Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Sea Creature of the South Pacific Art Swap ~ Done!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 549 replies

My box is on its way...

T
Tabu posted on Tue, Mar 5, 2013 4:37 PM

Painting has been sent. Wrote a little note to go with it but in my late night packing haste it didn't make it in the package. Maybe I will send a post card in a few days. Wouldn't want it to arrive first.

[ Edited by: Tabu 2013-03-05 16:47 ]

Mine is leaving tomorrow. Its got a long way to travel.

T

The package has been ... .shipped. Not quite delivered.

RH

Damn - these are some very cool pieces! Niiiiiice.

Hmmmmmmm

Who will get the 1st delivery????

the painting was sent out a day ago this is quite exciting all secret like

T

Good question, Hang10.... Hopefully some people "accidentally" shipped their pieces over here. Great art and great peeps participating!

Got it....
I'm at work, wife sent me a text that a crazy looking box came.

Man I wish I was home already

Ill post pics tonight

Thanx bruddah

Jon

hope you like it hang10

I got my art in the mail today thank you lorilovestikis i love it
My daughter wants to steal it already.

Before

After.

Really dig the color on this thank you so much lori and
thank you mike for running such a great swap.

Anthony,

I'm glad it arrived safely and that you like it! Enjoy!!

ANTHONY- great pics of you and your swap from LORI
LORI- that color pops...it look awesome

I couldn't wait to get home to the surprise from ANTHONY.
The box is a piece of art as well.

And there it is leaning against the Rum...

This painting freekin rocks bruddah...

Had to find just the right spot

Thanks again ANTHONY...love it

Mad Dog, great swap, u da man...

Jon

Nice size too. Judging from the size of Jon's melon, that's about a 12x12 :D

I resemble that remark

Jon
:)

11 out of 16 packages are confirmed shipped (I think I have notified all of you that your package is en route)
3 packages are confirmed delivered.

The remaining 5 packages may have already been shipped and they didn't notify me OR they notified me and I failed to write it down :D I will follow up with those packages first of next week.

T
Tabu posted on Mon, Mar 11, 2013 2:44 PM

Got mine. Thanks Wendy. Love everything. Pics to follow.
Thanks again Mad Dog for setting up the swap.

Thanks Cy! I received your gorgeous sculpture today when I got home from work. So happy it arrived safely all the way from Oregon - good packing job! I love it.

In a couple of weeks it will have a place of honor in my tiki space - the Gator Hut! When Spring hits New Jersey we'll be outside reorganizing for the season. :) If you're ever in the area I hope you'll stop by to see it in place and enjoy a cocktail at our tiki bar.

Lori
edited to add picture

[ Edited by: LoriLovesTiki 2013-03-11 15:09 ]

And thanks again Mike for organizing the swap!

My package arrived on Saturday, but we were in Michigan for 'Christmas' with 3 of my daughters, one granddaughter & one grandson.
I was so excited to open the treasure from Hang10Tiki last night when we got home.

It makes me VERY happy!
Thanks, Hang10!
~kele

[ Edited by: WaikikianMoeKele 2013-03-11 18:52 ]

Kele- I'm glad you like it and glad he made it safe n sound...

aloha

Jon

It's really fun seeing everyone get their art. I'm excited to have ours arrive. Glad you got yours Tabu. Now its time to watch the Bachelor! Wendy

C
cy posted on Tue, Mar 12, 2013 8:25 AM

Glad it made it safely Lori!

So, my "Dragon Fish" is on its way to its location! Should arrive in 2 or 3 days. I hope you enjoy it!

Not going to say who's getting it unless it's no longer a secret.

Mel

T

Hmmm... my Art Swap SHOULD have been delivered already.... did it get lost? Stolen by USPS? Hope not. It was traveling some distance. Fingers crossed....

I received my swap piece! Yay, it's beautiful. Thank you, Mike Pyette.

Cheers!

Got my beautiful artwork in from TikiDaye today along with a bonus! Thank you Jason :) I will post a pic as soon as I can get someone to take a pic for me.

All pieces have been shipped except one that is experiencing technical difficulties, hopefully that one will go out shortly. I love seeing the pics of the art with the new owners, hope to see more of those.

Got my “Sea Anemone Container” with Barney West "Sea Urchin Spine" relics from AlohaStation today!

With a cool Hukilau pendant to boot!!

Thank you!!!

Cool reliquary Tom! Love the pics of people ~ Tom, you don't look anything like I had imagined you :lol:

After a great week of receiving cool Mug Swaps, today I got the icing on the cake.

Pride of Place in my mug cabinet will now go to....

Thanks to Mad Dog Mike!

Thanks again for the great swap, MDM - lots of fun!
Just received my piece from waikikianmoekele...It seems I am starting a collection! :wink:

Unfortunately, C cell bandits rummaged around in the grotto during the shipping process, and made off with the sea chest and assorted loot. Curse those battery themed crooks! I will have to add a little more glue and re-affix it after repairing the chest lid.

Also, thanks for the extra special goodies! I always enjoy secret surprises!

~Zero

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2013-03-14 10:41 ]

Zerotiki,
So sorry that the C cell battery Bandits got loose. I thought that I had them adequately confined for the trek across the continent. Maybe next time they should fly via ConAir. :)

When I shipped my Birds of the South Pacific swap item, "The Blue Footed Booby Bar", drunken pirates tore up the bar in transit.
So my history in this is not good.

I'm glad that you enjoyed my offerings. Little Momo is enjoying his new friends here.
~kele

Thanks Jason!!!
(not a very good smile on my part but I'm not sure when I will see my son to take another picture of me. He is a night owl and I an early riser, we seldom see each other :lol: )

We have a few great pages of swaps n smiles going on here
Mike, thanks again...
I raise my tiki mug high in the air to toast the host of the swap...Mad Dog Mike, you are the man...

Jon

Now keep those photos coming

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2013-03-14 22:21 ]

MadDogMike you are right that is not one our your famous killer smiles. Gotta do it again.

ZEROTIKI wow wow wow. Dan just got to open your box. It was another birthday gift from me/you. How fun to have it come from you one of our special hug bunnies.

Here's some photos of our fun.

First out of the box came the swap prize with the sea creatures. A super cute painting and enough booty for the swap.

However turning it over we found this painting and story. So cute too.

When it was removed more art was exposed and

behind that the painting was again autographed with a drawing.

But it certainly didn't stop there. We always check boxes before tossing them. What did we find...another awesome painting by Zero Tiki of a tiki face. Zero you are still Dan's favorite abstract artist. Now its hard to pick a favorite but I think this is so cool. We love it.

You made our day, our month. You are a super artist and a great friend. Have your wife give you lots of hugs from us until we meet again. Dan and Wendy

G
GROG posted on Fri, Mar 15, 2013 9:56 AM

Glad you enjoyed your ocean of goodness, Wendy!

There was a hug in the box too, but as it was invisible, it may have been hard to see.

~Zero

Perfect GROG! Now I don't have to retake it (that actually looks just like my smile!)

GROG you are so good at that. I didn't know it was photo shop until I read MDM's thank you.

Zero Tiki I keep marveling over the extra tiki painting. I think it is my all time favorite abstract. Thank you very much. You went way over the requirements and sent us a wonderful box of treasures. Hugs back to you, Wendy

G
GROG posted on Fri, Mar 15, 2013 3:24 PM

Thanks Mike and Wendy.

It IS your smile, Mike. I took your face off of one of Wendy's photos in her thread when you visited her and just gave you a face transplant. :D

[ Edited by: GROG 2013-03-15 15:24 ]

I knew that's what you did, Grog!

I have to go to my son's basketball game shortly. When I get back I'll be raising a glass to MDM for a great art swap!!!

(I'm in the mood for a raspberry martini, I apologize for it not being a tiki drink!)

Mine arrived Thursday and I couldn't be happier! Anger fish by Melekalikimaka. I will be making a custom frame for it and hanging it at the bar. So stoked to get this one - it was my favorite of all the pieces. My collection of Melany's paintings continues to grow! Thanks again!

T

Wow! The kids excitedly brought me a large box that was delivered to our house. We opened it together, carefully unwrapping not 1, not 2 but 3 magnificent mugs created by Trader Tom!

Thanks so much... they are even more incredible in person.

Big smiles all around here at the Daye Tribe thanks to Tom

Peace,
Jason

Melekalikimaka that is one scary painting, excellent.

GROG you sneaky devil, what a good job of a face transplant.

Mike this is such a fun swap, you did a great job. Wendy

I'm so glad you like it, as with most of my pieces, they just don't seem to translate well in photos (to me). I was thinking of framing that bad boy, then discovered I needed to ship it cross country.

Ironic that you got my name again, eh? You can almost start a museum of my work!

ALOHA, Tom!

TikiAno!
I got your package sometime this week, but haven't had a chance to open it. So for those of you that couldn't see the package, this is what follows:

Here's the narwhal mug among some recent tiki acquisitions. I dig the brown glaze on the moai. And, I'm hoping he doesn't see this thread before 6 o'clock tonight, but I'll be presenting your mug to Pittsburghpauly. We were talking about the swap at the last Tiki Tuesday, and he really liked your mug. Said it reminded him of the old hand built Daga stuff. Since I got two swap pieces, I figured I should spread the love, and will be keeping the shark and moai for my bar, and the narwhal mug will be joining Pittsburghpauly's collection. Spreading the Ohana around a little! =)

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki 2013-03-17 10:53 ]

Hale,

that is is so sweet of you!

Spreading the tiki love........

I think it's a great idea. Maybe we could start something like that. Sending some tiki love to someone then he/she sends different love to another tcer, and so on.....

AlohaStation- your pic made me think of Mr. Wilson, Tim's neighbor on Home Improvement...

Jon

T

Hale TIki, glad all arrived safely. Very cool to spread the love- hope pittsburghpauly enjoys the Narwhal mug. The built in horn/ stir stick hopefully won't hurt him. :wink:

Glad you liked the moai glaze, it was an untested combo of glazes, I'm continuing to use that combo for some future pieces, too. Please tell Pauly I said hi. Enjoy!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 549 replies