Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 457 replies

Tom and Anthony, Lookin good guys! You are onn fire!

"Come", says Pele..."Open your eyes..."

Great updates everyone,

I did a lil work yesterday

I'm going with the Disney Pele on the front...

And a Volcano on the back...

I know where I want to swim next time we are in Las Vegas hang10tiki.

This is so much fun to see the variety for this swap. I just came in from the garage after working on my contribution. It's roughed out.

Start with one Bob mug.

Work on some peaks and valleys for the lava to run down.

My swap partner will need to use a straw or will find out fast this is a dribble mug.

Here I began to build Pele.

I thought about leaving off the boobies but decided I owed them to my fans!

The clay is really sticky right now so I'll round out and fine tune those points later.

Now I'll put these and some other photos on my crafts thread. Cheers, Wendy

Wendy,
Da pool is always open...
Your mug is lookin great, outstanding idea...(AGAIN)

Lil more today

Z

WOW, guys!!! Amazing stuff from everyone! Greg, the volcano beckons! Wendy................Wow. Again, wow.

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2012-05-15 19:47 ]

Zero - I'm not sure I want to drink from Pele's Bowl!
Hang10 - Your DL Pele is really coming along
Wendy - Amazing

Creativity is flowing like lava in here - a little slow at the start but UNSTOPPABLE!

On 2012-05-15 20:29, MadDogMike wrote:
Zero - I'm not sure I want to drink from Pele's Bowl!

:lol:
~Zero

PS to wendy.......
BOOBIES!!
:P

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2012-05-15 22:11 ]

TikiG- is it just me or do I see a few hidden tikis in your cool Volcano painting

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2012-05-17 11:13 ]

The bar is high on this swap---I am having a blast! There is some beautious work going on here...

"I will light your way," she says.

Like a Hawaiian Prometheus bringing fire to the mortals :)

Z

Fire! Fire! FIIIIIIRE!!!

"let Pele transform you..."

Well i have the day off i am finishing up my car for a show tomorrow and i might Finnish the drink in helmet!?!

heres a pic of the car

its all tikied out
enjoi

ZeroTiki - look more cool with each step.

Anthony - pufferfish, hand grenades, skulls, Pele helmets, tiki Minis, "I

T
TikiG posted on Fri, May 18, 2012 5:28 PM

@hang10tiki - you got it!!

Well I think I'm finished with it can't imagine much more to do with out over thinking it hope you all enjoi
Its more of a DRINKING helmet i wouldn't trust the thing to protect you from a fall off a curb much more than a bike
thats the front

the side

and the back

Enjoi

Great project Anthony - waaaaay outside the box and that's a wonderful thing! Love the lava writing! It's for that age-old saying "I don't have a drinking problem; I get drunk, I fall down - no problem" With the patented AnthonyMaye Pele Drinking Helmet you can protect your brain while you poison your liver!

Agreed! That is some awesome lava helm!

"bring me the fire..."

[ Edited by: zerotiki 2012-05-19 11:09 ]

Great stuff so far everyone.

That helmet has got my name ALL over it :D

Hmm, just started a ceramics class... And I have some chunks of wood to carve....

I just ordered 6 colors of orange and red stained glass mosaic tiles :D
Working on some ceramic test glazes too.

I have the veleveteen, and just got a staple gun. Gotta build the frame then I can staple the velveteen to it and get to painting. This is going to be fun! :D

Way to go T.T.77! Thanks again for taking the time to do this, MDM!
Almost finiched.....

"and Pele will smile upon you."

I love the little menehune skulls around his neck! :lol:

Edited to correct gender :D

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music" Friedrich Nietzsche

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2012-05-22 11:59 ]

On 2012-05-22 10:46, ZeroTiki wrote:
"and Pele will smile upon you."

She looks a like scared and bewildered??

This is the Fire Bearer, who is a little concerned that he is trying to appease Pele with a small bowl of fire...

Pele would have been painted way hotter.

...and she'd have Boobies.

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2012-05-22 11:45 ]

"for the Fire Bearer will be watched over by Pele".

Watched closely, indeed.

See? Boobies!

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2012-05-23 00:18 ]

Sneaky! :lol:

Such cool art for such a hot topic. You guys are making me work to keep up. I've finished the sculpt. I plan to use glaze and cold paint to make this one pop.

ZeroTiki I'm in love with the necklace with all the new colors.

anthonymaye the helmet is so unique and fun. The tiki needs braces!

hang10tiki that branch has come to life. I have that mug it would be so cool to have the carving.

MadDogMike you can forge certificates for my art any time. Pele sure had a pretty skull.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2012-05-23 07:50 ]

WoW! Everything I'm looking at looks so fabulous. I'm working but nothing to show yet. Soon, very soon...

Wow every thin looks so good zero love the volcano eruption, wendy the pele bob is incredible and i can't wait to see the table Mike

Thanks! Loving the Bob, the helmet, the carve...I mean, this is a rocking good swap!

And of course, a zerotiki swap item would be incomplete without hand made ephemera...

Some Grand Member is voting this tread up in the "Cool & Current" - Thanks :D

Sometimes ceramics project start rather boring, but they get HOT at the end! (get it? :roll: )

Test tiles for Hawaiian red volcanic soil. Testing texture, glaze fit for this red clay, trying to get same thickness as stained glass tiles, 16 different glaze combinations (4 per tile) including gloss and satin clear over 8 colors

Very nice Mike. I need to do more experimentation. The swaps going full force and lots of fun to watch. Thank you again so very much for the photographic studio. I'm keeping it put together as I finish the wish list. Wendy

Wow, everything is lookin kool here.

MDM, seems as if we are both doing some color tests.

Keep up the good work H10T

This material has a little more interst to it.

I didn't order enough stained glass tiles, back to the mailbox

Hey MadDog, your table is going to rock/glass. Wendy

MDM,
your table is gona kick glass

let there be paint...

still have a long way to go...

Nice colors Jon.

I'm making progess, but still a long way to go too.

Roll, trace, cut, flip & number, dry, repeat.

looks like a lot of cuts MDM, watch those fingers...

lil more paint today...

PELE side

Volcano side

Great colors Jon!

I've been doing a little glass cutting and a lot of clay cutting - I wonder if I'll ever get it pieced together :D

Very nice men. It's wonderful to see all the hard work you are putting into your works of art. Cool, Wendy

I have the frame for mine drying as we speak. Never built a frame like this before, I didn't realize how hard it can be to make all the edges smoothly fit together. Well once it dries I will use the new staple gun to staple the velveteen to it. :)

:music: She wore black velvet... :music:

Roughing in areas on my test piece. I'm making a 5x7" trial first to try out my ideas for a gravel art piece before starting work on my final 11x17" piece for the art swap.

~kele

Still working on the test 5x7. Glued the cording down. Not very exciting but this is where I am in the process. Tomorrow I get to start gluing the "gravel", i.e. beads & sparkly things!

Very cool Kele, can't wait to see how your test works out so you can move on to the real McCoy!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 457 replies