Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Pisco Tiki Cocktail

Pages: 1 3 replies

Hi everybody, Im from Perú and a very big fan of Tiki cocktail. So i have some questions to all the forum. i´d like to know if anyone has some information about Tiki cocktail with Pisco. In the book Bartender Guide (1972) of Trader Vic's appears 26 cocktails witk Peruvian Brandy. Anyone has thats recipes?

In Perú i make The Fogcutters. Its makes with Pisco. (Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails)

Thank u very much. Cheers!

H

Welcome to Tiki Central Franco.

"Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails" excellent book!

I actually count 28 recipes in the pisco chapter in the 1972 Trader Vic's Bartender Guide. Four are Trader Vic originals. Of those the most interesting ones may be the Boomerangs.

Boomerang 1
1/2 oz light Puerto Rican rum
1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz pisco
1/4 oz passion fruit nectar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 dash angostura bitters
shake with ice cubes. strain into chilled cocktail glass

Boomerang 2
1 oz pisco
1 oz light Puerto Rican rum
3/4 oz passion fruit nectar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
shake with ice cubes. strain into chilled cocktail glass

Beachbum Berry's book "Remixed" has two recently created recipes based on pisco. The Cuzco Fizz and the Xtabay. Here's a link to it: Beachbum Berry Remixed - Amazon USA

Thank u very much for your answer. I have another question. I know that In that book there is a cocktail called "Capitan" and another called "El Capitan". Can you tell me the recipes? Thank you.

In Perú Capitan Cocktail is make witk Pisco, vermouth and bitters. In that book i know that it is different. It's true?

On 2013-01-06 21:51, Hakalugi wrote:
Welcome to Tiki Central Franco.

"Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails" excellent book!

I actually count 28 recipes in the pisco chapter in the 1972 Trader Vic's Bartender Guide. Four are Trader Vic originals. Of those the most interesting ones may be the Boomerangs.

I make my version of Fog Cutter with Pisco, and they are magnificent, but I use Havana 3 Year Light Rum (White)

2oz Havana 3 Year White
1oz Pisco
1/2oz Gin
1oz Orange Juice
3/4oz Lime Juice
1/2oz Orgeat
1/2oz Simple Syrup
Float Malbec Wine

Pages: 1 3 replies