Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

![](http://www.johnnysupersonic.com/images/Tiki Magazine_The Islander_Print.jpg)

![](http://www.johnnysupersonic.com/images/Tiki Magazine_Spring 2013_Frasier Cover.jpg)

Nick Camara and myself will be in attendance at the Marketplace this time around. We have created the first ever Tiki inspired superhero comic called "The Islander," who makes his debut in the upcoming issue of Tiki Magazine. Nick and I will be selling prints of "The Islander" at this event. I'm driving down from Portland, OR and looking forward to checking out my first International Marketplace.

Dawn Frasier from Seattle, WA will be joining us. She is the featured artist of the new spring issue of TIKI MAGAZINE! Dawn will be flying in to make the scene and sign the new limited edition prints of the cover art. We will also have original art, prints, lamps and other new merchandise available designed by Dawn.

Nick Camara and myself will be in attendance at the Marketplace this time around. We have created the first ever Tiki inspired superhero comic called "The Islander," who makes his debut in the upcoming issue of Tiki Magazine. Nick and I will be selling prints of "The Islander" at this event. I'm driving down from Portland, OR and looking forward to checking out my first International Marketplace.

Dawn Frasier from Seattle, WA will be joining us. She is the featured artist of the new spring issue of TIKI MAGAZINE! Dawn will be flying in to make the scene and sign the new limited edition prints of the cover art. We will also have original art, prints, lamps and other new merchandise available designed by Dawn.

Rob & Dawn-Welcome to our little slice of paradise called the International TIKI Market Place!!! I know you'll want to be back for the next one!!! Looking forward to seeing your work(s)!!!

HT

I will be selling Robert Jimenez's prints and pendants at the ITMP at DTB on April 6.

On 2013-03-29 16:58, HB TIKI wrote:
I will be selling Robert Jimenez's prints and pendants at the ITMP at DTB on April 6.

Wow! That looks amazing Roger! Thanks so much for posting!

F

On 2013-03-24 08:01, HB TIKI wrote:
Please attend the next ITMP at DTB, you will not be disappointed. Over 40 of the top tiki vendors will be there for your pleasure. This should be the best tiki event so far this year. Great food, tiki music, and Rum is good for you. Also, the new Tiki Magazine will make its Spring Debut.

April's ITMP is looking quite fantastic. Love HB Tiki's work!

HT

Bahooka Tiki light Floats for sale at the ITMP at DTB on April 6.

C

Only one week away! This is shaping up to be a fantastic event.

HT

Chippy will make his debut of modeling a 2 piece matching shirt and swim trunk at the ITMP at DTB on April 6th. Chippy has been cutting back on the free donuts.

On 2013-03-29 18:53, HB TIKI wrote:
Bahooka Tiki light Floats for sale at the ITMP at DTB on April 6.

It looks like a specially made SoccerTiki float light.

WooHooo! Only 1 More Week :)

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better!...

What: International TIKI Market Place
Who: Over 40 Tiki Vendors, Live Entertainment & TIKI Magazine Release!!!
When: Saturday, April 6th 2013 from 11am to 4pm
Where: Don the Beachcomber, Hidden Village and High Chief's Room
Cost: FREE! You pay $10 admission and get $10 voucher for food and/or drinks!!! Kids Free!!!
Why: In line with Donn Beach and his founding the International Market Place in Hawaii in 1956, we bring the International Tiki Market Place to Don the Beachcomber.

Vendors: Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Baypark Buzzy, Bosko, Bowana, Chandler Art of Paradise, Crazy Al, Dave's Island Instruments, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Eric October, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Krisdrama, Lake Tiki, Mahalo Tiki, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Nelson's Tiki Hut, O.C. Breeze Newspaper, Ron Senso, Scootiki, Smokin Tiki, Spike & Dinah, Sven Kirsten, Taboo Island, The Schmaltz Family, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Farm, Tiki Magazine/Dawn Fraiser/Rob Kramer, Tiki Pops, Tiki Tony, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, and Tom Hofer.

