Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 547 replies

Niiiiiice! Congrats on being the lucky first recipient, and let me also reserve the right to be jealous about your Hawaii trip!

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2013-08-14 10:50 ]

Lori- awesome....

Enjoy the vacation

Jon

Friday noon works for me. Jon, call me if I have an Alzheimer's moment and forget to show :lol:

Lori, that was QUICK! Fast work Michael

On 2013-08-14 08:45, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
And I didn't have to wait until I got home from my trip. I leave for Hawaii tomorrow.

What you're going to Hawaii tomorrow! WoW! Have a great time!

I'm also wondering how that great piece got there so fast!
~kele

[ Edited by: WaikikianMoeKele 2013-08-14 16:12 ]

Immediately after the swap partners were announced Michael pm'd me and said his piece was boxed and ready to ship. Priority Mail from the Post office was quite impressive, coast to coast in 3 days - I think!

Thank you for your wishes on the trip. My husband and I leave Newark, NJ tomorrow after lunch and land in Honolulu 7pm local time. We will spend Friday and most of Saturday on Oahu and will be getting a walking tour from Phillip after we visit Pearl Harbor on Friday. Then on Saturday we board the Pride of America to visit Maui (where I'll meet Scott & Rob, Beachbumz & MauiTiki), The Big Island (both sides) and Kauai before heading back to Oahu to visit the Polynesian Cultural Center and maybe meet Gecko.

I'm gonna come home LOADED with tiki stuff!!!!!! If you lived in a place as devoid of tiki as New Jersey you'd understand my enthusiasm for the shopping part.

Catch you when I get home.

:)
Lori

[ Edited by: LoriLovesTiki 2013-08-14 16:46 ]

T

Jon, Oasis swap: We won't arrive until about noon on Friday. Then we have to check in. If noon is best for everyone go ahead & draw the winner, if I'm lucky & it's me, you can give it to me when get together for our swap. Saturday morning at the car show or in the lobby sounds good to me. I would like to meet everyone.

Thanks, Mike

Wendy and little lost tiki will be at the artists reception at Oasis on Saturday. I hope to see everyone who comes to Oasis there.

We shipped to Polynesiac yesterday from here.

Would Fri at 3 pm in the lobby work better?
Let me know...

Heading to SD tomorrow AM

C u guys soon

Jon

3 is fine with me too

T

Ditto MDM- 3 PM Friday lobby works for me.

Great
Fri 3pm lobby
C ya then

Jon

4 hrs to go
:)

53 min to go...

T

We're talking the main hotel lobby or the TO lobby?

Main, but now u know that cuz it's done :)

Awesome to see everyone
Wendy and Little Lost Tiki were missing but still in the drawing

1st my swap with TikiPops
Wow, this lamp kicks ars
Thanks bruddah

Then the xtra tiki give away goes to
Guess who?????

TikiAno gave away 2 killer necklaces
The winners were
CY and LLT

Da gang

Jon thank you for arranging that meeting and thank you for the extra Cannibal ~ Awesome!!!
Kinny and I made our exchanges. I was very happy with what I got and so was Kinny (or at least he said so :D ) TikiAno & TikiPopa, good to meet you. Good to see the rest of you again.

Mike- I'm glad we could get together
Glad u like the xtra tiki

I saw Kinny with his TikiAno necklace

T

Hang10/ Jon, thanks for setting up yesterday's meet up- look forward to meeting up more this weekend. Mike, that goes for you as well.

Hope Cy and Kinny dig their dangling mini-shrunken heads.

ZeroTiki, your Art Swap piece has been shipped out, they're threatening that it should arrive on Monday...

:D Cannibalooza washes ashore and the tribe goes WILD!!! :D

...and to the victor goes the spoils. A kickass Frog Island Tikis sleeved jersey-T! :D :D

:drink: MAHALO'z Cy! :drink:

Tj. I just got it and put it together it is incredible such a wonderful work of art thank you so much.

Terrific photos, I'm anxious for ours to arrive. I got to see MadDogMike's art in person, wow! Traveling Jones that's larger than I thought, must have been a femur! Beautiful work for this swap. Cheers, Wendy

C
cy posted on Wed, Aug 21, 2013 9:05 PM

Thanks again Mike for running this event, it was great seeing you as well as danlovestikis, hang10, skootiki, ftlot, tiki ano, tiki pops, and GROG in San Diego. I arrived to work this morning to open AnthonyMayes amazing project. Its even better in person and has found a proud home in our tiki bar. It was wrapped really cool also but you will have to take my word on that as I was too excited to take a picture. I really like the shade, how did you do that?

I got these beauty necklaces at Oasis from TikiAno and Hang10.

Here is "Closer to the Bone" chillin' in the Headhunter Harbor. Thank you Kinny ~ you RAWK!!!

T

Glad to see everyone getting their Swap pieces (I'm hoping the one(s) I sent arrive in one piece (each)). :)

Mike, love the alligator you gave me. It's hidden by the front door. My wife came home and told me there was "something" in front of the house, I suggested she call an exterminator.

(She really digs it, though, thanks Mike!)

[ Edited by: TikiAno 2013-08-22 22:17 ]

Amazing swap!
Ano, I forgot to tell you, your piece is on the way. Can't wait for my goodies to arrive!
~Zero

T

Zero, can't wait to receive yours. The package I sent you was supposed to arrive this past Monday...? (Shipped Priority Mail on Thursday or Friday of last week.

Z

Apparently the post office tried to deliver it today. Tomorrow!

TikiPops lamp up n running
It's awesome
Two cannibal thumbs up!

Jon

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2013-08-24 21:11 ]

T

ZeroTiki, wow! I received your box full of amazing art. Love all of the different pieces, thanks so much! It's a crazy weekend of work for me, hope to post some photos tonight.

Thanks for all!

Note: I apologize for all jealousy induced by any photos I post later of Zero's painting and other art I received in this year's Art Swap.

We are so excited to be the proud owners of our second Polynesiac tiki.
While at Oasis we admired this tiki. When our swap arrived we found that
it was the same one. Thank you Polynesiac and MadDogMike. Wendy and Dan

Tiki Oasis is at the Crowne Plaza Resort formerly Hanalei Bay Resort. There
are tikis like this throughout the grounds.

Our wonderful swap tiki.

Dan's gaze must be on a tiki somewhere in the room.

Seems I am always late to the party, here is the great sign with the very humorous barbecued mermaid from TU. I am going to hang it outside on the side of my tiki tiger art studio so all visitors will get a laugh and be in the proper mood before they enter the hut. :wink:

My expression is probably a little on the grumpy side in the pic... flash photos always make me look like some kind of ogre, I have an instinctive reaction to bright lights. :wink:

T

Huge thanks to ZeroTiki! I received a box containing not only his Art Swap piece but a bunch of other goodies.

I decided to get in on the action on his painting:

He also sent other artwork- love the Moai, plus all of the drawings. The box was well decorated, too. Thanks so much for all!

Got my awesome parcel of Carl! Pix soon... glad you liked yer goodies, Ano!

We are rockin' along ~ 12 out of 17 art pieces are in the hands of their happy new owners. If you have received your Swap but haven't posted it, please make a post or drop me a PM so I can keep track. Hopefully the rest have shipped and are en route. If for some reason you have not shipped yet, please communicate with me or your partner ~ we want to be sure everyone gets their art.

A big mahalo to MDM for putting this together and another one to Lori Loves Tiki for my "Happy Cannibal" carving!
I can feel the positive energy coming from the smiles and I found an even better place in my office for it!!!

Nice to see all the items finding their way to new homes...

Z

BTW... "Carl" was the name on the menu of cannibalism that Ano sent me.

Dan just showed me where he had hung the necklace that Polynesiac had included in the box with his carved cannibal tiki.
Thank you Polynesiac for both the tiki and necklace. Please let me know if the bowl arrived safely two weeks ago. Wendy

Well, I am mad enough to spit nails. From the tracking I put on my package to Tu it looks like it went to not only the wrong address, but entirely the wrong STATE. I am going to UPS tomorrow and see what I can do about it. I'll let you know what I find out. So sorry Tu, I hope they can get it back, but if not I will make another to make up for it. Stupid UPS. :x

tigertail777 if the wrong people opened the box instead of sending it back they must have felt cursed, after all that was one scary carving. Wendy

Tu and Tiger, sorry about that - hopefully it will all get resolved. At least you had tracking on it Tiger so you know what happened.

Okay... I am seriously confused. UPS checked and rechecked; the package did get to Tu's destination they say. But I was sent the wrong confirmation tracking number through a computer glitch on their part. Sooooo... Tu did you get your package or not? :-? Let me know please.

got mine and its SCHWEET..thanks and salut!! Another great swap!

Got my rum painting earlier in the week. Thanks again!

T

Jon (Hang10tiki)& I made our swap at Oasis. After Oasis I had a motorcycle trip planned with some friends so I didn't get a chance to put out Jon's great tiki. Here it is in my patio. It has an end table all it's self. Thanks again Jon, it looks great.
It was cool meeting everyone & putting faces to names at Oasis.
Thanks to MDM for putting this swap together.

Jon, The lamp looks good in your room!

TikiPops-
The lil dude looks good in his new home.
Enjoy and thanks for the Kool lamp.
Great to meet you at Oasis.
Glad the motorcycle trip was a safe one.
Cheers

Jon

I received Pikey's Dog's great swap piece a couple days ago, but unfortunately my hard drive bit the big one so I've been a bit out of commission. I'm on a loaner now & will try to get pics posted this weekend.
~kele

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 547 replies