Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

forum troubles: messages not being posted

Pages: 1 3 replies

I've seen a few posts here recently regarding people who wrote up a message but it didn't get posted...

I'm trying to track down the source of this. If you experience this, please post a message in this thread about it or send email to me.

In the meantime, please take note of the following:

1. After you hit "submit", please note whether or not following page says "Your message has been added to the database" or words to that effect. if it does not, it probably did not get posted. Click back and try again.
  2. Make sure you log in before you press submit. To be on the safe side, you might want to use the "log in" button at the top of the forum before writing your message. We've had some members who entered the wrong password, pressed submit, and did not notice that their password was wrong.
  3. Because web browsers can be wacky for various reasons, the longer your post, the riskier it is. I've been known to compose longer posts in my email program then spell-check, then copy and paste into Tiki Central.

We'll get this nailed down... just hang in there.

~Hanford :drink:

This happened to me a few days ago, but I just thought TikiCentral had a special filter that caught any posts that were overly stupid! :wink:

I did try paging back and re-submitting the post but it didn't work, even after a couple of tries. No great loss, though, as it was just a small post.

Trader Woody

Hanford I wrote you the other day about a post not showing up.
I was logged in right, then hit submit, the screen went blank except in one corner or another it said phpBB then a little further away it said the phpBB group.
When I finally hit the back button, the post did not exist.
Since then I have had no trouble

I know you should not have to do this but on long or important postings you can highlight then copy just before submit just in case?

Mahalo to you
Baxdog

[ Edited by: thebaxdog on 2002-06-26 07:22 ]

When you say blank, do you mean a white page?Can you try this for me?

1. Log out. (it's an option in the upper right)
  2. Click on the New Topic button.
  3. For the password enter gibberish.
  4. Don't worry about writing a message.
  5. Press Submit.

Notice when doing this, the error screen comes up white with a black box. Is this what you got?

There's actually an error message in that box, but it's also black, so you can't see it. (This is a bug in the forum code, Im' working on fixing it).

~Hanford

Pages: 1 3 replies