Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,033 replies

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 07:52 ]

On 2013-07-09 17:34, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
but Magic Tiki that's not "Steve Cooper" that was me ATP
the most hated man on Tiki Central!

At first I thought it was that Chuck Tatum is Tiki guy. What the Hell ever happened to that A-hole?

Magic Tiki is very entertaining, love that magical little wooden dude.

HT

Please show some respect. Chuck Tatum died on the operation table 2 years ago having surgery to enhance his his package. We still miss you Chuck.

Chuck is dead & Zed is dead.....

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 07:53 ]

On 2013-07-10 15:46, HB TIKI wrote:
Please show some respect. Chuck Tatum died on the operation table 2 years ago having surgery to enhance his his package. We still miss you Chuck.

I used it solely as a term of endearment. :drink:

On 2013-07-10 22:08, RevBambooBen wrote:
Trying to get my Mom to come vend with me this time. If it works out, bring your Tiki Modern's for her to sign.

And a hell of a nice lady too!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 07:54 ]

I am 95% sure I'm making it down to ITMP this time. So its safe to say I will be seeing you there. :D

WooHoo! Only 1 More Week :)

On 2013-07-09 17:34, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
I like that Magic Tiki is a little punk with that studded collar
but Magic Tiki that's not "Steve Cooper" that was me ATP
the most hated man on Tiki Central!

See you next Time!

http://youtu.be/ZYsQmI45d98

Magic Tiki!
I do accept your very magnanimous apology indeed!
& as such I have called off my plans to have you abducted
flown to Hawaii, Be the MC at a tourist "Luau", then thrown into a live volcano.

As I am told this is the only way to "whack" a Magic Tiki?
but instead as head of the "Atomic Tiki Punk" Clan I invite you into our inner circle
to be trained in the ways of Mayhem & Cocktails and learn the martial art of "unfriending"

or just drinks if you prefer.........again Kudos to you, sir.

Here is the updated list of Vendors for the July 20th International TIKI market Place:

Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben ,Baypark Buzzy, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Fancy Fruit Jewelry, Focetiki, Eric October, GoTiki, Gundor Records, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Honi Koni, Hottiki, Hula Girl Shave Ice, Humble Poi, Johnny Velour, Kingfish Vintage Stuff, Krisdrama, Mahalo Tiki, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Mimsy B.’s Kitsch Corner, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, O.B. Tiki, Retro Ruthie, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, The Picture Show Gallery, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Pops, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vintage Surf Art & more!!!

Stay tuned for updates!

On 2013-07-13 13:06, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Magic Tiki!
I do accept your very magnanimous apology indeed!
& as such I have called off my plans to have you abducted
flown to Hawaii, Be the MC at a tourist "Luau", then thrown into a live volcano.

As I am told this is the only way to "whack" a Magic Tiki?
but instead as head of the "Atomic Tiki Punk" Clan I invite you into our inner circle
to be trained in the ways of Mayhem & Cocktails and learn the martial art of "unfriending"

or just drinks if you prefer.........again Kudos to you, sir.

ATP,
I didn't know yer name was Steve Cooper?
Wtf? Witness protection now?
Jeff btd

[ Edited by: Bigtikidude 2013-07-14 08:22 ]

Sorry double post

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2013-07-14 06:22 ]

P

Sorry to be missing the Tiki Market Place at Don's on July 20th. I will be on Oahu that week. The event has become bigger than everyone's expectations. Mahalo to Soccer Tiki and Woohoo Wahine for all their hard work making it happen.

On another subject, I attended two wonderful parties this past week. One in Palm Springs and the other in Rancho Santa Fe. Hostesses and guests had so much aloha.

Mahalo and a hui hou !

On 2013-07-14 08:11, Palika wrote:
"Sorry to be missing the Tiki Market Place at Don's on July 20th. I will be on Oahu that week. The event has become bigger than everyone's expectations. Mahalo to Soccer Tiki and Woohoo Wahine for all their hard work making it happen....

Mahalo and a hui hou !"

Mahalo for those kind words Palika! You will be missed BUT we know you will be back! Enjoy Oahu as we once again bring the feel of the International Market Place in Waikiki to hundreds of California residents!

