Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Quiet Village Radio - ON THE AIR

Pages: 1 37 replies

D

Quiet Village radio is now ON THE AIR.
Listen now at http://www.digitiki.com/radio/index.html

Compatible with: iPhone, iPad, Android, Blueberry, Mac, PC, iTunes, WinAmp, RealPlayer, Windows Medai Player

SHOWS:
• Friday Night Luau : a solid hour of Hapa Haole. The perfect soundtrack for your back yeard luau. Fridays, 7-8pm (Pacific)
• Quiet Village Archives : The show that started it all. Past episodes of the Quiet Village Podcast can be heard three different times each week- Mondays 7am, 4pm, 7pm (Pacific)
• Swingin' Sunday Brunch : The cure for the Mai Tai hangover. Wake up and have a bloody mary with the Rat Pack, jazz cats and swingers- Sundays 8am - 10am (Pacific)

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

[ Edited by: Digitiki 2013-06-01 08:29 ]

This is great stuff, thanks for creating this! I love the Sunday "Mai Tai hangover" programming!

H
Hearn posted on Sat, Jun 1, 2013 4:32 AM

Digitiki, you've done it again!

Fantastic stuff...thank you!

D

Thanks guys! I hope it entertains you for a long time!!

H

Fantastic! The mister and I were listening it to it tonight, and he was so inspired he ordered 2 Digitiki mai tai glasses!

I'm really digging it. It's been my soundtrack all night. Excellent job!

Quiet Village Radio: "Turn it on and rip the knob off!".

kevin

We've been listening and loving it all weekend.

Motivated me to figure out how to add a new streaming station to my Denon AVR receiver and set it as a favorite!

:)

TT

Great job Digitiki!

M

I've listened to all your podcasts so its nice to have an ongoing format to listen to.

I love Quiet Village Radio. :D

M

I wish I could get it to work on my iphone but it doesn't support flash devices.

You can get it on your iPhone. In fact there are 2 ways. From the main radio page tap the right "knob" for "iOS & Mobile devices". On the next page tap the iPhone button.

Alternately, from the main radio page tap "launch web player". On the new screen that opens, tap the current song that's listed.

The flash element is the UI to show a radio player, but it's not needed to play the stream itself.

Kevin

R
Rawim posted on Wed, Jun 5, 2013 8:45 PM

This is amazing. I stream it at home all the time!

M

On 2013-06-05 19:45, heylownine wrote:
You can get it on your iPhone. In fact there are 2 ways. From the main radio page tap the right "knob" for "iOS & Mobile devices". On the next page tap the iPhone button.

Kevin

Kevin, it works - thanks!

D

Thank you all for the kind words!! the first Friday Night Luau starts tonight at 8pm (Pacific). Fingers crossed!

Loving this! Thanks Digitiki!

Loving this on my days working at home. Trying to get Pandora to set up an Exotica station is like pulling teeth. This requires no work cause you did it all for me.

WONDERFUL!!

Thanks.

• Dale

I'm really enjoying it as well. My only problem us that after running the Flash player for a while, it starts stuttering. It certainly gives the songs an interesting rhythm!

Uh oh. Looks like the website has been suspended.

Z

I just tried to goto the site and its been suspended. I also found it on my podcast app and while the show is there its saying there is no content. :( was looking forward to it.

Your website is down.

FYI...here is Facebook message from Digitiki:

The Quiet Village Podcast & Radio

Here is temporary URL so you can listen to the Quiet Village Radio online until the web site hosting issue is resolved. Sorry about that folks.

http://www.shoutcast.com/Internet-Radio/quiet%20village

RB

Update:

The Quiet Village Podcast & Radio

DigiTiki.com is back up and access to the online radio player is functioning. However, the podcast files are not working. This should be fixed within the next 1 to 2 days!

TT

Episode 64 is up!!!
Interview with the family of Julius Wechter, vibraphonist for Martin Denny and founder of the Baja Marimba Band.

I listen to that show last night. Another great episode.

H
Hamo posted on Sun, Dec 29, 2019 11:56 AM

I just want to say that I'm grateful that Digitiki is still producing Quiet Village Radio. I put it on Christmas Day for the special broadcast of exotica and vintage Christmas music, and it was well-received by everyone. However, I do miss the additional programming that used to be on, especially "Sunday Brunch."

http://digitiki.com/radio/index.html

D

Shameless bump. Quiet Village is still on the air! Now going on 9 years of sending out Exotic vibes to the world. Now you can tell your Alexa to "play Quiet Village Radio" and she will do it.

[ Edited by Digitiki on 2022-04-26 08:29:33 ]

I wish I could get that to work with Siri.

Thanks again for Quiet Village Radio. I'm still a regular listener.

It does. Just say Hey Siri, Play Quiet Village Radio. You can tell her to play it from a specific app if you like. It defaults to playing the stream from Apple Music.

Here is a supportive bump Digitiki! Kat and I have been listening to our for many years. We love your show!

I believe you--but I can barely get Siri to tell me the time.... I'll keep harassing her, though.

LOL I yell at Siri and Alexa all the time. My kids laugh and say "dad's going crazy again". Alexa's the worst. I think she hates me and deliberately doesn't do what I tell her to do LOL

[ Edited by Digitiki on 2022-04-28 08:24:43 ]

[ Edited by Digitiki on 2022-04-28 08:24:57 ]

The robots are not what we were promised and have made us all crazy old men yelling at clouds.

Enjoying Quiet Village Podcast very much. Thank you for putting the show together and educating me on the finer points of tiki music.

i just listened to the TC episode of the pod last night and it was such a good listen. really made me happy to be back here again, even though i was always more of a lurker...

Just want to say Thanks for all the newer podcast episodes! I just realized a few weeks ago that they were there & have been very much enjoying getting caught up. Looking forward to more!

T
Tiare posted on Sat, Jul 9, 2022 3:35 PM

Just listened to your Hanford episode. It was good to hear about the history and what it took to the get the site back up. Thanks for doing the interview.

T

"Just listened to your Hanford episode"

Yeah, I did too it was great.

At first to hear "we will be back it's just an overhaul" well that's what is posted on the doors of many places that go out forever.

So, to hear Hanford say "I want Tikicentral to go on for as long as I can" well that goes a long way.

I have that early grog log Hanford spoke of never knew it was that rare. Think we bought it online way back when.

Pages: 1 37 replies