Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

First off, we want to thank the OVER 420 guests in attendance at our event yesterday! That's by far the largest amount of people we've had and I think an indicator of the direction we're going and the very cool group of vendors, artists, musicians and friends we have! And THANK YOU Don the Beachcomber for allowing us to hold this event at the last true Tiki Temple on the West Coast! Stay tuned....The Best is Yet to Come!

O

Had another awesome time, can't wait until the next one. Unless it's during the summer and they haven't fixed the air. Then I may wait lol.

RD

Thanks Chris for organizing another great Market Place.

Wow, that was a lot of fun. Thanks to Chris and Karen and all of the folks at Don's for another great event. Getting bigger and better every time. Already looking forward to the next one.

A-Frame, great to see you again! (photo courtesy of Scott M.)

DC

I had an absolute BLAST at yesterday's International Tiki Market Place! Big thanks to Chris and Karen for all their hard work in putting on this event! It's so cool to have so many talented artists and so many passionate tiki fans packed into such a historic tiki establishment.
It's for all these reasons that I travel over 2000 miles each way to be a part of the event, and it's something I really look forward to being a part of! I want to thank all of my wonderful West Coast friends for all of your compliments and your purchases yesterday! All of the late hours painting and the sore back and arms are worth it when I get to share the finished pieces with you all. As always, it's an honor to have a place in your homes! I hope to see you all again very soon!

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: Lake surfer 2013-04-08 01:39 ]

Had to rest up after that ITMP!
Thanks to Don's, Chris & Karen for making this event happen
So many of our Tiki friends came out and it was great seeing everyone!
as always the best group of vendors around!
And a big shout out to the "Ding Dong Devils" for ending the day in an explosion of fun!

Jungle Ginger thanks all the wahine who picked up some of her custom hair flowers
keep an eye out for a ITMP episode of "Lost in Paradise"

G
GROG posted on Sun, Apr 7, 2013 12:53 PM

GROG lost 20 pounds sweating in that sauna.

TM

S

I stuck close to my booth (which happened to be conveniently close to the bar), so I didn't get many photos. This one was the view from my booth.....pretty nice! I had a great time! Thanks to Dons, Chris & Karen, the musicians,vendors and guests.....see ya next time!

Long days are back and it feels like Tiki season has arrived (but did it ever leave?). Mahalo everyone for a great day at the Marketplace!

Not pictured: The cool Hanalei Hotel sign I picked up. :D

kevin

I hope to get here some day soon...looks like the ultimate Tiki Shopping Mall. GREAT JOB Chris & Karen!!! Thanks to everyone for posting pictures.

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to The Ding Dong Devils for entertaining us all at The International Tiki Market Place After Party last night. You All Sounded Tiki-rrific in The High Chief's Room.....WooHoo!

T

It just gets better and better for the vendors and the guests. Great job Chris and Karen. Thanks to all the guests that that purchased my puffer fish in my new sizes (11" and 15")I sold out of those sizes.

Picture courtesy of Chris Bonomo.

Chris also did a nice job on a video clip of the event that he posted on utube, you can take a look at :

Lost In Paradise: International Tiki Marketplace u tube

Another terrific tiki party. Thank you Soccer and WooHoo, Wendy and Dan

C
Chippy posted on Mon, Apr 8, 2013 3:09 PM

What another great event. Thanks to all the vendors, attendees, the staff and everyone at Don's and especially to Soccer Tiki and Woo Hoo Wahine for putting on this great event. Thanks to everyone who came by to visit me at HB Tiki's booth. Also a big thanks to Tiki Diablo and Tiki Tony. Great pictures. I cannot wait until the next one.

And a big shout out to The Ding Dong Devils. What a great way to end the evening.

Thanks to Chris for putting this event on again! It is always a blast! And a big thank you to those who came by and said nice stuff about my signs and carvings. It was really humbling. It certainly drives me to create more midcentury tiki-modern signage!

Thanks again, friends!

T

Another great ITMP. Thanks to Chris & the DTB staff for a job well done. Thanks to those of you who stop by & had words of encouragement for my lamp designs & router carvings. It really means a lot to a new guy. Thank you to those that bought lamps.
Mahalo

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 8, 2013 10:56 PM

Spike, the Kissing Booth wasn't the same without Dinah there. You still did pretty good though. GROG would've preferred without tongue, though.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 8, 2013 10:57 PM

Damned Tiki Central double post!

[ Edited by: grog 2013-04-09 03:23 ]

HT

Take what you can get Grog, and be happy.

AF

As seen during the ITMP last Saturday @ Don the Beachcomber, Sunset Beach, CA

Lot's of great photos posted here & great hangin' with you DC!

Its really quite the scene isn't it! Thank you Chris and Karen for having me. I really appriciate it. I was busy non stop signing stuff and barely got to circulate the room. So I'm sure I missed out on seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones. Didnt get the chance to actually vend what I brought with me but was able to connect with peple who will probably be future patrons.
Lovely to see you all, wish there was more time for visiting. Maybe someday I can come back and just be a regular vendor.