Unfortunatley I won't be able to make it to the Marketplace this time around. The Hula Girls are playing a street fair in Long Beach (The Party at Pine) during the day with Deadbolt and Hellbound Hayride... BUT we WILL be back in the Dagger Bar THAT night at 9:00!

Hopefully some of you might stick around for some night time fun with us as well!
Have fun at the Marketplace!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 07:55 ]

On 2013-07-15 10:23, RevBambooBen wrote:
I'll be bringing my Mom with me this time 7/20 so bring your Tiki Modern books for her to sign (page 6).
We'll also have the 8x10's available too !! :wink:
See ya'll this Saturday!

This is great news! What a grand addition to the International TIKI Market Place! She is a wonderful Lady and has such a rich history! (Not to mention she brought you into this world!)

HT

Will have Frames for the Shag Enchanted Tiki Room with Black Mat or Doug Horne Tiki with Dark brown mat in Black , Clear, or Burn Bamboo frame. Please PM me if interested. $50.00 for mat and frame. Must have your own print. At the ITMP at DTB July 20th.

[ Edited by: HB TIKI 2013-07-15 15:05 ]

[ Edited by: HB TIKI 2013-07-15 15:06 ]

I will have some new Tiki Earrings (and some old favorites) available for sale!

T

New Moka Nui, Lava Hiva, & Tuki Tuki tiki mug one off glazes for Tiki Marketplace Don The Beachcombers this Sat 11a Huntington Beach.

Also will have some hand painted chalkware Tangaroa masks, ready to hang.

WooHoo.....See You This Saturday!!

WooHoo…..Hope to See You This Saturday!!!!

What: International TIKI Market Place
Who: Over 40 Tiki Vendors, Live Entertainment & More!!!
When: Saturday, July 20, 2013 from 11am to 4pm
Where: Don the Beachcomber, Hidden Village and High Chief's Room
Cost: FREE! You pay $10 admission and get $10 voucher for food and/or drinks!!!

*This is a Family Friendly Event. Kids Under 12 are Free.

Vendors:
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben along with Special Guest: Ba Hedley, Baypark Buzzy, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Fancy Fruit Jewelry, Focetiki, Eric October, GoTiki, Gundo Records, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Honi Koni, Hottiki, Hula Girl Shave Ice, Humble Poi, Johnny Velour, Kingfish Vintage Stuff, Krisdrama, Mahalo Tiki, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Mimsy B.’s Kitsch Corner, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, O.B. Tiki, Retro Ruthie, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, Tiki Broker, Tiki Pops, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vintage Surf Art & more!!!

Entertainment: Ka'amea Live! Hawaiian entertainment with dancers! And Kimo on his Hawaiian Steel!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2013-07-18 08:41 ]

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jul 17, 2013 9:26 AM

On 2013-07-17 08:12, tikitony wrote:
New Moka Nui, Lava Hiva, & Tuki Tuki tiki mug one off glazes for Tiki Marketplace Don The Beachcombers this Sat 11a Huntington Beach.

No "S" on the end of Don The Beachcomber. I can see why you were an art teacher and not an English teacher. :D

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jul 17, 2013 10:43 AM

On 2013-07-15 10:23, RevBambooBen wrote:

I'll be bringing my Mom with me this time 7/20 so bring your Tiki Modern books for her to sign (page 6).
We'll also have the 8x10's available too !! :wink:

Will she also be signing copies of her issue of Playboy? GROG understand it's one of the rarest issues ever printed. GROG have two copies.

HT

ATP will be unhappy because he will not be able to get up and sing Disco tunes in his new Disco Bell bottom shorts.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jul 17, 2013 11:42 AM

ATP is always unhappy, so there's nothing new there.

HT

For Saturday at the ITMP I will have small quantity of Gecko's two new Tiki Mugs , please get there early because quantity is limited. I will have them in my booth, HB TIKI.

On 2013-07-17 11:42, GROG wrote:
ATP is always unhappy, so there's nothing new there.

I am happy in my unhappiness.....

K

One of the shirts that will be for sale on Saturday

K

I have 6 pieces of Witco i will be bringing to the Marketplace

kingfish, did you iron that shirt?

