Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 149 replies

Order it and send them a message. They may be able to combine the order for you.

I still have a few bottles of this glorious syrup from a recent trip to Emeryville -- I made the mailer's recipe last night and it's fantastic. I usually only go for fresh white grapefruit in my non-concentrate grogs, but for this recipe, ruby red does just fine.

H
Hamo posted on Wed, Apr 13, 2022 7:19 PM

Thanks, but my other order had already shipped. I did order a bottle of concentrate (and a mini mug) and applied a coupon after signing up for texts, so that bought the price down a bit.

Seems to me that including 1/2 oz rather than 1/4 oz of the Grog Concentrate is an improved recipe.

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Apr 19, 2022 8:53 PM

My bottle of Grog Concentrate arrived today. I tasted it on its own before making a Navy Grog, and to me, it has orange (thanks probably to the citric acid) and cola qualities, with some bitterness. The spice doesn't really seem to be allspice; maybe there is some nutmeg to it, as I've seen mentioned in other posts here, but I need to make some nutmeg syrup to compare.

I believe previous posts mentioned that the ingredients included high fructose corn syrup, but this bottle indicates ingredients are sugar, water, dextrose, natural flavor, potassium sorbate, and citric acid:

IMG_7574

H
Hamo posted on Mon, Jun 13, 2022 8:42 PM

Well, I didn't realize I've had the concentrate for almost two months. It's been in the fridge the whole time and it's started to discolor and crystalize. I see it says, "best by 080922"--anybody have experience about how long it remains viable after opening?

I used a Mai Tai concentrate for about six months but felt like I was running a risk there at the end.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 149 replies