Music: The Smokin Menehunes & Kimo

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2013-03-30 12:54 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Fun for you!
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2013-03-30 15:29 ]

[ Edited by: revbambooben 2016-03-24 19:57 ]

I have got a gut feeling that Ben is going to be playing with the light switch all the way through the event. :wink:

HT

Didn't BamBOOBen retire last year on April 1, 2012 at the ITMP at DTB.

T

Here's a sign I finished up yesterday. It's 24" wide by 11" tall.
It's router carved, burnt, painted & distressed.

HT

Beautiful job on the sign TIKIPOPS

MM

You have really gotten good with the router, Tiki Pops!

Moai Mike

On 2013-03-26 18:26, SoccerTiki wrote:
This upcoming International TIKI Market Place (April 6th) is going to be the best yet!!! Our special guests include TIKI MAGAZINE and their New Issue Release featuring Dawn Fraiser!!! Dawn Fraiser will be coming in to join in the release. Tiki Farm WILL BE IN DA HOUSE!!! Tiki Tony will be back (after a short hiatus.) Lake Tiki returns! There will be some "SVEN"ding going on as well! And all of the great artists, vendors and friends will be there!

The O.C. Breeze Newspaper's next edition (coming out March 27th!) will feature the artwork of Doug Horne on their cover!!! They will also have an article in about him and the International TIKI Market Place!

The Smokin' Menhunes will again take you back to Waikiki yesteryear with their Hapa Haole sounds. And Kimo will make his Hawaiian steel guitar sing for you throughout the vending area.

What a great way to spring into Spring!!!

"The International TIKI Market Place is by far the best place to find all of your favorite vendors and artists and the best deals for all your tiki needs!"

Current list of vendors for April:
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Baypark Buzzy, Bosko, Bowana, Chandler Art of the Pacific, Crazy Al, Dave’s Island Instruments, Dawn Fraiser, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Eric October, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Krisdrama, Lake Tiki, Mahalo Tiki, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, Retro Ruthie, Ron Senso, ScooTiki, Smokin Tikis, Spike and Dinah, Sven Kirsten, Taboo Island, The Schmaltz Family, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Farm, Tiki Magazine, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato & Tom Hofer

Just added: Retro Ruthie!!! Be sure to stop by and tell her"Hi"!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2013-04-01 17:07 ]

B

I'm really thrilled to be able to make the trip out for this great event again! In addition to my Lava Collection and PolyPop Sign Collection, I'll also have a nice assortment of Oceanic Art at the April Market Place! Hand made carvings inspired by The Marquesan Islands, Papua New Guinea, the Cook Islands and the Hawaiian Islands.

See you Saturday!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2013-04-08 01:59 ]

I just finished a pair of big moai for the show. Looking forward to it!

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better!!! This just in......In a special International TIKI Market Place and TIKI Magazine release after party the DING DONG DEVILS will be playing in the Hidden Village at Don's right after the ITMP! This is a FREE show, so plan on sticking around after all the day's events and party with all of us starting about 5pm! There may even be some drink specials......

Here's some vintage dresses that I've added since the last Tiki Market Place.

Only 3 more days......Who are you meeting at the International TIKI Market Place? Old friends? New friends? Your favorite vendor(s)?

S

Buzzy,Bowana and Lake Surfer??

See you boys Saturday!

HT

I found a few of the cane tiki light fixtures that I will have for sale at the ITMP at DTB on April 6th.

T

Here's some new pieces I'll have at the Marketplace on Saturday!

A couple new black paper drawings, the parrots at Bahooka and Clifton's Pacific Seas, where a large chunk of the Bahooka decor will now live:

Some new ceramics, including a Bahooka platter, and a Stockton Islander platter:

An Abelam and PNG platters:

Ceramic Easter Island Egg:

This last pic is bisque Stockton Islander mugs, including a mug of the recently re-discovered moai that stood out front. (these should get their glaze fire before Saturday)

See everybody on the 6th!

