Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

Time to head on down to the last great Tiki Temple on the West Coast! I hope to see all of you true tikiphiles today so you can experience the "Vibe" that IS the International TIKI Market Place!!!

Oh yeah...then there's this for those of you who have not been to the ITMP yet check this out: KTLA 5 Hope to see you there.

Oh man, I wanted too. I planed to come. But now I have to sit and wait for Verizon to show up some time between 12 and 5pm. See y'all at the next one I guess.

JB

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to All The Vendors, The Smokin Menehune's, Kimo, Delia & Don the Beachcomber's Ohana, and Everyone who came to The International Tiki Market Place. They just keep getting Bigger & Better :) See you at The next International Tiki Market Place....WooHooo! :)

Mahalo Soccertiki and WooHoo. Another great time. Good to see all the venders and artists. Here's a few pix, mo tomorrow.

Thanks David for the pics. I say it every time, but this is just the best group of vendors
anyone could wish being stuck with all day long!

Thanks to all the Tiki peeps who showed up & Chris, Woohoo & Don's for the mall sized turn out today.

Man! What a trip. Almost 4hrs there and back. Made it home :). What a great Marketplace. Good to see some faces I have not seen in awhile and meeting some new ones in the flesh. Scored some cool stuff. Im beat. Good night and mahaloz. :D

If you are a mug collector you sure missed out yesterday, Between Ron-Tiki, House of Tiki and the regular vendors
there was an amazing range of super rare & just hard to find mugs at good prices (Shag Mugs for $50!), It blew a year of eBay
listings out of the water (Yes, we are going to need a bigger boat!)

skootiki had some large Tikis for cheap prices, great to see a number of SD Vendors at Don's to,
Eric the Red, Buzzy & Scott just to name a few.

Hell of a day!

S

This was my first time vending at the International TiKi Market Place and I had a great time. Dons has such a wonderful vibe. Mix that with a bunch of friendly TiKi fans and vendors,fantastic live music, great drinks and food.........a very fun way to spend the day! Thanks again to those of you who took home a new TiKi and thanks to Chris and Karen and the staff at Dons.

The Smokin Menehunes had a blast! Tried some new songs we never practiced or heard before...but for corns sake please stop requesting bruddah Iz stuff! None of us really knows that one song....that one song! :)

PS, shameless plug here, but if you notice Pat's red uke, it's the new Bill Tapia signature model! Pat and I have a booth at NAMM, and will be revealing it for the first time...along with demonstrating it (Kevin will be joining us) all three days....I can tell you the Uke is awesome...plays like a dream (yes, every fret works, unlike in a lot of store bought ukes) and is very reasonably priced!

http://soundcloud.com/lucas-vigor/sets/set-3/

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2013-01-20 10:57 ]

Great looking Uke

W

Here are some mo pix of the Ohana at Don's
Hope you enjoy.

HT

Great pictures as usual David. You caught a lot of Smiles.

Great pics. Always a great time at the ITMP. Missing it already.

Great pics. Always a great time at the ITMP. Missing it already.

Holy Shit!!

what's with all the guys going grey?
was the threat of Dec. 21st 2012 really that worrysome to people?
:o

Jeff(btd)

Oh ya. One thing I wanted to ask. I need contact info for House of Tiki. They were vending and had a peice I was interested in. She gave me her card with contact info but I lost it. Does anyone have their email adress or phone#? Mahalo.

Jeff, grey is the new black!
forgotten tikiman, pm right here on TC @ TikiShopPua

We had a blast vending at the ITMP! Hope to do it again next time around...

If you were there, did you miss this booklet?? Big Toe and Dave Estala didn't miss getting it. Either did Jungle Ginger or Doug Horne...

You can get it now in our store. Only $3 plus a buck for us to mail it to ya. Only about half of the edition is left! Get it before it sells out.

http://thehulagirls.bigcartel.com/product/tales-of-tiki-bar-living-gone-wrong-the-hula-girls-zine

What the hell is in there, anyway??

