Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,033 replies

Wow! It's a bake sale! :) Sad I am gonna miss it by a week... :(

CA

On 2012-10-12 09:30, HB TIKI wrote:

AWESOME JOB HB!

CA

On 2012-10-14 13:22, heylownine wrote:
Thanks to Don's and the vendors for another fun afternoon at the marketplace. Saturday was rum barrel day!

kevin

INDEED! Great Pic! thanks... look for Crazy Rum Barrels on Ebay soon... get on my list [email protected] !

CA

On 2012-10-11 21:26, TikiPops wrote:

Other lamps still available.

We'll also have our vintage clothing, jewelery & more.

See you Saturday.

Killllllllllllllllllllller!!!!!!!!!!

Mucho Mahalos to all that attended the International TIKI Market Place!!! It was a great day of music, vending, food and drink & FRIENDS!!! We had over 200 in attendance and from what I saw everyone was taking packages out to their cars and coming back in for more!!! The Polynesian Paradise Dancers kept the vibe alive with their music, tribal (Tahitian) drumming and dancing! I had many people tell me how great the music and show was! Thank you Vendors, Polynesian Paradise Dancers, Don the Beachcomber, my event staff, OC Breeze Newspaper, PRIMO Beer and YOU the attendees!!! Stay tuned for another great International TIKI Market Place December 2nd!!!

The vendor list will be out soon! Mark it on your calendar now to start your holiday shopping for your favorite Kane or Wahine! There will be items for the keikis too!

Again....MAHALO! MAHALO! MAHALO!

AF

As seen inside D the B's at the ITMP last Sunday afternoon...

Here's three of the items that I purchased at Don's last Sat. All Crafted by Gotiki.
Cheers

Cook Island styled mug with actual C. I .coin pendant , Ashtray, and hula dancers bracelet.

Ashtray from Tiki Caliente. Glaze (brown and blue) reminds me of vintage Treasure Craft.

Detail of coin pendant on mug.

Amazing detail and craftsmanship on bracelet. Penny shown for scale.

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2012-10-16 16:22 ]

RD

Great job Chris! Loved the family friendly entertainment

My daughter and I enjoyed it so much ...

We had to become part of the act.

I was such a natural with my hula lesson that I was brought back up for an encore with the hula balls.

Again, just wanted to say thanks to Chris, Karen, and the DTB Ohana for putting on another great event! It was great getting to meet with all of you and thanks for those who shopped with me. Can't wait to see everyone at the next one!
Thanks again to Johnnie Velour for such a generous trade, I love the bowl. I'm stoked that my first traded/sold piece has a such a great home!
See you all on the 2nd!!!
Michael

I love all the photos Chris! You were like a kamikaze photobomber for a good few hours there and you got some great shots. I am also glad I got to pick up Peter Nicholson's poster while we were there. Loved the concept and it looks great up on my wall.

nui 'umi 'umi great to see you and TikiVato--sad I missed your better halves and I hope you told them hello for me!

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2012-10-19 12:22 ]

:lol:

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-10-19 12:29 ]

Did you guys kiss and makeup already?

Buzzy Out!

TM

ATP is one of the coolest people in real life. I think he is a really nice guy. And as president of the pot stirrer's club, (of which I am the treasurer) I can vouch for the fact that he is totally insane, yet loveable and a good supporter of tiki art.

As for Liz...I admit, based on her posts in the old days, I really didn't care for her much (she is the one responsible for my sig line by calling me a douche that contributes nothing!)

But a few years ago at the tiki oasis, I came across a guy in the elevator reeking of rum, because his shirt was drenched with rum. He had a schocked look on his face and said "some chick threw a drink at me".

Later I found out it was Liz who did it...and I have to admit, I thought it was one of the funniest things ever...and all of a sudden I realized I liked her!
I remember full well what occured at Mariepalooza....so Kudos to Liz!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDveNVTiwkE

I hope ATP and Liz start getting along more, because they both are actually cool people. Sorry for the derail.

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2012-10-19 15:42 ]

FYI...... Mark It On Your Calendars The Next International Tiki Market Place will be @ Don's on Sunday, December 2 from 11:00am-4:00pm.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2012-10-24 14:01 ]

On 2012-10-19 14:33, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Did you guys kiss and makeup already?

Buzzy Out!

Liz & ATP have both taken the high ground!

Buzzy- Don't be poking the hornet's nest!

Lucas-Funny!!!

VENDOR LIST COMING SOON!!!

Thanks Lucas! Chris is %100 right this is not the thread for such BS
Hey is the listed time for the next date suppose to be 11pm to 2pm or 4pm? :)

11am to 4pm

Vendors for the December 2nd Market Place are:
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Bosko, Crazy Al, Dionysis Records, Don the Beachcomber, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hot Tiki, Johnnie Velour, Krisdrama, Little Lost Tiki, Martini Kings, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Mrs. Bong, Picture Show Gallery, Smokin’ Tikis, The Pod King, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Magazine, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Stan, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Taboo Island & Wendy Cevola

And of course, MAHALOS to our sponsors PRIMO BEER & OC BREEZE Newspaper!!!

[ Edited by: soccertiki 2012-10-30 18:59 ]

and don't forget little lost tiki will be in Da Hut
in december
with LOTS of goodies for y'alls to oggle!
:)

Atomic Tiki Punk thank you for the welcome.
little lost tiki you gonna be there dude, I'll be getin some Kenny hugs while admiring the best tiki art ever(yours)!

Soccor Tiki you asked for some photos of the loot we are bringing to sell. Here's my first post.

I took an original Frankoma War God from Dan's collection and molded it. I have the copy write and Joniece Frank knows I've done this.

