Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Tiki Central Members Most Embarassing Photos Post

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 191 replies

On 2003-12-13 00:58, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Okay, all of you NEWBIES...Step up to the pump and show us all you've got intestinal fortitude...

regular or unleaded?

Newbies with intentestinal fortitude huh ... you did say 'most embarassing right'?

Me as a sprout.

Me, somewhere in the middle.

Me, now ...

But the most embarassing has to be this one. I had a tough time finding
a fig leaf that fit comfortably (modesty aside)! It's really quite a
long and painful story. You know that nights that start out like this
never really end well.

I would say we have an ace here....

and this isn't going to result in a series of "remarks?" :)

j$

Perhaps it's just a shocked silence due to the size of my fig leaf? :D

D

I think we have a wiener...I mean winner here!

Thanks (I think). I'd take a bow, but ... you know, I'd hate to risk putting an eye out this close to Christmas. Sadly, some of us never learn from our mistakes. Our sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

chillin' in mah tapa overalls...

this pic was repatriated to me yesterday.

peace braddahs and sistahs, j$

This was a few Halloweens ago with my girlfriend. I wanted to go as a dead beach-bum, but everyone I encounterd thought I was Beetlejuice or something.

[ Edited by: Creature from the Slack Lagoon on 2003-12-27 00:28 ]

Time to resurrect this thread for all the new members. (hehehehe). Plus I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN ANY PHOTOS OF BONG YET!

Look what my wife found during our latest house-cleaning. (I thought for sure that hiding these behind the wallboards would keep her from finding them.) Here I am at a highschool prom. Not my Prom mind you, but my LITTLE SISTER'S FRIEND'S PROM. Please note the dorky smile that appeared on my face whenever a camera was pointed at it.

It took finding the right woman to get me relaxed enough to take a decent picture. Tikibelle is such a natural in front of the camera - so relaxed and playful and funny, that she puts me right at ease. While I wouldn't consider myself photogenic by a long shot, I'm much more myself in this photo with Tikibelle.

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-08-13 14:21 ]

Just what is it about the combination of billybob teeth and cheap beer that makes for great photos

this was halloween a couple years ago.. I went as a dead goth.. har har..

I think the thing that makes this a truly horrifying photo is the angle at which it was taken. No woman should ever be photographed at this angle... ever..

S

that weren't halloween, that was greenbay.
Pea is drnk
jejejejwooooo
sleeeep
bubba teef rule.

On 2004-08-15 03:31, sweetpea wrote:
that weren't halloween, that was greenbay.
Pea is drnk
jejejejwooooo
sleeeep
bubba teef rule.

The TEEEETH were greenbay the goth was halloween hahahahahaaa

have a cuppa coffee :wink:

S
SES posted on Mon, Aug 16, 2004 12:41 AM

I discovered a lovely (NOT) Halloween photo of me on some website once. Think I'll prefer to remain Anonymous with that one! I thought the camera was my friend's. OOPs...
:wink:

Tennnnn hut!

On 2004-12-14 19:26, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Tennnnn hut!

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-13 11:34 ]

T

Well - this has been a long time coming - so here goes!

1973 - with Santa (this probably should be in that other post about horrible Santas....) - one of many horrifying home made outfits....

1976 - with my brother Pete at Grace Bible Chapel in Fullerton - another home-made Grandma outfit...

Both probably 1986 or 1987 - Flock Of Seagulls hair & eyeliner... the first one looks like I'm wearing a chain earring - but I swear to God I'm not!

For tikifish - Home-made ZZ Top jacket, with tour patches aquired from Honeymoon Suite Roadies...optional eyeliner included.

For Sabu - Grad Night at Disneyland, 1987. Skinny 80s leather tie, trenchcoat & Duran Duran hair with frosted highlights...

For Purple Jade - scary musical theatre memories - here I am at far left in 'Camelot' - 1988 (PJ - let meknow if you dare to see the Captain Hook pics...)

And finally - for Mach Tiki - the Stryper motherload... Kids - shield your eyes....

1985 - Verdugo Pines church camp - the infamous home-made "777 - Jesus Christ Rocks" shirt, which gave my mother fits...

Probably also 1985 - in the backyard with my brother before the Stryper concert - I had wrapped myself in yellow and black police tape, put on eyeliner and my best parachute pants (not seen very well here). I'm missing the rest of the photos in this series - which would be far too embarrassing to post anyway...

