Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Who here isn't going to watch the Super Bowl?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 143 replies

If I am well (damn flu).
I will go down to Huntington Beach to see the multiple surf bands
playing for the HB Marathon.
After I will go to Slatters 50/50 for a 2/3 lb. burger.
Then go home and sleep while my dad watches the Super Bowl
For the commercials.

Jeff btd.

I gotta say nothing fills me with more dread
then sitting in a bar with a bunch of drunk pro sports fans
and then after-wards hoping to hell they don't riot!

It's entertainment guys. As with anything in life you can focus on the negative or you can focus on the positive. There are people in every walk of life who whine. There are, as well, those who are humble and appreciative for the good life they have. Your life, your perogative.

W

Why...I'd never thought of it like that before! I just felt my heart grow three times larger!

Yea, until they riot & burn your car......stay positive my friends.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Feb 2, 2013 1:09 PM

That's futball. This is football.

W

Brilliant point!

For those curious about the differences, here's how you say GROG's name in football:

GROG.

Here's how you say it in futbol:

GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG!!!

On 2013-02-02 10:30, woofmutt wrote:
Why...I'd never thought of it like that before! I just felt my heart grow three times larger!

HA!!!!
love it.

Jeff(btd)

TM

No footyball for me today! Just got back from watching an ice hockey game. Now there is a real sport!

I just hung out at the local Fight Club all day, but not suppose to talk about that.

I'm a NY Giants fan so I didn't care much about the game although my preference was for the Ravens.

They won. And so did I!

That safety score me 500 big ones.

Which is going to buy me a lot of tikis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only thing of the stupid bowl I saw was them standing around waiting for the rest of the lights to come back up, as I was eating dinner at the dinning room table.
Then back to the computer room before it came back on.
I don't know if its over,
if its done, who won.
and don't care.

T

Well watching the Super Bowl isn't all bad. The first half was turning into such a blowout that for the for the first time in I don't know how long, I put pen to paper and started sketching again. Think Marquesan tiki, '60's longboard, psychedelic japanese blockprint bigwave and.. damn I'm rusty! It looks like sh*t. But at least I have an idea and I started. So it's good, and due, in part, to boring football.

aloha, tikicoma

[ Edited by: tikicoma 2013-02-03 22:52 ]

W

So is this thing on every week?

I thought the blackout portion of the game was a good idea.

So what is anybody's preference this year on Feb 2?
Watching a football game with a team that has a cornerback namedRichard Sherman?

or going to the Disneyland's Enchanted Tiki Room and listening to songs composed by Richard Sherman?

What's so super about a bowl?

TM

I just totally hate football and basketball.....zero interest!

Now soccer and hockey....that's a different story! I watch the hockey channel almost every day!

Superbowl, Schmooperbowl! The sporting event of the year happened last Saturday (Jan 25) when NHL hockey was played at Dodger Stadium!
Ducks beat LA Kings 3-0 on Dodger Stadium ice

This is the future predicted by the Jetsons TV show!

W

I live in Seattle and I think the local team might be in "the big game." I'm not sure as there hasn't been much to-do made bout it round here.

TM

On 2014-01-27 14:10, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
Superbowl, Schmooperbowl! The sporting event of the year happened last Saturday (Jan 25) when NHL hockey was played at Dodger Stadium!
Ducks beat LA Kings 3-0 on Dodger Stadium ice

This is the future predicted by the Jetsons TV show!

real men play real hockey!

:)

The only real sport is the "The Most Dangerous Game"

This is goin around

As usual, I will down to Huntington Beach.
Ride a bike along the HB Marathon route on PCH,
Every 2 miles or so they have a surf band playing.
I'll check out each band for about 30min. Then on to
The next. After that maybe go to Slaters 50/50 burgers.
Then go home n sleep while the game is on.

On 2014-01-27 20:20, Jungle Trader wrote:
This is goin around

Hopefully to the left.

:left: :left: :left: :left:

[ Edited by: lunavideogames 2014-01-29 00:43 ]

I might go to my friends place whom is hosting a party. I will eat food and drink booze and play dominoes and not watch tv... Okay maybe a couple commercials.

Here is the Super Bowl I look forward to

looks pretty damn good Bushwich

TM

On 2014-01-31 11:49, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
Here is the Super Bowl I look forward to

Are you going there?

Not able to get to Trader Sam's on the Superbowl Sunday to indulge in the Uh Oa! bowl. And it is NOT true that Disneyland is less crowded on Superbowl Sunday.
Snopes: Disneyland on Superbowl Sunday
But always looking forward to one when I can get there.

TM

I might make one myself then. I have the bowl, all I need is the recipe!

I am getting ready not to watch the Super Bowl...

Didn't watch it but last night my local bar bought me drinks and wouldn't take my money unless I picked a square. I picked one square for $10 since they wouldn't let me pay for drinks. No clue how to play until I won $500! Funny thing is that I don't watch football. Also I always win. I tried not to play and I was surprised they even wanted me to.

TM

I was not going to watch it, but I ended up watching it....what a massacre!

Hmmm, I'm not sure about watching a Super Bowl that bills itself as Ex-Lix

[->>King Bushwich 33rd on Hulu.com

Is it that time again?
Well I can't wait, not to watch it again this year!

When I use to live in LA, I would go to the Getty Center/Museum on Super Bowl Sunday. It was always the best day to go. It was mostly just European visitors who obviously didn't care about the Super Bowl. No lines, easy parking.

Oh my god... This year I found a new and deeper hatred for the fooseball.

My in laws were in town for a month this fall. They are from Green Bay. Need I say more? I will go on anyway. One of my local bars is a Packers bar. Every Sunday, I had to get my butt out of bed and go down to this packed bar with a bunch of yelling meatheads and cackling, beer guzzling "ladies." Did I mention that this bar ONLY serves beer? Every week I wished I was awake enough to have remembered earplugs before heading down to the bar.

I am in the minority, but I really can't see why football is the most popular sport in our country...

That being said, I am sure I'll be at a superbowl party. I will just be making drinks instead of watching football. Oh yeah, Taylor Swift in the half time??? Kill me.

I usually go to the huntington beach marathon in the morning and watch some surf bands play along the route.
but this year I'm going to skip that.
thinking of going to the movies or something that people are usually doing,
and enjoy them not being there.

Jeff(btd)

cool thanks

I've really come to appreciate the Stupor Bowl over the past few years. You just have to accept it for what it is: a four hour celebration of the start of 6 glorious football-free months!

was painting SO much that it took until 4pm that day to realize there was EVEN a Superbowl on that day! I AM gonna watch all of the "Katy Perry Satanic Illuminati Symbolism during Halftime" Youtubes,tho!
far more rewarding than joining a Nation-wide commercialized adrenalized display of aggression....
StuporBowl,now THAT's an idea worth trying!

The Super Bowl has been with us for 50 years. Some people in the Bay Area are not that excited about it.

Alamo Square Super Bowl Statue Knocked Over, Sign Rearranged To 'Oops'

[->>King Bushwich 33rd on Hulu.com

When izzit? I’ll be busy working on my Rum Barrel recipe.

K

the what?

I don't know about the Super Bowl but I would like to see these modifications...

Saboteurs Change 'Super Bowl' Lettering At City Hall To 'Sup Bro'

Pages: 1 2 3 4 143 replies