Thank you to all who came out to the International TIKI Market Place this past Saturday! We had over 400 attendees! We showcased The Smokin' Menehunes and Kimo on his Hawaiian Steel and 40 vendors and a whole lot of great stuff to buy!!! And a special thank you to the O.C. Breeze Newspaper for their friendship and support.

This ITMP marked our 1 year anniversary. It seems like just last week that Art Snyder and I sat down and decided it was time for a true event FOR the people and the vendors....Close to home, low cost and in a true tiki temple! Nothing but smiles yesterday from all who entered the A-framed, bamboo-laden doors of Don the Beachcomber. I'm sure Art is smiling down from the great Tiki Bar in the sky!

I will continue this special event as long as you, those dedicated to the "tiki" life style, both purveyors and enjoyers of all we stand for (good friends, food, drink and entertainment) support us. Until next time, Cheers and Mahalo!

Thanks ATP. :D

E

Thanks, everyone, for the great photos - someday I'll make it out there for one of these, but for now I'll have to settle for "feeling" like I'm there!
Cheers!
Eric

RD

Fantastic pictures of the ohana and vendors nui 'umi 'umi.

Here are some pictures of some of the great product that was available at the market place.

RD

This is a picture of Spike realizing how much more money he could have made if he had Hula Girls mugs for sale. Commission some so that I can pick one up next time.

T

Thanks Chris and Karen for another ITMP event that I am honored to be a part of. What a crowd with lots of new faces from the vendors and the customers. My wife and I had a good time talking with old and new friends. Welcome to all the members of the Plumeria Society that showed up. What a nice group. I look forward to the next ITMP.

Mahalo Rdog.Nice pix!
Cheers

Ha!

On 2013-01-21 00:11, Luckydesigns wrote:
We had a blast vending at the ITMP! Hope to do it again next time around...

If you were there, did you miss this booklet?? Big Toe and Dave Estala didn't miss getting it. Either did Jungle Ginger or Doug Horne...

You can get it now in our store. Only $3 plus a buck for us to mail it to ya. Only about half of the edition is left! Get it before it sells out.

http://thehulagirls.bigcartel.com/product/tales-of-tiki-bar-living-gone-wrong-the-hula-girls-zine

What the hell is in there, anyway??

I have read your "Tiki Manifesto" Spike and it's dangerous....all radical & mind fracking stuff!

Perfect. Next is world domination!!!

B

The ITMP this past Saturday can be summed up in one word:

EPIC

Thanks Chris and Karen (and all the others who made it happen)!

Bowie

Make plans now for the next, the best, the BIGGEST International TIKI Market Place!

TIKI Magazine Release!!!!

More details coming soon!!!

T

Not til April 2nd? We're going to have withdrawals. The upside is it will give me time to find some new items.

Cool!!! Tiki Mag release as well. Cant wait :D

On 2013-01-25 19:20, TikiVato wrote:
Not til April 2nd? We're going to have withdrawals. The upside is it will give me time to find some new items.

That's April 6th...not the 2nd...Mr Vato! :P

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: revbambooben 2016-03-25 09:43 ]

Ha Ha Ben :D. Your last april fools was pretty good. Im pretty sure you will think of another good one.

On 2013-01-26 07:26, SoccerTiki wrote:

On 2013-01-25 19:20, TikiVato wrote:

That's April 6th...not the 2nd...Mr Vato! :P

Well Mr. Soccer, I better wear my glasses when I read and type. April 6th it is.

MH

Derek and I will be there for sure!

I always find some great stuff at the International Tiki Marketplace! I try to make it to all of them. Tons of cool tiki items, great drinks, good people and only a short drive from San Diego! I have bought a huge number of mugs here, I always walk out with like 3 new ones.