These just turned up quite by accident - my bedroom circa 1984....

Notice the wallpaper (which had been there since the early 70s) that blends seemlessly with the photos....

Anyone who can correctly ID the buttons I am wearing will get a special prize....

M

Tang... YOU RULE!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Now, I guess I need to dig into my 80's pictures and post them as well.

Wow, Tangaroa, another 6-degrees connection.

I was a Satanist in the '80s!

:wink:

*(At least that's what you'd have called me. I played Dungeons and Dragons!)

[ Edited by: BarkerBird on 2005-02-03 18:52 ]

Tang,

I would say you are my new hero, but you already are. Love the home-made ZZ-top jacket. You took it way beyond what I did in the 1980s.

I too was going to Camp Verdugo Pines, but in the 1970s with Ladera Bible Chapel, trying to meet the cute girls by catching rattlesnakes and chasing them around with them. Some things never change.

I also played Dungeons and Dragons while maintaining a firm grasp on Christianity, despite my parents fears that I was giving in to Satan.

Thanks for the good belly-laugh, my friend.

T

On 2005-02-03 20:13, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
Tang,I also played Dungeons and Dragons while maintaining a firm grasp on Christianity, despite my parents fears that I was giving in to Satan.

Thanks for the good belly-laugh, my friend.

Where was tikifish during all this? I never, never ever saw any girls playing any role-playing games ever!

On 2005-02-03 18:51, BarkerBird wrote:
Wow, Tangaroa, another 6-degrees connection.

I was a Satanist in the '80s!
:wink:*(At least that's what you'd have called me. I played Dungeons and Dragons!)

No - my mother would have called you a satanist... With a father who worked part-time for Paul Crouch's Trinity Broadcasting Network (ask me stories about that sometime...), and grandparents that thought 'Bewitched' was a corrupting influence - let's just say that D & D was not too welcome at the Merritt house growing up... Once, my mother caught me bringing this home:

She told me, "The next time I see anything like that in our house, it's going in the GARBAGE DISPOSAL!!!!! So, C.S. Lewis is OK - but D & D isn't?????
Needless to say, the Motley Crue LP was well hidden at that point....

Anyway, Barker Bird - you will be glad to know that my first Maya project will be an Orc fighting a Beholder...

"You are attacked! Roll 2D 20 sided for damage...."

T

I have 2 words for you baby... GELATINOUS CUBE!!!

On 2005-02-04 07:20, Tangaroa wrote:

Where was tikifish during all this? I never, never ever saw any girls playing any role-playing games ever!

Girls didn't bother with something as half-assed as mere "role-playing". Girls picked up a few real spell books and set out to become true witches.
(Jeez, didn't you see The Craft?)

C

I too used to play Dungeons and Dragons back in the 70s but then I learned the truth after reading this.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp

Just kidding, I still have no idea what the truth is.

[ Edited by: captnkirk on 2005-02-05 07:23 ]

T

HAW! HAW ! HAW! (for all you Jack Chicksters out there...)

i promised tangaroa some longhair photos, so here goze.

[snob]i was doin the chain wallet thing in '91[/snob] :)

dude! 1

dude! 2

dread pirate (taken a day after the above photo) p.s. unga bunga i'm the one on the left)

toulouse?

freddy mercury in paradise?

:music:Take this cup, awaaaaaay from me, for I don't want to taste its poison, feel it burn me... :music:

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2005-02-06 14:51 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Sun, Feb 6, 2005 3:55 PM

is that you Kurt?

T

YESSSSSS! Nice J$ - we all thank you....

And where are Purple Jade's long promised Musical Theatre photos....?

Here's an old one - San Francisco, North Beach 1958. My grandparents had a photography studio on Columbus Avenue and we used to hang there all the time, we lived just blocks away. They were constantly taking pictures of us and dressing us up in little suits and things.

I really wanted to post a picture of me dressed as an elf passed out during a wild Christmas party about ten years ago - elf shoes sticking up - but I can't find it anywhere! Cheers

8T

I really wanted to post a picture of me dressed as an elf passed out during a wild Christmas party about ten years ago - elf shoes sticking up - but I can't find it anywhere!

C'mon now elf Paul, just re-enact that and get some new photos.

On 2005-02-06 14:50, purple jade wrote:
:music:Take this cup, awaaaaaay from me, for I don't want to taste its poison, feel it burn me... :music:

bless you, my child.

F

Ok, this was taken after a wild party with a lot of booze. I woke up the next day married to a large Samoan woman with a shrunken head around her neck. She made a killer stew, though. I never did find out what she put in it.

On 2005-02-08 07:09, finkdaddy wrote:
Ok, this was taken after a wild party with a lot of booze. I woke up the next day married to a large Samoan woman with a shrunken head around her neck. She made a killer stew, though. I never did find out what she put in it.

Now that's my kind of party! Seriously, our old Luaus in Toluca Lake used to last a couple of days. And the morning after the big night we'd find sleeping bodies here and there and not know who the people were. Richard and I would be whispering to each other, "Do you that person?" "Who's that!". Quite fun. Then we'd clean-up (hated it) and eventually all stagger out to the lounge chairs by the pool for a quite day in the sun. More people would show up throughout the day on that second day and eventually someone would start mixing up some cocktails and there we'd go again. The third day we would just sleep. We haven't had a good Luau since we moved, but we're going to renew the annual tradition (but nowhere as big as we used to) this August.

[ Edited by: pariartspaul on 2005-02-08 08:13 ]

T

Paul - I can't tell you how much Nicole & I miss your annual Luaus.... Especially her traditional "Oops - I fell in the pool!" moment!

Yes I remember Nicole and her friend from San Diego I think doing a late night Ester Williams routine with the underwater pool light on them. Beautiful.
Then there was another time that there was a late night group skinny dipping in the pool and they would bob up for shots to the delight of the crowd on the deck.

JT

dread pirate (taken a day after the above photo) p.s. unga bunga i'm the one on the left)

I thought you were great in the movie "The Princess Bride" with Andre the Giant!

[ Edited by: jax tiki on 2005-02-08 12:44 ]

EXACTLY what I was thinking!!

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine on 2005-02-08 13:01 ]

TC

HA! here's my high school senior photo (class of 1990) along w/ a photo of me in college a few years later (class of whenever):

and here's one of me (i'm the fuzzy one) circa 1995 not quite lost in southern africa and having the time of my life:

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, Aug 8, 2005 8:09 AM

Tiki Chris, your before and after looks just like my friends before and after. THe same face before and after. Amazing.

My Dad used to make us take pictures in front of landmark signs whenever we went someplace on vacation. Here is one of my favorites

I'm in the middle, cat eye glasses & missing front teeth. When I found this photo last year, my sisters and I were crying with laughter. I made it my Christmas card. We are ages 10, 6 and 2. We call it the "Ugly Sisters go to Lake Cachuma"

On 2005-08-08 21:24, stuff-o-rama wrote:
My Dad used to make us take pictures in front of landmark signs whenever we went someplace on vacation. Here is one of my favorites

I'm in the middle, cat eye glasses & missing front teeth. When I found this photo last year, my sisters and I were crying with laughter. I made it my Christmas card. We are ages 10, 6 and 2. We call it the "Ugly Sisters go to Lake Cachuma"

So were you visiting the Ugly Sisters? All I see are 3 cute little kids on vacation.

K
kctiki posted on Tue, Aug 9, 2005 8:13 AM

The gals today prance around like they invented the belly button. Here I am ahead of fashion in the 70's.

OL

[ Edited by: ookoo lady 2006-06-21 09:03 ]

K

Krustiki - always the ladies man, even in 1968 with his RFK toupee.

Remember being a young teen and the horror of going out in public with your family? My nephew is currently suffering from this and my father makes it his mission to make a spectacle in his presence. My nephew, Mikey, graduated Junior High this year. Instead of a Graduation Ceremony they had a family picnic on the football field and had "performances" by the school band, the school choirs and the cheer squad. My nephew and I were laughing at the performances as they were a combination of Napoleon Dynamite and Waiting for Guffman. Plus, being 14, he was so embarrassed he wanted to crawl under his chair and hide. Not to mention, my Dad who finds himself funnier than people think he is, was making a scene to Mikey's horror. My stepmom captured it all in a single "Kodak Moment"

Also note the WalMart bag next to him in which his Grandpa bought him underwear. I can't wait for Mikey to start retaliating on the old man!

Here's an old rite of passage here on Tiki Central I thought should be brought back so'sn the newbies can go ahead and get "100 percent" initiated :)

P.S...Lake, I love you, brother, but I'm just not too sure I'm feeling the Tevas or Chacos or whatever those non-shoes are... :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 191 replies