Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki and The Terminator

Pages: 1 12 replies

D

While NOT at The Hukilau, I was watching The Terminator, the first movie. A Tiki Motel spotted when Sarah and the guy from the future are hiding out and they stay at some motel, named...Tiki Motel. Unfortunately no Tiki's spotted :(

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-06-29 20:02 ]

Tiki Motel?, Give me your address there...

Is there a sign Tiki Motel or is the phrase the name Tiki Motel repeated numerous times in the dialogue?

One of my co-workers who, at first, could not comprehend tiki, had her tiki nirvana (or Arnold validated it) by watching the movie.

UB

On 2004-05-06 20:20, christiki295 wrote:
Is there a sign Tiki Motel or is the phrase the name Tiki Motel repeated numerous times in the dialogue?

Close Captioned Tiki!
I knew da day would come!
Addendum:
I'm speakin Gecko. Man this forum is addictive.

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-05-06 21:17 ]

google results:

the Tiki Motel is on Santa Fe Ave in Huntington Park, California

The Tiki Motel is at 7301 Santa Fe Ave. in Huntington Park, CA. This is where Sarah & Reese make pipe bombs.

P
Philot posted on Fri, May 7, 2004 7:28 AM

On 2004-05-07 07:03, Johnny Dollar wrote:
google results:

the Tiki Motel is on Santa Fe Ave in Huntington Park, California

The Tiki Motel is at 7301 Santa Fe Ave. in Huntington Park, CA. This is where Sarah & Reese make pipe bombs.

But no Molotov coctails! (or any other mixed drinks...) :D

D

Gee Johnny $, I looked all over for a picture of that scene and couldn't find anything, good detective work!

On 2004-05-07 08:53, DawnTiki wrote:
Gee Johnny $, I looked all over for a picture of that scene and couldn't find anything, good detective work!

hey, no problem for the man with the action-packed expense account... America's fabulous freelance insurance investigator,

Thanks, Johnny Dollar, for clarifying.

Maybe T4 will be "Revenge of the Tikis" when all of the torn down tikis reemerge from the past upset at their abandonment in the future.

PS - Someone contact the Art Dept and notify them that the lettering/font used for the TIKI MOTEL wasw so inappropriate.

On 2004-05-07 19:14, christiki295 wrote:
PS - Someone contact the Art Dept and notify them that the lettering/font used for the TIKI MOTEL wasw so inappropriate.

Yeah, I wish I knew them when...but: After the film had come out, I met a girl that had worked in the art department on a shoot, and she gave me one of the black skulls that came from the "future" scenes of the boneyard where machine tanks crush the bones of vanquished humans. Wonder how much T1 collectors would pay for that now...

Correct me if I am wrong, but was the TIKI MOTEL not the very place where the future saviour of the human race, John Connor, was conceived? Not that we got to see any of it...

P

On 2004-05-07 19:14, christiki295 wrote:

Someone else mentioned further up in the thread that this is a real location.

I think the point was that this was a cheesy no-tell motel. The only thing Tiki about it was the name. Kind of like the Pine Valley mall, where they cut down the all pine trees, in "Back to the Future".

On 2004-05-08 07:40, bigbrotiki wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but was the TIKI MOTEL not the very place where the future saviour of the human race, John Connor, was conceived? Not that we got to see any of it...

Sven, I don't know anything about 1980's censorship in Europe, but we DID get to see some of it here in the USA (at least, Linda Hamilton's boobs)

watching late night re-run of the Governator right now, just saw the TIKI MOTEL scenes- of course i searched first and am not shocked that there was a thread on this already here at TC!

B

Did someone say Tikinator?

Sorry couldn't resist.. seeing it was a 12 year old thread that was replied too..
One of the reasons I love Tiki Central!!
:D :lol:

Pages: 1 12 replies