Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Who was the first Tiki Central member you met face to face?

Pages: 1 2 52 replies

the first event i went to was a small party at jungle trader's house in turlock. others i remember meeting that day were: tikikleen, drunkenhat, chongolio, and al knepper (forgot his tc name). but the real reason i went was to meet tiki kate, who i had traded mugs with previously.

H
Hamo posted on Sat, Nov 4, 2017 11:44 PM

Bump.

The first TC member I met was Swanky, at his Mai Kai book signing at Oceanic Arts this past August, followed within minutes by bigbrotiki. Then later that same evening at Tiki Ti, I met PolynesianPop. Later in the month I met MaukaHale at the Denver Modernism Show. Not bad for a three week span....

I was at the Ti in 2005, hanging out with some old L.A. punk alums, Michele Flipside (next to Bum), Alice Bag, and their husbands. I met Humu and the Bum there. I'm holding Humu's purse. I think she snapped the photo.

[ Edited by: MrBaliHai 2017-12-26 10:01 ]

I think I met Humu Humu at one of the first Tiki Kon's in Portland. My memory fails me.

Mike and Chelsea Hooker. They came to one of the dive-in movies we had at the Lagoon last summer. "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World." I was making Screwballs (we featured a themed cocktail unique to each each movie) and Mike was making much, much better Daiquiris and a great time was had by all.

Pages: 1 2 52 replies