Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Ultimate Tiki Bar Bottle

Pages: 1 11 replies

I found the greatest bottle to enhance my tiki bar. This is Pisco Brandy from Chili I have never been a big fan of brandy, but in this case, I made an exception and even better, this is a top shelf liquor. Though flavored brandies are the most popular for Tiki drinks (as you know), I have enjoyed it with a Stinger or a Scorpion. Anyway, the Moai decanter is a winner and you don't have to pay the "Shag Price”!

Easter Islander look to your bottle-but that island is owned by Chile. Did you find this in the States?

We All Love Those Bottles!

For more info on where to find them, check out these threads:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=661&forum=5
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=674&forum=5

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2003-06-26 13:57 ]

Tikibars provided a receipe for Pisco Sour that actually tastes pretty good in this thread:

5 ounces Pisco Capel
4 ounces sour mix
3 ounces orange juice
1 ounce Triple Sec
1 ounce rock candy syrup
limes / pineapple chunks

Hi Sabu,
I should have figured you guys (T.Cers) would already be on top of this.
Well here is a recent place you can buy it.
http://www.internetwines.com/rws17134.html

J

Living in a state that doesn't allow mail order purchases of liquor or even decent liquor stores willing to order anything slightly unusual, it took me forever to track the stuff down. I finally was able to get it special ordered from a store in Virginia. About a month later I was in New York City, walked into a random liquor store on 57th Street and saw 3 of 'em on the shelf.
I was tempted to buy them all but I still have the original un-opened bottle sitting behind my bar. I'm afraid to open it because the negative comments about the stuff far outnumbered the positive. Maybe I'll give it a shot when my rum supply runs low...

I have the same bottle in my tiki bar and I got it from the internet about $20 + shipping.

Either liquorama or internet wines, I forget which. Both address have been posted often here if your interested.

I gotta vote Tikifarm's cobalt blue Mai Kai decanter (or an original)....the good memories should bless anything you put inside with superb mana. That Pisco brandy bottle really is cool but the contents are horrible.

S

I actually found this one at the Salvation Army and think it is a hoot! Makes a great conversation piece.

P
Philot posted on Thu, Jul 3, 2003 7:58 AM

Those bottles look pretty awsome! Thanks for bumping this back up where I could see it.

Unfortunately, it seems that in Florida it's a felony to direct-ship alcoholic beverages -- I think. They don't exactly make it easy to find out the specific regulations.

So two questions:

1. How do I MAKE SURE whether or not I can order these online
  2. Has anyone seen these available in Florida? (Georgia or Alabama would be almost as good).

[i]1. How do I MAKE SURE whether or not I can order these online

I can answer this one. Unfortunately, Florida's Beverage Laws provide that alcoholic beverages imported into Florida must be shipped to a licensed, in- state manufacturer or distributor and may be sold only by licensed, in- state vendors. Fla. Stat. Ann. §§ 561.14, 561.54, 561.57. No mail order sales to private individuals are permissible in your state.

J
JTD posted on Thu, Jul 3, 2003 9:49 AM

Philot, Hipster,
Timely article in today's Wall Street Journal regarding a Federal Trade Commission report released today (http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2003/07/wine.htm) that says "state bans on interstate wine shipments are anti-competitive and harmful to consumers." I know it says wine and the FTC site specifically says this was not about online liquor sales, but it's a step in the right direction.

WSJ goes on to say, "The federal courts have also been weighing in on state laws limiting wine shipments, with mixed results. Last week, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals struck down a Texas ban on interstate wine shipping. In 2000 the Seventh Circuit found in favor of an Indiana ban on direct shipment. Three more federal cases are pending concerning laws in Florida, New York and Michigan. Eventually one will reach the Supreme Court. In the meantime, with this FTC study, we're moving closer to the day when consumers can truly uncork the power of the Internet."

Don't hold your breath, but someday....

-JTD

Pages: 1 11 replies