Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Breezeway *New A-Frame pics up!* - Costa Mesa, CA

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 501 replies

9 models photographed so far with 3 more to go = 12 models. Top secret project = 2015 Calendar??? Am I right? Do I win a prize (like a free calendar when it comes out)??? :)

Model and actress, Miss Kristen Kelly, photographed by Susana Vestige. Yowza!

Pinup Angel, Miss LeeAnne, in The Breezeway this weekend...

PP

its official..............I hate you!!!! jk
soooooo jealous, ive got to fix up my area so I can have beautiful ladies show up for photo shoots!!!!!
keep up the great work, so love your area guys!!!!!

paul

J

While hard to not look at Miss LeeAnne, in this photo:

I see a tiki I hadn't noticed before in your photos...the one next to the bar there, is that new? Did you carve?

Also what's up with the girl behind the bar? Every tiki bar needs one of those!

[ Edited by: jimsflies 2014-07-09 08:51 ]

Hahaha…. the girl behind the bar… She's holding a gel covered flash to light up the tikis on the wall during the shoot.

And yeah, I don't think I have posted that tiki to TC before. It is new-ish… It's not really in the style that I'm trying to develop... I'm carving two for a buddy. This Marquesan and a Rarotongan… Because these are commissions, he wants them to look a certain way. Anyway, I guess it photographed alright. Thanks for noticing it!

Wow!! Some of the things you guys have done to your bar are beyond inspiring! Everytime I breeze through your pics I feel the need to get cracking on my own stuff. Very amazing ideas. Thanks a ton for the pics of all the progress. I love it!!

Thanks, Matt! I dig your bar too! That tiki that you have is gigantic!!

Wait, there are tikis in those pics?

This giant Papua New Guinea guy showed up from Boston, last night. Thanks to my buddy, Rick (Big Kahuna), for finding him at a swapmeet and sending him out to me in California! He got it for $200!! Unreal. California prices are a joke...

Next up will be finishing the wall outside of the hot tub (after I finish carving one last tiki for my buddy, Big Tony) to mount the PNG guy out there. The Breezeway is slowly spreading out and over my whole backyard….!

Astro still isn't sure what to think about the new tiki... It kinda freaked him out.

You spoiled Astro with all those Pinups! :)

I think Astro is trying to soften the juju. That is fabulous.

That's the first time I ever made a cardboard coffin!

The Hula Girls' Spike Marble, and Susana Andrea of Vestige Photography present to you their 2015 Tiki Calendar.
How often do the likes of Mosh (cover model), Doris Mayday, Angelique Noire, Lisa Love, and many more of your favorite pin-ups appear in a calendar together?

All images are photographed by Susana Andrea, a California based pin up photographer with 10 years of experience at Spike's home bar, The Breezeway. Design work is done entirely by The Hula Girls' Spike Marble who is also an Art Director at Hurley International.

Never before seen images are printed on high quality matte paper, all wrapped together in a gold spiral binding. The design is similar to the 1950's Varga pin-up calendars, with a full page for the model and a small month view on the corner.

These are not throw away calendars, but art pieces that you can keep for years to come.

PRESALE AVAILABLE NOW!
http://thehulagirls.bigcartel.com/product/tiki-calendar-2015

Good news, Spike!
We thought you were just partying it up all this time :)

No, I was hard at work!
Hahaha.... Such hard work...

Don't you love Mosh laying on Astro's doggie door pier-thing??

But did Astro? :)

I always wonder what my neighbors think is going on when it's cocktail time in The Breezeway and all of the crazy lights are turned on.

Astro stand guard… Got that new PNG mask at Tiki Oasis…

I recently got these two Papua New Guinea 'bagas' from an antique mall in Orange. They are supposedly 90 years old... They're big. I think they're gonna flank this guy when I get around to finishing the walls out side of the hot tub…

Speaking of hot tub… Behind the scenes of a recent photo shoot…

Bts with the beautiful Suzy Clayton. Photoshoot with Susana Vestige

Bts with the truly dazzling Ashyln Coco

My photoshoot debut! Those these were just taken on my iPhone, but I was shooting mostly with a good camera as well…. We'll see how they end up coming out, once I get them into the computer!

