Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Men, don't let this happen to you.

Pages: 1 10 replies

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but this should be an object-lesson to us all about just how bad it can get when we relax our standards.

1. If you need a sign (or a wreath!) to let people know that they're in a “tiki bar”, then it's probably not quite there yet.

2. Guys, don't let the gals design/decorate your “man cave” with stuff they make or buy at Hobby Lobby (and yes, Hobby Lobby has a man cave section).

Tiki Misanthropologist

[ Edited by: White Devil 2013-09-09 12:25 ]

TM

be careful, WD....people are going to say you are being negative! Remember, we at tiki central are now supposed to accept EVERYTHING as being tiki! There can be no purists here any more, and you cannot crap on someone's good time!

:)

That must be why I hang out in Bilge so much!

TM

we are very much polar opposites when it comes to politics....but I have to say I love all your posts! Good stuff, and usually spot on!

I tend to agree that a tiki bar shouldn't need a sign that reads "Tiki Bar".

And, yeah that particular wreath is just wrong.

[ Edited by: jimsflies 2013-09-09 10:41 ]

Ooooooooof!
Wtf is wrong with people?

Jeff btd

And, yeah that particular wreath is just wrong.

Have you spotted a tiki wreath that was otherwise? :-?

I found the wreath on my local Craigslist site, and it's also on Etsy. Only $89.

I'm ashamed of my state right now: this weekend we were out antiquing and ran across a pair of concrete moai heads, somewhat similar to this one...

I asked about the price on "the concrete head", and the dealer asked me if I meant "that Stonehenge-looking one?" Turns out it was the one she had in mind, and after checking the price, she corrected her description. "That's the one we call The Conquistador."

Some of my best deals have come from people that don't know what they're selling. :)

It's funny that she equated Stonehenge and Moai. In Hunt, TX there used to be a replica Stonehenge next to 2 replica Moai heads.

Some of my best deals have come from people that don't know what they're selling.

This wasn't one of those: $100 for $5 worth of concrete.

T

May have to go into therapy over the sight of that....wreath....

Pages: 1 10 replies