Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

tapahut

Pages: 1 2 3 106 replies

BK

Love it, Tom!

I need a drink in your bar...
:)

PP

where did you get your nautical pillars? or did you make those? Ive been looking for old telephone poles to no avail !! lol super cool pix, love the ship painting in the back too
paul

PP

also, what is the size of your bar room? it looks huge, if u don't mind me asking what was the room before??? love love love it!!!! wanna do the same to my garage once it cools down!!! thanks for the inspiration!!!!

paul

H

[ Edited by: hottiki 2015-10-13 19:50 ]

PP

cool, im coming out your way and hit your swap meets lol, cool stuff

Simply fabulous!!!!

Sweet
Getting in the car now :)

Ps- every time I go out sporting one of your necklaces YOU get a ton of compliments!

PP

On 2013-09-11 14:59, hottiki wrote:
Thanks Tigertail, I am I guess...it fills the day and makes me happy...it's good therapy mentally and physically. Running around to swap meets helps keep the blood pumping. I have met many interesting and remarkable souls in the course of Tiki hunting.

Hang10tiki...Any time your thirsty head on over !!

Pele Paul ....The pilings are yellow cedar that has been debarked, burned, and brushed. The reason Edison and the like refrain from giving out old poles is because of the creosote soaking they go thru. Somebody got some poles and burned them like firewood and ruined it for everyone. You can get a hold of a Tree Service outfit and beg some logs off them. To buy heavy timber and fashion pilings is almost cost prohibited.
The Tapahut is about twelve foot by twenty five foot and I am ready to maybe explan it's borders. It had been a Sunroom, all purpose room, library, catch-all, storage room type of place.
Yes !! The Velvet !!!... A good day at the swapmeet...a Velvet Tall Ship underway...for ten dollars...like I said, keeps the blood pumping !!

Thanks so much on the intel, lol, Ive got a funny story about Creosote, Ive got a vintage bottle of cough medicine, #1 active ingredient; Chloroform #2, CREOSOTE!!!! WTF??? doesn't surpres a cough, it puts ya in a Coma!!!!
well now I need to find some cedar logs, or maybe I'll start chopping down trees as I need them!!!
cant wait to see your expansion program on the bar, Im cleaning out my garage right now!!!!

Tom!.......just Tom! Hella-Cool, Daddy-O.

Paul,

I have two words for you... Peeler Cores.

What are they? The heartwood remnant of a log that has been planed down to create veneer to laminate into plywood. They have an unfinished surface that can mimic the appearance of a pier piling or telephone pole that hasn't been treated with creosote. They are generally sold by lumber yards or home improvement centers for use to construct rustic boarders for flower beds, retaining walls, fence posts/rails, etc. I think Home Depot may have pressure treated 6" dia. peeler cores in an 8' length for under $20. I've seen smaller dia. ones of cedar and some with flats cut into opposite sides (see above pic), but the larger, round ones are the ones you want.

And Tom, great job on your tiki space.

[ Edited by: Bruddah Bear 2013-09-12 16:10 ]

H

[ Edited by: hottiki 2015-10-13 20:10 ]

Awesome, Tom! Can't wait to belly up to that bar!

Lookin good bruddah

H

[ Edited by: hottiki 2015-10-13 19:42 ]

Tom-very cool!
I was happy to get a parrot for my lounge area. Fez Moai is a nice guy.

Love it, Tom!

FM

Wow, that is a serious bar! The barrel looks great hanging there and I'm glad you like it. We should hit up some flea markets together some time.

H

[ Edited by: hottiki 2015-10-13 19:44 ]

Now that's a cool bunch of righteous Tiki Folk!
Tom the Hut is looking Hut-licious too.

H

[ Edited by: hottiki 2015-10-13 19:48 ]

H

[ Edited by: hottiki 2015-10-13 19:48 ]

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2015-10-13 20:45 ]

H

[ Edited by: hottiki 2015-10-13 20:08 ]

How much rice would all that soy sauce cover?

Awesome.....

D
Dagg posted on Fri, Jan 31, 2014 10:29 AM

Looks like fun!

Love the space, cheers :drink:

Great looking place! And the barrel is killer!

Chris
WestADad

Be careful what you wish for, Tom. You just never know when I'll show up on your doorstep!

Fabulously cluttered...looks like good times in Tiki paradise!!!

WooHoo! I want to go on a Field Trip to The Tapa Hut :)

BK... you've got it goin' on!

T

This is awesome! Love it.. Love everything about it!

PP

I have only one thing to say..............................right click, save; right click, save; right click, save!!!!!! love love love it!!! ok, that's three things!!!!!

Tom built this masterpiece! All I did was take some photos. If it looks exotic & inviting, then I did my job, because it is!

L

Tiki museum or killer bar. Either way, you knocked it out of the park

-Longboard

So dense, so layered, so Tiki. Amazing!

M
Murph posted on Mon, Feb 3, 2014 4:02 PM

Love it!!!!

You got layers upon layers!

An amazing Collection.

Where do I sign up for a drink ticket?

H

[ Edited by: hottiki 2015-10-13 19:35 ]

Wow...I am speechless...just an awesome collection...and I dig that Bali Hai Guy!!!

PP

hey Hottiki, what was this room originally? Family room? also what are the dimensions of it, if you don't mind me asking?! Im so jealous of some of the folks who have basements on here! Id love to have a basement but then I guess Id have to put up with freezing cold winters, tornados and such!! Oh well, heres hoping I find a house with a 3 car garage!!!!

BK

Hey, Pele! I'll trade my basement for SoCal any day!

What's a basement?

H

[ Edited by: hottiki 2015-10-16 09:22 ]

PP

oops sorry, I totally forgot, that's what happens when you get old!!! you start to forget things................and.........................French toast please

BK

ATP, get on a plane & I'll show you when you get here!

T

On 2014-02-05 15:17, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
What's a basement?

Pages: 1 2 3 106 replies