Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Celebration of Maori Culture Sunday 17 March 2013 Guildford England

Pages: 1 4 replies

just thought i would post this for any UK Tikiphiles:-

Clandon Park's Hinemihi - the only historic Maori meeting house (whare nui) in the UK and one of only a handful outside New Zealand - is the starting point for a celebration of Maori music and dance. This extraordinary connection with Maori culture is still one of Surrey's hidden heritage surprises. Through the performance of traditional waiata and haka, this special festival event will celebrate contemporary and historic Maori music and dance with the London based Maori cultural group Ngati Ranana.
Date: Sunday 17 March 2013

Time: 6.15pm Doors open - 6.45pm performance

Venue: Clandon Park, West Clandon, Guildford, GU4 7RQ

Tickets:

£12 full/senior citizens
£6 concessions

An interesting night devoted to Maori culture with songs and dances, Here are a couple of pics, It was done as a fundraiser for the renovation of the meeting house which needs restoration

H

Huh...I missed this by a few days. I was in that area (West Horsely, specifically) for a family thing, but left the Wednesday before. Looks like it was pretty cool.

Q

That looks like it was a lot of fun! Entertaining and educational as well, I hope.

Thanks for posting the pics!

Aloha and Cheers!

Very nice. Bit of a dichotomy thought ~ native dancers in a staid marble 18th century Palladian mansion :D

Pages: 1 4 replies