Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Honu Hideaway

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 345 replies

Next time we travel to Las Vegas a stop at your home will be the highlight of our trip. Art swaps are so much fun. Wendy

Wendy and Dan,
You are welcome anytime.
The bar is always open!!!

Just got back from 16 days on Oahu
came back with a few items for the bar...

And this was waiting for me at the post office

thanx Wendy

Started on the 4th wall.
I decided to put up a small shelf for all my menus.

Nice

Your room is so wonderful. You are great at adding the perfect touch. Wendy

Your bar is looking good. You're giving me some ideas. We were in Hawaii in July and went to La Mariana too. I regret not buying any souvenirs now but I got a mug at Tiki's Grill and another one from a collectibles show. We also bought some tiki stuff at Alii Antiques in Kailua. I was trying not to blow the budget on tiki stuff. Slow and steady wins the race...

Wendy and Wade- thanks for looking...
ATP- you da man...

Got the 2 pictures up my lil wife found...

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2013-01-25 23:12 ]

W

Love that rail with the bamboo. Cool idea!

Chris

More please, Wendy

Beautiful work -

I can almost hear the drums and breaking of waves in the distance.

Chris / Wendy / HTT- glad u like

Just made my home version (attempt) of the Hilton Hawaiian Scratch Mai-Tai...mmmm

Then I pulled out the paint to take care of a 2nd faded coconut mug I found.

I had to get Grog to my home bar somehow....

jon

That is just darling. GROG is huggable.
Time to post garage photos.

Wendy

Thank you Wendy, that was a quick fun project.
I will post the garage pics soon...

Found a lot of good stuff from a Hawaiian lady cleaning house...
(posted under tiki finds)

All cleaned up and in the bar.

Jon

Love the Grog Mug Jon :lol:

:)

Hi Jon, that's a wonderful style of furniture and it looks great in your tiki room. We are looking forward to visiting you. I hope you can make it to Caliente. Wendy

Nice haul on the furniture!!!

WENDY- Glad you like the new items, you and Dan are welcome anytime.
See you at Caliente or sooner...
VAMP- Glad you like too. Next time your in Vegas, let me know...
The bar is always open.

Great day, I received my 2013 Sea Creatures of the South Pacific Art Swap piece from AnthonyMaye today...
It rocks...

Thanks again Anthony...

Jon

T

Jon, the bar looks great. Love how the Art Swap piece conveniently had a perfect place to fit in. :) Very cool stuff.

TikiAno- thanx

Well it was time to clean up the garage...you know what that means :)

It's a start...

(since it's my garage and there's not much light the ceiling and cabinets staying white :))

TIKI GARAGE!!!!!

Looks good! Someday I will have to check out your bar and you can check out ours.

Any time

W0W-haven't been here in a year or so - LOVE that roofing over the door - that's the idea I'm taking from here. I see you have moved on to the garage :wink: When the tikiness begins to spread out of the tiki room my wahine calls it "tiki creep", and yes there is some tiki in every room. You have also inspired me to get more creative for our next house. Thanks!

Awesome trim work! Love the smell of burnt wood.

Chris

glad you like the painting did you find the hidden tikis in the box its a bit late to bring it up now but their were two resin tikis in there.
if you meet up with Mahalotiki have a tiki bandit for me at frankies.

Thanx Holler
Thanx Dad
Anthony, holy crap,
I was so excited about your KILLER painting I didn't even look in the rest of the box, poop.....
:x

jon

After recently spending a lot of time at Trader Vic's :) I came up with a new project.

Fish trap!

What do I use???
How about an old broken window covering I took down last year...

Nice job. I had the same bamboo blinds and the wind broke them. I also repurposed them at my bar.

S

Very clever hang10tiki. Looks good.

Great idea for the fish trap! Looks great on your ceiling.

What is the black ring you used in the middle? I'm having a hard time telling from the picture.

Dale

SirWadeOfTrailerparkTiki- just couldn't throw it away, I knew it would come in handy somehow.
TheDukeOfSwizzle- thank you sir, means alot coming from you. Your Bob 'O' Nut is killer, I need to get one in my bar.
TheEarlOfLittleGiles- I should have thought about it more, I used some drippler irrigation watering tubing. Now that I look back I should have used something that would have kept the round shape better. But it worked out ok.

Thanks for looking guys...

Jon

D
Dagg posted on Fri, Apr 5, 2013 9:40 AM

That's awesome Jon, very creative!

T

Wow, Jon... it's been a while since I peaked in to see what you've been up to in your Tiki oasis, and you have surely been busy! I really like what I see! That Tahitian fish trap was inspired!

-Tom

Dagger- thanks for lookin

TikiTom- glad u like

Next lil project:
I have collected another large batch of stir sticks and its time to get them up on the wall...

Row 1 done

Good idea. Quick and easy artwork for the walls.

since I don't have any stir sticks, take a really good picture when you finish and I'll just print it out. HAHA

Dale

Dale- a photo? I'm sure we can do better than that... :)

Done

She's up!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2013-04-29 09:54 ]

Nicely done. Looks great on the wall like that.

Liking the matches on the wall next to it also. Never saw matches displayed like that. I'm use to a pile in a fishbowl.

Dale

The Duke of Dale- thank you sir, glad u like

Jon

You really make swizzles worth collecting. I like the thingy on the ceiling too. I need help with my vocabulary. See you soon, Wendy

Thanx WendY
U cute

Got a few new items up

Put up 2 floats (non-lighting)
Heavy lil dudes

Jon

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2013-07-06 14:20 ]

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jul 6, 2013 2:40 PM

Nice balls.

The collection is really coming along nicely, Jon.

Fab Fab Fab...I need to frame my small collection of Swizzles...yours looks great. Wonderful collection and you do a wonderful job of displaying it.

Grog- silly caveman
ATP- thank you sir
Vamp- get those swizzles up, it's a quick and fun project

Little detour outside, I wanted some color by the pool but no glass, hmmmmm, lets try a toy ball (easy Grog) :)
And hats off to you float makers (skip) not easy...

Jon

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 345 replies