Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 457 replies

Bongo, looking at your background wall I'm reminded of the ancient Chinese provereb ~ "The man with one clock always knows what time it is, but the man with 2 clocks is never quite sure" :lol: That lamp looks great there

I can see that ancient chinese man on two of BB's shelves.

We are so happy with this swap, good job Mike. I've shipped to CY and we have opened our box from him and grinned like fools. Photos soon.

Cheers, WEndy

Yes, thank you so much Mike! This was a good swap and a good opportunity to be creative. And Tikiskip, so glad you found a good place for Pele... she can be temperamental as well as seductive. :wink:

This corner of "THE HONU HIDEAWAY" shall forever be known as MadDogMike alley

Looks great Mike, thanx again

"Hay Mikey, he likes it"

Mikey DOES like it! Looks great Jon, just like it belongs there.

It sure is fun seeing the art in its home. Dan's working on the right place for CY's work of art but he was able to immediately hang one of the shirts on his body! He's holding mine. Thank you CY for the extras. We are now bonded for life, Wendy and Dan

BT

My Lamp just arrived in the mail from Traveling Jones. I got a crazy lightbulb from him too several days ago... was starting to think someone might've nabbed the box off my doorstep.

But it came today and the pics he showed before really just don't do it justice, it's an awesome piece.

Unfortunately he got my lava bowl and it looked like someone stomped the package and the bowl was broken inside... I did have it insured but now the post office wants 'proof of price'... grrr.

I messaged Dawn but wanted everyone to know that I got my gorgeous painting from Sophista-Tiki! Once it is in place in my hut I'll take a picture. I'm contemplating making a split bamboo frame for it myself.

My package is on its way.

Thanks again, Mike!

yay cant wait to see.

my swap prize arrived today. safe and sound, here it is tahdah!

Everything looks so cool in it's new tiki homes. Here's my Pele from Jon contemplating a dip in the pond (I talked her out of it :D )

C
cy posted on Sun, Aug 26, 2012 5:07 PM

Thanks so much to Wendy and Dan for the fantastic Pele mug and the added War God bank, perfect size danlovestikis tumbler and autographed tiki card! I could not be happier with my swap!

Dawn,

I am relieved that she and her volcano survived their trip across the country!

WHEW!

CY the photo is so much fun to see. I do wish you were in it. It was a terrific swap and we too loved your art and I want to find out your secrets. Wendy

Cy has a secret batcave with sheep in it who wander around bleating at the press stations. :wink:

Kinny!
received your wonderful art offerings today! YaY! pics soon!
~kele

Howdy Pikey, I got your beautiful mask today, a couple of the smaller flame points got broken so I'll wait on posting pics till I get her fixed up and put into her place of honor. Gotta say it is really an incredible piece can't wait to get her put on the wall. :)

PD

On 2012-09-04 18:20, tigertail777 wrote:
Howdy Pikey, I got your beautiful mask today, a couple of the smaller flame points got broken so I'll wait on posting pics till I get her fixed up and put into her place of honor. Gotta say it is really an incredible piece can't wait to get her put on the wall. :)

Sorry to hear that it arrived damaged, but so glad to hear it's repairable...

I also got my trade from you the day before and will post a picture once I've cleared a space for it.

Cool trading with you.

Z

On 2012-08-30 01:46, tigertail777 wrote:
Cy has a secret batcave with sheep in it who wander around bleating at the press stations. :wink:

...Those aren't sheep.

Z

Oh, by the way...SENT!

Well it took me a while to figure out what kind of glue would work to put the broken pieces back together on Pikey's wonderful piece (super glue would not work) but I finally got it back together and hung in it's place of honor above the towel rack in my bathroom. As you can see it goes perfectly with the orange paint of the bathroom. :)

Thanks for the awesome trade Pikey! :)

Very nice, a perfect fit and wonderful art. Wendy

:tiki: MAHALO'z Badd Tiki for recreation of this magical volcano bowl! :tiki:

...for those unaware, BT'z first bowl was destroyed in shipment. He graciously created another and shipped lightning fast via gorilla-proofed container!! :D :drink: :D Cheers! :D :drink: :D

Looks great

AWESOME!! Beautiful bowl! I think this wraps up all the exchanges for this Swap. What a great experience for everyone involved (including me :D )

I plan to start up a new Swap about the beginning of November and ending the end of January. If anyone else is interested in taking the lead, feel free. It's not really very time-consuming or difficult and YOU get to choose the theme :)

Mel and I have already exchanged, however I have not framed her gorgeous painting yet. So in retrospect here are my glamor shots of my piece.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 457 replies