T

On 2013-04-08 17:24, Luckydesigns wrote:

These signs are the coolest!!
I want one.
Can these be purchased from you here?
Great job!

OOOHHHHH all the tiki goodness makes me swoon!

I'm so going to have to plan a major road trip! I swear. Thanks for posting the pictures everyone!!!!!! So nice! Everything looks great. What a talented bunch you are!

I'd probably pass out from all the excitement. (You Californians won't understand, you are used to all this tiki wonderfulness!)

:)

C

Thanks again to everyone. Great pics Kevin and Anders.

Just wanted to say thanks again to Chris, Karen, the DTBC staff, other vendors and tiki ohana for making this such a great event. It was great making new friends and catching up with old ones. See everyone next time!

Great pictures and stories! A great day with great people. NOW......FOR THE NEXT DATE......JUNE 8th 2013. Stay tuned for details!

But will it be "Tiki" Chris?

C

I guess I know where I will be spending all my birthday money.

HT

Chippy, since you will have just had a birthday, you can now ask for a Senior discount and you can apply for a AARP card.

C

On 2013-04-12 18:05, HB TIKI wrote:
Chippy, since you will have just had a birthday, you can now ask for a Senior discount and you can apply for a AARP card.

Ha Ha Ha Roger. Still have one more year to go before I can take advantage of those benefits.

Mark it on your calendar!!!

HT

Cannot wait until the next ITMP on June 8th, new items in the making and a case of new Gecko Mugs will be there.

Because I love spending a whole day in airplanes and airports...

Lake Tiki is back again in June!

Some new things in the works... Also wondering what you might like to see?

Taking requests!

See you soon!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: revbambooben 2016-03-26 07:47 ]

Nice!!!! :D. I am hopeful I will make this one.

The weekend BEFORE the ITMP we are promoting a great show at Don the Beachcomber...Mike Keale direct from the island of Kauai where plays regularly at Tahiti Nui...The tickets are only $20 and if you make dinner reservations you WILL get preferred seating! Get your tickets here: An Evening with Mike Keale

HT

Less than 4 weeks until the next ITMP at Dons. Here are some items I will be bringing to the ITMP at DTB on June 8th. Surfboard stands with name of beer on it.

WooHoo! Only 1 Month Away......

On 2012-01-21 14:18, SoccerTiki wrote:
Just when you thought it couldn't get any better!...

What: International TIKI Market Place
Who: Over 40 Tiki Vendors, Live Entertainment & MORE!!!
When: Saturday, June 8th 2013 from 11am to 4pm
Where: Don the Beachcomber, Hidden Village and High Chief's Room
Cost: FREE! You pay $10 admission and get $10 voucher for food and/or drinks!!!
Why: In line with Donn Beach and his founding the International Market Place in Hawaii in 1956, we bring the International Tiki Market Place to Don the Beachcomber.

*This is a Family Friendly Event!! Kids Free!!

Only a few more weeks until the next International TIKI Market Place! June 8th is the date and Don the Beachcomber is the place!

Here is the current list of vendors:
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Bosko, Bowana, Dave’s Island Instruments, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Eric October, GoTiki, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, John Fulton, Krisdrama, Lake Tiki, Mahalo Tiki, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Mrs. Bong, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, O.C. Breeze Newspaper, Retro Ruthie, Scootiki, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, The Picture Show Gallery, The Pod King, The Schmaltz Family, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Magazine, Tiki Pops, Tiki Tony, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, & Vintage Surf Art

Everything from Tiki Mugs (both vintage and new!), Carved Tikis, Vintage Clothing, Custom Ceramics and Lighting, Original Artwork, Hawaiiana, Ukuleles & Other Island Instruments, Polynesian Knick Knacks, Exotic Woods, Fishing Floats, Carved Signage, Magazines & Newspapers and MORE!!!

And, of course live Hapa Haole music by our own Smokin' Menehunes and Kimo's Hawaiian Steel!!

Come meet your friends at the International TIKI market Place Saturday June 8th @ Don the Beachcomber!

WooHooo! The International Tiki Marketplace is the Perfect Place to Shop for Gifts for Dads & Grads.

C

Less than two weeks to wait.......

B
Bowana posted on Sat, Jun 1, 2013 6:41 AM

B
Bowana posted on Sun, Jun 2, 2013 7:13 AM

Stoked to be returning to my 4th ITMP!

No easy feat when you consider I live 2,070 miles away!

I will have some all new creations from my "Legends of Tiki" series, celebrating the imagery and signage of Polynesian Pop icons!

These pieces went quick at the last sale in April, so head over to my table early!

Can't wait to see everyone again!

[ Edited by: lake surfer 2013-06-14 09:28 ]

Hang out after the Market Place for a psych night with Xemu Records.. live new psych rock bands and DJ's spinning 60's rock and acid rock until last call.. All ages and a good time for all. Don The Beachcomber - June 8th, 7pm

[ Edited by: DeadMeadow 2013-06-03 03:26 ]

WTF! That's the "Tonga Room" in the poster & not "Don the Beachcomber"!
guess someone was high on acid....

B
Bowana posted on Mon, Jun 3, 2013 5:34 AM

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies