Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Uncle Trav's Small Paradise finished projects

Pages: 1 20 replies

UT

What started as an experiment born of pure unadulterated boredom has grown into something else. These are the finished huts I have built since 2009. Hand made and not to any scale or certain style. These small huts are made by hand of paper, wood and real bamboo. The techniques used to build the huts are all my own and thought up as I go. The huts take many many hours to build but I have enjoyed every one of them. Thanks for taking a look and I hope you enjoy my version of Small Paradise.

For a more detailed look at my huts and how they are made including my latest projects please visit my thread and thanks again.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=33960&forum=18&243

Hut number #1 , 2009. This was the one that got me hooked.

Hut number 2 , 2011

Hut #3 , 2011

Hut #4 , 2011

Hut #5 , 2012. The Mai Kai Restaurant. My largest build to date.

"Anyone who has ever seen them is thereafter haunted as if by a feverish dream" Karl Woermann

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2013-04-08 13:39 ]

Ok
My favorite is #2
No wait, #3
No wait, #4

Ok, can't pick just 1

Killer UnKle, just killer...

Jon

Very cool, I love them all!

T

These are truly awesome!

It's fun to see them all together. Don't stop posting. Wendy

I agree with Wendy. It's nice to see them all together. Love 'em all, my friend!

G
Gwen posted on Thu, Apr 11, 2013 8:46 AM

These are wonderful in the extreme. I especially loved the thatching on the roofs. Beautiful and perfect.

G
Gwen posted on Thu, Apr 11, 2013 8:47 AM

These are wonderful in the extreme. I especially loved the thatching on the roofs. Beautiful and perfect.

T

beautiful work, the scale is magical.

C
cy posted on Fri, Sep 6, 2013 8:16 AM

Very nice work uncle trav!

Beautiful, I'm a fan of your work!

Cool, now please come and build me a full scale version. They are way bad ass!

-Longboard

UT

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I have just finished the Trader's hut. This little hut has a bunch of details and was a fun project. You can check out the full build in my thread in creating Tiki page. Thanks again.

T

They are all amazingly cool and you are very talented.

T

MUSEUM quality WAY COOL! Thortiki

Every one is terrific. I wish you had kept them and built a village. I really enjoy your step by steps on "other crafts".
Wendy

Hey UnKa- any updates?

Jon

Thank you everyone for the kind comments. I don't have any new updates. The Trader's Hut is finished and again other things have taken my attention in another direction. Inspiration for a new build may come in the deep dark days of midwinter when the days are short here in Michigan but I do have an idea or two on the back burner. Thanks again.

F
Fox posted on Mon, Feb 17, 2014 8:07 PM

Beautiful work!!!!!

UT

I haven't posted in the gallery in a couple of years. My latest project was aging a miniature diving helmet to an old patina and turning it not a pendant light for the bar.

It's so much fun to see all these related tiki projects that are just so wonderful. Good job. Wendy

Pages: 1 20 replies