Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

tiki central mug exchange

Pages: 1 2 3 131 replies

Will be in Atlanta Vic's tonight ~ gotta leave by noon central time

Got the new moai bowl from Trader Vics Atlanta if someone wants one, cost + shipping, never been sipped in

What's it look like ?

What's weird is that every one of the moais have glaze missing from the nose I like my old style one better - If no ones interested it'll very soon (tonight) be on Ebay
$45 from Vic's

F

Holler, it's a cool bowl, but very odd about the glaze on the noses.

I just said I wanted one & they wrapped it up, I didn't look at it until 2 days later, was very surprised but then it didn't seem that bad, don't know if I would have noticed what with the low light and the Smuggler(s) - new cocktail

If anyone's going to Disney and wants to cart around a new Tiki Dole Whip Bowl - I'd sure be appreciative
'-)

I'm not going anywhere near DLR until the crowds die down but if you want one of the bowls now you can just order it from their deliverears/merch service.

Don't see it on the Disney or the Dole merch site - think its a park only item - could be wrong tho

It won't appear for a while on the site, you have to reach out and contact them for park items that aren't listed.

F

Aloha, tiki friends,
I'm going to Trader Sam's in Anaheim tonight. If you need anything, please PM me and let me know. As, usual, all at cost- no mark-ups.

Ryan

F

I'll also be in San Francisco and at Forbidden Island in the East Bay this week, so if any of you tikiphiles in need of a mug or two, please let me know what you want.

Ryan

Thanks for keeping the offers flowing Fink-I may get back to Hot'lanta in a month

Three dots had two new mugs released last night.

Would this also be the proper venue to post items of questionable origins to verify value or possibly answer questions about collectables?

I bought a mug at Frankie's Tiki Room in Vegas. I was astonished when I turned to bottom up and saw the label. I thought all of Tiki Farms wares were USA made.

Wrong thread for this - remove it please

E

Anyone able to help out a poor soul in the tiki mug wilderness of Sydney, Australia with one of those cool Three Dots and a Dash Fiji Mermaids?

Happy to pay to cover any and all costs.

Tiki Farm does have some mugs made in other countries, think of it like buying Apple products where they say "Designed in California" on them.

Regarding the 3 dots and a Dash question, email them and they will send you a form for mailing.

F

Anytime, Holler. I might need one of those Moai bowls from TV's when you get back there again. :wink:

Tipsy thanks for the tip re: Three Dots' new mugs. Love that seahorse swizzle, though!

F

Going to be at the Trader Sam's "Mahaloween" event on 9/29 and can pick up one, possibly two extra "new" zombie mugs for the good peeps here. PM me if you want me to pick on up and ship to you.

Ryan

Aloha friends,
My "extra mug" spots are all full now. Sorry!

Ryan

Will try to get to Trader Vic's next week in Atlanta - Aaaaand if anyone is going to Forbidden Island I'd love a Octopus Rum Barrel Mug

Shaka! - Tiki Beeki

[ Edited by: Holler Waller 2014-10-04 07:26 ]

[ Edited by: Holler Waller 2014-12-29 18:32 ]

Aloha!

If anyone is going to the Bali Hai 60th, and can spare an extra Anniversary mug for me I'd really appreciate it! I have, or can get practically anything from the LA area to trade, as well as many others.

PM me please...Mahalo!
LT

I got two three dots and a dash clam shell bowls ready for trade. Whaddaya got ?

anyone got a bali hai anniversary mug and / or poster they want to sell or trade ??

F

Tiki Exchange friends,
I'm putting out a small bounty for one of these:

Love that glaze!

Will pay shipping and buy you the drink (or two)!

Mucho mahalo!
Cheers
:drink:

F

On the flipside, I will be at the DL Trader Sam's this Saturday if any of the Ohana here need anything.
Also in Chicago at the end of the month and will definitely be at Three Dots (hopefully Chef Shangri-La, too!) if there are any specific requests.

Cheers!

Aloha everyone,

I was told that this would be a good thread to try to work out a trade.

I've reached out to some people privately on Ooga-mooga, but since the people I've reached out to haven't responded to me in a few months i figured I would give this a shot.

I have two Trader Sam's 2nd edition mugs (Zombie and Krakatoa) and I'm looking for a Tiki Room 50th anniversary Pele mug.

If anyone is interested, let me know!

[ Edited by: Benvolio7 2015-04-18 19:37 ]

On 2015-04-16 16:36, finky099 wrote:
Tiki Exchange friends,
I'm putting out a small bounty for one of these:

Love that glaze!

Will pay shipping and buy you the drink (or two)!

Mucho mahalo!
Cheers

I love that glaze too. Do you have any information about that mug? I follow Trader Sam's mugs pretty closely and I've never seen that one. Is it from a special event of some kind?

I love that glaze too. Do you have any information about that mug? I follow Trader Sam's mugs pretty closely and I've never seen that one. Is it from a special event of some kind?

That is the version going to WDW's TS Grog Grotto for their Shrunken Zombie Head drink.

On 2015-04-19 08:50, Loki-Tiki wrote:

That is the version going to WDW's TS Grog Grotto for their Shrunken Zombie Head drink.

Awesome! That means I still have a chance to get it!

