Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,033 replies

Great stuff as usual A-Frame!

I call this one - Tiki Mount Rushmore! :D

Thanks Chris and Karen for an awesome event and Art Snyder the for the hospitality . I had a great time and I know my fellas at OA did too. We met a bunch of great people, had some grub and grog, Hung out with old friends and even sold some mugs too. Kick ass time. I worked the booth all day and didn't get to visit with all the usual suspects as much as I wanted to.

More details on purchasing The Marquesan to follow.

Danny

That was my first official Tiki Event and it was pretty cool to meet some of the artists in person. I've "talked" via email to make purchases, but meeting them put everything into perspective. They LOVE what they do and it shows and I think that's pretty neat. It was great to see Bob from Oceanic Arts again and finally meet Danny & Stephanie (Tiki Diablo) after strings and strings of emails. I met a lot of other terrific people, but concussion after concussion, playing hockey, made my memory a little fuzzy. The drinks at Don's didn't help either... I'm sure I'll remember names sooner or later... I hope to meet more fantastic people at Tiki Oasis in a couple of months!!!

P.S. The Marquesan is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: Kiwi Steve 2012-06-04 00:24 ]

I was able to swing by O.C. to check out the marketplace yesterday and see some friends. Congrats Chris/Karen/Art. This marketplace is the real deal. It was an impressive mix of diehard tiki artist mixed with some great gallery artist too. It's not every day I can see Doug Horne,Bosko,Tiki Diablo and the Pizz without it being an art show in Palm Springs.

Good Times

Thanks for having it,

W

WooHoooo...What a Tiki-rrific Day!! Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to Don the Beachcomber's Ohana, All the Vendors, The Smokin Menehunes, King Kukulele and Everyone who made the trek to Don's to check out The International Tiki Market Place. We couldn't of done it without all of you. See You Next Month :)

Chris, Karen and Art... Big thanks for once again putting together an awesome event! This was only my second International Tiki Market Place, but I think it was the best one yet! I echo what others have said, so much talent under one roof, one stop shopping for all the best in tiki art and decor! And Bob and Leroy too? You betcha!

As I spend another whole day in airports getting home, the laughs, smiles, compliments and support from friends and new customers will get me through it all. The travel is all worth it though, you have put together one of the best tiki events going!

I hope to be back for at least one more this year!

Mahalo to everyone for your kind compliments and your purchases!

Dave
Lake Tiki

[ Edited by: Lake surfer 2012-06-04 11:06 ]

WOW!!! What a great day!!!

MAHALO....to all the people that made it out to enjoy all the wonderfull vendors, music,food and drinks!!! And to the travelers from afar making it truly an International TIKI Market Place!!! (I understand we had visitors from Sweden, France and Arizona amongst the crowds!!!)

MAHALO....to the VENDORS with all of their fantastic items and great displays! (Art, Vintage Items, Carvings, Aloha Wear, Jewelry, Shave Ice, Collectibles, MUGS, Hand-Made Decor, Hair Decor, Beach Decor, Custom Tee Shirts, Ice Buckets, CDs and soooo much more!)

MAHALO....to Don the Beachcomber (Art Snyder) for providing the absolutely perfect venue for our market place!

It means a lot that so many came out to support our effort to bring a little Aloha to Southern California! We will work hard at continuing the tradition in July....Stay tuned for future dates!

SoccerTiki and WooHooWahine

TT

Great photos A Frame!

AF

On 2012-06-03 23:10, Bora Boris wrote:
Great stuff as usual A-Frame!

I call this one - Tiki Mount Rushmore! :D

Thanks Boris and great call! Can't wait the see Tom's photos as well...

I want to thank "The Pizz" who is a true Artist & Gentleman
and a plesure to vend with also.

That was the first Tiki Marketplace that Dinah and I have been to and we were both super impressed by the turnout and quality of the exhibitors! What a great event! Spent way too much money though...

We won't miss the next one either!

Wow what a day!! Thanks to all that showed up, great to see everyone. The place was a buzz of activity.

Thanks Chris, Karen and Don's!

Looks like another awesome event,
congrats to all involved.

was bummed to have missed it,
is there any way these can be on a Sat.

Jeff(btd)

H

Cool, Far out, Dope, Awesome, Tuff, Neat, Outasight, Great, Sharp, Groovy, Nice, Bitchen...However you put it...It Was A Most Excellent Day !!!!! To Karen, Chris, Art, and Don's...Thanks for all you do !!!!

H

That was the best Tiki Marketplace to date! I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who stopped by my booth and also thanks to Chris and Karen for all their hard work to make this event so successful. Can't wait to do it again :)

C
Chippy posted on Mon, Jun 4, 2012 3:17 PM

I would like just say a big "Ditto" to all the above comments about the Marketplace event yesterday. This was my first and I am so happy Chris made such a strong impression on Mrs Chippy to come. The vendors were all great. Too much great stuff. The music was great and my daughters (the Chipletes) loved King Kukulele and his guest 'Dancing Devin'.

But the best compliment was my father in law after lunch,as he leaned back and said "I am coming back here. Even if you don't come with me". (Directed at my mother in law.)

I am already saving my lunch money for the next one.

Good to see you at Don's again, Chippy!

T

Awesome event, keep it going! Always looking for new wares for the home.