S

Eric you are by far the most talented artist in the Tiki world today!

Fantastic work!

See you soon my friend!

I'll be there. I'll be bringing a whole group of friends to celebrate a double birthday. It'll be a great way to start the day as well as a great lead-in to Mojave Oasis. Looking forward to it!

I'll be there. It'll be the day before my birthday. Hoping to land a tiki mug or two.

WooHooo! Only 2 More Days :)

Cost: FREE! You pay $10 admission and get $10 voucher for food and/or drinks!!! Kids Free!!!
Why: In line with Donn Beach and his founding the International Market Place in Hawaii in 1956, we bring the International Tiki Market Place to Don the Beachcomber.

Vendors: Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Baypark Buzzy, Bosko, Bowana, Chandler Art of Paradise, Crazy Al, Dave's Island Instruments, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Eric October, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Krisdrama, Lake Tiki, Mahalo Tiki, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Nelson's Tiki Hut, O.C. Breeze Newspaper, Ron Senso,Retro Ruthie, Scootiki, Smokin Tiki, Spike & Dinah, Sven Kirsten, Taboo Island, The Schmaltz Family, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Farm, Tiki Magazine/Dawn Fraiser/Rob Kramer, Tiki Pops, Tiki Tony, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, and Tom Hofer.

This is a Family Friendly Event: Kids Free $10 Admission CASH ONLY

Did I mention that there will be a FREE after-show party starting around 5?

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better!!! This just in......In a special International TIKI Market Place and TIKI Magazine release after party the DING DONG DEVILS will be playing in the Hidden Village at Don's right after the ITMP! This is a FREE show, so plan on sticking around after all the day's events and party with all of us starting about 5pm! There may even be some drink specials......

TM

Woohoo! Ding dongs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DUHPfCgc6I

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2013-04-04 15:11 ]

The DDDs! in the house! yes sir-ree

This is going to be a great event! I only hope I can make it down for some of this! Months ago I booked a big photo shoot, LONG before we knew exactly when this issue would be released. Between Viva Las Vegas and Mojave Oasis, THIS was the weekend that worked for everyone! (Well, ahem, ALMOST everyone!) And I can't bail on my photo gig commitment, so.. I just hope my shoot doesn't last all day long!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2013-04-05 07:50 ]

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! Tomorrow.......WooHooooo!

Vendors: Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Baypark Buzzy, Bosko, Bowana, Chandler Art of Paradise, Crazy Al, Dave's Island Instruments, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Eric October, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Krisdrama, Lake Tiki, Mahalo Tiki, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Nelson's Tiki Hut, O.C. Breeze Newspaper, Ron Senso,Retro Ruthie, Scootiki, Smokin Tiki, Spike & Dinah, Sven Kirsten, Taboo Island, The Schmaltz Family, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Farm, Tiki Magazine/Dawn Fraiser/Rob Kramer, Tiki Pops, Tiki Tony, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, and Tom Hofer.

This is a Family Friendly Event: Kids Free $10 Admission CASH ONLY

T

My supplier finally sent me the large red glass floats. Will have the four he sent me plus some new sizes on lighted puffer fishes. I can hardly wait for tomorrow and all the excitement it brings. See Ya all there.

See everyone tomorrow!
Here's the final clay inventory.
Everything is handmade and fired at cone 10.

Coconut mugs - $25
Boboai - $25
Spiral tumblers - $25
PNG tumblers - $35
Petroglyph bowls - $35-$70
Spiral bowl - $50
Tapa bowls - $40-$110
Vintage aloha shirts and dresses - $25-$50

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 5, 2013 5:03 PM

Very nice Rockin' Roots.

Man I wish work would stop getting in the way of these great events
have fun all..

jon

We can't wait to get to Marketplace to see all our friends. We saw lots of HB Tikis things for sale today. It's gonna be a blast again! Wendy

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.