Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Breezeway *New A-Frame pics up!* - Costa Mesa, CA

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 501 replies

P

Beautiful home! We're going to Palm Springs this weekend and this looks like the kind of place we dream is inside many of the homes we pass!

More progress on the tiki hot tub thing…

Here it is, all framed up and the panels being arranged around it. The deck getting measured too…

Progress on the deck...

Finished the deck yesterday around noon...

Finally got to nail up all of the panels and do some 1" bamboo trim!

Here it is, lit up with red rope lighting. The rope light will be hidden by the 2" jute rope that I have coming. Should finish it all off, nicely! Looks like a space pod though, right??

Love what you did with this! You're going to have to do something about that brick wall in the background though... the tiki is creeping out...

Yeah, now that the tiki stuff is spilling out of The Breezeway, I'm gonna have to do something with the rest of the backyard area...

Looks awesome. Sorry about all the extra work you'll have to do now. Damn the spillover.

-Dale

Is that the first Tiki Hot tub?
does anyone else have one?
nice,nice,nice!

That's pretty damn cool Spike. ATP is right. This may well be the very first Tiki hot tub. Too cool dude!! :D

H

That looks fantastic, Spike, well done! Are the carved panels visible at night?

How soon before someone's taking photos of pin-ups in that tub? :D:

Very impressive!!!

G
GROG posted on Wed, May 28, 2014 12:01 AM

On 2014-05-27 14:45, Big Kahuna wrote:
How soon before someone's taking photos of pin-ups in that tub? :D:

Your gonna need a lot of chlorine now......

"Long Pig Lagoon"

Got the rope on last night. I think I'm pretty much finished with it…. Unless anyone has any more ideas?
Humu, yeah, you can see the carved panels at night. They just don't photograph that well at night, with my iPhone.

You know I woke up this morning needing a Mai Tai.......and a soaking in a Tiki Hot-tub
maybe a nice club sandwich, served by Pin-Ups.....Is that Tiki?

If it's the hot tub at the Breezeway I think it's Tiki. Not sure about the club sandwich though...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I got some requests for a close-up view of the corners of the hottub deck. So here it is! My buddy, the amazing Eric Gonzalves of Advanced Building Ent., did the complicated cutting of the radius and the matching/ cutting to make everything fit perfectly. For any of your building needs, look him up. He's also built one hell of a '54 Chevy…

Did you glue the rope or nail it or both?

Looks great!

-Longboard

Screws! Long wide-headed screws!

G
GROG posted on Fri, May 30, 2014 9:46 AM

He was asking what you used to hold the rope on, not what you were planning to do in the hot tub.

D
Dagg posted on Fri, May 30, 2014 9:56 AM

On 2014-05-30 09:46, GROG wrote:
He was asking what you used to hold the rope on, not what you were planning to do in the hot tub.

ok that's funny!

LMFAO

Awesome, awesome job!

Nice, Grog!

PP

hot tub looks great!!! looks better with Grog in it!!! I need Gog to come hang out in my hot tub now!!!!

G
GROG posted on Fri, May 30, 2014 6:09 PM

Everything looks better with GROG in it, especially women.

We were hired by a tiki bar bus tour, to play a show in my backyard last night. First stop was Tiki Ti, then The Breezeway, and it ended at Don the Beachcomber.

After all 50 people left, it was late night hot tub party with our dancers. Super fun night! (L to R: Neva, Audrie, and Judy)

Spike,
Life can be tuff at times.
Cheers

PP

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 2, 2014 6:25 PM

Hahahahaha.....

EJ

Yeah, the group that everyone was scared of and pulled up a public profile on...
Chickens.

They were great and generous guests.

EJ

On 2014-06-03 13:57, Luckydesigns wrote:
Yeah, the group that everyone was scared of and pulled up a public profile on...
Chickens.

They were great and generous guests.

Glad that it worked out and that you were able to parlay it into exposing some more people to your music as well as tiki.

Yeah, it was great. Thanks, Jefe!

E

Loved watching your progress, great job! Wife and I laughed at how many times we spotted you Min-Pin Doggie in the background!!!!

Haha… he's always around, Tamminjoe!

T

Great job on the tiki hot tub thing.
Awesome work!!!

From last night's photoshoot with the gorgeous Angelique and Doris Mayday…

And now some behind the scenes photos from today's shoot with Vestige Photography…

Say hi to Miss Kristen...

Aloha from Tina Von Nekro.

The Breezeway pinup photoshoot marathon continues with the adorableKapuaokala!
Pineapples, anyone? Photo: Susana Vestige

One more from this week's shoots, in The Breezeway.
Miss Lindy Sue!

hey matt, I forgot to ask what did you use paint wise for the floor? reg cement paint? did you tape it off to look like a 60s era floor? thanks! place is looking awesome! love starting from page one and going through the entire build! it gives me all kinds of ideas for our huge yard!

thanking you in advance
paul

Thanks, Paul! Yeah, actually it's just normal house paint on the floor. I'd actually like to strip it all off and do a black high gloss cement coating eventually… The pattern in the cement was there from when the house was built in '61.

great to know! I wanna do the same outside, but I don't have the cool 60s era lines though! I do have some huge cracks, thinking of keeping them. did u use a sealer on it after you were done? id love to do a black high gloss, but the patio gets bright day light during most of the day, do it might get awfully hot! love to do the jade green color too

No, no sealer... It was a rush job to get it finished for a party. Kinda discoloring and coming off in places... For photoshoots, I wet it all down...

Some photos of the super gorgeous Doris Mayday, in The Breezeway.

You can buy that print from the photographer, Vestige Photography, here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/vestigepinup

So, my buddy, and amazing pin-up photog, Susana Vestige, and I have embarked on what should be a pretty amazing project... I'll hip you to it, as we get closer to completion. Till then, let me introduce you to some of our models...

Miss Lisa Love, ready to pounce! Lisa is an amazing model! So happy to have you on board this project!

The Hula Girls' own hula-a-go-go dancer, Miss Neva Moore, shooting for the top secret project.

Speaking of The Hula Girls' dancers, Miss Audrie Loaine!

My good friend, Aziza, during the top secret project in The Breezeway.

Alt/ tattoo model, Kristen Leanne…

This is the super gorgeous (and leggy) Ashley.

Another one of the ravishing Lisa Love.

Tara MiSioux was in our last burlesque show. Since then, her family and I have hung out just about every weekend. She likes Painkillers.

Mrs Lindy Sue did all of the hair and makeup on all of the girls… She's a great model too!

We still have three more girls to shoot. Stay tuned!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 501 replies