Thanks for a great event. I had a great time, and it was fun catching up with folks!

Here are a few photos I shot yesterday,...

Did anyone else notice that some of the decor items from the Royal Hawaiian are showing up at Don's?

I blogged a bit about it yesterday,...
http://ochistorical.blogspot.com/2012/06/royal-hawaiian-and-don-beachcomber.html

CJ

My little wahine and I ventured from Phoenix to attend the Marketplace and had a blast! It was a great time to meet many of the artists that I have followed on Tiki Central for quite some time while also adding some more pieces to our little collection of tiki from Lake Tiki, Doug Horne, TikiTony, Hot Tiki, and others! Mahalo to the Beachcomber for holding the event and making us feel so welcomed! Special thanks to the hard working waiters/waitresses, bartenders, and kitchen staff who handled the rowdy fans with courage and a smile! Look forward to attending again and cooling off a little from our desert temperatures! Mahalo!

HT

Sunday was a great day at the International Tiki Market Place at Don The Beachcomber. Food and drinks, music, vendors, mugs, and best of all seeing all your Tiki Friends. Here is a picture that THE GREAT PHOTOGRAPHER "A" FRAME took with my camera. Another great event by Soccer Tiki.

Thank you Chris and Karen for all the work you guys do to put this volcano of fun together! Also, I would like to thank the folks that spent some dough at my booth, I really appreciate it. It was very cool to meet alot of cool folks. See you at the next one. Tiki Stan.

Karen, Chris and many others; mucho mahalo! It was funtastic!
David and CeCe

RD

I'm broke now. My wallet took a beating.

Soccer Tiki you will have to set me up with a good low interest loan before the next one.

Great job to everyone involved.

You got it! I'm on it. Thanks for your support and patronage!

On 2012-06-05 11:31, Rum Dog wrote:
I'm broke now. My wallet took a beating.

Soccer Tiki you will have to set me up with a good low interest loan before the next one.

Great job to everyone involved.

Just wanted to say thanks everyone involved in putting together the International Marketplace. Another great day out with awesome people and many titans of tiki. Mahalo!

Pictures coming soon,

kevin

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:24 ]

Man!!! There were alot more tikiphiles this time around. Almost had to battle a couple to get a Doug Horne mask I wanted. Reguardless. Victory was mine :wink:. Im bummed I was not able to get a tapa lamp Ben. Next time around. Overall. Had a great time. I always have a zombie everytime im there to pay tribute where I am. Mahaloz Donn Beach. :D.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:24 ]

It's Official!!! The next International TIKI Market Place will take place Sunday July 15, 2012 at Don the Beachcomber in Huntington Beach, CA from 11am to 4pm. Stay tuned for exciting details soon!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2012-06-12 06:45 ]

Thank you, Soccer Tiki, for producing these great International Tiki Marketplace events at Don the Beachcomber's in H.B. (and for taking the cool photo below). Thanks especially to King Kukulele for a great show at the June 3rd Marketplace.
It was a fun time, and we just wish there had been more people there to appreciate it!

Fantastic job, King!!!

God's blessings to you,
Glenn & Carol

A few more photos from the June 3rd event:

kevin

E
ebtiki posted on Tue, Jul 3, 2012 3:21 PM

Anyone have a list of vendors for the July 15 Marketplace?

On 2012-07-03 15:21, ebtiki wrote:
Anyone have a list of vendors for the July 15 Marketplace?

Why, YES! I do have the list of vendors! Here they are:

Atomic Kitty, Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Big Ed, Bosko, Doug Horne, Eric October, Fez-O-Rama, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hot Tiki, Hula Girls Shave Ice, Johnnie Velour, Krisdrama, Mahalo Tiki, Miss Does It All, Mrs. Bong, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, Tiki Kaimuki, Tiki Madness, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Stan, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tikiyaki, Smokin' Tiki, Taboo Island, Vivian & Leroy Schmaltz

PLUS the Smokin' Menehunes and other live entertainment!

Nice line up of vendors again. Looking forward to being there.

I cant wait, I have a fresh new stock of blanks to get carved up for all the great patrons! See you there, Tiki Stan.

C
Chippy posted on Wed, Jul 4, 2012 9:31 PM

Wow. That is a great line up. I may have to break into my Tiki O piggy bank to pick up a few items.

Can't wait!

Next Sunday is the day for the 5th International TIKI Market Place! They keep getting bigger and better every time! Stop by and say hi to your favorite tiki vendors and listen to some great music!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:25 ]

HT

Some of the items for International Tiki Market place at Don's on Sunday July 15. Set of 4 Bamboo chairs with cane backs.

I'll be bringing down lots of different mug designs and colors. Might also bring some customs too.
Come on by and (re)introduce yourself. I will probably be drunk...

Woohoo! I can't wait. They finally let me out of my padded Midwest cell and I can attend one of these events. Really looking forward to it!

Marooned in the Midwest,
Karl

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:27 ]

HT

Very nice WORK Ben. Looking forward to seeing you at International Tiki market Place.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:27 ]

There was so much cool stuff to see at the June event that it was a little overwhelming. Looking forward to being overwhelmed again on Sunday.

Chris

HT

I am so inspired by Bambooben I have created the tiki mug and shirt rack to be sold Sunday at International Tiki market Place at Don the Beachcomber

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2033 replies