They are all Statues because again I don't want the vintage mugs to be worth less.

$60 each.

I'll post when I have more to show. Cheers, Wendy

C

Wow! I am going to have to ask Mrs Chippy for a raise on my allowance next month. Or at least an advance on the next months. Too much great stuff.

TM

The Smokin' Menehunes are excited about coming back for this excellent event! Hope you are ready for some Hapa Haole music!

On 2012-11-04 11:43, lucas vigor wrote:
The Smokin' Menehunes are excited about coming back for this excellent event! Hope you are ready for some Hapa Haole music!

Yeah, what Mick said! ALSO the Polynesian Paradise Dancers will be accompanying the Smokin' Menehunes!!! A great entertainment lineup to go with a great vendor lineup to go with some great food and drinks!!!

The December 2nd International TIKI Market Place WILL be the biggest gathering of vendors for you to start your holiday gift shopping, or just shopping for your own tiki needs!!! Bring your gift lists!

http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com
http://www.tikioasis.com

"Marriage, Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2012-11-04 16:13 ]

TM

This is one you will want to have your video cameras rolling for!

K

A look at some of the items I will have available:

Mini Glass Fish Floats for your Tiki Bar and Christmas tree.
Green, Amber, and Blue. approx. 2" in diameter

Small Puffer Fish Lamps, each on a 6ft cord. approx. 5" in length.

More pictures to come!

I'm glazing every day so that I'll have lots to bring to this marvelous sale. I'll be behind the table and Dan will be shopping!

Even if you don't need another tiki please stop by to say hi. Cheers, Wendy

WooHoooo! December 2 is Just Around the Corner :)

WooHoo we get to see you, Soccer Tiki, HB Tiki and so many friends its better than a holiday.

I'm firing loads for the show. Here are some photos of the tiki art.

This load is firing right now.

See you in two weeks, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2012-11-17 08:51 ]

HT

Here are some of the Tiki Mugs I will bringing to The International Tiki Market Place on Dec 2 at Don the Beachcomber.

HT

Also a lot of Donn Beach Tiki Crates to display or store your new Donn Beach Barrel mug in.

Another kiln load fired and ready for the sale! Wendy

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 20:53 ]

HT

Wendy and Dan, your work is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing you both. Roger and Margi.

[ Edited by: HB TIKI 2012-11-19 12:06 ]

HT

Pre Sale for ITMP tonight at Dons. Please attend Monday TC to honor Art , I will have the last few Gecko Floats mug for sale at $20.00 each.

T

I got a special deal on my last order of puffer fish. I will be passing on this deal to everyone at the December 2nd event. I will also have glass floats on sale for Christmas.

On 2012-11-19 09:28, RevBambooBen wrote:
Mrs Bamboo will be taking over the Bamboo Ben Hut for this round. Come by and say hey to her. She doesn't like all my stuff cluttering up our hut so I bet she blows stuff out!! You're all gonna score this ITMP! Mele Kalikimaka!!!

Will she have some of the router carved and painted shelves? I need to buy 2.

Hi Friends, in addition to this table full I'll be bringing a few of the Sacramento Crawl mugs. See you soon, Wendy

HT

Wendy and Dan, another outstanding assortments of mugs, your car will be lite going home with all your mugs gone.

C

On 2012-11-22 08:40, danlovestikis wrote:
Hi Friends, in addition to this table full I'll be bringing a few of the Sacramento Crawl mugs. See you soon, Wendy

Oh no! Did I see some Tiki Bob mugs there?!?

Mrs. Chippy I need the checkbook.

HT

Chippy, when HB TIKI sells your daughter's original art work, "Alice finds a Tiki Mug" , You will have lots of money for mugs.

HT

Found 3 old Bambooben's original Artwork from 1999 to 2000 at Tiki sale, They will be for sale at The international Tiki Market Place at DTB on Dec 2. There will be a free print of HB TIKI and BambooBen with the original artwork.img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/10038/50b07154.jpg[/img]

Tis The Season to Shop at The Biggest Tiki Vending Event of The Season. Only One More Week........Woohoo!

MARTINI KINGS will be vending at the market place dec. 2nd. we are coming stocked with 12 different martini kings cd's (the very latest with SHAG art cover. Also we will be selling our holiday christmas favorite "the kings of jing-a-ling" see you there!

The "Kings of Jing-a-Ling" cd is a great addition to your holiday music collection! It'll swing you right into the holiday spirit!

On 2012-11-25 07:59, martini kings wrote:
MARTINI KINGS will be vending at the market place dec. 2nd. we are coming stocked with 12 different martini kings cd's (the very latest with SHAG art cover. Also we will be selling our holiday christmas favorite "the kings of jing-a-ling" see you there!

Our good friend Fully Fullwood who runs the Reggae for a Reason shows at Don the Beachcomber on Sundays and I want to make sure you plan your Sunday to its "Fully-est"!!! Come early to the ITMP for the tiki vendors and Hawaiian music and dancers, then stick around for some of the Best Reggae Music this side of Jamaica!!! Truly and islands-inspired day!!! Whatta way to start the holidays!!!

Tapa Print pencil cases, perfect for stocking stuffers!

Mini Pufferfish in a Fishfloat Lamps

Make your Tiki Room Look Like the Jungle Cruise!

T

Lamps for you or your friends make a great Christmas gift. It will be Black Sunday at TikiPops booth. $10.00 off if you buy one lamp or $15.00 off each lamp if you buy two or more. All of our clothing will be $5.00 off each piece. All other items will be reduced too.
See you all on Sunday!!

See you all on Sunday!!
See you all on Sunday!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2033 replies