Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Tiki Island Bar & Lounge, Corona, CA (restaurant)

Pages: 1 28 replies

Name: Tiki Island Bar & Lounge
Type: Restaurant
Street: 100 N Lincoln Ave
City: Corona
State: CA
Zip: 92882
Phone: (951) 737-0227

[ Edited by: kenbo-jitsu 2014-02-28 17:49 ]

A friend of mine got a special offer for this place (from LivingSocial or some such thing) and, knowing that I like tiki, asked me about it. I had never heard of it so I had to investigate. It's basically a sports bar that serves food. The location used to be called, "Chronic Tacos". A Yelp reviewer says, "... it looks bare inside like they took down all the Chronic Taco stuff and just put up a couple Hawaiian decorations".

Yelp has some photos so you can judge for yourself.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/tiki-island-bar-and-lounge-corona

Yea....I don't think this place counts as Tiki.

A lot of Hawaiian themed places popping up around here but
no winners as of yet.

Decided to eat there tomorrow and see if it's as un-Tiki as the photos seem. I'll report back with a review of the interior as well as the food and drink offerings.

AF

It was last a Chronic Taco location and before that a Cask n' Cleaver. I drive by on the 91 everyday and walked in once. Other than the name, there's not much "Tiki" at Tiki Island...

Constable Tiki, deems this location "Not Tiki!"

Getting ready to head over there now. Trying to think of a non-offensive way of saying "Add more tiki or change your name". Places like this cast a horrible shadow over real tiki joints when visited by folks that don't know any better. Hopefully I can work in some comments that might encourage them to put in a little more effort instead of barely phoning it in...

On 2013-07-17 10:01, A Frame wrote:
It was last a Chronic Taco location and before that a Cask n' Cleaver. I drive by on the 91 everyday and walked in once. Other than the name, there's not much "Tiki" at Tiki Island...

Cask and the Cleaver use to have The Best Squaw Bread around!!! Use to hit the one up in Fountain Valley.

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.