Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 07:48 ]

Thanks for "Infomizing" me, Benster!
see you at the ITMP!

On 2013-06-03 13:22, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2013-06-03 03:30, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
WTF! That's the "Tonga Room" in the poster & not "Don the Beachcomber"!
guess someone was high on acid....

ATP- Dead Meadow are Tiki Freaks!

They have a Bamboo Ben Tiki Bar and more in their studio!

Just think of it as Martin Denny on Acid!

Would loved to stay and see this after ITMP but have to go the opening
of a private bar I built. Next time!

This is the 2nd of three shows Dead Meadow and their management are doing at Don's. They are REALLY into the "tiki" thing and love DTB. I am glad I have the privilege of being part of their shows! As Ben says...It will be a show much different than we're used to, however they'll bring a lot of people in to party and enjoy the last West Coast Tiki Temple that IS Don the Beachcomber.

See you all this Saturday for the International TIKI Market Place....Everyone who is someone (and not at the Hukilau) will be there!

I am bummed I will be missing the ITMP again. But on a great note, I will be up in San Jose picking up my lamp from Woody and chillin with him for the day.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Fun for you!
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2013-06-07 10:36 ]

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 07:49 ]

B
Bowana posted on Tue, Jun 4, 2013 5:38 AM

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Fun for you!
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

[ Edited by: revbambooben 2013-06-07 10:36 ]

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 07:50 ]

B
Bowana posted on Wed, Jun 5, 2013 5:39 AM

I'll be at Hukilau this weekend, but you could pick up some of my prints and pendants at HB TIKI's table at the Marketplace. Including KU OF REFUGE.

T

In addition to my glass floats and puffer fish lamps,

I will be selling cement Moai's

and smoking pipes, bowls made of hardwood.

Both new items made by an artist from Redondo Beach.

B
Bowana posted on Thu, Jun 6, 2013 5:39 AM

B
Bowana posted on Fri, Jun 7, 2013 5:43 AM

T

On 2013-06-07 05:43, Bowana wrote:

I believe thats - Supah Dupah! :)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 07:50 ]

HT

Do not fret, I just received a box of Tiki Mugs from my friend Gecko. Here are a few of the mugs in the picture that will be for sale at the INTM at DTB. Also in the box is a series of different proto-type mugs. The table and lamp with the Duke Uke will also be for sale.

T

Aloha everyone! I just finished up a few new lamps, take look.

I have a pair like this.

This is another new one.

This one is reduced to $50.00

Here are a few I have left from previous sales.

We have a lot of new knick knacks for you all to check out. We also have 2 new vintages dresses.
See you tomorrow!!

`

The weekend is here!!! 11am the fun begins!!!

Here is the current list of vendors:
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Bosko, Bowana, Dave’s Island Instruments, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Eric October, GoTiki, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, John Fulton, Krisdrama, Lake Tiki, Mahalo Tiki, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, O.B. Tiki, Retro Ruthie, Scootiki, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, The Picture Show Gallery, The Pod King, The Schmaltz Family, Tiki Broker, Tiki Pops, Tiki Tony, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, & Vintage Surf Art

Everything from Tiki Mugs (both vintage and new!), Carved Tikis, Vintage Clothing, Custom Ceramics and Lighting, Original Artwork, Hawaiiana, Ukuleles & Other Island Instruments, Polynesian Knick Knacks, Exotic Woods, Fishing Floats, Carved Tikis & Signage and MORE!!!

And, of course live Hapa Haole music by our own Smokin' Menehunes and Kimo's Hawaiian Steel!!

Come meet your friends at the International TIKI market Place Saturday June 8th @ Don the Beachcomber!

Stop by and say "HI"!

S

We'll be there!

with a few more friends

at the International TiKi Marketplace

Here are just a few of the items I will have available tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

T

Aloha everybody!

Here are a few new things I'll have at the Marketplace tomorrow!

A Caliente Tropics platter that was not finished in time for Caliente this year... based on the original outrigger and sail signage for the venerable Palm Springs establishment!

Plus some new PNG inspired shot glasses... I couldn't decide on a color, so I did one of each in my three favorite go-to tiki glazes!

And some more Marq Shotglasses!

See everyone tomorry!

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2013-06-07 23:06 ]

B
Bowana posted on Sat, Jun 8, 2013 5:51 AM

Woohoo...What a Day! Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone who made the trek to Don The Beachcombers for The International Tiki Market Place today. We hope everyone had as much fun as we did. A Giant Mahalo to All The Vendors & The Don The Beachcomber's Ohana for helping to make this event such a Huge Success. See you at The Next International Tiki Market Place on July 20th.

Thanks to all the nice folks & friends who came out & bought our crap
It's great to see the vendors who came from far & wide also (Lake Surfer, Buzzy & all the L.A.Ohana)
who came to hang with all us beach rats!

thanks to Chris,Karen & all the great folks at Don the Beachcomber!

Mark It On You Calendars......The Next International Tiki Market Place will be on Saturday, July 20th. The Best is Yet to Come.......WooHoo!!

H

The Greeters

H

The Mug Makers

Don's Poster and Mugs

Horne Head

VIP Guest

Heads Up

Lots OF Deals

AF

As seen last Saturday inside Don the Beachcomber, Sunset Beach, CA

Great pics A Frame :D. Hope to make it out to the ITMP in July.