K
Kedex posted on Sun, May 31, 2015 9:00 AM

If anyone is heading to Trader Sam's Grog Grotto anytime soon and could pick me up one of the Polynesian Pearl mugs, I'd appreciate it. Also looking for a beige/black Shipwreck on the Rocks barrel mug from the Trader Sam's in Anaheim, if anyone has one they could part with.

Like these?

I had someone back out of trading, so I have Grog Grotto mugs available. Let me know what you got!

F

Anybody want a mug, glass, etc from Frankie's in Vegas? I'll be there this evening. PM me by 5pm PST if you have a request.
http://www.frankiestikicentral.com/merch.html

Cheers!

On 2015-06-15 09:02, finky099 wrote:
Anybody want a mug, glass, etc from Frankie's in Vegas? I'll be there this evening. PM me by 5pm PST if you have a request.

Cheers!

Hey Finky! Hope you have a great time! Just went there in September, got every mug they offered! If they have anything new that's not on the website (I already have all of those), I'll take it! I'll be happy to send you the money via paypal or however's best for you. Thanks for the offer to everyone!

Mahalo!

On 2015-06-15 09:44, Kahiki Guy wrote:

On 2015-06-15 09:02, finky099 wrote:

Cheers!

Hey Finky! Hope you have a great time! Just went there in September, got every mug they offered! If they have anything new that's not on the website (I already have all of those), I'll take it! I'll be happy to send you the money via paypal or however's best for you. Thanks for the offer to everyone!

Mahalo!

Kahiki, will see if they have anything new since the Fall. I was there in Feb and the newest thing (I think) then was the Brad Parker mug. If there's anything else newer, I will snag one for you and we'll work out the details.
Cheers!

F

Nope, nuthin' new last night.

No worries. Thanks for checking Finky!

I'll be going to Milwaukee/Chicago next month on a tiki tour. Everyone will have to keep an eye out in this thread and let me know if they need any mugs from the places I'll be hitting. I'll only have limited space, as I've never been, and am hitting between 8-9 Tiki Bars on my trip and collecting every mug I can, so it'll be first come, first served.

Mahalo!

i don't think there are 8-9 tiki bars total in wisconsin and illinois combined !!

i got three hala kahiki anniversary mugs with matchbook and coaster available for $20 each or trade. plus shipping. Let me know who needs one- first come first serve till they run out. I don't think these are available anymore in their gift shop.

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2015-06-18 17:54 ]

On 2015-06-18 17:42, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
i don't think there are 8-9 tiki bars total in wisconsin and illinois combined !!

There are most definitely...my wife has the official list of where we're planning on going. There's 9 listed. We're planning on hitting all of them, but may only make 8 since we've only got 4 days and have a fair amount of sightseeing planned as well...I know, I"m a slacker!

On 2015-06-19 07:42, Kahiki Guy wrote:

On 2015-06-18 17:42, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

There are most definitely...my wife has the official list of where we're planning on going. There's 9 listed. We're planning on hitting all of them, but may only make 8 since we've only got 4 days and have a fair amount of sightseeing planned as well...I know, I"m a slacker!

Please post the list - I'm curious myself

Actually you are correct. There are a couple obscure ones I forgot about like tongs tiki hut and mahkahini terrace. Plus the new kona Kai

Right. I'll still post the list though:

Chicago area:
3 dots and a dash
hala kahiki
kona kai
tiki terrace
chef shangri la
tong's tiki hut

Milwaukee area:
Lucky joes
Foundation
Rendezvous (probably won't make it to this one...kinds of out of the way)

That's 9. There are lists of other bars with the word "tiki" or "beach" or something in their name, but these are the ones that are supposed to be the best representation of true tiki. I'm looking forward to hitting every one...and collecting as many mugs as my arms (and credit limit) will hold...

do yourself a huge favor - do not miss a chance to go to bryant's cocktail lounge in milwaukee. I can sing their praises all day but its better if you just look them up online- old school lounge like something out of the rat pack era but original, not dressed up to look like something out of that era. get there when they open at 5- it will take a few minutes for your eyes to adjust to the dim room. this is not a dive bar - its old school classy. they have 400 drinks - and no menu. you tell them what you like, what spirit you prefer and they whip you up a fantastic drink. all the standbys are available- mai tais, grogs, zombies, etc. happy hour they have pre prohibition drinks for half price - rusty nails, old fashioners, etc. you won't be disappointed.

great supper clubs in milwaukee area too if you are looking for food. the five o'clock club and jackson grill are tops.

if i had to choose- i would say the best old school places still open are hala kahiki and chef shangri-la - don't miss them

three dots, tiki terrace and lost lake are the best neo- tiki bars operating.

foundation room is a must and tiki joes i hear good things about but i myself have never been there yet.

look up a place called the breakers - you can hit it on the way to milwaukee for food and drink.

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2015-06-20 08:37 ]

Sounds good...I'll try to check those out. That old school lounge bar sounds fantastic.

Thanks for the tips!

S

I'm glad i read this post as i'll be in Chicago in about 10 days time with a day trip to Milwaukee planned and there are a couple of places mentioned in that list i wasn't aware of, so if time permits we might try to squeeze them in too.

Pages: 1 2 3 131 replies