Recognize these?? If you've enjoyed cocktails at Frankie's Tiki Room in Las Vegas, you mighta had your ass in them before. Moss (the owner) just got rid of all of the carved chairs. These two chairs, carved by Buzzy, ended up in The Breezeway by way of Bamboo Ben.

The detail of one of them...

Oh, and if you go out to Frankie's soon, don't forget to try the cocktail named after one of our songs... The Hulabilly Honey. It's tasty!!

Here's one more photo that I took of the adorable Signe, too!

We're having fun at the Breezeway while your at Dons tonight! The hot tub is lovely. Thanks buddy!

Sneak peak into The Hula Girls' new music video!
This last Sunday, we had the second filming session in The Breezeway.

We shot this scene in front of my garage with a green screen and Bethany and her husband's '59 Cadillac. He laid in the back and bounced around to give it motion, as I ran by over and over, with a can light, to simulate traffic. Looks just as I envisioned. Kinda Tarantino-esque! Expert set up and filming by Cristopher Bonomo. Muah by Red Dodge

EJ

Looking forward to watching the video. When will it be released?

Hopefully mid-Nov, Jefe!

I just came across some photos that I never posted…

Bts with amazing Mosh!

Rivi Madison!

Kristen Kelly

Big addition to The Breezeway, this month!

See the build pictures, here: http://thehulagirls.blogspot.com/2015/06/the-breezeway-lagoon.html

EJ

That's really cool. Nice work

Matt-O-matic, all you need now is a Tiki themed miniature golf course
and you can charge an entry fee!

How about a shot from the back of the yard, showing the whole shebang.

Now you need to cover up that block wall with some 8' bamboo fencing. Then you will have "Complete Permanent Vacation!
Dig the pond Spike! Whens the party?

How long 'til there're pin-up girls frolicking in that lagoon?

That looks great, volcano and all!!!

Thanks guys! I'll see if I can get some other photos for ya, Lance.
And yeah, I have to do something with that back wall, Ben!

We filmed a lot of this in The Breezeway!!
Take a look and please 'share!'

http://thehulagirls.blogspot.com/2015/07/hula-hula-bang-bang-music-video.html

Spike
http://www.facebook.com/thehulagirls
http://www.thehulagirlsmusic.com

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns 2015-07-16 11:40 ]

Great work, very enjoyable. Ya'll need to make your way to Austin soon...

Thanks! We just need a gig to bring us there!

That's a great video! Very fun and entertaining....and professional looking, too. I shared it with the byline....how can you not love the Tiki or beach scene after watching this? The Breezeway looks fabulous in it. And don't get me started on the ladies.... bang, bang (I'll be doing that all day...with the wink and the pistol/finger point). Love it!

Great video and song...thoroughly enjoyed it!!!

Thanks!

RD

Nice video Spike.

Time for you to memorialize your great home tiki environment in song.
Looking forward to the Hula Girls' hit "The Breezeway" sometime in the future.
Start writing it. :)

Ooooh.... not a bad idea

Love the breezeway girls. If I was your neighbor I would think acid testing going on for sure

BK

Geez, Rum Dog! Good thinking!

Awesome Ben!!
Id watch that show 24/7 if it were on the DIY channel!!! youve got great ideas and good TV appeal!!!
NO WHITE WALLS !!! is a motto I now live by too!!!

And here's the original Full episode we shot building the beginning of the Breezeway!

( looks like the first 6 pages)

http://www.mediameltproductions.com/Building_Paradise_Pilot_Episode.html

p.s. Spike has gone crazy with it since!

New blog post about The Breezeway Tiki Bar, built by Bamboo Ben: http://thehulagirls.blogspot.com/2016/03/for-sale-breezeway-tiki-bar.html?m=1
Lotsa pictures of the bar in pinup photoshoot action too!

M

Looking forward to seeing the new Breezeway Lagoon.

Go back one page, you can see it there!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 501 replies