Grabbed these last time. DVD of Tiki mug by TikiDiablo... He might have a few left, get them quick! The 2 Shag mugs were super cheap, but IDK who I bought them from. She is always very nice and I will have to get here name next time. I have always wanted those 2 Shag mugs. They are so cool and the prices were way better than ebay!!!

Got this tiki from Skootiki! Thanks, he has a good home now. Great price and very cool art. You can check out my bar page for more INTM finds. You should go to the next one if you can make it!

This upcoming International TIKI Market Place (April 6th) is going to be the best yet!!! Our featured vendors include Tiki Magazine and their New Issue Release!!! Dawn Fraiser will be coming in town to join in the release. Tiki Farm WILL BE IN DA HOUSE!!! Tiki Tony will be back (after a short hiatus) and all of the great artists, vendors and friends will be there! The Smokin' Menhunes will again take you back to Waikiki yesteryear with their Hapa Haole sounds. And Kimo will make his steel guitar sing for you throughout the vending area.

What a great way to spring into Spring!!!

"The International TIKI Market Place is by far the best place to find all of your favorite vendors and artists and the best deals for all your tiki needs!"

Current list of vendors for April:
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Bowana Crazy Al, Dave’s Island Instruments, Dawn Fraiser, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Eric October, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Krisdrama, Lake Tiki, Mahalo Tiki, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, Ron Senso, ScooTiki, Smokin Tikis, Spike and Dinah, Taboo Island, The Pod King, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Farm, Tiki Magazine, Tiki Pops, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato & Tom Hofer

Just got my plane ticket, and I am really excited to once again be a part of the International Tiki Market Place!
I'll be debuting my new collection for this year, "Modern Primitive."
It is a celebration of the icons of the Polynesian Pop movement and a modern take on traditional Oceanic Art.

Previews as the date draws nearer!

See you all soon!"

S

On 2013-02-04 19:25, lunavideogames wrote:
I always find some great stuff at the International Tiki Marketplace! I try to make it to all of them. Tons of cool tiki items, great drinks, good people and only a short drive from San Diego! I have bought a huge number of mugs here, I always walk out with like 3 new ones.

Grabbed these last time. DVD of Tiki mug by TikiDiablo... He might have a few left, get them quick! The 2 Shag mugs were super cheap, but IDK who I bought them from. She is always very nice and I will have to get here name next time. I have always wanted those 2 Shag mugs. They are so cool and the prices were way better than ebay!!!
!
Got this tiki from Skootiki! Thanks, he has a good home now. Great price and very cool art. You can check out my bar page for more INTM finds. You should go to the next one if you can make it!

thanks for the photo of his new home

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 09:44 ]

Don't let Ben near the light switch!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 09:45 ]

Lake Tiki in the house!!! Instead of cigars ( for the baby) how bout a Primo! Gongrats mang!

Thanks Ben! Gonna be my first time away from the little guy. :( I may actually get some sleep that weekend! :wink:

Less than a month away! Here is the list of vendors for the upcoming International TIKI Market Place:
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Bowana, Crazy Al, Dave’s Island Instruments, Dawn Fraiser, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Eric October, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Krisdrama, Lake Tiki, Mahalo Tiki, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, Ron Senso, ScooTiki, Smokin Tikis, Spike and Dinah, Sven Kirsten, Taboo Island, The Pod King, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Farm, Tiki Magazine, Tiki Pops, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato & Tom Hofer

Not only do we have these tikirrific vendors, but we have the Smokin' Menehunes in the house as well as Kimo and his Hawaiian Steel to keep the vibe alive all day!!!

AND...We have TIKI Magazine releasing their NEW ISSUE at the ITMP!!!

Make sure you have it marked on your calendar (April 6th) for the Absolute Best Vending, Music, Food, Drink and Friends Experience this April.

There are a few surprises that will be released closer to the date, so stay tuned and "LIKE" us on Facebook: Like Us Here

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies