Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

HT

Get ready, only 20 days until The International Tiki Market Place at Don the Beachcombers, it will be the April Tiki event of the Year so far and you only have to Drive to the Cool Beach. Also just in, the new Spring issue of Tiki Magazine will be unveiled there. Please keep posted for surprises to be listed.

I know I'll be there! Looking forward to it.

Where, exactly, is the Cool Beach?

HT

Sprike, I was referring to nice weather, maybe cooler than other HOT places inland.

HT

Found all these tiki lights at an estate sales this weekend. They will be for sale at THE INTERNATIONAL TIKI MARKET PLACE at Dons on April 6.

HT

More new items for the April 6 ITMP will be posted soon, remember to save your Easter Money for great tiki items all in one place. Music, food , and Rum is good for you plus The new Tiki Magazine to be issue.
Also see BamBooBen in person since last year he was going to Retire and by popular demand he is back.

HT

Only 17 days left for biggest Tiki day so far this year, The International Tiki Market place at Don The Beachcombers in Huntington Beach. With 40 of the top Tiki Dealers to enhance your house or Tiki Bar. Great Hawaiian Music, food, and Rum is good for you. Plus you pay $10.00 to get in and you have $10.00 credit to use for food or drink all in a cool tiki bar in close Southern Calif.

C

It is gonna be great!!

HT

Do not forget the ITMP on May 6th at Don's, Chippy "DAVID NELMS" will be modeling a two piece matching men's Shirt and swim trunks for sale. Pictures to following. Also ,the new Tiki Magazine will make it debut that evening.

Nice find on those lamps HBTiki. I am bummed I wont be making it to this one. I have a wedding to attend. Doh!!!!!!!!

On 2013-03-20 13:26, HB TIKI wrote:
Do not forget the ITMP on May 6th at Don's, Chippy "DAVID NELMS" will be modeling a two piece matching men's Shirt and swim trunks for sale. Pictures to following. Also ,the new Tiki Magazine will make it debut that evening.

HT

Thanks for the correction, I had a doctor's appointment and I was nervous.

Here are a couple of the things that I'll have for sale at the next Tiki Marketplace. I've been making a ton of stuff lately. More to come... Stay tuned...

C

On 2013-03-20 13:54, Jareth Cutestory wrote:

On 2013-03-20 13:26, HB TIKI wrote:

After what you posted, I am getting nervous too.

Gonna be a good one....

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-03-22 13:16 ]

[ Edited by: tikilongbeach 2013-03-22 08:57 ]

This thread is getting dangerously close to Zardoz territory.

Shift back to the Marketplace!

kevin

I'll be there to see Chippy. Dan's coming in case these ladies show up.

HB Tiki, Soccer Tiki and Woo Hoo W. we are looking forward to seeing you and all our friends which are too numerous to mention.
This event is so fun it's worth the all day drive to get there.

I'll be delivering finished ceramics but I'll not be selling at this event. We are coming to party and shop. If you are coming and on my Wish List for anything let me know you'll be there.

Cheers, Wendy and Dan

Just finished a couple of more signs for the Tiki Marketplace...

On 2013-03-22 09:18, Luckydesigns wrote:
Just finished a couple of more signs for the Tiki Marketplace...

That is a great tiki bar sign! I would love to buy that, although I won't be able to make it to the ITMP on the 6th.

A couple of more pictures of the big "Aloha" sign. This thing is almost 6' across.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Mar 22, 2013 10:05 AM

Stuff's looking good Spike.

Don't forget to bring GROG' girlfriend, or GROG not coming!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Mar 22, 2013 10:06 AM

Stuff's looking good Spike.

Don't forget to bring GROG' girlfriend, or GROG not coming!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2013-04-08 01:59 ]

On 2013-03-23 10:05, Lake Surfer wrote:

A good portion of my 2013 collection, "Modern Primitive," pays homage to celebrated tiki temples of days gone by.

I'll have all these hand carved and hand painted signs... and more... at the April International Tiki Market Place!

Those are great.

Just for reference, approximately how big are they? Or more accurately, what size space on my wall will I need to clear?

Mahalo!

kevin

Great work Lake Surfer!

On 2013-03-23 10:11, heylownine wrote:

Those are great.

Just for reference, approximately how big are they? Or more accurately, what size space on my wall will I need to clear?

Mahalo!

kevin

Aloha Kevin!

