Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

I'll have these salvaged rum & grog vessels available... very limited supply!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 07:58 ]

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 07:58 ]

On 2013-07-19 11:23, GROG wrote:
Thanks Chris.

If you're going to list vendors, you should put Jungle Ginger's name before ATP because she 's sweet and he's a crotchety old bastard and you don't want to scare people away.

I am going to make you wear the "Gimp Mask" all day Ernie, the one with the zipper for a mouth
all day........ :D

Is "Magic Tiki" going to be there?

On 2013-07-19 21:42, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

On 2013-07-19 11:23, GROG wrote:
Thanks Chris.

If you're going to list vendors, you should put Jungle Ginger's name before ATP because she 's sweet and he's a crotchety old bastard and you don't want to scare people away.

I am going to make you wear the "Gimp Mask" all day Ernie, the one with the zipper for a mouth
all day........ :D

Get a room you 2,
:roll:

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jul 19, 2013 11:42 PM

Be sure and wash it after you take it off BigTikiDude. Will GROG have to wear the assless chaps also? Because GROG definitely won't be able to fit into the ones you have on BTD.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 07:59 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jul 19, 2013 11:58 PM

We do Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who gets to be the dom. BigTikiDude is easy to beat, because he ALWAYS throws rock, the first time. It's a bit trickier with ATP and GROG.

You guys make me laugh! Grog you feel up to visit to Don's tomorrow?

I will have some rare Tiki Farm Mugs for sale tomorrow
and a few vintage, under Ooga-Mooga & eBay prices.

Jungle Ginger has tons of new hair flowers for the ladies
with lots of new styles.

See ya all tomorrow!!!

[
[
WooHoo.....Today's The Day!!

WooHoo…..Hope to See You This Saturday!!!!

What: International TIKI Market Place
Who: Over 40 Tiki Vendors, Live Entertainment & More!!!
When: Saturday, July 20, 2013 from 11am to 4pm
Where: Don the Beachcomber, Hidden Village and High Chief's Room
Cost: FREE! You pay $10 admission and get $10 voucher for food and/or drinks!!!

*This is a Family Friendly Event. Kids Under 12 are Free.

Vendors:
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben along with Special Guest: Ba Hedley, Baypark Buzzy, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Fancy Fruit Jewelry, Focetiki, Eric October, GoTiki, Gundo Records, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Honi Koni, Hottiki, Hula Girl Shave Ice, Humble Poi, Johnny Velour, Kingfish Vintage Stuff, Krisdrama, Mahalo Tiki, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Mimsy B.’s Kitsch Corner, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, O.B. Tiki, Retro Ruthie, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, Tiki Broker, Tiki Pops, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vintage Surf Art & more!!!

Entertainment: Ka'amea Live! Hawaiian entertainment with dancers! And Kimo on his Hawaiian Steel!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2013-07-18 08:41 ]

[
[
WooHoo.....Today's The Day!!

WooHoo…..Hope to See You This Saturday!!!!

What: International TIKI Market Place
Who: Over 40 Tiki Vendors, Live Entertainment & More!!!
When: Saturday, July 20, 2013 from 11am to 4pm
Where: Don the Beachcomber, Hidden Village and High Chief's Room
Cost: FREE! You pay $10 admission and get $10 voucher for food and/or drinks!!!

*This is a Family Friendly Event. Kids Under 12 are Free.

Vendors:
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben along with Special Guest: Ba Hedley, Baypark Buzzy, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Fancy Fruit Jewelry, Focetiki, Eric October, GoTiki, Gundo Records, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Honi Koni, Hottiki, Hula Girl Shave Ice, Humble Poi, Johnny Velour, Kingfish Vintage Stuff, Krisdrama, Mahalo Tiki, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Mimsy B.’s Kitsch Corner, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, O.B. Tiki, Retro Ruthie, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, Tiki Broker, Tiki Pops, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vintage Surf Art & more!!!

Entertainment: Ka'amea Live! Hawaiian entertainment with dancers! And Kimo on his Hawaiian Steel!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2013-07-18 08:41 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 08:00 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 08:01 ]

Great to see your shinning example of Motherhood, Ben
thanks to her again for the photo!

Big thanks to all the folks who stopped in to see us (Forgotten Tikiman I looking at you!)
and Chris & Karen for putting on this event!

Grog looks good, by the way, I think he could handle "Dom" without any problems!

T

Another great day at the ITMP! Thanks to all that stopped by our space. Chris, Karen & the DTB staff, Thanks again!!

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo! to the over-300-attendees, wonderful vendors (both veterans and newbies), and Ka'amea at the International TIKI Market Place yesterday!!! And thank you to Kimo for providing the right ambiance with his Hawaiian Steel!

And thank you to our Don the Beachcomber Ohana! They did a wonderful job making sure all the guests had plenty to eat and drink!

It was great to see so many friends and so many new faces! We can't wait til next time!

So....The next International TIKI Market Place will be Saturday, September 7th!!! Mark your calendars now!

See you in September!
SoccerTiki and WooHooWahine

http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com
http://www.tikioasis.com
http://www.facebook.com/InternationalTikiMarketPlace

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2013-07-21 07:50 ]

Awesome Signing with Bens Mom, I forgot my BOT and my Van's to give to Tiki tOny next to the front door so I wouldn't forget to bring them along :/ Ben it was wonderful to chat with your Mom again. I hope there will be more opportunities for that book signing. Such a fun spent with friends & picking up some tiki goodies too!

Yes, BEN'S MOM!

It was our first time, it won't be our last! It surpassed every expectation! Everyone, the vendors, staff and attendees alike made us feel right at home. Definitely worth the drive from Nor Cal! See you all next time!

It was my first time attending as a vendor, and I loved it! Thanks to all that stopped by and checked my stuff out! I'll be back for the next ITM!

All of you have no idea how much it stinks to see all these wonderful tiki events happening in CA....but live in Ohio. sigh
As you make your treks to tiki bars, have a cocktail for your tiki-establishment-less friends! :wink:
Good thing my husband and I have a tiki lounge our house- otherwise depression would be overwhelming! :wink:
Mahalo!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jul 24, 2013 1:33 PM

SEPTEMBER 7th?!! You expect anybody to have any money after Tiki Oasis or any vendors to have any inventory left? Well, maybe Bamboo Ben because he's so fast he could fill a warehouse in a week. And, maybe Ruzic because his sheer volume of artwork, he could never sell enough to not have any inventory. But, maybe that would be better for what vendors do have inventory. Fewer vendors to compete against, more money for the few that do have stuff! :D

BV

On 2013-07-24 10:37, Tiki-kitty wrote:
All of you have no idea how much it stinks to see all these wonderful tiki events happening in CA....but live in Ohio. sigh
As you make your treks to tiki bars, have a cocktail for your tiki-establishment-less friends! :wink:
Good thing my husband and I have a tiki lounge our house- otherwise depression would be overwhelming! :wink:
Mahalo!

I hear your pain! I moved from California to Idaho. We have the Reef. The drinks are fine but no Tiki -files to chat with. No funny creative types that make me smile. I have to go get my fix once a year at Tiki Oasis. I highly recommend you two come out for that one.

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.