Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

RIP Steve Soto - Sacramento Ohana

Pages: 1 10 replies

For those who have not heard yet--Steve Soto passed away last night from a heart attack.

He was a low key type guy--active for years among The Sacramento Ohana. He attended the Sac crawls and the most memorable thing about him was his huge collection of Hawaiian shirts--so many that before each stop on the crawl he would change into a new one.

You may not have known him but he was one of the kindest people many of us have ever met.

I just wanted to show respect to such a fine person who loved everything about the tiki community and who always saw the good in the people who were a part of it.

Lots of love to his friends and family during this sorrowful time. You will be missed my friend.

xoxox

Oh no, rest in peace Steve Soto. :(

Our Thoughts & Prayers are with Steve's Family.

"Waimaka o ka Lani" - The Heavens cry when a loved one passes.

i'm very sad. steve was a kind, sweet guy. i'll miss him.

There are none better than Steve. Dan and he went to high school together and were amazed when tiki brought them together again. Just today I was thinking that I would surprise him by making his crawl mug purple inside. He loved purple.

We are so sad for his dear friend Laura who will also miss him deeply.

The angles have opened their arms for him.

Many hugs Steve, we miss you already.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Mar 18, 2014 5:49 PM

GROG not know him, but GROG hate hearing we lost a good one.

Thanks for posting this Liz...he was certainly a kind soul who had a great passion for Tiki and sports. We all loved him and his delightful display of a different Aloha shirt for every stop on the Sacramento Tiki Crawl. Last year he was thrilled to be able to host on the crawl and was so proud of his collection and his beautiful home. His Parkway Estate posts on FaceBook were always fun to read.

I have asked Laura to see if she can acquire one of his Aloha shirts so we can take it to all the stops on our crawls so he will always be with us. RIP Steve, we love you.

For those that would like to attend I have just found out that Steve's funeral is on Saturday April 12 at noon.

It will be held at the Parkway Church of Christ 5511 Tangerine Ave, 95823.

Those are the only details I am aware of as of now. If I hear of any others I will post here for an update.

I will be sporting purple and black in honor of Steve's love of the Sacramento Kings

xoxox

Yesterday Psycho Tiki D with Amy, Tacky Tiki with Audrey, Sandra Dee, Tiki Hula, Dan and I attended the Celebration of Life for Steve Soto. We learned so much about Steve that even as friends we hadn't known before. He was talented and loved by so many friends and family. It was a moving service. He had a wonderful family who we enjoyed meeting. He was blessed throughout his life.

Wendy

Just thinking of Steve...giving him a shout out in the great beyond...WE LOVE YOU STEVE!!!

Pages: 1 10 replies