Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Space/Alien/Robot Tiki Art Swap

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 324 replies

Beautiful Sandra! So glad you decided to get involved

C
cy posted on Mon, Jul 28, 2014 8:00 AM

Fantastic space art Sandra!

Sandra I can learn a lot about painting by gazing at your art. That is so beautiful.

I'm working. The story is that this Alien has had his likeness stolen by the Bali Hai. He's not happy being called The Goof.
You never know what will happen when you go on vacation.

I have more done I need to take photos today. Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-07-28 09:15 ]

Great painting Wendy. Great story too :lol:

Lookin good

Sandra and wendy you two are killing it, way cool. Making us guys look bad :)

T

Ditto what Anthony said! Sandra, beautiful work here (as well as your other work I've seen on your site). Wendy, love the story- and the painting. I'll watch my back next time I'm at Bali Hai.... :wink:

T
TU posted on Wed, Jul 30, 2014 5:06 AM

Nice job ladies!!

For anyone who hasn't finished...

One more day left!!!!!!!

T

day left....

Thank you men. I'm going to work all day until I finish. Here's one of the Astronauts souvenirs from his trip to Earth. Wendy

Wendy- awesome

T

Tick tick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4-MZcIWWgE

Any last minute entries? :wink:

I'm almost done. As soon as SHARKNADO 2 is over I'm going to finish up.

Done.

MaukaHale, terrific start to a day of finished pieces. An artist and a carpenter/carver, you are the whole package! Wendy

Mauka- wow, looks freekin awesome, way kool

Jon

T

MaukaHale, ditto what Wendy & Jon wrote. Beautiful.

Look forward to the drawing.... :)

C
cy posted on Thu, Jul 31, 2014 10:50 AM

Incredibly cool Mauka, great work! Thanks so much Tu for running this swap!

[ Edited by: cy 2014-07-31 10:51 ]

I'm ready to swap.

Added another souvenir from Earth.

Next step.

All done and framed. Dan choose the title of Alien Astronaut by Wendy Cevola c 2014

Nice creation Wendy. You continue to amaze all of us!

Awesome..........

Very cool MH and Wendy!!!!!

MaukaHale

hang10tiki

MadDogMike

As Elvis used to say, "Thank you very much".

Let's see some more finished pieces. I'm sitting here hitting refresh every few seconds...not.

Wendy

Done! With a few hours to spare! I sewed him a pair of tie dyed shorts and added details to the straw, flower and eyes with paint you bake in your home oven. Although I'm excited to swap he's my favorite piece so far and I'm going to miss him.

Great job everyone!

Here's my contribution -

T
TU posted on Thu, Jul 31, 2014 7:16 PM

Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm at the end of a 11 hour day. If anyone needs a little extra time, let me know. I will post the list of swap partners tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone for a great swap!!!!

It has been a pleasure and an honor.

Everything is looking great! I've been out of state for a couple weeks and am moving into our new house over the next couple days but really looking forward to the swap!

Lori- he looks kool, great colors

tu- Thanx for leading da swap

Everyone did a great job.....

8 min to go......

Jon

T
TU posted on Fri, Aug 1, 2014 4:11 AM

Buzzer Sound!!!!

Here is the list of completers............

Zero
Mad Dog
Cy
Anthony
Hang 10
Tiki Ano
Lori
Mauka Hale
Wendy
Sandra
and me

It's an odd number, so there will be a 3 way swap.

I'm going to go thru the thread one more time to make sure I didn't miss anyone and will post the swappers before I head off to to work if I can.

Any last second hail mary finishers?
Tiki Daye and Wood Tiki, did you guys finish? Your in progress shots looked good. I will wait until this afternoon to post the results of the completely random drawing.

[ Edited by: TU 2014-08-01 04:26 ]

Thanks for heading up the swap TU!

LoriLOvesTiki you made a very cute Alien. Good job, Wendy

WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Thanks TU :)

Z

Alrighty! Byootiful stuff all around - can't wait to send off my piece via rum fueled hyperdrive!
~Zero

T
TU posted on Fri, Aug 1, 2014 2:19 PM

Thanks for waiting until this afternoon for the list. "The Man" frowns on personal computer use.
If you are new, all you need to do is Personal Message the person you are swapping with and trade addresses. If you are close, or both going to San Diego, feel free to swap in person. As long as you get someone's art and they get yours, it's a great day!!!

Here is the exchange list...

Anthony and Cy
Hang 10 and Tiki Ano
Mad Dog and Tu
Mauka Hale and Zero

for the odd number...
Sandra to Wendy
Wendy to Lori
Lori to Sandra

This is totally weird that the guys swap with guys and the gals swap with gals, but that is just the way the randonmness worked out.

Thanks again for everyone's participation!!! I had a lot of fun and hope you did too.

Have fun in San Diego and drink some rum for me.

I got a TikiAno mug, sweeeeeeeeeet.......
Exchange at Oasis
No shipping, bonus.......
I'm stoked......

Jon

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2014-08-01 15:10 ]

And I get TU MUCH pink flamingo AWESOMENESS!!! TU cool! I can't remember if you are headed for Oasis TU?

When you hurry through life, you just get to the end faster.
Pirate Ship Tree House

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2014-08-01 15:28 ]

C
cy posted on Fri, Aug 1, 2014 4:01 PM

I am thrilled to add another anthonymaye to my collection! Thanks again Tu for running this always fun event.

Z

Wa~HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Blast off to da planet of awesome!

Hi guys!

I've been out of town and am so excited to come back and see everybody's work. :) THe messages fly by so quickly on this forum, it's easy to lose track.

So I will be reaching out to you Wendy and Lori.

Thanks so much for doing this, TU! Count me in for the next one. :)

Sandra

T

Sweeet! I'm with Jon- no shipping = mo' better! Excited to have a Hang 10 carving in the ol' collection!

Everyone's work was fantastic during this swap, such a variety of creativity approaching the subject. Tu, thanks so much once again for organizing and keeping track of the craziness.

Great theme + great participants + great ideas + great (& varied) execution = (inter) Stellar swap!

Thank you TU for a wonderful swap. We are looking forward to having Sandra's art in our home and shipping
my painting to LoriLovesTiki.

Lori I have your address. Is shipping by US Post Office this weekend OK?

Cheers, Wendy

PS lets not forget to post photos when we each receive our art

It's so funny that the girls are swapping with the girls and the guys with the guys! I can't wait to receive Wendy's painting and will be boxing up my guy for Sandra. :)

Thanks again for a great swap!

T

Bummer... I thought my post on Thursday night indicated I was in the swap. I literally was packing and unpacking a moving truck all day Friday and back at it today. I just popped on to see who my trade partner was. Oh well... my twin girls said my swap piece was their favorite tiki-inspired project I've completed and were bummed to hear I was swapping it. Looks like they will get it!

Everything looks great... Enjoy your swaps!

Peace,
Jason 'TikiDaye'

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 324 replies