K

Have not ironed its a Large size

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:26 ]

HT

Gecko has sent a small quantity of his two new TIKI MUGS for the ITMP at DTB on Saturday July 20th. The KU is $25.00 and the KA'OHA is $40.00. Please get there early because quantity is LIMITED.

T

Here are three new lamps I'll have this Saturday.

Will also have some of the remaining lamps & all of our shirts & dresses.
See you Saturday!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 07:56 ]

F

TikiPops, you always have such cool, innovative lamps! I lvoed the one with the glass mosaic fish you had a few months back.

On 2013-07-18 09:46, TikiPops wrote:
Here are three new lamps I'll have this Saturday.

Will also have some of the remaining lamps & all of our shirts & dresses.
See you Saturday!

F

Love that 8' line of masks. More great stuff, as always, Ben.

On 2013-07-17 19:59, RevBambooBen wrote:
A couple new things just baked in the oven...

A long stick of tiki masks just under 8'long

More mug shelves Outriggers and V's

Bamboo and Tapa hangers. Hang from ceiling, add twinkle lights or drop lite and Bam!!!

A 6' long fish trap style hanger! Hang from ceiling, add twinkle lights or drop lite and Bam!!!

More sooooooooooooooooooon.

p.s. I need to run out of this orange paint to be able to move onto something else!!! :wink:

Some of the items I'll have at this months Marketplace.

Work in progress for the show. See it LIVE tomorrow!!

Lots of my limited edition prints, old and new.

"Kahiki Memories"

"The Tiki Ti, Building a Better Tomorrow"

"A Mai-Tai for the Monster"

Stop by my booth and say hi. I'm in the back near the fire exit. See ya soon!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jul 19, 2013 10:03 AM

On 2013-07-19 09:41, Swamp Fire wrote:

Work in progress for the show. See it LIVE tomorrow!!

You forgot something.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jul 19, 2013 10:18 AM

On 2013-07-19 09:41, Swamp Fire wrote:
I'm in the back near the fire exit. See ya soon!

Oh great. They probably have Soccer Tiki by the other fire exit, so they've got the two biggest guys in the place blocking both exits if we have a fire!

Also, somebody should have them turn the air conditioner on NOW, so it's cool enough by Saturday to move around without becoming a puddle of sweat.

On 2013-07-19 10:18, GROG wrote:
...Oh great. They probably have Soccer Tiki by the other fire exit, so they've got the two biggest guys in the place blocking both exits if we have a fire!

Also, somebody should have them turn the air conditioner on NOW, so it's cool enough by Saturday to move around without becoming a puddle of sweat.

Grog-The Tiki Gods have heard your requests and will make sure the fire exits will be clear and the air conditioning will be on full-force! And WooHooWahine will follow you around with a palm frond to fan you and keep you cool!

Also, you can relax and enjoy the wonderful Hawaiian entertainment by Ka'amea who will be playing in the dining room.

And if that's not cool enough...check out all of these tikirrific vendors: Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben ,Baypark Buzzy, Dee Cache, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Fancy Fruit Jewelry, Focetiki, Eric October, GoTiki, Gundo Records, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Honi Koni, Hottiki, Hula Girl Shave Ice, Humble Poi, Johnny Velour, Kingfish Vintage Stuff, Krisdrama, Mahalo Tiki, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Mimsy B.’s Kitsch Corner, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, O.B. Tiki, Retro Ruthie, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, Tiki Broker, Tiki Photo Booth, Tiki Pops, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Tony Marsico, Trader Pup, Vintage Surf Art & more!!!

And if you're still hot...stop by the Hula Girl Shave Ice booth!!!!

See you Saturday!

WooHoooo!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jul 19, 2013 11:23 AM

Thanks Chris.

If you're going to list vendors, you should put Jungle Ginger's name before ATP because she 's sweet and he's a crotchety old bastard and you don't want to scare people away.

What an all-star line up of vendors. This is gonna be fun!

DC

On 2013-07-19 13:57, Dustycajun wrote:
What an all-star line up of vendors. This is gonna be fun!

DC

Looking forward to seeing you Scott!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2033 replies