Great pics A-Frame. Another great marketplace by Chris, Karen and all the special folks at DTB. I hung my float that I purchased from Jason, Smokin Tikis. Every home bar should have one.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:29 ]

HT

Great pictures A-Frame, thanks. Such talent, only thing you do better is make Tiki Lights.

Chris and Karen... Awesome job once again! I still say... One of the top tiki events in the country! It was really cool having the whole family out with me this time... Jen and Riley enjoyed meeting so many of you! Thank you to everyone for your kind compliments and purchases! A Frame... Awesome pictures as usual!

Hope to see everyone again this fall! I'm planning on coming out again in September!

On 2013-06-11 10:24, Lake Surfer wrote:
Chris and Karen... Awesome job once again! I still say... One of the top tiki events in the country! It was really cool having the whole family out with me this time... Jen and Riley enjoyed meeting so many of you! Thank you to everyone for your kind compliments and purchases! A Frame... Awesome pictures as usual!

Hope to see everyone again this fall! I'm planning on coming out again in September!

THANK YOU for making the Trek out to Cali!! See you in September :)

If it's not already on your calendar (July 20th 11AM), it should be! With over 40 vendors and LIVE HAWAIIAN ENTERTAINMENT and all of Don the Beachcomber's great drinks and food, this is not to be missed! Don't forget, your friends will be there enjoying themselves, so come say "Hi" to everyone (and me too!) :P

We have a very special treat for all attendees on the 20th!!! Ka'amea will be performing live from 12-3pm! You don't want to miss these guys! They can be seen performing at all the Big Southern California Hawaiian events (or Ho'olaule'as as they are referred to!)

And Kimo will keep the atmosphere alive in the Hidden Village with his Hawaiian Steel!

PLUS....Over 40 Vendors (list coming soon!) And all of your friends will be there! We hope you will too! Come by and say "Aloha!"

More info coming soon!

Mahalo Nui!
SoccerTiki & WooHooWahine

T

I'll have hand netted bottles available at the next International Tiki Marketplace! I might have some as lamps, too!

We'll be there...need to buy more Tiki stuff to restock the Lagoon and palapa bar out back. Looking forward to seeing ya!!

On 2013-07-06 08:21, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:
We'll be there...need to buy more Tiki stuff to restock the Lagoon and palapa bar out back. Looking forward to seeing ya!!

We're looking forward to seeing you!!!

hottiki thank you so much for posting all the photos of the last event. We live in Northern California and can't make it to everyone and your photos helped to take the sting out. This event is so super cool. Terrific things to buy and lots of people to hug. Soccer and WooHoo you started something GREAT! Wendy and Dan

To:
The Governor of HI, The HI State Senate, The HI State House, The Queen's Health Systems, Queen Emma Land Co.
City and County of Honolulu, Department of Planning & Permitting, The Honorable Shan S. Tsutsui, Lieutenant Governor, State of Hawai'i, The Honorable Kirk Caldwell, Mayor of Honolulu

The International Market Place is a landmark, in its own right. It is one of the few, remaining places that make Waikiki unique from other mainland cities. Tourists do not need another department store while visiting Hawaii. If they do, there are shopping centers and other areas in Honolulu where big businesses have taken over the local flavor of the Island. Please do not take the International Market Place away from the tourists and locals, alike. It is a shame that Waikiki has been dubbed "The Rodeo Drive of the Pacific." That is not something we should be proud of and need to be promoting. Please reconsider your agreement with Saks Fifth Avenue and help keep what little charm and uniqueness Waikiki has left to offer. Mahalo nui loa.

Sincerely,
The ITMP

Don't think I'll be able to make this next one on account of Comic Con. Don't suppose you Tiki mug vendors have a list of what you'll have that day? Always on the lookout for sold out Tiki Farm myself

[ Edited by: Cargo Cult Leader 2013-07-08 01:48 ]

Sadly, Comic Con will stop me from attending as well. I had a good streak going and I wish I could be there. It is always a ton of fun, not to mention a great place to shop. I hope someone else will go for me and I will do my best to make the next one.

Thanks SoccerTiki and WooHooWahine for putting together this great event!

WOW! First KTLA, Lost in Paradise & now Magic Tiki!!! Check this out: Magic Tiki Visits the International TIKI Market Place Then relive these: KTLA Tiki Marketplace and this classic: Lost in Paradise at the International TIKI Market Place

Are we having fun, OR WHAT?!!! I just want to say MAHALO again to all of you who come and enjoy the International TIKI Market Place from the wonderful vendors, awesome attendees, The Staff of Don the Beachcomber (Delia et al) and of course my beautiful wahine Karen! With that I say "WOOOOHOOOOO!"

Come out and see your friends JULY 20th 11am to 4pm...And don't miss Kimo and Ka'amea Hawaiian Entertainment live!

(vendor list coming soon!)

T

The Magic Tiki!!

SF

I can't get enough of Magic Tiki!!

I like that Magic Tiki is a little punk with that studded collar
but Magic Tiki that's not "Steve Cooper" that was me ATP
the most hated man on Tiki Central!

See you next Time!

T

On 2013-07-09 17:34, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
I like that Magic Tiki is a little punk with that studded collar
but Magic Tiki that's not "Steve Cooper" that was me ATP
the most hated man on Tiki Central!

See you next Time!

You should get that Trademarked for here

ATP
The Most Hated Poster on TC!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies