Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

Tiki Mug Collector Alert!

Stop by the ATP & Jungle Ginger vendo-Rama table
we will be selling our good pal Wes Johnson (from House of Tiki)
a primo selection of his Tiki Mug collection for Xmas!

Jungle Ginger will have a special collection of X-mas style Hair Flowers for
all you Wahine!

(I will try to post some photos soon)

The biggest tiki vending event of the holiday season is this Sunday!!! Don the Beachcomber will be the place to get a jump-start on your holiday shopping and get your shopping done early!! So many vendors! There will be something for everyone on your tiki shopping list! You'll save money with all the deals!

Come meet up with your friends and share some holiday cheer!

Vendors for the December 2nd Market Place are:
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Bosko, Crazy Al, Dionysis Records, Don the Beachcomber, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hot Tiki, Johnnie Velour, Ken Ruzic, Krisdrama, Martini Kings, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Mrs. Bong, Picture Show Gallery, Polynesiac, Smokin’ Tikis, The Pod King, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Stan, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Taboo Island & Wendy Cevola.

Tikis, Art, Music, Jewelry, New and Vintage Tiki Mugs, Vintage/Collectibles, Ceramics, Tiki Pendants, Tiki Giftware, Tiki Yard Decor, and more!!!

We are going to be running from the storm. Our whole home shook with thunder this morning.

I've made Puffer and Honu necklaces for the sale. Help me out I have too much to haul home so I'm pricing to sell.

Cheers, Wendy and Dan

CA

if they don't sell by Sunday.....! see ya there

TM

Looking good, Mang!

HT

Two sizes of Tiki Tables for your Tiki room or Tiki bar. The height of the tables are 42" and 32" high. At HB TIKI table at the Dons on Dec 2nd.

HT

Buy a MARTINI KINGS RECORD ALBUM and then go to HB TIKI table and buy a record album frame.

HT

Nice lighted Tiki bar or Mug cabinet with 2 doors that open and tiki face handles . Have your very own miniature mug cabinet similar to the one at Don The Beachcomber. For sale at HB TIKI TABLE on Dec 2nd at DTB.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 20:56 ]

Gonna Miss hangin with You,Boo!
But I'll make sure to stroll over and see the lovely ma Boo!

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!
After a 4 or 5 month hiatus from vending and a majority of events
LLT will FINALLY be hawking his wares at the International Tiki Marketplace!

Grab your mistletoe and purse your lips
'cause there will be Deals Aplenty
and lots of Fine stuff to Oggle the Eyes!
for instance....

"the Voyage Home"
Pyrography (woodburning) and matte acrylic tinting on wood
6x6"

"the Bellyache"
Acrylic and cel-vinyl on wood
4x12"

"Smiling Sun"
6x6"

the SECOND Hand-Painted Custom Classic Cocktail Set!
the Colorforms Edition

"Happy Tapa""
Acrylic and cel-vinyl on linen
8x10

"Fishing Expedition"
pyrography and matte acrylic tinting on wood
8x16"

"Smiling Shield"
6x12"

"Feast"
6x6"

"Crocodile Bird Shield"
4x12"

"Closing Time"
8x10"

Ancestor Skull TWO
exacto blade carved and acrylic-hand-tinted plaster skull
a lil bigger than actual size...

"the lazy Rower"
acrylic and cel-vinyl on found thrift store plaque

"the Lonely Rower"
acrylic and cel-vinyl on wood
with an awesome Bamboo Ben frame!

just the piece

"the Whistler"
acrylic and cel-vinyl on wood
with another awesome Bamboo Ben frame!

A close-up

"the Clamshell Bowl"
Cel vinyl on wood
with a beautiful Bamboo Ben frame
overall dimensions 20.5 x 20"
image only: 18 x 14.5"

and the image only

"Bird Drum"
Cel vinyl on wood
overall dimensions 21 x 21"
image only: 15 x 18"

and the image only

and a companion piece...

"Crocodile Drum"
Cel vinyl on wood
overall dimensions 20.5 x 20.25"
image only: 18.25 x 15"

and the image only

"the Sun visits the Brothers"
Cel vinyl on wood
overall dimensions 20 x 20.25"
image only: 15 x 18"

and the image only

oh yes... and if THAT's not enough to get you running in place
i will also have a handful of prints
and some folders of beautiful original drawings for you to adopt and bring home..

Bargains and belly laughs Aplenty at the LLT booth this SUNDAY!
Even bought a Santa Hat!
no pictures please.........
i have a reputation as a crabby old artist that i'd like to keep.....
:)

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2012-11-29 15:48 ]

TM

Excellent work as usual. And what I love about it is that it goes way beyond tiki. Any of those would look great in a tiki room/bar AND a museum of modern art!

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday!

My first 11 "Boboai" mugs. Actually, my first mugs ever. The cone 10 firing didn't agree with some of the glazes, but I'm bringin' 'em out anyway.

As always, I'll have lots of vintage Aloha shirts and a few dresses. Mostly 60's, but I'll have some 50's, 70's and a few Reyn Spooner & Tommy Bahamas.

You gotta green scarf? The perfect retro Xmas dress!

1970's Malihini with Maori waka.

Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to visiting with you on Sunday!

I'll have 3 of these 12" cobalt blue shrunken head floats for sale. They are $200 ea. PM me if you want to preorder, Cheers-

HT

Be sure to stop by my Table at the market Place. Tommy Bahama shirts and dress. Buy one and get a free Tommy Bahama coffee mug while supply last.

What? Did you grow them pufferfish in the floats???

On 2012-11-29 18:10, smokintikis wrote:
I'll have 3 of these 12" cobalt blue shrunken head floats for sale. They are $200 ea. PM me if you want to preorder, Cheers-

What? Did you grow them pufferfish in the floats???

On 2012-11-29 18:10, smokintikis wrote:

Chris...Only O.A. can do that. These have Shrunken Heads in them!

HT

50-60 Men Cabana set Shirt Trunks, size large shirt with matching swim trunks 36 -38 very good condition See at HB TIKI TABLE.

HT

Gecko will be at The International Tiki Market Place in spirit. please come by HB TIKI table to see his new two styles of his new Tiki mugs.. He sent a very limited quantity in both colors. The mugs are at a great price. Please come early , the quantity is very limited because of the trip from Hawaii.

Set out your Cookies for Santa in style!
6" square trays
Also offering a couple little jewelry boxes to put your...

Tiki earrings in! Available in Holiday and not so Holiday styles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7nUGPwjYHY
cd available at http://www.martinikings.com or visit us this sunday at the international tiki marketplace!

On 2012-11-27 18:22, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Tiki Mug Collector Alert!

Stop by the ATP & Jungle Ginger vendo-Rama table
we will be selling our good pal Wes Johnson (from House of Tiki)
a primo selection of his Tiki Mug collection for Xmas!

Jungle Ginger will have a special collection of X-mas style Hair Flowers for
all you Wahine!

(I will try to post some photos soon)

Hey ATP...does Wes know you're selling him? :wink: Can't wait to see you guys. Got some GREAT stuff!

I think I picked that day to stop sniffing glue, Pua
but if Wes wants to be for sale? we can arrange that.

RAIN OR SHINE...OUR CLIMATE IS CONTROLLED!!! In the High Cheif's Talking Room and the Hidden Village you will stay dry and happy at the Internatiional TIKI Market Place!

The Biggest Tiki Vending Event of the season is this Sunday (12/2)!!! Don the Beachcomber will be the place to get a jump-start on your holiday shopping! So many vendors! There will be something for everyone on your tiki shopping list! Get your shopping done early! Come meet up with your friends and have some fun!

Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Bosko, Crazy Al, Dionysis Records, Don the Beachcomber, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hot Tiki, Johnnie Velour, Krisdrama, Martini Kings, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Mrs. Bong, Nelson's Tiki Hut, Picture Show Gallery, Polynesiac, Smokin’ Tikis, The Pod King, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Stan, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Taboo Island & Wendy Cevola

Come early to take advantage of all the great deals our vendors will have!!! Tikis, Mugs, Decor, Art, Jewelry, Music, Collectibles and MORE!!!!!!!

Doors open at 11am. Get your holiday gift buying done before the first weekend in December is over!!! (That'll leave you more to to enjoy the season parties!!!)

Don the Beachcomber
16278 Pacific Coast Hwy
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
http://www.donthebeachcomber.com

Like us on Facebook: International TIKI Market Place

http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com
http://www.tikioasis.com

"Marriage, Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2012-11-30 19:52 ]

CA

Some goodies at the same price as normal switch plates! all had made and basically one of a kind.....

On 2012-11-30 19:49, SoccerTiki wrote:
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Bosko, Crazy Al, Dionysis Records, Don the Beachcomber, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hot Tiki, Johnnie Velour, Krisdrama, Martini Kings, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Mrs. Bong, Nelson's Tiki Hut, Picture Show Gallery, Polynesiac, Smokin’ Tikis, The Pod King, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Stan, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Taboo Island & Wendy Cevola

And let's NOT FORGET little Lost Tiki
Again!
for the Third Time!

it appears I've been Blacklisted a few times here and on faceBook
for some reason.....

Thanks Chris!

I'm going, and I'm going to see Little Lost Tiki's cool stuff!

DC

We have a very special appearance by Ken Ruzik, aka Little Lost Tiki. You can find him and his very cool artwork and extremely forgiving personality this Sunday. I have two of LLT's earlier tiki originals and they still bring me joy to look at them! See you Sunday Ken!

GT

Hello All, And Cheers! Time to light up the Holidays with some cool GoTiki Lamps. It's hard to get the whole aspect of the lamp when it's not lite up so, I have posted day and night pictures.

First of all we have (4) four Tiki Bob lamps with custom shades by Dani, We have sold many for $100 giving them away at $50.00 each:

Very Cool Tiki lamps in various colors, We normally sale these all day long at the Tiki events for $75.00 each, But we are giving them away for $50.00 for one, or $75.00 for the set! Wow Weeeeee! Spreading this Christmas Cheer Here!

Yellow:

Purple:

White:

Looking forward to seeing all the Ohana at the:

Cheers Gogo and Dani

T

So many vendors, So little money. Got some hard choices on what to buy on Sunday. Looking forward to a wonderful day of shopping. See you there.

Aloha!!!

Stop by the polynesiac table and check out the great holiday ornaments I've been making!! I'll have this years TangaBaby (inspired by the Enchanted Tiki Room Baby Tangaroas):

With paint

Without paint

As well as ALL of my other holiday ornament designs (with some very special one-of-a-kind painted ones) and other carvings!!! Each one is hand cast then painted by me. Stop by and say hi!!!

See you Sunday, SUNday, SUNDAY!!!!

Forecast for The International Tiki Market Place today: Lots of Sunshine & Fun. Soccertiki guarantees No Rain on The Vendors!

Dancing Tehani will be perfornming from 11:00-11:45 Come Early and Stay All Day.....WooHoo!!

Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone Who Came to The International Tiki Market Place Today to Help Spread Some Holiday Cheer!! I saw lots of people leaving with all sorts of Tiki-rrific Stocking Stuffers. See You in January!
Mele Kalikimaka & WooHoo!! :)

Can never say it to much, Just the best bunch of vendors around!
thanks for letting me verbally torture you all.

And nice seeing all the Tiki folk who came out to play
if you did not make it out, you missed out on a bunch of Shag mugs and other rarities.

Chris & Karen, Kudos again!

Another awesome day at the Tiki Market Place! Thanks to everyone for stopping by to say hi and to everyone who bought one of my mugs or an aloha shirt. Even if I hadn't sold anything, it still would've been a blast. Like ATP said, "the best bunch of vendors around." I always look forward to visiting with everyone.
As always, I just wanted to extend another big thanks to Chris and Karen.
Have a happy and safe holiday season and I'll see you all in January!

Mahalo Chris , Karen, and all the vendors-the merchandise and the art were awesome!
Here's some of the pix I snapped;
Bosko

Tiki AL, Carrie, and Kinny

Tikivato and TikiTony

TikiDiablo

JungleGinger

Atomic TikiPunk

Kinny and my better half, CeCe

Kevin,musician extraordinaire

Left and right, Dan and Wendy Cevola, center,Dani

Wendy photgraphs so well,here's another

Kimo,steel guitar stylist extraordinaire

Took a lot of pix but I didn't get a chance to ask the subjects for permission to post.
Cheers

T

What an awesome day. Thanks to all the vendors,musicians and customers that stopped by to say hello. A good day of vending and a better day of buying. Nice pictures you posted Bro.
Another event well done Chris,Karen and all involved in putting it all together.

Great time as always, Thanks for putting up with us.

Such a Blast!
I got buzzed
got hugs and kisses
AND people kept givin me money!
TRIP on That!
the Aloha and Ohana spirit is ALIVE!
And a BIG Mahalo to all y'alls that visited the booth!

Thanks Chris and WooHoo and Don's
for another Wonderful Event!

Thank you to all the wonderful vendors and attendees that made this International TIKI Market Place a great way to start off the holiday season! I saw so many friends sharing laughs, drinks and hugs with friends! You all make the "VIBE" of this event so great!

Once again, we attracted almost 30% newbies to our little tiki ohana!!! That's new blood to come to events, support our artists, vendors, carvers, mug makers, etc.!!! Welcome to all!

A big WoooHoooOOOooooo! to the Don the Beachcomber staff!!! They have really done a great job accommodating us! MAHALO to Delia Snyder and Emerson!

It has been hard having a waiting list every event-I hate to say no to anyone! So, in January....January 19th SATURDAY to be exact, we will have 45 vendors, 2 live musical venues and more surprises to be announced soon!

So mark your calendars now for JANUARY 19, 2013 SATURDAY for the next International TIKI Market Place!

Remember....Everyone is a friend a the International TIKI Market Place!

nui 'umi 'umi thank you so much for the photos. I'm trying to set up my new computer today. When I have learned how again I'll post photos.

Thank you SoccerTiki, WooHoo Wahine, HB Tiki and Margi for the wonderful day prior to the sale.

We had the very best time seeing everyone.

Thank you, Tiki Roots Rocka, Jonny Velour, Treg, SMBacon, Tiki Ano, Chippy for making the sale a success for us. We enjoyed our visits with everyone and had such fun being back to back with GoGo and Dannie at our booths.

Cheers, Wendy

Season 2 will be bigger than ever! More vendors and we're taking over the whole restaurant! Let's keep those tiki torches burning at Don the Beachcomber!

Having a fun sale day at Don's.

Wendy and Dan with Dannie and GoGo behind us.

AF

As seen during the ITMP last Sunday @ Don the Beachcomber's, Sunset Beach, CA...

Great job on capturing the atmosphere at the marketplace, A Frame!!!

C
Chippy posted on Fri, Dec 7, 2012 4:46 PM

I agree with ATP. Great pics to all. Thanks again for another great marketplace. Sorry I did not get to chat with everyone, was feeling a little under the weather. Looking forward to the next one. Hopefully HB Tiki will sell that swim suit set before I have too much to drink and he makes me model it.

Nice pix Anders. Mahalo for sharing.
Cheerts,
David

A Frame - Awesome job with the pictures, I feel like was almost there!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies