Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 457 replies

C
cy posted on Tue, Jul 3, 2012 7:50 PM

Great work Tigertail! It's tough when you are painting in the negative like you did off that dark background.

Very cool Tiger! I think there is a great play between the light and the shadows.

:tiki: ALoooHA! :tiki:

Been lying low and makin’ clay
This time to go all the way
Tweedle-dee Dee and Tweedle-dee Dum
Volcano, Fire, Pele...
Can I play and have some fun?

Kele and Sophista looks like you have been to the same place. How different and special they are.

Tiki Skip very nice.

Tiki G huge impact with all the fire.

bb moondog more photos please.

tigertail you sure know how to work velvet. Your lighting is very good.

Traveling Jones I mentioned you on my thread a few days back and here you are. I'm guessing a lamp???

LoriLovesTiki I look for your photos often.

This is one of the best Mike.

Jonesy, I had faith that you would be popping in soon. Can't wait for the next "teaser shot"

BT

Good to say I finally got around to actually making a piece. This'll be my second swap.

I'll get pics next week when I'm back in class and I'm at the teachers mercy when it comes to glazing, but that should happen before the cutoff (it better as my piece has 'pele swap' carved in the bottom already) :D.

danlovestikis wrote: ...here you are. I'm guessing a lamp???

...or maybe a propane-fueled torch lighter! :wink:

MadDogMike wrote: I had faith that you would be popping in soon.

Yep, kinda like a Navy submarine on patrol! :lol:

More to come...

Badd Tiki, can't wait to see what you're working on :D

Hmmmm.... interesting Jonesy, what it that clay material? Sculpty? Magic Sculpt? Looks to shiny to be ceramic clay.

I didn't realize Pele had a nut sack??

Nice background!!

******************** :tiki: ALoooHA Tom! :tiki: ******************

The story of Pele's skull involves 2 black obsidian skulls; a large one and a smaller one that "was Pele's skull when she was a little girl". I made a second one so I would have a complete set :D

Today is ONE MONTH to the Art Swap deadline

I count 8 finished projects and another 9 in progress – it’s shaping up to be a nice Swap! If you are finished you can kick back and enjoy the art rolling in. If you’ve started and not finished it’s time to crank it up a notch. If you haven’t started it’s not too late to get in on the fun.

Remember that finished pictures have to be posted here by August 8th to be included in the Swap. I’ll do the draw within a day or two so that people traveling out of town for Oasis on the 16th will have time to get their packages in the mail. If you have any questions or problems, please send me a PM.

Mike

The natives grieve when the white men leave their huts,
Because they're obviously, absolutely nuts.
Only Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun!

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2012-07-08 07:42 ]

Sorry Mike but I've been wanting to share this photo for years. Traveling Jones here is your model. Dan

I'm confused, is that Dan or Travelin' Jones? :lol:

Swing high
Swing low

:lol: :lol: :lol: ** SsweeetT! tHaNkS Dan!!** :lol: :lol: :lol:

C
cy posted on Sun, Jul 8, 2012 5:00 PM

Can we please get back on task class? My pappy once told me "Son, procrastination is the thief of time."- Still not sure what he meant by that but here is my late entry, Pele, Queen of Lightening, Volcanos, and things that go Boom! (Including more than a few husbands.) I found a nice frame and will dial this in a bit more than figure out colors and screen print it on glass.

Cool Cy, the hibiscus in the hair is a nice touch.

T

I think I'm done now.
May add some ribs, Maybe no.
Comes with an over ten foot long cord, Plus a bit of chain to hang it with.

:tiki: Reeeally NICE artwork'z everbuddy, AYE CANDY!! :tiki:

back on task at hand...

Jonsey you are such a tease! Wendy

I think it's a bong for Pele, the goddess of ALL things smokey :lol:

Lookin great everyone

Sssmokin'... Bing-O! Bang-O!! Bong-O!!! :lol:

So this is what you kids have been up to?

Z

The last pic I posted is the finished piece, 8X10 acrylic with assorted ephemera...I might make more ephemera to add...Everyone is really bringing their "A" game to this swap! Woo-hoo!
~Zero

my piece is done I just have to get a decent pic.

On 2012-07-12 16:35, Sophista-tiki wrote:

Well.. I'm waiting! :D

I have the semi lazies today, only got the vintage car washed. painted the mailbox, ordered 13 yrds of fabric, started 4 paintings, pulled some weeds, watered, went to the store, played with Ru, ate a sammich, and told on some guy who was parked in the fire lane behind my house.

OK, I guess I can wait 'til tomorrow :lol:

BT

On 2012-07-12 16:35, Sophista-tiki wrote:

Me too ...almost...

It was bisqued and came out alright. We were doing our first glaze project 1 hour before it came out of the kiln so it didn't make it through the glazing project. Hopefully within a week.
Always forget to charge my camera batteries too...

here ya go. its a nice peaceful dusk volcano scene. as usual I find it difficult to photograph the depth of the colors and when you see it in person its more vibrant.

C
cy posted on Fri, Jul 13, 2012 11:07 AM

Beautiful and moody!

Absolutely beautiful Dawn! Someone will pick a winner with that swap!

BaddTiki, do we get a snak peek?

Dawn, It's beautiful & so "you." I would know it was yours even if your name wasn't by it!
~kele

[ Edited by: waikikianmoekele 2012-07-13 15:38 ]

Great painting Sophista

How about an artists rendering Mike?

I call it Luva for 2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sukratcc3ynbq5x/lava.jpg

Bendy straws, fire and concoction not included. The volcano can be removed for cleaning. Actual glaze colors may vary.

I'm quite pleased with how it came out (so far, cross fingers for glazing), I may have to hammer out a few more similar pieces and try my luck on etsy/ebay.

I used Biz Bod clay for the bowl, a nice grey, low grog. And Mtn Stone for the volcano, red clay with a lot of grog. The lava and the tree trunks may stay base clay colors. Not sure, we have a nice dark red glaze but not anything really bright orange.

Threw the bowl and carved trees into it. The volcano was thrown in 2 pieces, the base and the 'shot glass' top. Then combined. The volcano has two slots for liquid transfer and 2 straw holes.

--edit-----
Arghh, Dropbox changed their layout and ever sicne it is impossible to get a link to work :(

[ Edited by: Badd Tiki 2012-07-13 17:33 ]

Badd Tiki the concept sounds great but I can't see the picture. Looks like it might not dispaly because it's password protected?

BT

trying again...

Very cool, can't wait to see it.

Sophista- freekin awesome

Badd- hope it's about 5 feet long, could use a drinking vessel like that in my pool

Lookin good

:)

Badd Tiki the drawing looks good enough to frame I'm so looking forward to your ceramic version.

Sophista Tiki beautiful as always.

August 8th will be here soon, Wendy

my phone took a crummy picture but it HAS been begun!

better detail soon

bb moondog looking good, Wendy

Everyone's pieces look SO great! I'd be thrilled to have ANY of them!

I've been steadily working on mine, but gravel (bead) art takes a long time. Here's a progress shot from today. Everything in the picture is finished except the ominous sky & then I need to 'tikify' the frame.

~kele

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 457 replies