:00. But we are looking forward to seeing everyone plus all the cool stuff.

Anyone in the Stockton-Lodi-Sacramento-Triangle in for a blitz? Up and back in a day in including Trader Sam's?

On 2012-05-11 19:31, HB TIKI wrote:
Famous retirement from BAMBOOBEN with HB TIKI from International Tiki Market PLace April 1 , 2012 will be for sale on June 3th. at Dons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cease_and_desist

Sorry to bum your flow Roger but you won't be making
any money off my name. Letter is in the mail! :wink:

WooHooo! One Week Away!!! :)

6 days and counting!

I am proud to once again be a part of the International Tiki Market Place!

Hopping back on a plane to my native state with items from my 2012 collection of hand carved tiki decor,
as well as some new carvings of my most popular pieces from the last 10 years.

Oceanic Art inspired by the Cook Islands, Marquesan Islands, Hawaiian Islands, Papua New Guinea, Rapa Nui, and some Polynesian Pop inspired pieces.

I'll also have a brand new collection of hand carved tiki idols with me.

Debuting a brand new collection of work at this event... The "Lava Collection." Only a few of these pieces available! Get there early to see them and pick one up yourself!

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday at Don the Beachcomber!

TM

The Smokin' Menehunes are ready!

H

I have tons of goodies left from Tiki Caliente to sell this Sunday. This is going to be a good one for sure :) See ya's there!

M

Well, with all of this mug releasing business the Taboo Islanders were getting kind of jealous, so they decided they want in on all the excitement!

Taboo Island is proud to announce the United States release of the Careless Navigator's Unholy Rabble Tiki Mug at this International Tiki Marketplace on Sunday!

More details to follow shortly!!!

I will be heading down on Saturday and partying with Cory Nelson at Don's Saturday Night just so I can get there early on Sunday to check out the Tiki Goodies.
If your around come join us.

I look forward to seeing some of the tiki peep's and some great hand made goods.........

W

WooHooo! Only 4 More Days Until Mug Mania @ The International Tiki Market Place at Don's :)

NEW FROM TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA !

Tikiyaki Polynesian Village Hotel T-Shirts !

These will be avialable at The International Tiki Market Place this Sun for the first time. Be the first to get these, so you can say "My parents went to Hawaii, and all they got me was this lousy Tikiyaki Polynesian Village T Shirt"

Available in Brown and Coal. $15

Hopefully I'll have Women's Tanks too....price may be a little more.

Jim-What sizes will you have?

T

M,L,XL, XXL in Mens, and M and L in Women's Tanks.

Hey, Jim! Any chance of shipping one of those to Massachusetts?

See everyone on Sunday!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2012-06-02 00:56 ]

On 2012-05-30 19:14, Big Kahuna wrote:
Hey, Jim! Any chance of shipping one of those to Massachusetts?

Sure I can ship. email me at [email protected] and I will hook you up.

On 2012-05-30 13:26, tikiyaki wrote:
M,L,XL, XXL in Mens, and M and L in Women's Tanks.

Damn, no love for the really Big guys.
:(

Jeff(btd)

I just got off the phone with King Kukulele! He is totally stoked about playing at the International TIKI Market Place on Sunday June 3.

Check this out: House of Bamboo
And this: Weird TV-King Kukulele
Definitely this: When I am Alone
There's always this: Wacky Stuff

The King will entertain us starting around 2pm. You don't want to miss this!!!

WooHooo! See you on Sunday :)

Who: Tiki Vendors, Hawaiian Music Including The Smokin' Menehunes and King Kukulele!!
What: International TIKI Market Place
When: June 3, 2012 from 11am to 4pm
Where: Don the Beachcomber, Hidden Village and High Chief's Room
Cost: FREE! You pay $10 admission and get $10 voucher for food and/or drinks!!!
Why: In line with Donn Beach and his founding the International Market Place in Hawaii in 1956, we bring the International Tiki

*This is a Family Friendly Event * Cash Only.....Kids Under 12 Free!!!

Only 2 more days! Can't wait to see everyone there and catch The Smokin' Menehunes and King Kukulele!

I'll be there with my vintage Aloha shirts at reduced prices. If you saw something at the last ITMP, Mojave Oasis, or Tiki Caliente that may have been a little pricey, Sunday is the day to pick-up your 50's-70's atomic tiki swag!

Building a tiki room? How about a 9x14 foot tapa cloth? $300 obo

See everyone there!

Here are a few things I will be draggin' thru the the door. See you guys there!

TikiStan

Sweet, this is gonna be a great marketplace!

HT

Some of the GECKO MUGs that will be on sale Tomorrow .

The mugs will be L-R $70.00, $30.00, $100.00, $50.00

M
Mo-Eye posted on Sat, Jun 2, 2012 1:44 PM

So you say you want more info on the Unholy Rabble Tiki Mug? Here you go!

There will only be 25 made in each glaze color and they are numbered on the bottom. They also come with an awesome certificate! And the price? Only $65 each!

And if they weren't limited enough... we'll have 3 different glaze colors available here at the International Tiki Market Place, but there will only be about 4 or 5 of each for sale as the rest of the 25 are being sent to the Careless Navigator in Australia for the release party there. So stop at Taboo Island first if you want to get your hand on one of the few of these colors that will be available in the US. They will go fast!

New set of XL Single Item Display shelves for the Tiki Lounge
stop by the Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger table & get some ATP attitude first hand!

HT

Tomorrow is the place to be at "INTERNATIONAL TIKI MARKET PLACE" at Don the Beachcomber. Where else can you pay $10.00 to enter the Market Place and get food and drink for your $10.00, with great Hawaiian music and entertainment, top Tiki vendors, and best of all being with other Tiki people in a great tiki bar and restaurant. Thank you Art, Delia, and Soccer Tiki.

All loaded up and ready for the International TIKI Marketplace ! See y'all in the morning, come by and say hi to Bob LeRoy and myself. The OA crew is excited !

WooHoooo!! Today is The Day!!!!

Who: Tiki Vendors, Hawaiian Music Including The Smokin' Menehunes and King Kukulele!!
What: International TIKI Market Place
When: June 3, 2012 from 11am to 4pm
Where: Don the Beachcomber, Hidden Village and High Chief's Room
Cost: FREE! You pay $10 admission and get $10 voucher for food and/or drinks!!!
Why: In line with Donn Beach and his founding the International Market Place in Hawaii in 1956, we bring the International Tiki

*This is a Family Friendly Event * Cash Only.....Kids Under 12 Free!!!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2012-06-03 06:25 ]

AWESOME MUG DANNY and OA!!!! Congrats!

T

A special shout out for WooooHoooo and Soccer Tiki for a job well done. We appreciate all the hard work you two put in behind the scenes to make this such a special event for the vendors and tiki customers. I took my grandson to the event to help me and he had a great time. Thanks to all the Tikiphiles that traveled from near (Arty)and far (Jeff).

Well that was the best one yet! Thanks Chris & Art and all the nice folks who came down to support the
Artists and vendors, Now I need some sleep.

AF

As seen at the International Marketplace inside Don The Beachcomber, Sunset Beach California...

Great time was had by all, thanks Chris & Karen!

T

Today's ITMP was (for me, at least) a rousing success. Arrived with a full cart and went home with a very light one.
Great seeing od friends and meeting new ones.
Thanx to everyone who purchased goods from the Tikiyaki Polynesian Village Hotel Gift Shop and to Soccer Tiki and Don's for another great marketplace Sunday.

Looking forward to the next one.

Aloha, Baby !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies