I love a week of rum news!

I love a week of rum!

HT

On 2013-05-15 06:14, Chip and Andy wrote:

On 2013-05-14 18:43, rev_thumper wrote:
I love a week of rum news!

I love a week of rum!

I concur!

A WEEK of rum?! Does that mean Ohana is now 7 days!?
Fantastic!!

Time flies when you're having Rum.

HT

On 2013-05-21 19:42, Chip and Andy wrote:

I need a clock that says that, STAT.

goes to work shops and begins to tinker...

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

On 2013-05-22 10:54, AceExplorer wrote:

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Bah dum bum.

Wow! Only 4 weeks now!

Andy and I both have to get busy making fun stuff for you in the vendor's village. Andy is making the dresses and shirts and lava-lavas that you covet and I am busy printing t-shirts as fast as I can get the ink to dry.

See you at the Lake!

Well, OK, it's not really 'village' where the vendors will be, its more really a nice big area out by the pool.... but calling it the Vendor's Village sounds better than the Big Area Out by the Pool. I mean that doesn't even make a cool acronym... BAObtP. That sounds like a noise you might make after the luau dinner and then say 'excuse me.'

H

Hi Chip - is the vendor's village going to be under the huge tent again? That seemed to work out well last year, especially when that sudden squall came up.

Can't wait, whatever the configuration!

Deadhead say " Mooki ugaa milioki oppa uni ua" .... " Deadhead happy to make much fun at Ohana ... we enjoy food , fun , friends and much drink!"

TP

OHHHHH YEAHHHHH!!!! We got the last pair of OHANA Tix. Mahalo to someone who cancelled! Now, if anyone would be so kind as to give up their room at the TIKI, we would be more than happy to take it off your hands. Looking forward to seeing all the great folks we met there last year.

HT

Good luck with that! We're staying at the Fran Cove Motel. It's cheap, kitschy, and not too far away.

http://www.francove.com/

C

Aloha!

Glad to have you be able to join us at Ohana!!

You can check out the back-up hotel options on the Ohana website here - don't delay getting a room, as Ohana is at the start of the busy season in Lake George!

http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/ohana/event.php

Thanks for the accom. tips to all. Still, if anyone already booked at the TIKI happens to succumb to a tragic lei-related accident or anything prior to the event, please let me know. :wink:

Stoked to be returning to Lake George again for my 5th Ohana!

And I'm stoked to be bringing my new collection of hand carved tiki art to the Northeast!

The "Modern Primitive" collection pays homage to the height of the Polynesian Pop movement, and also celebrates traditional Oceanic Art.

After 12 years as a tiki carver, I feel this is some of my most unique work, and I have saved much of the best just for Ohana!

See you soon!

C
croe67 posted on Mon, Jun 3, 2013 4:28 AM

We've very happy to see you returning to Lake George, Lake - looking forward to seeing what gooding you're bringing :D

C
croe67 posted on Mon, Jun 3, 2013 4:32 AM

Have you tried Novo Fogo Cachaca, yet?

If you're one of the lucky ones who scored tickets to Ohana, you'll be able to, because Ohana is pleased to announce that Novo Fogo Organic Cachaca is our latest new sponsor!

http://www.novofogo.com

HT

New boozes I won't be able to buy in my home state. Woohoo!

Also, glad to see you'll be there, Lake Surfer. Looking forward to seeing what you bring.

Almost time! Can't wait.

So sad to be missing it this year. :(

Have fun everyone!!!

On 2013-06-06 11:54, LoriLovesTiki wrote:

Have fun everyone!!!

I'll keep your share of the rum safe, I know the perfect place to keep it!

:wink:

On 2013-06-06 14:48, Chip and Andy wrote:

On 2013-06-06 11:54, LoriLovesTiki wrote:

Have fun everyone!!!

I'll keep your share of the rum safe, I know the perfect place to keep it!

:wink:

That's mighty kind of you! :::::smirk:::::::

Chip is a very kind and generous man when it comes to keeping rum safe.

-Rev

You will notice he didn't say what kind...... rim shot

If anyone else needs some rum protected I've got plenty of room in here.

C

And, as we enter the HOME STRETCH leading up to Ohana.........Does anyone want even MORE RUMMY goodness!?!?!?

Well, you're in luck!
Ohana is very happy to announce that Santa Teresa Rum has joined Ohana once again to ensure that Ohana will be filled with as much RUM as humanly possible!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Santa-Teresa-Rum-USA/377564848985204?fref=ts

And, as you can See Below, Santa Teresa KNOWS how to do TIKI! :D

Good to see Santa Teresa back, that is tasty stuff.

The inside of my house looks like a luau exploded. It will be interesting to see if it all fits in the car for the trip to Lake George.

-Rev

Spent the whole weekend dreaming of this..... (vegans may want to look away)

Less than two weeks! Can't wait!

HT

I freaked out last night when I realized how soon it was!

Hey hey gang! We're psyched to be vending for the first time at Ohana and are bringing fully stocked treasure chests full of our original mugs, wall vases, prints, necklaces and more! Check out the bounty below!

-Cheers to Buccaneers!!!-

I'm going to drop this teaser for our room crawl theme.....

You guys will just have to admire the art and wonder what we're up to until next Friday.

Forgot to add... the rest of that particular photo set
http://www.lileks.com/institute/frahm/index.html

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2013-06-20 06:50 ]

H

Ha! I haven't seen those Frahm illustrations for ages! Hilarious. Life before elastic waistbands, I guess. Those poor gals were always losing their bloomers.

This is plumbing entirely new depths of pantlessness for the FOM, however. I'm pysched and also little terrified to see your room next week. :o

Speaking of next week. Kick-off party one week from tonight!

On 2013-06-20 07:01, Hibiscus wrote:
I'm pysched and also little terrified to see your room next week. :o

Holly Undone Underwear Batman! Its only one week away!

My husband and I are counting down the days to Ohana! Can't wait to see everyone again and bask in the glow of tiki-ness!!! See everyone SOON!!! :)

TP

Thanks to whoever cancelled their room at the TIKI, we are now fully stoked for our 2nd annual trip down to sunny Lake George.
The bags are packed, but this workweek can't go by quick enough.

HT

It's starts tonight!!!

T

If Bud is the beer of champions,
What is Pabst the beer of?

Aloha Ohana friends! What a GREAT time!!! :)
Can anyone help me here: what was the documentary about Polynesian culture that ran at the beginning of the Drive-In movies on Saturday night? I didn't get to see the whole thing....I was competing in the Guess The Old Man Beer contest...I came in 2nd....I am kinda proud/kinda ashamed.
MAHALO!

HT

On 2013-06-30 16:40, Tiki-kitty wrote:
Can anyone help me here: what was the documentary about Polynesian culture that ran at the beginning of the Drive-In movies on Saturday night? I didn't get to see the whole thing....I was competing in the Guess The Old Man Beer contest...I came in 2nd....I am kinda proud/kinda ashamed.
MAHALO!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34772&forum=12

Hoping that Sven has a new batch of them for Christmas this year, as mine is long gone. Or if I do have, it's in a box in storage...

On 2013-06-27 08:03, tikiskip wrote:

The beer of "David Lynch" of course....

HT

On 2013-07-01 13:19, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

The beer of "David Lynch" of course....

HEINEKEN?! F@$K THAT SH!T!

Q

Ohana, of course!

Great seeing everyone there! Gort lives!

On 2013-07-01 12:46, Hale Tiki wrote:

MAHALO!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34772&forum=12

Hoping that Sven has a new batch of them for Christmas this year, as mine is long gone. Or if I do have, it's in a box in storage...

THANKS SO much, Hale Tiki!! :)

...I was competing in the Guess The Old Man Beer contest...I came in 2nd....I am kinda proud/kinda ashamed.
MAHALO!

I think you can lean toward the proud: the winner of the first fabulous prize only got one more than you and only two others got two. It's hard, I tellya, since the light american lagers are all in the same family. In some cases, pretty incestuous: Pabst has been buying up a lot of the small OMB marques and keeping them in production and I think they're doing their damnedest to make all old man beer taste like all other old man beer. Blatz, National Bohemian and Schmidt's are all produced by Pabst and damn if they don't seem to be three taps off the same keg. For the record, the beers in the challenge:

Strohs, Schaefer, Piels, Gennessee, Narragansett.

The first three are Pabst products while the last two are still independently brewed, albeit Gansett had to be brought back from the dead by a dedicated follower with some resources. No matter, they really all taste about alike, although I can say that having had them all, Piels is the one most like fornication in a canoe. Gansett, for the record, also produces excellent seasonal brews and good cream ale and bock. Just had one on tap in NYC yesterday before seeing Richard Cheese and I can note that like most beer, it's better on tap.

Having had what I'd call a successful first challenge, the crack team at OHANA is brewing up another for next year, plus I will definitely get the Mai Tai challenge going. It's always fun to taste blind then see what you really think...

CQ
OMBC 2014!
A/V Squad
Risk Management Squad

A little bit of press from the event...

http://poststar.com/lifestyles/a-taste-of-tiki/article_a06f3eba-e4c9-11e2-9ae1-0019bb2963f4.html

The Glenns Falls Post Star:

"...The upstate New York village, with its mid-century modern architecture and vintage tourist attractions, is a welcome blast from the past for the tiki-philes, who have been descending on the destination for the past five years like a shimmering UFO in a 1950s science fiction film."

Which is an entertaining description of the event, more so if you saw any of the costumes from the Return of the Son of the Thing from Lake George from Thursday's party.

Some more pics here: http://fraternalorderofmoai.org/huimalu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16139

Captainquad:
THANKS for the "Beer Chat" corner of Tiki Central!
The beer challenge was a bit harder than I thought it would be-- especially considering I had never tasted 2 of the 5 before!
I think it was a great addition to Ohana (my taste buds may disagree) and I look forward to the challenge next year!!
Mahalo!

C
croe67 posted on Fri, Jul 5, 2013 6:04 AM

Here are a few Sights from Ohana weekend for those unable to join us in Lake George......

The Return of the Son of the Thing From Lake George Kick-off party....wacky costumes everywhere!:

The Deadhead Rum Cocktail Contest Runner-up - The Barrel Aged I'ke Kula:

& The Trader Vic's Mystery Bowl Auction, with all proceeds benefitting the Easter Island Foundation:

And, of course the Polynesian Dinner Show at The Tiki:

'till Next Year, Tiki Resort!

Pages: 1 2 3 95 replies