Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tonga Hut coming to Palm Springs 11/2013

Pages: 1 2 79 replies

Congrats Danny, I am so glad you had a place where your talent can shine, it's been a while since someone let ya! I am looking forward to returning to the country and to experience this oasis in the company of good friends!

T

I'll be in town late January. What's the address?

Thanks Doc! We( Kevin, Claudia, Jeremy and myself) are very excited as well. We knew Palm Springs history and we hope we can bring a little tiki magic back to Palm Sorings. We will keep you posted on our opening!

Amy

danny is tearin it up! go get em! it looks killer!!!!

Had a great time at THPS. What a great looking venue - So, who are the tikiphiles out here other than myself who can help put together a TC night each week at Tonga Hut Palm Springs once it is officially open.

Questions: Are Happy Hours on the horizon?

Will bands be a regular happening?

Also, I have to say, the manager? - the woman, I think her name is Wen (I am guessing on the spelling) seemed on the ball, interested in doing things correctly, and on top of her game. My daughter and I had great service. The rumaki was SO spot on. In fact, all of the dishes were fantastically done in a way that would have made Donn himself smile.

And the decor - from the Bali Hai type map on the balcony, the bar, the dining room, and the secret room with its back balcony, will really make people trip. Remember how tiki was an escapist get away. Well, this place will do it for you and actually has its own secrets.

Congratulations to everyone at THPS!

TT

Lost Tonga Hut pendant, help needed! I lost my Tonga Hut pendant at Tonga Hut Palm Springs last night ... Most likely it fell off somewhere in the Tonga Hut. It is of the utmost importance because it is supposed to be the master used to make more TH pendants. The pendant is a pale gray/green with "Tonga Hut" written on the back. Please return to me or Tonga Hut, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

E
ebtiki posted on Mon, Dec 9, 2013 1:06 AM

Anyone have photos to share? (Or details on location-specific mugs?)
e.

D
dibroc posted on Mon, Dec 9, 2013 6:20 AM

On 2013-12-08 09:55, Tonga Tom wrote:
Lost Tonga Hut pendant, help needed! I lost my Tonga Hut pendant at Tonga Hut Palm Springs

Pendent found

Seriously, lets get some updates. I can't wait for better news other than "Pendant Found".

Still waiting on the Liquor license, I hear.

Danny did a awesome job on this build. But any build Danny does is RAD!!!!!!!!! :D

Any news on eta regarding L?

M
Murph posted on Thu, Jan 30, 2014 9:42 AM

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! The long wait is over! We are proud to announce that the Tonga Hut Palm Springs has received its Liquor License!… Let The Rum Flow!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone who worked so hard to getting the place up and running-great news for the tiki community!!

Love live The Hut!

So, are you open?

Can I come on down now? I mean right now?

Edit, I want by today and the sign on the door says open by mid February. Ahhh, Can I wait?

[ Edited by: telescopes 2014-02-01 19:19 ]

we open February 14th officially. Hope to see you all there!

ALOHA!!! Hurray,Hurray! Tonga Hut P.S.is finally opening its doors for all!...However, TikiMouse and I will be @ the soft opening tonight(the 7th)...but the 14th will be a blast too:-) see everyone there! ...."there's always rum just around the corner"

I am so there! Hallelujah

Tonga Hut Palm Springs Grand Opening with the Martini Kings feb 16th and 17th (sunday and monday) early shows starting at 6pm

Just checking - will you be open on Friday for drinks? This coming Friday that is.

Z
zond2 posted on Tue, Feb 11, 2014 5:47 PM

We are so going to be there...both nights!

M
Murph posted on Wed, Feb 12, 2014 1:13 PM

Yes, open this Friday the 14th
Sammy Velvet will be spinning the tunes!
https://www.facebook.com/TongaHutPalmSprings

M
Murph posted on Wed, Feb 12, 2014 1:17 PM

This Sunday and Monday the Martini Kings will be setting the tone at the Hut.

My guest on Wednesday night's Ray Boylan Show (LATalkRadio.Com - 6pm PST) was Sherman Chan. Sherman is a classically trained Cantonese chef, who is in charge of the culinary side of the Tonga Hut, Palm Springs, which opens to the public this afternoon at 4pm. This opening comes fresh off a very successful, and well receIved soft, invitation only weekend. Join us as we talked about Sherman's extensive experience and her approach to coordinating the kitchen and bar sides of the Tonga Hut, Palm Springs.

Here is the link.......

http://latalkradio.com/archives/Boylan-021214.mp3

Have a great Valentine's at the new Hut, kids!

It was great. Finally, a tiki restaurant worthy of Palm Springs Don the Beachcomber alas the past. Congratulations Amy et Al. You have a loyal patron. Where else can you go and get real Rumaki and a Cantanese style tiki dinner with real tiki drinks. The place is so classy and over the top. Plus a great view of Down Town Palm Springs.

Z
zond2 posted on Fri, Feb 14, 2014 8:01 PM

We're going, both nites!

What a Great job Amy!
Awesome mix of Polynesian and mod.
I think you may have just invented Polymod style.

¤(¯*•.(¯*•..TIKISKIP..•*´¯).•*´¯)¤

Lights for home and
commercial TIKI bars.

Well, isn't that cool!? When is Tonga Hut, Boston scheduled to open?

Pages: 1 2 79 replies