Thanks so much for the kind compliment!

They are all different sizes... The Bahooka for example is around 12" H x 12.5" W. The Tropics sign is 13.5" W x 9.5" H. Most are around that size range except for the Hanalei and a couple others I hope to bring... Those are the largest at 23" H x 12" W.

Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

tikilongbeach... Thanks so much for your compliment! Much appreciated!!!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2013-03-23 14:01 ]

Very cool stuff!

ATP... Mahalo! See you there?

HT

New work that will be for sale on April 6 for ITMP at Dons.

HT

One more framed tiki on tapa for the ITMP at Dons on April 6th.

HT

Two framed sets of Tiki Stir sticks for Tiki drinks at the ITMP on April 6th at DTB.

HT

Please attend the next ITMP at DTB, you will not be disappointed. Over 40 of the top tiki vendors will be there for your pleasure. This should be the best tiki event so far this year. Great food, tiki music, and Rum is good for you. Also, the new Tiki Magazine will make its Spring Debut.

Great signs, Lake Surfer! Can't wait to see them in person!

T

Lake Surfer those signs are awesome.
Spike that 6' aloha is killer.

T

Here's a couple of lamps I'll have at the next sale.

I have started playing more with a router. I found a glass bowl that looked like fish scales so I did up a fish design.

This one is a tapa & matt 6 sided, 20" tall.

Should have a couple more new ones also.

Luckydesigns and Tikipops... Thanks guys for the compliments! Looking forward to seeing you both at the event!

Nice work by both of you! Going to be an awesome selection of tiki art at this ITMP!

Such a swell evet! Can't wait to see all the great items from the talented tiki artists and vendors...and to SHOP!

Nice work everyone! Here's some stuff I've been working on for the next ITMP.
Here's some primitive Hawaiian petroglyph (fishing scene) bowls. One of these is for Mahalo Tiki, but I've got three more coming out of the kiln today.

Here's some coconut mugs that all hold between 12-14 ounces.

Some more coconut mugs and tapa bowls ready to be glaze fired.

And some stuff that's drying. These should be ready by 4/6.

Keep up the good work and I'll see everyone on the 6th!

T

Mike, those bowls are great.

T

Here's another lamp I finished up today. 3 carved & painted panels.

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2013-04-08 02:02 ]

RD

Wow, looks like there is going to be a large amount of great tiki product available.

Between the Marketplace and Mojave, I won't have much money left for Obama on April 15th.

Since most Marketplace purchases go to starving artists, does that qualify as a write off under charitable contributions?

Great work everyone! I SOOOOOOO wish I could make it to the Marketplace. All I need is a plane ticket, an empty suitcase or two and enough cash to fill it with everything I'd like to buy!

This upcoming International TIKI Market Place (April 6th) is going to be the best yet!!! Our special guests include TIKI MAGAZINE and their New Issue Release featuring Dawn Fraiser!!! Dawn Fraiser will be coming in to join in the release. Tiki Farm WILL BE IN DA HOUSE!!! Tiki Tony will be back (after a short hiatus.) Lake Tiki returns! There will be some "SVEN"ding going on as well! And all of the great artists, vendors and friends will be there!

The O.C. Breeze Newspaper's next edition (coming out March 27th!) will feature the artwork of Doug Horne on their cover!!! They will also have an article in about him and the International TIKI Market Place!

The Smokin' Menhunes will again take you back to Waikiki yesteryear with their Hapa Haole sounds. And Kimo will make his Hawaiian steel guitar sing for you throughout the vending area.

What a great way to spring into Spring!!!

"The International TIKI Market Place is by far the best place to find all of your favorite vendors and artists and the best deals for all your tiki needs!"

Current list of vendors for April:
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Baypark Buzzy, Bosko, Bowana, Chandler Art of the Pacific, Crazy Al, Dave’s Island Instruments, Dawn Fraiser, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Eric October, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Krisdrama, Lake Tiki, Mahalo Tiki, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, Ron Senso, ScooTiki, Smokin Tikis, Spike and Dinah, Sven Kirsten, Taboo Island, The Schmaltz Family, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Farm, Tiki Magazine, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato & Tom Hofer

http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com
http://www.tikioasis.com

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2013-04-01 17:11 ]

Just finished another "Aloha" sign!

B

I'll have a few (very few!) Three's The Charm mugs, if ya missed your chance last time!

Bowie

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies